Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. (3904 Views)

Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects / Banks Refused To Give Me More Loans That's Why I'm Owing - Aregbesola / Indebted Lagos State Goes For More Loans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by theoctopus1: 8:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
**external debt hits over N100billion in just few months.

The Imo state government have been declared unfit to borrow more more money by the Nigerian Apex bank, the CBN.
Few months ago, the Debt Management agencies frown at the rising debt profile of Governor Rochas Okorocha's government and the apparent less ability to of the state to pay back these loans in the next 25 years. PEAK of borrowing for the state.

CBN stated that Imo state is owing over 100 billion Naira and that is the reason Apex bank placed them on the "No Borrowing list', meaning that they will no longer borrow from any bank in Nigeria and no approval will be given to them for external loans. - Hope For Nigeria.

http://savannahreports.com/local/item/146-imo-state-banned-from-borrowing-more-loans
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by gleaf: 8:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
APC KWENU!!! grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
wc one be savannah repoters again? Na wao.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by ProfessorPeter(m): 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2013
Bro forget, if na PDP borrowed that money,APC go shout to a high heaven
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by Lusola15: 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
I will see what I can do cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by Enegod(m): 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
shocked
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by gleaf: 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
[/b][b]
Professor Peter: Bro forget, if na PDP borrowed that money,APC go shout to a high heaven
did u say shout undecided abi they will scream and ask for the head of the Governor.
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by oneeast: 9:22pm On Nov 25, 2013
The worst is that there absolutely nothing on the ground to show for all the loans he has borrowed running into 100B within 2yrs. I pity imo state, they should do something and remove this clown.
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by Longeria(m): 9:22pm On Nov 25, 2013
gleaf: [/b][b]
did u say shout undecided abi they will scream and ask for the head of the Governor.
Choi, Imo State done enter one chance bus.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by Onyegecha(f): 9:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
No matter how much the truth is hidden, painted, distorted, buried, it will always shine forth in the end. Where are those who still think okorocha is the best governor Nigeria has ever known? I weep for my dear state.

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by NadiaSA1(f): 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
Chaiii my state ..

embarassed embarassed
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by ProfessorPeter(m): 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
gleaf: [/b][b]
my inlaws don enter one chance. If Nigerian allow APC in 2015 we don enter one chance be that

1 Like

Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by Zonacom(m): 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
Not good at all. So chino and okija juju were right all this while? Abagworo bia eba oso oso

1 Like

Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by Zonacom(m): 9:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nadia_SA1: Chaiii my state ..

embarassed embarassed
Funny lady. Have you been to ikechukwu's villa before?
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by lincolnj88: 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
grin Apc at work grin

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by tomakint: 10:07pm On Nov 25, 2013
When we (the realists and team FreshAir) try to advise these APC goons that Tinubu and his cohorts are on a mission to mortgage the future of any States they can grab, people thought we were psychobabbling undecided exactly the way Lagos keeps piling up debts upon debts now Imo has follow suit.....undecided what a pity! The clown called Okorocha is truly on a mission to 'salvage Imo from Economic depression according to Abagworo' I dey laff in Mbaise grin grin una never halla undecided I just feel for my good friend, andre_uweh, here embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
I trust Seun and Mukina,APC governor's mistake to make front page? Never. APC bought this forum a long time ago but,the good thing is this,after 2015 election some people will realise that selling their conscience is not the way forward for me and you.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by Balkan(m): 10:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
Front page please! thank God for CBN. so this is what this thief is doing
in Imo state. You took Imo people"s momey to fund a Yoruba party?
Shame on APC, shame on Olaniyi Okorocha!
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by gramci: 10:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
419 governor
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by Decryptor(m): 11:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nadia_SA1: Chaiii my state ..

embarassed embarassed

Nadia...why did you delete me from BBM? angry angry angry
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by Pukkah: 11:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
Balkan: Front page please! thank God for CBN. so this is what this thief is doing
in Imo state. You took Imo people"s momey to fund a Yoruba party?
Shame on APC, shame on Olaniyi Okorocha!

You started well but spoilt your own post with a needless tribal assault.

Okorocha joined/merged with APC this year. What was the debt level as at the time he joined? Can you prove your wild claims about funding the 'Yoruba' party?

Any governor that spends irresponsibly should not go scot free regardless of his political party.
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by Abagworo(m): 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
Only a mentally retarded adult will take this news and most fake news coming out of Imo State with a pinch of salt. It is better you make enquiries and know the truth than to rely on online falsehood peddlers for such a sensitive news. I remember where I read that imo borrowed over 200billion on Nairaland and that there's nothing on ground. For those who still believe in reality, Imo has not borrowed and there is a lot on ground that surpasses everything that existed in Imo before this administration even though majority are at different stages of completion which the internet liars termed "abandoned" even though most of the works are merely 2years old . Someone just posted a picture of twin towers he sighted in Owerri which is infact a tip of the iceberg compared with what you'll see on ground. I won't argue with the paid internet liars but will just get enough video evidences and pictures this Xmass period and shame them all.
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by oladapolif: 12:18am On Nov 26, 2013
See dem Igbo Leaders, thief thief.... dem go say FG no dey nothing, this and that? Kalu dey blow stolen money and him igbos brother go dey celebrate am, when rich men no even plenty among igbos, if not for hype... mshew..
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by oladapolif: 12:20am On Nov 26, 2013
Pukkah:

You started well but spoilt your own post with a needless tribal assault.

Okorocha joined/merged with APC this year. What was the debt level as at the time he joined? Can you prove your wild claims about funding the 'Yoruba' party?

Any governor that spends irresponsibly should not go scot free regardless of his political party.

