Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? (20335 Views)

4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria / OLX Nigeria And So Much Scamming / What Resources Apart From Oil Contributes To 40% Of Our GDP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Ramanto(m): 10:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
[quote
author=gbishop]well i applied for a job advert on olx and i was called
for interview. i dont know your own experience but its not a
scam[/quote]
were u later given the job?
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by xtripple: 10:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
What I want is how possible for me to sale my items to everybody in all location in olx. But I believe this can work if I send the item to my friend,relations, etc to the buyer location to check and buy b4 payment. But I believe that the buyer most have agree to term and condition like pay for transport after purchased. I deal on laptops computers. U can check my ads- location onitsha. Name chuks
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Ramanto(m): 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
Are the OLX prices any cheaper?why not just go get ur things from an authorised seller whom u can have a one-on-one rapport with?i dunt gamble wt my hard earned money
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Fiona89: 12:08am On Nov 26, 2013
gbishop: well i applied for a job advert on olx and i was called for interview. i dont know your own experience but its not a scam

what job is that?
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by NEROSKY(m): 1:33am On Nov 26, 2013
this guy is an agent of jumia/konga... i sold my Xperia U & M tru OLX... What's he saying

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1421095_526885_571547312880429_431174793_n_jpg57405f20a48f0e589b0aa3bd90b59bf1
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Gospell(m): 4:57am On Nov 26, 2013
Depends on what u want 2 buy sha,4me good 4 hand,money 4 hand.....i wil pay cash after i have certified d product,no bank transactions.
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Mstrsheikh: 7:12am On Nov 26, 2013
koretlinkz:

What a CHEAP way to advertise a product and blackmail another... Please bro you don't have a POINT. And please how much have Jumia n Konga PAID you

Am an oil cartel, without links to any of the aforementioned, I have never even use them before
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by barman: 7:14am On Nov 26, 2013
danderson: Am currently negotiating a Toyota Prado and the owner claims he is a custom officer but when i asked him the name of the current comptroller of custom, he seems to delay that signal is poor. I need advise.

I bought my Jeep from OLX pls don't pay any money to anyone until u see d vehicle document and receipt written in your name before u pay him. OLX is good online site better than others
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by profedet: 8:52am On Nov 26, 2013
My one penny advice,

Anyone who tells you to make an initial deposit as payment for logistics and all before an online transaction a person you do not know is obviously a scammer. Take the person's full name and account details, to the police or EFCC, they can get all about the person's address and location from the bank, and use same to track him or (them) down. Let us us rid Nigeria off scammers.
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Daresh(f): 9:22am On Nov 26, 2013
danderson: Am currently negotiating a Toyota Prado and the owner claims he is a custom officer but when i asked him the name of the current comptroller of custom, he seems to delay that signal is poor. I need advise.

Its a scam. Thy tried to scam me too. Run !
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Daresh(f): 9:32am On Nov 26, 2013
I bought my car from OLX.com. The guy even lives close to my house set, he let me test drive, gave me all the car docents and I haven't even paid him his money in full yet. I made a new friend.
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Mstrsheikh: 11:05am On Nov 26, 2013
koretlinkz:

What a CHEAP way to advertise a product and blackmail another... Please bro you don't have a POINT. And please how much have Jumia n Konga PAID you

I have never used any of those before, so no affiliations or soliciting whatsoever, I am just speaking Objectively and to make Nigerians more aware
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Mstrsheikh: 11:12am On Nov 26, 2013
Olugbenger: I don't see valid reasons to label any online advertising site false or a scam, especially free ones like OLX.
And why is this even on frontpage?
Seun pls remember you too run ads on nairaland, so stop spoiling another man's business.
We should be discussing silly people, falling for cheap scams!

I believe you just glanced through this topic. We are not saying OLX is bad or spoiling anyones business. OLX is a great platform for online business transaction, but due to the position our society as taken, such media for business has been flawed and just to make people aware of this. Of what use is discussing the predicaments of people to you? Anyone could fall for a scam, its just hitting on the right button where someone is in need. So pls lets get our selves clear
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by mr9ceguy3413: 3:39pm On Nov 26, 2013

D guy gats ask I'm oga @ d top sef nw!...lol
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by chronique(m): 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
Well,I do not know much about olx but I've just started using them. I sold my first car on olx,to a mobile policeman and I drove the car down to the mobile police headquaters on keffi street,ikoyi. I've also sold(partly),a sienna to someone via olx. He works in v.I and lives @ ajah. I'm taking the car to him tomorrow to collect my balance. There are genuine people on olx and if you ask me,I think I prefer olx to nairaland(when it comes to selling cars online).

All you need to do is to be careful. The buyer for sienna came from ajah on saturday,inspected with his mechanic and made a deposit.

Don't run other sites down;even nairaland has scammers.
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by eragon: 3:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
Olx is most definitely not a scam. I have sold a few items(android tabs & smart phones) on the site to people in various states from my current base here in Lagos. Yes there are some scammers but all of my dealings so far have resulted in a satisfied buyer/seller. Please don't defame someone's business because you want to advertise overpriced online stores like konga and jumia.
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
purplecircle: Every site has scammer, you cant compare OXL with Konga or Jumia, does ones are online stores selling themselves, OLX is in the league of Ebay and the league of Tradestable in Nigeria which allows for different seller and buyers to meet, in all one just has to be careful.scammers are everywhere.
I bow o, even our own nairaland get scammers too.
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by shaiguy(m): 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
A nice classified you can list your items for sale on. It's free

Buy and sell just about anything; used, new, anything on these sites.

We are a 100% no scam policy, we delete and ban scammers almost immediately. Buy and sell with peace of mind.

http://ebuyer.com.ng/

http://googletrader.com.ng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qzk17LlUaPs

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by franzis(m): 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
How will you pay into someones account for what you haven't seen or see cheap offers like blackberry bold 5 for sale @ #10,000 and still go ahead to buy...common sense is not always common sha... Meet the seller one on one in a public place or eatery so you check out what u r buying before paying .. And biggest advice avoid ads especially electronics gadgets like laptops,phones from these two locations apapa and badagry .. If the seller is in another state..try getting someone in that same state to help you checkout the stuff
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by spiralwedge(m): 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
olx works for me
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by bbee(m): 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
I have just been invited for a job interview at PHC by Deluxe Oil Company Ltd. I applied through olx. Can someone tell me if it's real?
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by omokehyndey: 1:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
Pls, how sure is dis guy called Anonymous on olx as a phone seller
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Tradesrunner(m): 1:50pm On Mar 02, 2015
Scammers are having a field day at olx. That does not make there platform usless.
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Obadafidy(m): 2:05pm On Mar 02, 2015
I dont know maybe the topic here was different from this I am seeing. This guy did not say OLX is a scam, he said probably 40% of Ads posted on it are scam that buyers should beware which is absolutely correct. Why do you think OLX added some warnings to their Platform like *Meet in Public * Dont pay into account when you have not seen the goods physically and so on? It's because of this menace I am an active user of OLX and I know what is obtainable NEVERTHELESS Pure business happens on OLX! in fact I just sold my TV on it recently when I feel like changing it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Become Dstv Dealer,Distributor And Installer- By Fellow Nairalander! / No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN / 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.