Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! (24544 Views)

Full Specs, Review And Price Of Tecno Phantom A3 (tecno Phantom AIII) In Nigeria / Tecno Phantom A3 Specs / Sneak Peak From The Tecno Phantom A3 Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Youngpo413: 2:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nice
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Jeffy1206(m): 2:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
georgecso: must all android phones be touch screen?.. please recommend any qwerty cotton android phones excluding blackberry
u funny no be small, black berry na android phone before
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
krugar07: me i dey go visit opharnage every 3 months. you how many "poor" u don help??

grin grin
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
AK Money:

You are wrong on this one bro and you might wanna rethink, see few spec of this device below.

6.0" Capacitive HD Touch screen
13MP + 8MP (Rear and Front camera)
3.75G Network capability
Dual Sim Capability
1.5GHz Quad Core Processor
16GB ROM + 1 GB RAM

This is simply gonna be one of the best tab in Nigeria smiley

i don tell alhaji musa, to dey check age range of pipz before him sell weed give them.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by johnsonwax(m): 2:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
winteriscoming: SMH for tecno. They should have just waited till next year. Release with 5.0 Screen, 4.4 Android, 2gb RAM and maybe different versions of ROM: 16GB/32GB and like that they'll start their transition to high end devices

True talk jare dem just dey rush on the same production, am not seeing any different in A1 and A2 with this so called A3....SMH jOº°˚˚˚˚˚°ºOR

3 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by AKMoney1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
nani.666:

clearly you haven't seen tabs

I bet you haven't seen my profile pic too smiley
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
AK Money:

I bet you haven't seen my profile pic too smiley

you need a shave and a lil bleach.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Saib4Jesus: 2:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
Even if you are not a Tecno fan or user you ought to give them kudos, if not for the unusual competitive price strategy they adopted some of those castigating them today would not have been able to afford the likes of Samsung Phones.

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Brymo: 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
nani.666:

clearly you haven't seen tabs
calm down,u dat av seen tabs.
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2013
Launching new phone models is not the problem here. But when will Techno Integrate OTA software updates in their phones?

Techno keeps making new phone models for every OS update they make. i.e If you ever need to update your OS you must buy their latest phones.

Techno is just taking advantage of the Nigeria market, forcing consumers to buy their latest phones.

Anyway Nigerians are not IT savvy but poor man dey suffer sha. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Acidosis(m): 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
rudedough: Launching new phone models is not the problem here. But when will Techno Integrate OTA software updates in their phones?

Techno keeps making new phone models for every OS update they make. i.e If you ever need to update your OS you must buy their latest phones.

Techno is just taking advantage of the Nigeria market, forcing consumers to buy their latest phones.

Bro, from your signature, I don't think you have an opinion here.. or atleast, your opinion doesn't count.

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by buzodyke: 3:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
shocked gud one from tecno dats d phantom of d year I tink shocked
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by matrixme(m): 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
I don't know why Nigerians are always super excited about Tecno products like they are the next best tech products in market. I guess I used to think like that too in my early android days till I got better enlightened. Wake me up when Tecno releases anything in gorrila glass and 16 million colours. Tecno smart indeed!

3 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by physise(m): 3:22pm On Nov 25, 2013
matrixme: I don't know why Nigerians are always super excited about Tecno products like they are the next best tech products in market. I guess I used to think like that too in my early android days till I got better enlightened. Wake me up when Tecno releases anything in gorrila glass and 16 million colours. Tecno smart indeed!
if tecno put gorilla glass u nor knw say deir prices go high?who go buy tecno phone for 50-60k?
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by godwinony(m): 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
Kelyto: make i see anoda idiot wey go yab tecno fone now.....after una don waste 100000 to buy s4 and bb q10,u come see tecno wey get d same specs wit come dey talk rubbish.....!!!instead of using the money to help d poor around u,u wan come brag to tell say u dey use bb and iphone.....instead of hailin a company dat has made tins easier for average nigerians,u come dey yarn rubbish....no make my vex reach u ooo......team tecno for lyyyyf!!!
Eh bros..i dey use A+ but not for life o..if you touch my sister S4, you go know say phone pass phone.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by chenu(m): 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
AK Money:

You are wrong on this one bro and you might wanna rethink, see few spec of this device below.

6.0" Capacitive HD Touch screen
13MP + 8MP (Rear and Front camera)
3.75G Network capability
Dual Sim Capability
1.5GHz Quad Core Processor
16GB ROM + 1 GB RAM

This is simply gonna be one of the best tab in Nigeria smiley
for were go check gionee e7

2 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
Kelyto: make i see anoda idiot wey go yab tecno fone now.....after una don waste 100000 to buy s4 and bb q10,u come see tecno wey get d same specs wit come dey talk rubbish.....!!!instead of using the money to help d poor around u,u wan come brag to tell say u dey use bb and iphone.....instead of hailin a company dat has made tins easier for average nigerians,u come dey yarn rubbish....no make my vex reach u ooo......team tecno for lyyyyf!!!

