Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area (1093 Views)

Fade Ogunro- Before & After Make-up Look / Photo Of Beyonce Without Make-up At The Airport / Tiwa Savage & Waje Without Make-up (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by Caliente(m): 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2008
[size=13pt]Is there any place/spot in this world that girls won't stay and apply make-up or to be exact paint themselves up. I dare you to tell me WHERE. I agree most times it makes them look good and other times they are barely lookable. Heard a story some chic got blinded when the car braked suddenly and eye pencil went straight into her eye. You should try and respect some areas.[/size]
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by mohawkchic(f): 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2008
~Aaw  sad if there's any truth to that story of the Girl with the Eyepencil,then thats a rather unfortunate accident!!

~I wud have taken on your dare if i knew every Girl's Routine, grin but since i dont,i'll speak for meself!!

~If there's ever a need to give myself the once over,i'll do it in a Public Toilet in the mall,that is if am wearing makeup!! The only make up Routine i'll do anywhere without a second thought,is apply lip gloss!! & surely that isnt  a  " crime/disrespecting certain areas " tongue
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by Gamine(f): 8:56pm On Jul 21, 2008
Unfortunate ooh

haba,

What is wrong in enhancing ones looks
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by Caliente(m): 8:28am On Jul 22, 2008
[size=13pt]Nothing wrong with enhancing looks the problem is WHERE.[/size]
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by mohawkchic(f): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2008
Caliente Maybe if you made a List of Where its not appropriate to Enchamce One's Look, the sista's will consider it grin
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by iice(f): 4:42am On Jul 24, 2008
Yeah the driving bit is just senseless. If in the car, put it on first before starting the car and rolling.
Or like sitting in the restaurant but instead of going to the powder room, you just pull out your stuffs and have a fix there sounds like a druggie tongue
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by mohawkchic(f): 4:53am On Jul 24, 2008
~Lol  iice cheesy

~I wudnt want to do my makeup in full glare of the public eye,have you noticed the faces some women pull while doing their makeup?  grin especially with the eyes,mouth agap,lips turned sideways . . .LMAO  cheesy  i have observed this among tons of ladies,don't know Y thu especially the open mouth while do eye liner / mascara  undecided
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by iice(f): 5:05am On Jul 24, 2008
Yes! I have no idea why too. It's like anytime something nears the eye (mascara, eyeliner, contacts) there is a simultaneous reaction with the mouth tongue cheesy cheesy

What about, putting lipstick without the aid of a mirror only to see later that there is a smudge on your teeth, and the lipstick is totally outside the borders of the lips tongue grin
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by mohawkchic(f): 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2008
~LMAO . . women wahala grin i feel bad when i have to tell someone to clean the lipstick off their teeth,i just motion my finger to my teeth,some get it,some don't cheesy

~Some women outline lipstick out the borders of the lips for fuller lips . .don't look cool at all . . clownish grin
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by chika98: 2:54am On Jul 25, 2008
Don't even get me started! The last time i went to naija I shock ooo. The chics in naija wear waaaaay too much makeup! I was like damn! Why? Some of em are so mismatched that it ain't even right. Seriously we too dey over do things abeg.
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by mohawkchic(f): 3:01am On Jul 25, 2008
~I bet half the women who slap on a ridiculous amount of makeup, look far better without makeup but hey . . try telling em that  grin
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by Gamine(f): 10:18am On Jul 25, 2008
Mohawkchic, thats the thing

Even your bone structure is great

you dont have to wear makeup

but then some ppl just have to be OTT
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by mohawkchic(f): 6:57pm On Jul 25, 2008
~Aaaw Ty embarassed

~I like getting dolled up not coz i want to look more beautiful than i am . . . its something i indulge in & enjoy doing for me & M8's!! Most of all it creates a new look for me . . i do get bored of me staring back at me all the time tongue I like that feeling of Transformation & me saying "Well hellooooo" to the mirror grin
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by iice(f): 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2008
MC i wish i had your energy to do make-up. my mother is a pro and does it all the time. I on the hand not so good with it and even worse am so lazy to put it. Same thing with my sis. My transformation is usually my clothes and the character i decide should wear those clothes for that day. The extent of my make-up for say a wedding or something is just foundation, very minimal eyeshadow, mascara and lip gloss. For a normal day? Nothing, don't even put powder undecided
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by mohawkchic(f): 5:11am On Jul 27, 2008
~Lol iice . . i've worked on that energy over the years,Like You, i was only into mascara,kohl eyeliner & Lipgloss!!

~I didnt know i had the knack of doing makeup artistically . . i use to have the same fondation for over 6 years!!Dont think i used it more than 3 x in the year even . .  shocked wonder if they expire  undecided  then gradually i got into a pharse of Buying collecting cosmetics grin . . different colors Mascara,Eyeshadow ~ Eyeliners ~Blush ~Brozing Powder & a hell of a lot of other make-up thingy . . .

