Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle (60032 Views)

What Are The Advantages Of Buying Used Cars? / Policy Reversal: Used Vehicle Importation Rises By 30% ! / Do Not Buy Any Used Vehicle Without Checking Out The Vin ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:46am On Nov 25, 2013
When it comes to purchasing something important, most buyers wonder how they can get most out of the money invested. This can be seen mainly in the case of buying used vehicles as price is not fixed.

It is seen that when the price, depreciation and insurance are all added up, it is beneficial to buy a used vehicle.
But buying a used vehicle can also be risky. There are many people who have unknowingly bought vehicles that turned out to be lemons and could do nothing about it.

So how do we know what is right for us?
How can we choose the best option for us and how can we test the car?
How much will it cost to ship the car from overseas?
What are the ways of buying the car and import it?

Be sure to refer to this topic with these and all the other questions!

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
Hi guys!

Aren't you interested in buying cars from North America?
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
What about this car??
Don't you like it?

2004 ACURA TSX!! Buy now price is $1700! The vehicle is run&drive!

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Info/2004-acura-tsx-53841277

Do you need any information on how to buy it?

1 Share

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
Dear members!

Share your experience with us!

Ask questions and get answers!

Everything about buying used cars from abroad in this topic!
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 7:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
Isn't it a perfect choice??

2013 run&drive JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE!!

And you can get it with a discount and minimum fees! We'll handle transportation and documentation work for you!

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Info/2013-jeep-grand-cherokee-limited-sport-utility-4-door-53955854

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by martins0: 7:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hello Luchia, kindly state the incidental costs of the Acura inclusive of shipping and clearing.
This will make the thread more interactive and readers/interested customer can ask questions and make comparison
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
martins0: Hello Luchia, kindly state the incidental costs of the Acura inclusive of shipping and clearing.
This will make the thread more interactive and readers/interested customer can ask questions and make comparison

Hi!
My name is Nadine and I also represent the Customer support department of Auction Export.
Thank you for your advice. And here are full charges for the car from our REPOssessed section, including shipping to Lagos port:

2004 ACURA TSX https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/info/2004-ACURA-TSX-53841277

BUY NOW $1700
AUCTION EXPORT FEE $195
PAPERWORK $50
GROUND TRANSPORTATION $425
OCEAN SHIPPING $1375
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
Here are some details you might be interested!!

AUCTION EXPORT USES CONSOLIDATION DURING SHIPPING PROCESS!

Consolidation is when you only have one car to ship but you do not want to pay for the whole 40 feet container. Our shipping company will consolidate your car to several of popular destinations. For example, if your car is consolidated with 2 other cars in a 40 feet container, you are ending up paying only 1/3 from the price of 40 feet container. If there is no consolidation to your port, we can ship a car in 20” dedicated container.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by getgeorgio: 8:27am On Nov 27, 2013
HI EXPORT1,

I AM YOUR CUSTOMER.

WHAT ARRANGEMENT IS AUCTION EXPORT MAKING TO ASSIST THEIR NIGERIAN CUSTOMERS WHOSE VEHICLES ARE AT THE US PORTS AWAITING CUSTOM CLEARANCE & SHIPPING TO ENSURE THAT THE VEHICLES ARRIVES LAGOS BEFORE DECEMBER 31, 2013 IN VIEW OF THE INCREASED DUTY FEES FOR USED CARS EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2014?

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/car-prices-rise-250/
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 8:52am On Nov 27, 2013
getgeorgio: HI EXPORT1,

I AM YOUR CUSTOMER.

WHAT ARRANGEMENT IS AUCTION EXPORT MAKING TO ASSIST THEIR NIGERIAN CUSTOMERS WHOSE VEHICLES ARE AT THE US PORTS AWAITING CUSTOM CLEARANCE & SHIPPING TO ENSURE THAT THE VEHICLES ARRIVES LAGOS BEFORE DECEMBER 31 2013 IN VIEW OF THE INCREASED DUTY FEES FOR USED CARS?

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/car-prices-rise-250/

Hello!

