Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers (1119 Views)

National Assembly To Buhari: Drop N500b Intervention Fund From Budget 2016 / Kwankwaso Spent N4.1billion Pension Fund To Build Houses Pensioners Can’t Afford / Senate Cedes 20% Ecological Fund to Secure Nigeria’s Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by mike404(m): 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
The Anambra State governor, Peter Obi, distributed cheques worth 70 million Naira (about 449,000 dollars) to 153 Fadama users groups in 77 Fadama community associations in the state.

Speaking at an event which held at the ADP complex in Awka, the governor said that the donation was to reiterate the commitment of his administration to supporting farmers in the state towards achieving sustainable food production in order to reduce hunger and poverty in the state.

He said that his administration would ensure that the agricultural sector was totally transformed, as food was basic for continued sustenance of life.

The fund is expected to be used for the implementation of small scale community-owned infrastructure, income yielding assets and input support.

Obi enjoined the beneficiaries to ensure judicious use of the fund to achieve government’s vision of expanding and promoting agricultural activities for attainment of food security in order to fight extreme poverty and hunger.

The project is in line with the Millennium Development Goals.

Speaking at the event, the Commissioner for Agriculture, Ndubuisi Menakaya, said that aside from the procurement of 100 tractors for farmers use and the resuscitation of the collapsed irrigation facilities for rice farming, the state was partnering with the Bank of Agriculture to provide one digit interest rate loans for farmers. In the partnership, the state is contributing 500 million Naira (about 3.2 million dollars) .

The farmers expressed their appreciation to the governor while the chairman of all Farmers Association of Nigeria, Anambra State Chapter, Nnamdi Meko, thanked the governor for his intervention in the agriculture sector which impacted directly on the farmers.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/11/25/obi-grants-seventy-million-naira-intervention-fund-to-farmers/
Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by mike404(m): 10:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
ANAMBRA GA ADI NMA OZO

3 Likes

Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by kasiem(m): 10:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
make rochas come borrow money from this man nah

3 Likes

Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by mike404(m): 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
kasiem: make rochas come borrow money from this man nah
OJI EGO IMO STATE ARU MOSQUE NA UGWU AWUSA

2 Likes

Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
Very impressive. Peter Obi has continued with his increased pace of service delivery even post-election. As far as I'm concerned, this is my definition of DEVELOPMENT. Development must be people centred. This is why I am not particularly pleased with Sullivan Chime. Chime is doing well in road construction but he has performed poorly in human capital development

3 Likes

Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
The mods will make sure this thread does not get to front page. If APC had done this,kpakam Seun will push it up. I wonder how much Nairaland was sold to the potential 2015 loosers. APC will not win more than 2states in 2015 by then we will see where awof will come from

5 Likes

Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by thewarrior72: 11:22pm On Nov 25, 2013
Such new is acidic to the ears of ACN/APC residence e-rat
Kudos to obi & good people Anambra....Onye si na anyi agaghi adi ya burukwa okuko uzo lakpuo ula

1 Like

Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 26, 2013
Akpabio and G7 governors are on front page but this good news has been subjected to natural death by the powers that be. I've never seen a man sold his conscience for a pot of soup like this before. Only bad news from my state gets to front page.

1 Like

Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by Nnewi1stSon: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2013
Oh God! Why did you curse my state with such a clueless buffon? Where in the world do politicians dish out money like santa claus? Obi has dolled out more than 20 billion since late last year( to churches,Schools,traditional rulers,e.t.c) meanwhile such huge amount could have been put to better use.
1, while give ANSU(now COOU) #5B when most courses in the schools are not accredited by the NUC? Why not try and secure accreditation for them 1st?( i know some people will blab that the money(#5B) will be used to achieve that, but that money to me is nothing but a greek gift.
2, The 'Teaching hospital' he built in Awka looks like one local Gov't funded clinic!
3, the rural roads he built are some of the worst done roads i have ever seen in my life, most have started eroding just after the 1st rains!
4, trying to cause enmity between Catholics and Anglicans, Anambra's senatorial zones et al.
Peter obi should just round up his tenure and carry his curse back to his business in maza maza! angry
Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by MayorofLagos(m): 7:25am On Nov 26, 2013
This is not first time farmers in Enugu get money from government, its an annual ritual. Where is the result of past investment?

