Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle (60006 Views)

What Are The Advantages Of Buying Used Cars? / Policy Reversal: Used Vehicle Importation Rises By 30% ! / Do Not Buy Any Used Vehicle Without Checking Out The Vin ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Boss13: 8:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
Can this guy be trusted? Or oyinbo don dey do 419

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by viperman: 8:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
lastpage:

There is a link provided below the post for you to click and browse "full photos" of all angles of the vehicle.

WHY DID YOU NOT CLICK ON THE LINK HE PROVIDED? .... (can we attribute this to mental laziness?)

And does it not occur to you that once the "ENGINE" of a vehicle is sound and working, ..and its got FOUR TIRES, it can actually be "Run and Drive" whether or not the whole backside, up to the rear wheels, is cut-off completely?

I know that quoted price is ridiculous but you need to understand that the seller has taken into consideration how much you (or they themselves) will need to spend to put that car in "perfect condition", back on the road and they might have decided its not worth their time and effort and will just write it off at a small amount (Salvage amount) which is what you are seeing!

If you are expecting to buy a perfect car of that type for $1,700 dollars then you are surely deluded (though you can get some very old 1999-2001 small cars for even less than that price and they have no damage at all, just very high mileage).

Anyway, l just dont think you should criticize and condemn something just because you are ignorant about it.
Also beware of GREED.... its a bad vice! wink wink

Lastpage!

BTW: What you should AVOID COMPLETELY are Vehicles with "front/Engine impact accidents"! EVen if it appears small and the whole bodywork is untouched, the Engine could be completely gone/irreparable and you will end up with a lemon

Actually, you are wrong..but not completely. As long as the front impact doesnt affect the inner engine panels or the frontal MAIN chasis...you stand a better chance with it than a rear impact.
Heavy Rear Impacts are 90% Of the time never fixed properly so you end up having a car tail-swerving on top speed.....sometimes with noise from un-patched holes under-neat.
A frontal-side impact is easier to fix perfectly by replacing the parts e.g doors, fenders, bonnets(hoods), bumpers....even front radiator supports etc with BRAND NEW ONES that will serve the new owner fresh years again.
You've been advised. wink
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
anitank: Do u have any info on golf polo

Here is the link to Search section, where you can check available offers at the moment:

https://www.auctionexport.com/inventory/index
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
Boss13: Can this guy be trusted? Or oyinbo don dey do 419

Kindly, check all the document and licenses, membership and customer reviews in order to get clear idea of our company's reliability:

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Home/AboutUs

https://www.facebook.com/auctionexport
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by stagger: 8:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
Export1: What about this car??
Don't you like it?

2004 ACURA TSX!! Buy now price is $1700! The vehicle is run&drive!

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Info/2004-acura-tsx-53841277

Do you need any information on how to buy it?

Why not show the back view of this car so that people can see how bashed it was in an accident? This is deceptive advertising. SH
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by stagger: 8:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
Don't you like it?

Why not show the back view of this car so that people can see how bashed it was in an accident? This is deceptive advertising. SHOW YOUR PROSPECTS THE WHOLE PACKAGE SO THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE IN FOR!
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
stagger:

Why not show the back view of this car so that people can see how bashed it was in an accident? This is deceptive advertising. SHOW YOUR PROSPECTS THE WHOLE PACKAGE SO THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE IN FOR!

As it's been stated before, you're always welcome to check all the details on car's condition and posted pictures on the web site. I've provided you the link to it.
Everyone should understand that upon that price, even with such a damage, it's still good offer.
And I'm pretty sure it'll be sold the soonest time.
It's always up to you to decide whether you will go for a car or not.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Pesuzok(m): 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
anitank: Do u have any info on golf polo

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Info/2003-volkswagen-golf-gl-54007401

700,000 will get you this 2003 golf to Lagos port. Pls note this cost is without clearing.

Call 08037505032 if interested. I finance 60% of the cost which you will pay once the car arrives Lagos port.

Ciao

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by micfoley: 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hi . I need a 2010 Toyota Rav4limited, 4 cylinders, clean title or minimal damage. Do you have anything like this presently?
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Vivipedia: 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
Bad economy should rather be blamed. Visit: http://www.vivipedia.com
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 10:08pm On Nov 29, 2013
Pesuzok:

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Info/2003-volkswagen-golf-gl-54007401

700,000 will get you this 2003 golf to Lagos port. Pls note this cost is without clearing.

Call 08037505032 if interested. I finance 60% of the cost which you will pay once the car arrives Lagos port.

Ciao

Kindly inform us, what other charges are related to the purchase with your help?
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
mic foley: Hi . I need a 2010 Toyota Rav4limited, 4 cylinders, clean title or minimal damage. Do you have anything like this presently?

Here is the link you can use. Or you can also use any other specification and check the results:

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Search_Results?vtype=vehicles&adv_srch=false&autoID=&vin=&keywords1=&autoyearfrom=2010&autoyearto=2010&automake=TOYOTA&supergroup=RAV4&automodel=&automileagefrom=0&automileageto=9999999
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by warrikid(m): 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
Don't you like it?