Him won try over smart, before we start commenting about their bad igbo leaders... lol
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by thewarrior72: 12:46am On Nov 26, 2013
My grouse with this clown okorocha is not the reckless abandon at which he borrows,but there is nothing on the ground to show for all this borrowing.
A good administrator don't borrow money & embark on a project that doesn't bring in returns, u don't borrow money to construct roads,except those roads are going to be tolled.Any administrator that embark on borrowing money to plant flower, construct roundabout, mount signpost& paint everywhere with multiple colours, is slowpoke & doesn't deserve the post of administrator undecided

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by thewarrior72: 12:48am On Nov 26, 2013
oladapolif: See dem Igbo Leaders, thief thief.... dem go say FG no dey nothing, this and that? Kalu dey blow stolen money and him igbos brother go dey celebrate am, when rich men no even plenty among igbos, if not for hype... mshew..
Na watin this one de yan undecided undecided undecided
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by sCun: 1:18am On Nov 26, 2013
Is there any credible source to this news? That website is as fake as Abusidiqu.com. Rochas has stated categorically several times in the past that he hasn't taken any loan from anywhere, he challenged those accusing him of borrowing to bring proofs. Until now I haven't heard or seen any proof that Rochas has been borrowing money. All baseless rumours.
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by sCun: 1:24am On Nov 26, 2013
Nigerians are abusing their increased internet access, this trend of presenting rumours as official statements is becoming as bad as the internet scams we were doing in the past. I remember when that useless site abusididqu.com claimed that those arrested election observers in IMO were accredited by INEC and even brought out fake statement from INEC, only for INEC to make a contradicting statement a few days later. Propaganda from all sides is becoming a serious issue in Nigerian politcs, people should try to independently confirm stories from credible sources before reacting.
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by sCun: 1:25am On Nov 26, 2013
I am neither a fan nor a hater of Rochas, but the man said he hasn't borrowed a single kobo on behalf of Imo state. So far, I have had no reason to doubt him.
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by DerideGull(m): 1:37am On Nov 26, 2013
The election of Mallam Rochas Okorocha as the governor of Imo State is one of the worst blunders ever committed by Ndigbo in Nigeria.
Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by agbameta: 1:37am On Nov 26, 2013
Akwa Ibom, 5 other states get DMO warning on dangerous domestic debt profile

The debt management agency categorised the states of the federation into three basic groups, depending on their solvency profile.
Akwa Ibom, Edo, Kwara, Ondo, Plateau and Taraba states have received the Debt Management Office, DMO, warning alerts as their financial health appears to be tottering delicately near the insolvency bar.

The debt management agency has categorised the states of the federation into three basic groups, depending on their solvency profile.
Those in the pink category are those states already in the danger mark as a result of the high level of indebtedness, while those in the yellow category are considered close to critical on the domestic debt sustainability analysis scale as a result of their huge debt profile.
The third category is green. States included here are considered among those with healthy financial balance sheets, with scores below the recommended solvency ratio of 92 per cent.

Akwa Ibom, one of the endangered states, has in recent times been in the spotlight for the wrong reasons following several reports linking its governor, Godswill Akpabio, with careless expenditure of public funds which critics have deemed ‘wasteful, a display of insensitivity and needless extravagance.’

Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Zamfara, Kogi, Ebonyi and Adamawa states, according to the report of domestic debt sustainability analysis undertaken by the DMO, have failed the test.

The report which the DMO board headed by Vice President Namadi Sambo presented for discussion last Tuesday, showed that the seven states’ domestic indebtedness relative to their internally generated revenue, IGR, capacities ranks high beyond the recommended international debt threshold of between 92 and 167 per cent.

Analysis of the pink states shows Bayelsa state leading the high debtor states with a score of 1,712 per cent insolvency ratio and a domestic debt stock of N162.82 billion as at the end of December 2011 while its IGR stood at about N9.510 billion.

Those next to this endangered category are stated in yellow while states whose positions are healthy are presented in green colour.
Cross River is the next endangered state with indebtedness ratio of 548 per cent far above the recommended threshold and a domestic debt stock of N90.750 billion, relative to its IGR size of N16.553 billion as at the end of 2011.

The third in the pink category was Zamfara State which recorded a score of 497 per cent, representing its total domestic debt of N12.968 billion relative to its IGR profile of N2.611 billion in the period under review.

This is closely followed by Ebonyi State with a score of 272 per cent, representing domestic debt stock of about N40.239 billion relative to its IGR of N14.778 billion.

Delta State came fifth with a rating of 263 per cent as the state’s domestic debt stock was at about N90.843 billion, against its IGR level of N34.601 billion.

Adamawa State followed with a rating of 217 per cent with a debt stock of N25.954 billion, while its IGR stood at N11.948 billion.
Kogi State took the rear in the exclusive list with a solvency score of 207 per cent, representing its indebtedness of N34.122 billion in relation to its IGR of N16.500 billion.

According to the debt management agency, the Debt Relief International, DRI, solvency threshold of 92 per cent to 167 per cent was applied in the compilation of the report to underscore the need for the sub-national governments to grow their IGRs to reduce excessive pressure on their statutory allocations in the running of their governments and free up resources for other developmental projects.

http://premiumtimesng.com/business/125651-akwa-ibom-5-other-states-get-dmo-warning-on-dangerous-domestic-debt-profile.html

1 Like

Re: Imo State Banned From Borrowing More Loans. by agbameta: 1:40am On Nov 26, 2013
^^^^^^ Funny I didn't see Imo state on that list...

These useless people and their kabukabu okporoko news....smh..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Youths On War Path With Igbo Elders Over Gifts From Mr. President. PICS / Rivers Politics: Nyesom Wike Disqualified / EXCLISIVE: Real Reasons President Jonathan Sacked IGP Abba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.