[b]Ok I'm suppose to do this in English but F@$k that, I sabi speak broken well well.

Make we first use one small example so that you go understand say Techno phones na waste of money cos it go dey useless within a year or 2 at most.

It get wetin dem dey call OTA Software updates - Over-The-Air software update. That thing be like say if phones like BlackBerry, iPhone, Samsung get new OS update eh, automatically you go get am for your phone to download sharp sharp. That OTA update thing no dey Techno.

You know say BBM don dey Techno now sha. And right now BBM dey use OS 10.2 and you know say them dey upgrade that thing anyhow like 10 times in a year self.

Make we assume say you too like BBM. Now Techno don do new phone wey fit power BBM OS 10.2 and you rush go buy am. Just imagine say BBM come upgrade from 10.2 to 10.3. Na him be say your Techno don useless, BBM no go fit work for your phone again. So you must buy new Techno to fit enjoy BBM again.

Now imagine say you come go buy new Techno again and before you know BBM don upgrade from 10.3 to 10.4, that new one now don useless again grin. Na so u go dey buy new Techno oo, before you know it you don buy plenty Techno wey fit buy 3 Samsung within 1 year.

So you see, them just dey force people to buy their new phone just because say you wan update your OS oo. As I dey talk to you so, some people no fit use BBM For their Techno, now them go run go buy this new one and before you know it, it go useless again.

So my advice be say, forget the cheap thing. Kuku save when your money reach buy small Android, iOS or BlackBerry wey get OTA.

Wow.. Men I no know say broken hard to write pass English oo grin grin
[/b]

7 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by kentochi(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
how much is this
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by niggi4life(m): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
rudedough:

[b]Ok I'm suppose to do this in English but F@$k that, I sabi speak broken well well.

Make we first use one small example so that you go understand say Techno phones na waste of money cos it go dey useless within a year or 2 at most.

It get wetin dem dey call OTA Software updates - Over-The-Air software update. That thing be like say if phones like BlackBerry, iPhone, Samsung get new OS update eh, automatically you go get am for your phone to download sharp sharp. That OTA update thing no dey Techno.

You know say BBM don dey Techno now sha. And right now BBM dey use OS 10.2 and you know say them dey upgrade that thing anyhow like 10 times in a year self.

Make we assume say you too like BBM. Now Techno don do new phone wey fit power BBM OS 10.2 and you rush go buy am. Just imagine say BBM come upgrade from 10.2 to 10.3. Na him be say your Techno don useless, BBM no go fit work for your phone again. So you must buy new Techno to fit enjoy BBM again.

Now imagine say you come go buy new Techno again and before you know BBM don upgrade from 10.3 to 10.4, that new one now don useless again grin. Na so u go dey buy new Techno oo, before you know it you don buy plenty Techno wey fit buy 3 Samsung within 1 year.

So you see, them just dey force people to buy their new phone just because say you wan update your OS oo. As I dey talk to you so, some people no fit use BBM For their Techno, now them go run go buy this new one and before you know it, it go useless again.

So my advice be say, forget the cheap thing. Kuku safe when your money reach buy small Android, iOS or BlackBerry wey get OTA.

Wow.. Men broken hard to write pass English oo grin grin
[/b]
OTA upgrade has nothing to do with your apps on android, i upgrade all my apps regularly via wifi at the office

4 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by alabo1: 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
How is IGb on a phablet terribly low. Like there are 3GB and 4GB phones/phablets? only the flagships of even the market leaders have 2GB. Heck even the Galaxy mega with shipped with 1.5GB. From experience an extra ram capacity does not always translate to faster performance.I have an LG Optimus VU2 with 2GB RAM and I have compared it with my Tecno Phantom N9 with 1GB and there is no difference in app opening/loading etc. The LG just has a better feel due to its UI and sharper screen but in terms of speed they are on a par. Until we have 3GB and above specs 1GB cannot be called too low.

thanks

ideepaul: I'm a tecno A+ owner, Bt I hate d way these guys are churning out those plastic-dubed phones, I gig ram on a phablet iz terribly low,camera flash is always a problem.... they won't sit to listen 2 costumer reviews before producing the first error.... # teamimprovementorwemigrate[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by alabo1: 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
niggi4life: OTA upgrade has nothing to do with your apps on android, i upgrade all my apps regularly via wifi at the office

Thanks for clarifying the simpleton. OTA upgrade and app android are two different things. BBM app THAT "Proff" was taking about for example works on android 4.0 and above so even if BBM upgrades the app it will still work on devices with 4.o and above. u will just need to upgrade to the new version.