I need more info on dis pls. Mail me asap.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 10:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
warrikid:
I need more info on dis pls. Mail me asap.

Can I have your email address? What details do you need exactly?
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Pesuzok(m): 10:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Export1:

Kindly inform us, what other charges are related to the purchase with your help?

All charges are covered, no hidden charge.

Delivery is about 6-7weeks
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Pesuzok(m): 10:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
mic foley: Hi . I need a 2010 Toyota Rav4limited, 4 cylinders, clean title or minimal damage. Do you have anything like this presently?
https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Info/2011-toyota-rav4-limited-utility-4x4-54038185

3.1m to Lagos port. It's still possible to get it cheaper during bidding.

Call 08037505032 for any questions

Ciao

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by moscobabs(m): 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
Export1:

This is the buy now price for the car!!
There will be only fees and shipping cost added in order to get this car to Lagos port.
If you need more details, please provide me with your email address.
I'm intrested sir.my mail box moscobabs8@gmail.com,moscobabs@yahoo.com or tunde.moses@rondatoks.com.expecting ur mail.thanks
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by itunushadare: 11:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
@op-am interested in buying d accura or any other cheap ride. Pls kindly send me a mail. Itunushadare1@yahoo.com. Looking 4ward 2 hearing 4rm u soonest, cheers.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by redsun(m): 11:56pm On Nov 29, 2013
It doesn't matter how durable a vehicle is in nigeria.With the destructive roads it stands no chance.

Nigerian road networks are not conducive for road worthy vehicles,they are for off road vehicles.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by valencia25(m): 12:09am On Nov 30, 2013
Export1: Don't you think this is perfect offer to buy??
The car is run&drive, low mileage and the damages are not serious. Buy check the price!!
With such deals it becomes really profitable to buy used salvaged cars and get them repaired after.

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/info/2005-FORD-FOCUS-ZX3-3-Door-Coupe-54003452

Hello,

i am so interested in this, and i'd appreciate if you can do me a mail on kaydeecr7@gmail.com and let us proceed cos i don't seem to understand your site but i will sign up now tho.

I await your response.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by trollolo: 2:46am On Nov 30, 2013
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Deen4me(m): 3:01am On Nov 30, 2013
You forgot to add these pics

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by concacid: 4:44am On Nov 30, 2013
Oh oh, the Acura is badly damage nah @ import 1.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Lexusgs430: 4:57am On Nov 30, 2013
anitank:
I see u grin grin grin

I see you too o !!!
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by concacid: 5:22am On Nov 30, 2013
@op, this will cost a lot to fix.

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by bigclem22: 6:11am On Nov 30, 2013
Pls I need a 2000 / 2001 toyota camry ASAP, pls give me breakdown of total cost to lagos.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Pesuzok(m): 7:58am On Nov 30, 2013
bigclem22: Pls I need a 2000 / 2001 toyota camry ASAP, pls give me breakdown of total cost to lagos.
750,000 can get you one to Lagos port, excluding customs clearing. It can still be cheaper depending on the mileage on the car you want.

The higher the mileage the cheaper it can be.

Ciao

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Pesuzok(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2013
valencia25:

Hello,

i am so interested in this, and i'd appreciate if you can do me a mail on kaydeecr7@gmail.com and let us proceed cos i don't seem to understand your site but i will sign up now tho.

I await your response.

$2900 will land you that car to Lagos port exclusive of custom clearing.

That is approx. 490,000 naira @169 per dollar
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by HOTARIO(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2013
conc_acid: @op, this will cost a lot to fix.

Fixing this is not a problem. And it appears the most damage is to the trunck and not the lower end. Add up the total landing cost and budget another 150k for fixing and I'm sure you still have a good deal if you compare local prices.

And this in my view is better than buyinh a naija used car which may have been baptised by naija mechanics.

My view.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Pesuzok(m): 8:18am On Nov 30, 2013
itunushadare: @op-am interested in buying d accura or any other cheap ride. Pls kindly send me a mail. Itunushadare1@yahoo.com. Looking 4ward 2 hearing 4rm u soonest, cheers.

650,000 naira will land the car to Lagos port in a consolidated container. This price is exclusive of clearing at Lagos port

Ciao
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Pesuzok(m): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2013
itunushadare: @op-am interested in buying d accura or any other cheap ride. Pls kindly send me a mail. Itunushadare1@yahoo.com. Looking 4ward 2 hearing 4rm u soonest, cheers.

If you need a cheaper ride, 600000 can land you this ride to Lagos

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Info/2003-volkswagen-passat-gls-54032274

Ciao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

"Buhari" Plate Number Spotted At Kogi College Of Education / Man From Gombe Constructs A Vehicle With Local Materials / Do You Still Have This 1982 Mercedes Benz. Is It Worth N1m As Vintage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.