Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:31 PM

UNBELIEVEABLE: Angola Reportedly Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / UNBELIEVEABLE: Angola Reportedly Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques (536 Views)

Did You Know Japan Bans Islam And ALL Muslims? / Mob Destroys South Africa Snake Pastor's Church, Set It On Fire (photos) / Prayers That Break Curses And Destroys Ancestral Spirits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNBELIEVEABLE: Angola Reportedly Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques by omoharry(f): 12:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
According to several newspapers, the tiny African country of Angola has become the first country in the world to ban Islam and Muslims.

The Angolan Minister of Culture, Rosa Cruz e Silva was quoted by news agencies and Angola newspapers as saying, “The process of legalisation of Islam has not been approved by the Ministry of Justice and Human rights, their mosques would be closed until further notice.”

As part of the ban, the Angolan government ordered the demolition of the mosques in the country.

According to Silva, the decision was the latest in a series of efforts to ban “illegal” religious sects in the country. Silva’s statement was made during her appearance last week at the 6th Commission of the National Assembly.

According to the minister, the move was necessitated in order to fight the emergence of congregations whose worshipping is contradictory to the customs of Angola culture.

Not just Islam, many other faits which have not been legalised will face closure of their houses of worship.

Silva further said, “All sects on the list published by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights in the Angolan newspaper ‘Jornal de Angola’ are prohibited to conduct worship, so they should keep their doors closed,” she was quoted by Cameroon Voice?.

“In addition, we also have a long list of more than a thousand legalization applications,” she added.

Speaking about it, Angolan President Jose Eduardo dos Santos said, “This is the final end of Islamic influence in our country.”
Re: UNBELIEVEABLE: Angola Reportedly Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
Angola... They've started a trend. And it could snowball into something nasty and far reaching. Despite islams infamous problem of extremism,i believe in tolerance. Demolishing mosques and stuff like that will create a backlash.. Just watch out
Re: UNBELIEVEABLE: Angola Reportedly Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques by Godmother(f): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
About time too! These people can be extremists! I wonder what jona is waiting for. He has seen the solution to curbing those boko boys. Abeg he should ban islam fast and raze down all the mosques. ( Na joke I dey o. Before the extremists come n throw bomb on me)
Re: UNBELIEVEABLE: Angola Reportedly Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques by torchwave: 8:23am On Jul 03, 2014
Islamic terror, Islamic violence, Islamic extremism and bloodshed necessitate the ultimate solution of Islamic ban and destruction. I am not in favour of restricting people's fundamental right to religion, however, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Though it is a step in curbing the excesses of Islam, I wonder if it will work. I wonder if it will make things better...or worse.

Only time can tell.

(1) (Reply)

Islam Banned In Angola!!! / Thread For Deliverance Witnesses / 55 People Arrested For Taking Alcohol During Ramadan In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.