Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate (2784 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) / New Twist: Okorocha, Nda-Isaiah Refuse to Step Down for Buhari - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by JECBOSS: 2:31am On Nov 25, 2013
There is a new twist in the
controversial Anambra State
governorship election whose outcome
remains inconclusive and a
supplementary poll is planned for
November 30. One of the aspirants for
the ticket of the All Progressives
Grand Alliance (APGA) Hon. Uche
Ekwunife is asking that the court
declare her the authentic candidate of
the party.
Ekwunife is the runner- up to Mr.
Willie Obiano at the APGA
governorship primary, having scored
the second highest votes.
In a suit filed at the Federal High
Court, Awka, Anambra State capital,
Hon Ekwunife, a member of the
House of Representatives, prayed the
court to declare her as the rightful
candidate for APGA in the November
16, 2013 governorship election. In her
suit which has Mr. Willy Obiano, the
Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC) and APGA, as the
first, second and third defendants
respectively, Ekwunife is urging the
court to disqualify Obiano as the
candidate of APGA, by virtue of his
alleged multiple registration in Lagos
and Anambra states.
In the originating summons filed by
her counsel, Chief Ugo Ugwunnadi,
she argued: “By virtue of the multiple
registration, which is a serious
electoral offence and by the combined
effect of Sections 9 (1), (2), (3), 2, 3,
12 (1), (2) and 24 (1)(e) of the 2010
Electoral Act of Nigeria, as amended,
and Section 178 (5) of the 1999
Constitution of the Federal Republic
of Nigeria, as amended, Mr. Obiano is
not a registered voter qualified to
vote and be voted for in Anambra
State and therefore, he cannot contest
an election in a state, where he is not
a legally and validly registered voter.”
In her supporting affidavit to the
originating summons, the federal
lawmaker alleged: “Mr. Obiano was
assigned with three different VIN
numbers, by virtue of the multiple
registration as follows – (1) 90F5
B12B 0129 6204 172, (2) 90F5 B15E
7D37 8200 332, and (3) 90F5 B12B
8837 7091 121 respectively, annexed
as Exhibits UE2, UE3 and UE4. All
these appeared in three different
Voters’ Register.”
Consequent upon this, Ekwunife is
also asking the court for an order
directing APGA to substitute the
name of Obiano with hers and for
INEC to deal with her as the rightful
candidate of APGA and moreso, for
the fact that elections were contested,
lost and won by political parties and
not individuals.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/new-twist-anambra-guber-ekwunife-asks-court-declare-apga-candidate/

Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by ceo4eva: 2:32am On Nov 25, 2013
OK

1 Like

Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by egift(m): 3:16am On Nov 25, 2013
Willy-Willy how far with AdaObi? Registering 3 times, na food? Odikwa risky.

BTW, if she looses, many others will take it up. LoL

1 Like

Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Nobody: 4:21am On Nov 25, 2013
Ekwuniefe is a pretty African lady. I love seeing Black African ladies without bleached skin. Isn't she pretty without bleaching her skin?

2 Likes

Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Dereformer(m): 5:44am On Nov 25, 2013
payless: Ekwuniefe is a pretty African lady. I love seeing Black African ladies without bleached skin. Isn't she pretty without bleaching her skin?

what are u looking for in another man's wife?

Better go marry and treat ur wife the way Ekwunife's husband is treating her.

2 Likes

Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Yeske2(m): 6:02am On Nov 25, 2013
Anambra elections, always with a new twist everyday.
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Sleekbaby(f): 6:03am On Nov 25, 2013
Uche dnt tell me dt u r greedy.
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:06am On Nov 25, 2013
Sharp girl. Was waiting for APGA to win the election first before going to court so she can become governor without standing for election ala Amaechi's style.

1 Like

Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Chelcy(f): 6:06am On Nov 25, 2013
Willy Willy willy Willy oooo.....Kpa kpa kpa(clapz)....mother in d kitchen cookin ryc......kpa kpa kpa...children in d garden playn ball....#dah game was dope baq den.....
baq tu d newz,ion ave enifn tu sae tih m redi tu run for dah seat......vewi soon asin I mean vewi vewi soon
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by kenbee(f): 6:07am On Nov 25, 2013
serious!
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 25, 2013
Uche nne, I di too much! You're one woman I respect so much even though your enemies have tried to taint you with scandals. If you were the APGA flagbearer,I would have given you my complete support. I bu odogwu nwanyi. Carry go nne, nothing mega! cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 25, 2013
Dereformer:

what are u looking for in another man's wife?

Better go marry and treat ur wife the way Ekwunife's husband is treating her.
When has it become a crime to complement African woman? I only gave her a complement and nothing more..... We hardly see African women these days with their real complexion. Have you seen Stella Oduah and most of Nollywood actresses complexion lately? I hardly see a Nigerian lady in U.S who hasn't bleached her skin.
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by matzoro(m): 6:54am On Nov 25, 2013
We watched d man vote after all d controversy thereby erasing d hopes of sm ppl dat he would b disqualified, wat even happened to the other frivolious suit?
I beieve dat dis suit shld b struck out pending d outcome of d oda one and if Iyom wants she can b joined in d oda suit.

But am still waiting for official denouncement by APGA.
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 25, 2013
grin grin grin l love dreamers!!
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 25, 2013
Ndidi Igbo kwenu ...iya...kwenu ...iya

Igbos are indeed doing well. Ngige no shaking!!!