Thank you for your message and information. For sure we are aware of your situation. And our Transportation department is doing its best in order to deliver customer's cars in time. But you need to understand that there are a lot of factors influencing the process.
So we'll be trying hard, so for us to provide you with best services. And we'll be expecting for the result.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2013
We are offering to our clients to get used vehicles from North American auto auctions from any country in the world!!

You can participate in real time bidding right from the comfort of your own home!

Isn't it the best option in order to buy American car at the lowest possible price??

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Do you want to know real condition of the car you're buying??

You can always use Autocheck report in order to know the whole history of the car you like!

With our company you can get it for free on Nairaland, as a special offer for our clients from Nigeria!! And thus you'll be sure whether the car you're interested in has been involved in any accidents.

Get the best services with Auction Export during buying cars online from North America!!!
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hi guys!

How are you today?
Any news about the buying process of used vehicles from abroad for today?

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
Don't you think this is perfect offer to buy??
The car is run&drive, low mileage and the damages are not serious. Buy check the price!!
With such deals it becomes really profitable to buy used salvaged cars and get them repaired after.

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/info/2005-FORD-FOCUS-ZX3-3-Door-Coupe-54003452

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Sermwell(m): 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
Noted! Lemme go and begin to save money!

I will come back in 2016 to read this post!

Thanks!

I hope no one will come here and begin to shout first to comment cuz I will just dust my AK 47 and...

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
The vehicle in d first pix is not run and drive. its salvage title and d rear end is a disaster. table the facts and whoever wants to take the plunge ...

3 Likes

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by imperiouxx(m): 6:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
Export1: What about this car??
Don't you like it?

2004 ACURA TSX!! Buy now price is $1700! The vehicle is run&drive!

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Info/2004-acura-tsx-53841277

Do you need any information on how to buy it?

$1700 wetin? Is that only for the tires + alloy rims? undecided

I heard you guys (auctionexport) and copart only put cars for auction and after the bidding ends, you might (most time) say the auction price isn't met. So you cut off the deal. True or false? . What differentiate you from copart since two of you interchange business?

http://www.topix.com/forum/blogs/TT37O62Q6844PHHCA
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
imperiouxx:

$1700 wetin? Is that only for the tires + alloy rims? undecided

This is the buy now price for the car!!
There will be only fees and shipping cost added in order to get this car to Lagos port.
If you need more details, please provide me with your email address.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by imperiouxx(m): 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
Export1:

This is the buy now price for the car!!
There will be only fees and shipping cost added in order to get this car to Lagos port.
If you need more details, please provide me with your email address.

I've added to my first comment. I've read a lot about copart which is the biggest car auction online.

Sitting in front of computer tracking auction isn't worth it if at last the deal would be cut off.

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by tabisegroup(m): 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
Export1:

Hi!
My name is Nadine and I also represent the Customer support department of Auction Export.
Thank you for your advice. And here are full charges for the car from our REPOssessed section, including shipping to Lagos port:

2004 ACURA TSX https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/info/2004-ACURA-TSX-53841277

BUY NOW $1700
AUCTION EXPORT FEE $195
PAPERWORK $50
GROUND TRANSPORTATION $425
OCEAN SHIPPING $1375
...Hw much Evrytin wil stand at ..in naira Pls
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by concacid: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
Export 1, I need the Acura. What's the total cost of the Cherokee Jeep?
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by blank(f): 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
This Export1, you are very annoying. Why did you not show the back of the car so that we could see the damaged boot. $1,700 my foot. Buy and drive indeed.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by lastpage: 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
blank: This Export1, you are very annoying. Why did you not show the back of the car so that we could see the damaged boot. $1,700 my foot. Buy and drive indeed.

There is a link provided below the post for you to click and browse "full photos" of all angles of the vehicle.

WHY DID YOU NOT CLICK ON THE LINK HE PROVIDED? .... (can we attribute this to mental laziness?)

And does it not occur to you that once the "ENGINE" of a vehicle is sound and working, ..and its got FOUR TIRES, it can actually be "Run and Drive" whether or not the whole backside, up to the rear wheels, is cut-off completely?

I know that quoted price is ridiculous but you need to understand that the seller has taken into consideration how much you (or they themselves) will need to spend to put that car in "perfect condition", back on the road and they might have decided its not worth their time and effort and will just write it off at a small amount (Salvage amount) which is what you are seeing!

