Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,101 members, 7,807,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

"I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji (3166 Views)

Wizkid's Babymama Binta Diallo Gushes About Being Pregnant With His Baby / Nollywood Actress Ayo Mogaji Spotted In Mini Dress – Is This Fashion?? / Ayo Mogaji's Recent Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by TinyToes: 10:39am On Nov 25, 2013
Binta Ayo Mogaji is one of the few actresses who need no introduction in Nigeria’s movie industry. The actress who is fondly referred to as Igbanladogi,a name she got from her role in Late Toba Opaleye’s chart busting film titled ‘IGBALADOGI’ years back, in this interview speaks about her career and other sundry issues.

What have you been up to lately?
My acting is still moving on. I am still the same old Ayo Mogaji. I am still working and not yet tired. After my movie “Jombo” in 2006, I have not produced any other movie. I have stopped producing because the market is not encouraging, so I am just a working actress. If you can pay for my job, I work with you. I just returned back to the country. I am moving in and out of Nigeria by virtue of marriage. My husband is British and it seems like everyone knows about that. He’s Dr. Ayodele Oduleye, a psychotherapist and British by birth. He lives there. I just came back from USA where I went to anchor a show.

You went off the scene at a time, why?
There was never a time I went off the scene. The only issue was I decided to limit some of my activities, because I can’t get lesser pay or do anything substandard. This is the only career I have got so if you are under paying me or not being reasonable with your offer, I move out of your job. I didn’t go anywhere; I was still in the country, I was still working. As we are talking right now, this year they have released several such as “Igba’bajo,” “Towotomo,” “Moberu,” Arinzo 1&2. Just at the tail end of last year, they released “Moberu.” While I was in the US, they released a couple of movies like “Mama Insurance.” So there has never been one time I rested on my oars. I also featured in soap operas like “Tarima.” I also used to do “Nowhere to be Found.” What I’m saying is that even when I am not in the country, you see me on your TV screen every now and then.

Read the rest of the interview here: http://trendysturvs..com/2013/11/i-hate-being-called-yoruba-actress.html

Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by KenJak(m): 10:44am On Nov 25, 2013
Okay
Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by Airforce1(m): 10:47am On Nov 25, 2013
As if no be so so yoruba she sabi speak on tv
Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by homesteady(m): 11:03am On Nov 25, 2013
I've never seen her in any english movie!
Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by Dannylux: 11:33am On Nov 25, 2013
Lmao, she wants to be called Nollywood actress grin

Just like calling a mechanic an engineer tongue

2 Likes

Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by nerodenero: 11:56am On Nov 25, 2013
Dannylux: Lmao, she wants to be called Nollywood actress grin

Just like calling a mechanic an engineer tongue
Why rush to pass comment without reading through? I took the pain to read through and I guess the submission below answers your question.
TinyToes: How do you feel when you are addressed as a Yoruba actress?
I will never accept such because I am an actress not a Yoruba actress. If you call yourself an actress, you should be able to interpret any role being given to you in as much as you understand the language. I will use the word Nollywood actress for me rather than being referred to as a Yoruba actress, because I do act both in the English and Yoruba industry. So, I feel so sad when you say Ayo Mogaji is a Yoruba actress.
Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by nerodenero: 11:58am On Nov 25, 2013
Airforce1: As if no be so so yoruba she sabi speak on tv
She acted in Village Headmaster with Late Justus Esiri and Kabiyesi (Dejumo Lewis). The last time I checked, Village Headmaster wasn't a yoruba soap opera. Did you even watch Village Headmaster?

1 Like

Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by ichommy(m): 12:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
She should Join Hollywoood
Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by IAMBREEZY: 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
good
Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by njuwo(m): 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
Why e be say all dis naija celebs na only i just return from abroad dem dey talk wen u dey interview dem.
Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by Dannylux: 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
nerodenero: She acted in Village Headmaster with Late Justus Esiri and Kabiyesi (Dejumo Lewis). The last time I checked, Village Headmaster wasn't a yoruba soap opera. Did you even watch Village Headmaster?

Are you related to this woman?
Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by Olajumokeibk(f): 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
nerodenero: She acted in Village Headmaster with Late Justus Esiri and Kabiyesi (Dejumo Lewis). The last time I checked, Village Headmaster wasn't a yoruba soap opera. Did you even watch Village Headmaster?

Leave him be yarning balls thr..
Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by nerodenero: 1:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
Dannylux: Are you related to this woman?
Nope
Olajumokeibk: Leave him be yarning balls thr..
I only stated the obvious.
Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by Miner13: 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
But she love to be binta ayo mogaji
let her change the name 1st
Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by Miner13: 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
But she love to be called and addressed as binta ayo mogaji
let her change the name 1st
Re: "I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Nollywood Actress, Binta Ayo Mogaji by realsuigeneris: 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
Meaning she's not proud being a Yoruba...na wao! But na only yoruba u sabi speak nah!

(1) (Reply)

Pics:bravo's Bleona Qereti Rocks A Unclad Dress Like Rihanna To The 2014 Amas. / The Body On Ghanaian Actress, Moesha Boduong EH.. Putting It All Out There... / Nollywood Actress Rosaline Meurer Storms Abuja For Advert And Media Tour( Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.