Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,373 members, 7,781,046 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:01 AM

Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! (9832 Views)

Toyota Rav4 2001-2003 Ecm/ecu And Transmission Failure With Solutions / ECU Stolen / Toyota Rav4 2001 - 2003 Auto Transmission /ECU Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by pek(m): 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2013
this article is meant to demystify the myth about brainbox and show the right way to get or buy a new one.
As a car owner, the worst headache you may face in regards to your car is getting a replacement ECU. What exactly is a brainbox? picture ECU as a brain (little wonder it is called a brainbox). When it is faulty, obviously the car will misbehave. This misbehaviour can be minor or very major.You then, have to get another one. That is where the problems may start.Every brainbox has a unique part number. It is programmed to work with a particular type of car. Most car owners trust their mechanics so much and give them money to get another ECU. the mechanics or the car owner goes to the market to look for it. Chances are these are the questions they will be asked:what type of car, manual or automatic, how many sockets? etc. The brainbox seller will give you a brainbox that may look like the one you want. Now, if you have the part number of the damaged one, they will categorically tell you IT DOESN'T MATTER! That the number on the brainbox doesn't mean anything. CAPITAL LIE! It more than matters. As i said earlier, each brainbox have a specific car/cars it will work with. the worst is when the brainbox is stolen. you wont know what to look for. You start doing trial and error with different brainbox. When the seller in Ladipo or wherever collects your money and sells you the wrong brainbox, you NEVER get your money back. Rather, each time you go back to them, they give you another one to go and try. You end up wasting time and money. So, what do you do when you want to get a new brainbox?. Simple: if you know the part number of the one you are looking for, go for it. Don't let the sellers confuse you or tell you otherwise! The truth is, they don't know and they are not wise enough to know that they don't know.If the brainbox is stolen and you don't know the right one to buy, contact an auto engineer who will check for you with the VIN of the car. Sometimes there may be a slight variation in the part numbers. consider this case i had today. i was to get a brainbox for a matrix with this number: 89666-02331. A comprehensive checked revealed an update of 89666-02333. The buyer was understandably apprehensive.But i talked him through. So, save yourself and your car and get the right thing.

For more consultation and advice, feel free to call 08098678989. [/b][b][b][/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by Newtonkid: 10:23am On Jan 14, 2017
Pls help my car vandalized and ecu stolen.Vin is 2T1BR32E43C758782.Thank you
Re: Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by Newtonkid: 10:25am On Jan 14, 2017
Sir pls help me with the ecu number that fits my vin. toyota corolla 2003.Pls help my car vandalized and ecu stolen.Vin is 2T1BR32E43C758782.Thank you
Re: Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by holarbent: 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2018
Please help me with the brain box that can work for my Nissan sentra. Follows are details of the car.
Chassis number is 3N1CB51D21L462248
Re: Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 05, 2018
holarbent:
Please help me with the brain box that can work for my Nissan sentra. Follows are details of the car.
Chassis number is 3N1CB51D21L462248
Either of these should fit:
3N JA56-R08 B84
3N JA56-R31 BD1
Re: Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by evoama4all: 11:58am On Feb 07, 2019
i have a passat 1.8T 2004 model and had problem with my ECU (Brain box) due to water moist that entered the brain box. I was told to replace the brain box. I was told i can get the the brain box from Lagos and programmed on free code. Will this help to fix the problem of the car brain box. I need advice on how to fix my car brain box. Someone should be help me out ASAP. Thanks
Re: Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by Balo4400: 4:20pm On May 12, 2019
Pls am using Toyota Corolla 2008 mode South Africa(manual transmission). The car is consuming excess fuel and emitting black smoke. I have conducted scan on it and the codes detected were duly take care but the car did not stop smoking and consuming fuel. What I noticed was that the some pins in the brain box have cut which made my mechanic to open the brain box and pass wire from it to connect with the one that went into the car. Pls I need urgent advise before I go ahead nad buy the brain box. My fear is that the brain box is very expensive
Re: Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by Balo4400: 4:22pm On May 12, 2019
Pls anybody that can sell original brain box. Pls contact me on this number( 09027875671)
Re: Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by pek(m): 9:21pm On May 12, 2019
Balo4400:
Pls am using Toyota Corolla 2008 mode South Africa(manual transmission). The car is consuming excess fuel and emitting black smoke. I have conducted scan on it and the codes detected were duly take care but the car did not stop smoking and consuming fuel. What I noticed was that the some pins in the brain box have cut which made my mechanic to open the brain box and pass wire from it to connect with the one that went into the car. Pls I need urgent advise before I go ahead nad buy the brain box. My fear is that the brain box is very expensive
change the brainbox if that's the culprit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by Valentine08: 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
Please help me my Toyota corolla was vandalized and my ECU was stolen please I need a brain box that can work with this chassis number AHTLB52E303081218. Please prompt response will be appreciated.
Re: Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by oktawian(m): 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2020
164310 COROLLA (S.AFRICA) ZRE151L-DEFDK 1ZRFE 07/2007- 06/2013 Middle East 209 FA10

By VIN it's seams that you should have this engine ECU in your Toyota.

Re: Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by naxyrick: 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
Pls ethereum is on the rise
Why don't you join our team and accumulate much ethereum
My WhatsApp no @08147959427
Re: Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by joewalker101(m): 11:50am On Jun 22, 2020
Weldone,
Kindly assist in this as well, I got a Nissan almera 2013 manual transmission, just changed the complete engine but wasn’t throttling. Was told it’s the ECU that had issues, haven’t been able to get the exact one but have seen a close match. Please will the close match work fine? Attached is the picture of the ECU that came with the car

Re: Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! by chancery: 5:29pm On Jan 25, 2022
Balo4400:

My Honda BABY Boy has the same issue, black smoke and consume too much fuel. After consulting 3 different mechanics and electricians I was told it is the brain box that needs replacing

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Typical Causes Of Tyre Wear / Advice Needed As Regards Engine Oil Change / Best Everyday Automobile For Lagos: Nominations For 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.