If you are expecting to buy a perfect car of that type for $1,700 dollars then you are surely deluded (though you can get some very old 1999-2001 small cars for even less than that price and they have no damage at all, just very high mileage).

Anyway, l just dont think you should criticize and condemn something just because you are ignorant about it.
Also beware of GREED.... its a bad vice! wink wink

Lastpage!

BTW: What you should AVOID COMPLETELY are Vehicles with "front/Engine impact accidents"! EVen if it appears small and the whole bodywork is untouched, the Engine could be completely gone/irreparable and you will end up with a lemon

9 Likes

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Lexusgs430: 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
blank: This Export1, you are very annoying. Why did you not show the back of the car so that we could see the damaged boot. $1,700 my foot. Buy and drive indeed.

@ least he still provided a weblink, he try small !!! I have seen worse forms of deceitful advertising. And what he meant by 'run and drive', buy, run and drive to the nearest panelbeater for extensive cosmetic surgery !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
imperiouxx:

I've added to my first comment. I've read a lot about copart which is the biggest car auction online.

Sitting in front of computer tracking auction doesn't worth it if at last the deal would be cut off.

You're right. There are a lot of sources of buying from North America.
But I can assure you that on our web site you can find such a different price range. And everything will depend on the particular car and its condition.
And sometimes we have really good deals you can get at affordable prices!!
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
tabisegroup: ...Hw much Evrytin wil stand at ..in naira Pls

You can always count it by using currency converter. Which is in free access in the Internet.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
conc_acid: Export 1, I need the Acura. What's the total cost of the Cherokee Jeep?

Here are full charged for Jeep Cherokee from our REPO section:

BUY NOW $13300
AUCTION EXPORT FEE $295
PAPERWORK FEE 50$
GROUND TRANSPORTATION $350
OCEAN SHIPPING $1350
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2013

You're always welcome to check all the available pictures and description by following the link or using Search section of our web site.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
lastpage:

There is a link provided below the post for you to click and browse "full photos" of all angles of the vehicle.

WHY DID YOU NOT CLICK ON THE LINK HE PROVIDED? .... (can we attribute this to mental laziness?)

And does it not occur to you that once the "ENGINE" of a vehicle is sound and working, ..and its got FOUR TIRES, it can actually be "Run and Drive" whether or not the whole backside, up to the rear wheels, is cut-off completely?

I know that quoted price is ridiculous but you need to understand that the seller has taken into consideration how much you (or they themselves) will need to spend to put that car in "perfect condition", back on the road and they might have decided its not worth their time and effort and will just write it off at a small amount (Salvage amount) which is what you are seeing!

If you are expecting to buy a perfect car of that type for $1,700 dollars then you are surely deluded (though you can get some very old 1999-2001 small cars for even less than that price and they have no damage at all, just very high mileage).

Anyway, l just dont think you should criticize and condemn something just because you are ignorant about it.
Also beware of GREED.... its a bad vice! wink wink

Lastpage!

BTW: What you should AVOID COMPLETELY are Vehicles with "front/Engine impact accidents"! EVen if it appears small and the whole bodywork is untouched, the Engine could be completely gone/irreparable and you will end up with a lemon

Thank you for this informative comment. You are absolutely right!
And we understand challenges clients can face while buying cars online.
But we'll be glad to help with all the possible details we can get, so for us to provide buyers with full information.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 7:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
Lexusgs430:

@ least he still provided a weblink, he try small !!! I have seen worse forms of deceitful advertising. And what he meant by 'run and drive', buy, run and drive to the nearest panelbeater for extensive cosmetic surgery !!!!

This description of run&drive car on our web site means the vehicle starts, can be out into gear and move forward.
It's specified by this mark.

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by anitank(f): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
Do u have any info on golf polo
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by anitank(f): 8:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
Lexusgs430:

I see u grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

"Buhari" Plate Number Spotted At Kogi College Of Education / Man From Gombe Constructs A Vehicle With Local Materials / Do You Still Have This 1982 Mercedes Benz. Is It Worth N1m As Vintage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.