~Am loving this transition period of me actually using them instead of collecting them thu grin
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by iice(f): 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2008
MC, i collect make up too undecided Have tons but i don't wear them lol. It's a compulsion i need to work on undecided It's wonderful you can create art on the face. Everytime i tell myself, i need to start applying makeup so that i can improve, i get lazy embarassed I have this friend who is soo into doing theatrical makeup, it's amazing. Her bag is half full of makeup shocked grin
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by mohawkchic(f): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2008
~Lol Its all good iice . . .am dam sure you look as cool as with or without makeup wink ~Oh wow @ friend with a bag full of makeup grin
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by Caliente(m): 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2008
[size=13pt]Hmmmm, no spot for guys in here. *zooms off*[/size]
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by mohawkchic(f): 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2008
Caliente:

[size=13pt]Hmmmm, no spot for guys in here. *zooms off*[/size]

[size=13pt]~You started the thread,too bad you cant find a spot tongue[/size]
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by Nella(f): 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2008
lol, @Iice, u are always my reflection cheesy lmao

As far as makeup is concerned, I'm completely useless, soo I don't even try.
When worst comes to worst, I can deal with the ordinary eye pencil and powder plus lip gloss

But As for those coloured ones, I can't save my life  to apply those, d first day I tried I remember a masquerade looked better than me, and I had to wash d whole thin off, and embrace my powder and lip gloss. I mean how do u know some blue stuff or pink is going to look good on u?? How do u even know how to place d brush and .  . . ??

If I have a party to attend, I normally ask my friend to come over and help me with d make up, while I help her with combining and choosing what to wear. Now that's the area I can proudly boast of. Fashion!

But make ups?? Maybe in my next life, ---- Gosh, I don't know how people can know how to use those brushes and coloured paints, I wish! I just stare like howdhell??
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by Caliente(m): 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2008
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~You started the thread,too bad you can't find a spot tongue[/size]

[size=13pt]Never envisioned the conspiracy will be like this. Anyway at least I spotted the thread[/size]
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by mohawkchic(f): 2:14am On Aug 16, 2008
~LOL @ Conspiracy tongue grin
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by lullaby(f): 1:55am On Aug 21, 2008
Where do naija women buy makeup in Nigeria? Are there stores that sell foreign brands such as MAC, Nars, Bobbi brown, etc?
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by TheSly: 2:04am On Aug 21, 2008
lullaby:

Where do naija women buy makeup in Nigeria? Are there stores that sell foreign brands such as MAC, Nars, Bobbi brown, etc?
I guess you also believes Nigeria is still made up of jungles? undecided
There are tons of places in Nigeria where they can buy foreign authentic brands of makeups.
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by lullaby(f): 10:55pm On Aug 21, 2008
ok, this was a very very very simple and innocent question, no need to get uppity!!!
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by iice(f): 3:00am On Aug 22, 2008
Nellito, how we go do na grin grin
I always wanted to wear those colored ones, like four different colors of eyeshadow, but i no sabi. So i stick to neutrals which i can do. When i was a child, i used to use the mascara for my eyebrows grin grin i had no idea what a mascara was wink
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by TheSly: 1:54am On Aug 23, 2008
lullaby:

ok, this was a very very very simple and innocent question, no need to get uppity!!!
No Problem Hommie . . . . . . . .Sorry if i sound a tad harsh. wink
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by Caliente(m): 8:23am On Aug 29, 2008
iice:

I always wanted to wear those colored ones, like four different colors of eyeshadow, but i no sabi. So i stick to neutrals which i can do. When i was a child, i used to use the mascara for my eyebrows grin grin i had no idea what a mascara was wink

[size=13pt]Four colours shocked shocked shocked Why not increase it to seven undecided[/size]
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by Nella(f): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2008
iice:

lmao!Mascara for the eyebrows!! grin cheesy grin 
omo, as far as d coloured ones are concerned, me I go continue to dey hail people wein sabi apply am.
So much for my feminism grin

Imagine! , You are not even able to aply common 2 different colours of eyeshadow and u were planing to apply four different colours grin grin u wan scare people to death when u show up in public!??shocked grin lmao

But sha, I better pass u grin atleast I always knew that mascara was to be used on a part of your face that is NOT your EYEBROWS!!! grin grin Chei! u be disgrace oo grin cheesy grin
Re: Everywhere Is Make-up-maniacs Area by mohawkchic(f): 2:19am On Sep 02, 2008
~LMAO iice . . . that was definately your cue you were going to be a tomboy!! grin

(1) (Reply)

Tight Pants And Tight Ties Can Cause Health Problems / Indian Hair Extensions, Indian Remy Hair Extensions By Indianhair.net / Hairdressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.