Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Top 5 Strangest Things Ever Sold On Ebay! - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Top 5 Strangest Things Ever Sold On Ebay! (1211 Views)

Ty’s Top 5 (five) Viral Videos Of 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Strangest Things Ever Sold On Ebay! by borntobegr8t(m): 8:22pm On Nov 25, 2013
TOP 5 STRANGEST THINGS EVER SOLD ON EBAY!

BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!!

Here is just a sample of some of the strangest things ever sold on eBay:

STRANGE AUCTION #1
DATE: February 2004.
ITEM: F/A-18 Hornet fighter jet
STARTING BID: $1,000,000
SOLD?/ENDING BID: No.
SUMMARY: The owner of the plane had purchased it from a scrap yard and had offered to have the plane restored for a Buy It Now price of $9,000,000. The auction stated that the new owner could expect to pay roughly $40,000 a month for just 2 -3 hours of flight time due to the fuel consumption, up-keep, and other mandatory expenses. After hearing of the auction, the FBI notified the seller that he could only sell the plane to an American citizen residing in the United States. Furthermore, the plane could not leave U.S. airspace either. The auction ended without a winning bidder.

STRANGE AUCTION #2
DATE: February 2007.
ITEM: Britney Spear's Hair
STARTING BID: $1,000,000
SOLD?/ENDING BID: No; violation.
SUMMARY: After Britney Spears went on one of her rants resulting in her all of her hair being cut off, the salon put her hair on eBay in hopes of making a quick fortune. However, due to eBay's policy, this person's hopes in making a quick buck was -cut- short!

STRANGE AUCTION #3
DATE: November 2005
ITEM: Original Hollywood sign
STARTING BID: $300,000
SOLD?/ENDING BID: Yes; $450,400
SUMMARY: In November 2005, the original 1923 Hollywood sign was sold on eBay. The current owner wanted to sell it because he says that he is to busy working on other projects and more importantly wanted to use the proceeds to finance a Hollywood project that he currently has in the works.

STRANGE AUCTION #4
DATE: May 2006
ITEM: New Zealand
STARTING BID: $0.01 AUD
SOLD?/ENDING BID: No; violation.
SUMMARY: A citizen of Autralia attempted to sell the country of New Zealand in May 2006. The bid had reached $3000 before it was taken down due to a violation of eBay's policy. I guess you can't sell a country without the consent of its' people.

STRANGE AUCTION #5
DATE: 2007
ITEM: Group of four men from Australia to spend the weekend with the promise of "beer, snacks, and a [heck] of a lot of laughs."
STARTING BID: $0.01 AU
SOLD?/ENDING BID: Yes; $1,300.
SUMMARY: Four guys attempted successfully to auction themselves off on eBay for one heck of a weekend. The men guaranteed that fun, laughs, and beer would all be a part of the unique weekend. The auction ended in a $1,300AU bid.

SOURCE :http://www.ebay.com/gds/TOP-5-STRANGEST-THINGS-EVER-SOLD-ON-EBAY
Re: Top 5 Strangest Things Ever Sold On Ebay! by ITbomb(m): 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
I thought I would see the virginity auction
Re: Top 5 Strangest Things Ever Sold On Ebay! by VillageBoi(m): 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
ITbomb: I thought I would see the virginity auction

Exactly what I thought... a few of those have been sold on eBay I think.
Re: Top 5 Strangest Things Ever Sold On Ebay! by spywareczar(m): 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
Next wud be Abubakar Shekau's Quran

(1) (Reply)

Rate My Sketch / I Need Someone Who Can Do 3D Short Animation Video / Complete Drawing Of Linda Ikeji By Afro G

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.