Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,145 members, 7,807,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills (2480 Views)

Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle / Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria. / Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
Help! I Want to Improve My Driving Skills -
I've already graduated from drivers school I've even acquired my drivers license is just my new job that won't allow me to have access to veichle but I will like to hookup with anybody living around lagos that can be taking me out every weekend with his or her own car, I wouldn't mind even if its going to attract some extra pay!
Thanks
Let hear from you.
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by sultaan(m): 11:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ola def2: Help! I Want to Improve My Driving Skills -
I've already graduated from drivers school I've even acquired my drivers license is just my new job that won't allow me to have access to veichle but I will like to hookup with anybody living around lagos that can be taking me out every weekend with his or her own car, I wouldn't mind even if its going to attract some extra pay!
Thanks
Let hear from you.

If you really graduated from driving school you won't be posting this.

By the way did they just show you how to move on the road.

The best thing is to stay withinn speed limit and be aware of all other cars everything else will come naturally

1 Like

Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:22am On Nov 26, 2013
Ola def2: Help! I Want to Improve My Driving Skills -
Thanks
Let hear from you.

i dont know how things work in nigeria but matters is being tested and pass the relevent government authourity to say you are now a full licenced to drive a car

as far a i know you dont graudate from a driving school but they teach how to drive, when you are confident and your instructor is confident with you then your book your driving test where you get passed or failed by the government authority

unless if you are saying you just passed getting your learners licence, like back home in zimbabwe you sit for a theory test to have the leaners licence whereas here you UK you just apply for leaners licence and you get the leaners licence and start learning to drive but to get a full licence you sit for a theory test without that test you can not book a practical, if you pass the practical test then you are full licence holder

i assume that you a leaner driver trying to gain confidence and experience
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 26, 2013
sultaan:

If you really graduated from driving school you won't be posting this.

By the way did they just show you how to move on the road.

The best thing is to stay withinn speed limit and be aware of all other cars everything else will come naturally
I don't get ur point cuz graduating from driving school doesn't rili make you a perfect road user most especially some major road here in lagos.
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by Nobody: 5:36am On Nov 26, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

i dont know how things work in nigeria but matters is being tested and pass the relevent government authourity to say you are now a full licenced to drive a car

as far a i know you dont graudate from a driving school but they teach how to drive, when you are confident and your instructor is confident with you then your book your driving test where you get passed or failed by the government authority

unless if you are saying you just passed getting your learners licence, like back home in zimbabwe you sit for a theory test to have the leaners licence whereas here you UK you just apply for leaners licence and you get the leaners licence and start learning to drive but to get a full licence you sit for a theory test without that test you can not book a practical, if you pass the practical test then you are full licence holder

i assume that you a leaner driver trying to gain confidence and experience
don't try to ridicule me, ur post shows u're not even a Nigerian so you are far from understanding what I mean , pls back off! smiley , I need some kind of positive comment from my brothers in lagos and those that have en route V I, ikoyi, lekki, aja very well ' , did I mention zimbabwe
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 26, 2013
Chikena
Ola def2: I don't get ur point cuz graduating from driving school doesn't rili make you a perfect road user most especially some major road here in lagos.

Ola def2: don't try to ridicule me, ur post shows u're not even a Nigerian so you are far from understanding what I mean , pls back off! smiley , I need some kind of positive comment from my brothers in lagos and those that have en route V I, ikoyi, lekki, aja very well ' , did I mention zimbabwe

You have the guts to bark rudely when you ask for help. Are you also trying to prove you are right when u and I know you are way too wrong.

I put it to you. That you didn't go to a driving school because you want to really learn how to drive, you went to a driving school prolly because you want a quick way to get a licence or something else. Nobody goes to a reputable driving school and comes out screaming what you are screaming except that driving school is a sham, you skipped lessons or even cut corners.

My point is stop fooling yourself and go to a proper driving school, follow all the right procedures.
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by Ikenna351(m): 9:00am On Nov 26, 2013
Ola def2: don't try to ridicule me, ur post shows u're not even a Nigerian so you are far from understanding what I mean , pls back off! smiley , I need some kind of positive comment from my brothers in lagos and those that have en route V I, ikoyi, lekki, aja very well ' , did I mention zimbabwe

Tribalism or Racism is not tolerated in Car Talk. Next time you make such statement of yours above in Car Talk, you will get what you asked for.

Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by DisGuy: 12:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
after passing your driving test you still need some guidance and perhaps a driving mate
if you feel the lessons you had arent sufficient or not confident enough going out on your own

perhaps you can ask for more lessons/practice from the driving school you went to previously so you improve your skills.
Ask him/her you will like to try highway driving one weekend, night driving another weekend, and driving in the rain if it can be arranged
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2013

please dont read between the lines

read the whole post and you will understand what i have said

i talked of two systems that i know, all you needed was to explain how your system works in nigeria
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by sultaan(m): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

i talked of two systems that i know, all you needed was to explain how your system works in nigeria

Yeah the "graduate" word is a little to strong, he just went through driving school, but in a place where people graduate from Sunday School we'll let this one fly.

I don't know why a driving school will not get you through obtaining your license that should be your final exam!

Now if you did everything and have your license, you are good to go. All you need now is experience which comes over time not miles you want to drive like fast and furious that is a different driving course
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
sultaan:

Yeah the "graduate" word is a little to strong, he just went through driving school, but in a place where people graduate from Sunday School we'll let this one fly.

I don't know why a driving school will not get you through obtaining your license that should be your final exam!

Now if you did everything and have your license, you are good to go. All you need now is experience which comes over time not miles you want to drive like fast and furious that is a different driving course

so he is trying to say he got a leaners licence and wants to practise more to gain confident and experience for the practical driving test ?
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by DisGuy: 5:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
^^ no practical driving test in nigeria- just get a tutor,get a note from him/her and apply for a licence, or just get a car and drive cheesy

there's only one licence category- no learner permit or anything like that-

https://www.nairaland.com/1136736/how-did-learn-drive
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
Dis Guy: ^^ no practical driving test in nigeria- just get a tutor,get a note from him/her and apply for a licence, or just get a car and drive cheesy

there's only one licence category- no learner permit or anything like that-

https://www.nairaland.com/1136736/how-did-learn-drive

am i missing something here ?

when you say apply in your terms what do you mean

in my terms it means two things based on two counntries in zimbabwe you sit for a theory test to pass and your are given a leaners licence with that you are allowed to drive supervised by someone who has a licence already, with that leaners licence your got two options, go to a driving school or be taught by friends relative etc, whenever you are ready then go for a practical test drive, you book with relevent government authority then you go for test with government offical s/he marks your driving based on instructions given during the driving, if you pass thats when your get your licence the leaners licence is valid for a certain period unfortunately i have forgot the periods

here in UK you 1st apply for the leaners licence, from there, just like zimbabwe you are allowed to drive supervised a by someone who has a full licence already but who had the licence for 3 years and more, you must pass the theory test 1st for you to be able to book the practical test (the theory test is valid for 2 years if two years passes without you passing the practical test you have to sit for the theory again to be able to take a practical road test) practical test is booked with the relevent government authority, takes your for test drive if you pass you become full licenced driver
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
Dis Guy: after passing your driving test you still need some guidance and perhaps a driving mate
if you feel the lessons you had arent sufficient or not confident enough going out on your own

perhaps you can ask for more lessons/practice from the driving school you went to previously so you improve your skills.
Ask him/her you will like to try highway driving one weekend, night driving another weekend, and driving in the rain if it can be arranged
yes ' thanks much' I'm so happy that you understand what I'm trying to say.... But I decide to go on public cus the driving school I graduated from will not be able to show me how to use some major road due to their busy schedule and lot of class the will have to attend to' those road we use back then in training is limited like some estates and not too busy express like that... I just wanna be a professional driver and I don't have a car yet which I'm planing to get mine next year but before then I just wanna know more road, I wanna know how to drive in some heavy traffic and so on like that....
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
lomomike: Chikena

You have the guts to bark rudely when you ask for help. Are you also trying to prove you are right when u and I know you are way too wrong.

I put it to you. That you didn't go to a driving school because you want to really learn how to drive, you went to a driving school prolly because you want a quick way to get a licence or something else. Nobody goes to a reputable driving school and comes out screaming what you are screaming except that driving school is a sham, you skipped lessons or even cut corners.

My point is stop fooling yourself and go to a proper driving school, follow all the right procedures.
. Arrrg!
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

ok but most of ur point up there make me only try to figure out, do u rili understand my post?.. To me it just as if u only try to ridicule me by asking if ever pass tru driving skul cuz I can't stop wondering how I'm going to prove that to u.
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by DisGuy: 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
@ Zim

previously in nigeria to get a licence, you pop into the VIO/FRSC office pay about £20, hand over your passport photograph Voila you can drive to the moon and back if you want cheesy

Now, you pop in payabout £50 have your picture taken, answer some basic questions-road signs mainly, get some eye test i think, you will be given a paper/receipt you can use until the card is ready in 3-10months cheesy
Re: Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2013
Not any positive response all this while ? embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With Fixing My Clutch / Nissan Xtrail 2.5 XL Does Not Start / Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.