Even if Willy enter, e go comot or Lolo Ekwunife go enter or Court of Appeal, Otu Ocha go park the election for one side or call for another election by June 2013. I sabi Anamabra with women politics, no wahala, you go come clear the whole thing. Ask Dora how market?

Onwa!!!!,
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Chanchit: 7:05am On Nov 25, 2013
This woman is jonzing.. #period..!
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Kingsley1000(m): 7:07am On Nov 25, 2013
What a prudent move...i won't be surprise if Prof Soludo comes back from"oxford"to claim the same mandate,everybody is desperate for power at all cost...if the double registration is really agaisnt the law,let them evict him with a"speed of light"..i don't know when nigeria will shun mediocrities/rifraffs in our political system(they re-brand their lives for getting politcal appointment while our proffesors are rotting in their respective institutes) that's why we're always backward

1 Like

Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:09am On Nov 25, 2013
payless: Ekwuniefe is a pretty African lady. I love seeing Black African ladies without bleached skin. Isn't she pretty without bleaching her skin?
My friend, you have eyes. She is just like Omobola Johnson, ICT Minister.

1 Like

Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by bashydemy(m): 7:11am On Nov 25, 2013
This Anambra election is getting more interesting.
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 25, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Not from a Yoruba man. We know their antecedents. Abiola went around impregnating other people's wives while OBJ bleeped his daughter-inlaw.
You're very funny o! See where you mind dey go. grin grin
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by yuzedo: 7:18am On Nov 25, 2013
I KNEW Ekwunife was up to something! This scheming b****?! Hahahaha! I predicted this shït weeks ago!!!! Kai, where are those tweets sef.. Iyom my cougar!! kiss Anambra strong-lady!! grin grin
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 25, 2013
yuzedo: I KNEW Ekwunife was up to something! This scheming b****?! Hahahaha! I predicted this shït weeks ago!!!! Kai, where are those tweets sef.. Iyom my cougar!! kiss Anambra strong-lady!! grin grin
Is that why you call her a b**** ? Its now confirmed you Anambra men don't have respect for your women. Shame on you lots. angry

1 Like

Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Afam4eva(m): 7:31am On Nov 25, 2013
If Amaechi can do it then you can. I like this woman, she's strong.
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by captainobvious: 7:44am On Nov 25, 2013
On topic: so she wants to try amechi style, obi will call her to order shapaly!
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by thewarrior72: 7:49am On Nov 25, 2013
JECBOSS: There is a new twist in the
controversial Anambra State
governorship election whose outcome
remains inconclusive and a
supplementary poll is planned for
November 30. One of the aspirants for
the ticket of the All Progressives
Grand Alliance (APGA) Hon. Uche
Ekwunife is asking that the court
declare her the authentic candidate of
the party.
Ekwunife is the runner- up to Mr.
Willie Obiano at the APGA
governorship primary, having scored
the second highest votes.
In a suit filed at the Federal High
Court, Awka, Anambra State capital,
Hon Ekwunife, a member of the
House of Representatives, prayed the
court to declare her as the rightful
candidate for APGA in the November
16, 2013 governorship election. In her
suit which has Mr. Willy Obiano, the
Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC) and APGA, as the
first, second and third defendants
respectively, Ekwunife is urging the
court to disqualify Obiano as the
candidate of APGA, by virtue of his
alleged multiple registration in Lagos
and Anambra states.
In the originating summons filed by
her counsel, Chief Ugo Ugwunnadi,
she argued: “By virtue of the multiple
registration, which is a serious
electoral offence and by the combined
effect of Sections 9 (1), (2), (3), 2, 3,
12 (1), (2) and 24 (1)(e) of the 2010
Electoral Act of Nigeria, as amended,
and Section 178 (5) of the 1999
Constitution of the Federal Republic
of Nigeria, as amended, Mr. Obiano is
not a registered voter qualified to
vote and be voted for in Anambra
State and therefore, he cannot contest
an election in a state, where he is not
a legally and validly registered voter.”
In her supporting affidavit to the
originating summons, the federal
lawmaker alleged: “Mr. Obiano was
assigned with three different VIN
numbers, by virtue of the multiple
registration as follows – (1) 90F5
B12B 0129 6204 172, (2) 90F5 B15E
7D37 8200 332, and (3) 90F5 B12B
8837 7091 121 respectively, annexed
as Exhibits UE2, UE3 and UE4. All
these appeared in three different
Voters’ Register.”
Consequent upon this, Ekwunife is
also asking the court for an order
directing APGA to substitute the
name of Obiano with hers and for
INEC to deal with her as the rightful
candidate of APGA and moreso, for
the fact that elections were contested,
lost and won by political parties and
not individuals.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/new-twist-anambra-guber-ekwunife-asks-court-declare-apga-candidate/
Dreamer .....lol
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 25, 2013
nice move
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by gratiaeo(m): 8:00am On Nov 25, 2013
Lol to dreamers
Re: New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 25, 2013
berem: Uche nne, I di too much! You're one woman I respect so much even though your enemies have tried to taint you with scandals. If you were the APGA flagbearer,I would have given you my complete support. I bu odogwu nwanyi. Carry go nne, nothing mega! cheesy cool
birds of the same feathers... She is a greedy woman for desiring to reap the fruits of someone's labour and you are here clapping for her. Do you know how much Obiano spent psychologically, physically and financially? Grow up, girl undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Meet Akeem Majoyegbe The First Ever African Police In Ireland (Rep) / How Could The Nigerian Army Treat Buhari This Way? / Aburi Accord, Igbos Proposal To Break Up Nigeria- Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.