Thanks
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
niggi4life: OTA upgrade has nothing to do with your apps on android, i upgrade all my apps regularly via wifi at the office

dude it does... their are som apps mearnt for android 4.3 tht cant run on android 4.1 and downwards ..... u need ota..

2 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by nani667: 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
alabo1: How is IGb on a phablet terribly low. Like there are 3GB and 4GB phones/phablets? only the flagships of even the market leaders have 2GB. Heck even the Galaxy mega with shipped with 1.5GB. From experience an extra ram capacity does not always translate to faster performance.I have an LG Optimus VU2 with 2GB RAM and I have compared it with my Tecno Phantom N9 with 1GB and there is no difference in app opening/loading etc. The LG just has a better feel due to its UI and sharper screen but in terms of speed they are on a par. Until we have 3GB and above specs 1GB cannot be called too low.

thanks

err...in case you haven't heard.... the Samsung Galaxy note 3 has 3GB RAM.... so yes....in this day and age...1GB RAM..especially on a company's flagship device...is just depressing

2 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2013

Don't be too quick to jump into something you're now so sure of. But i'll leave you with some question.

Can BBM on BlackBerry 10.2 OS run on BlackBerry 7 OS?

Can BBM available on Android run on any Android OS lower than 4.0?

If there were no OTA services for Android users, how would Android users get their phone OS updated to 4.0 to run BBM? Buy a new Android right?

Is it not the same with Techno that doesn't have OTA services?

And BTW you need Wi-Fi to use OTA services too.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
alabo1:

Thanks for clarifying the simpleton. OTA upgrade and app android are two different things. BBM app THAT "Proff" was taking about for example works on android 4.0 and above so even if BBM upgrades the app it will still work on devices with 4.o and above. u will just need to upgrade to the new version.

Thanks

I hate it when people call me names. Can't you send your point across without the insults?

Do you know what OTA means? Is OTA restricted to OS updates alone?

Do you get software / application updates on your phone? Is that not OTASP? Does Techno have that service?

If BBM can only work on Android 4.0, what about 3.0?

What would happen if BBM Upgrades to 10.3 and can only run on Android 4.2. Where does that leave Techno? A new phone option right.

I demand an immediate apology that is to be published both here on Nairaland and in 2 major National dailies. Failure of which will result in a Law suit filed against you for defamation of Character.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by mrdrizzy(m): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
rudedough: Launching new phone models is not the problem here. But when will Techno Integrate OTA software updates in their phones?

why una dey carry this ota for head..like sey all ota updates dey come!.. E3 came with update and and its in chinese(totally useless to non asians),micro max canvass has also anoda india inscription!..u keep spewing out ota like sey na food,when last u see ota for s3 s4 htc one and xiaomi(even though there will be in future)..lets bone dis talks.if a fone is made well.u cnt neccesarily need ota(except os upgrades) for anything!..haba oppo find 5 and xiaomi mi2a havnt gotten any update yet too.nawa
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
mr.drizzy:
why una dey carry this ota for head..like sey all ota updates dey come!.. E3 came with update and and its in chinese(totally useless to non asians),micro max canvass has also anoda india inscription!..u keep spewing out ota like sey na food,when last u see ota for s3 s4 htc one and xiaomi(even though there will be in future)..lets bone dis talks.if a fone is made well.u cnt neccesarily need ota(except os upgrades) for anything!..haba oppo find 5 and xiaomi mi2a havnt gotten any update yet too.nawa

IN OTHER WORDS , YOU ARE SAYING, EVEN THE CUSTOM ROMS ARENT NEEDED?? any cell smartphone without OTA is a waste of human resources.. angry

WHEN DUMEBIS TALK THO.. grin grin..

6 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by physise(m): 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
deejay_harry1:

IN OTHER WORDS , YOU ARE SAYING, EVEN THE CUSTOM ROMS ARENT NEEDED?? any cell smartphone without OTA is a waste of human resources.. angry

WHEN DUMEBIS TALK THO.. grin grin..
grincheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
Mtchew rocking my "Sony experia ZR" no time for nonsense
Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by lekkie073(m): 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
rudedough:

Ok I'm suppose to do this in English but F@$k that, I sabi speak broken well well.

Make we assume say you too like BBM. Now Techno don do new phone wey fit power BBM OS 10.2 and you rush go buy am. Just imagine say BBM come upgrade from 10.2 to 10.3. Na him be say your Techno don useless, BBM no go fit work for your phone again. So you must buy new Techno to fit enjoy BBM again grin grin
who r u decieving? cool

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by slinkman(m): 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Tecno To Launch Phantom A3 Today! by mrdrizzy(m): 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Many Of Us Are Still Active On Bbm? / A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 / What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.