Soon as these farmers get the money they pack their plastic bags and their family, buy bus ticket and head to Lagos to join apprentice league in Ladipo.

Anyway, things have changed, tell them not to forget Babaloja's cut. grin
Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by MayorofLagos(m): 7:26am On Nov 26, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Oh God! Why did you curse my state with such a clueless buffon? Where in the world do politicians dish out money like santa claus? Obi has dolled out more than 20 billion since late last year( to churches,Schools,traditional rulers,e.t.c) meanwhile such huge amount could have been put to better use.
1, while give ANSU(now COOU) #5B when most courses in the schools are not accredited by the NUC? Why not try and secure accreditation for them 1st?( i know some people will blab that the money(#5B) will be used to achieve that, but that money to me is nothing but a greek gift.
2, The 'Teaching hospital' he built in Awka looks like one local Gov't funded clinic!
3, the rural roads he built are some of the worst done roads i have ever seen in my life, most have started eroding just after the 1st rains!
4, trying to cause enmity between Catholics and Anglicans, Anambra's senatorial zones et al.
Peter obi should just round up his tenure and carry his curse back to his business in maza maza! angry

Theres no population to spend the money on. Its only 1.764 million registered voters in the entire state.
Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by VAQAXY: 7:34am On Nov 26, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Theres no population to spend the money on. Its only 1.764 million registered voters in the entire state.

Population of Onitsha alone both indigenes and non- indigenes stands at 4 million.
Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by Nnewi1stSon: 7:35am On Nov 26, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

When we Igbos advice your people to cut down on their intake of 'oily soup' you think we're insulting you. So as slow as your brain is, 1.72 million 'VOTERS' translates to 'RESIDENTS'? Pls i dont engage in arguements with juveniles, google up and get lost! cool

1 Like

Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 26, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: When we Igbos advice your people to cut down on their intake of 'oily soup' you think we're insulting you. So as slow as your brain is, 1.72 million 'VOTERS' translates to 'RESIDENTS'? Pls i dont engage in arguements with juveniles, google up and get lost! cool
Comment of the year award winner

1 Like

Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by omenka(m): 8:08am On Nov 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Very impressive. Peter Obi has continued with his increased pace of service delivery even post-election. As far as I'm concerned, this is my definition of DEVELOPMENT. Development must be people centred. This is why I am not particularly pleased with Sullivan Chime. Chime is doing well in road construction but he has performed poorly in human capital development
What is impressive about an uncanny rush to empty the state treasury at the last minutes of his administration? Sometimes i wonder if truely you are a nigerian or some foreign agent.
Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by VICTORCIZA(m): 8:16am On Nov 26, 2013
OBI IS A BLESSING TO NDI ANAMBRA

1 Like

Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by gerald09(m): 8:18am On Nov 26, 2013
Congratulation lack of government has made Nnamdi Meko a rich man. 700million 60% is going to his account, den 20% to the rest of d ministry den 20% to d actual farmers. He will be @ church next sunday given thanks given for dis free money. Probably in a forth night time, the Ministry of Agriculture Anambra branch will be broke cos "evil spirit" or "GEJ" stole d money. @ least dats what he will tell his people.
Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by Zonacom(m): 8:59am On Nov 26, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Oh God! Why did you curse my state with such a clueless buffon? Where in the world do politicians dish out money like santa claus? Obi has dolled out more than 20 billion since late last year( to churches,Schools,traditional rulers,e.t.c) meanwhile such huge amount could have been put to better use.
On the contrary bro, obi's style of donating money to schools and hospitals management for projects in the institution is yielding positive results. Even the world bank hailed this aproach and is set to use this system in their interventions too. I bet you dont know better than the world bank. Moreover, this donations are usually done in the full glare of the public such that the school/hospital managements would be held responsible by the communities should the projects fail to be implemented.

About creating division between the catholic and anglican church. The truth is that problems have existed between these two groups even long before obi came into power. I think the governor should even be commended for his efforts in bringing the two groups together by carrying both parties along in his activities. Since the state govt returned public schools to the rightful owners, hardly would you hear the governor making any donations in any town without including schools/hospitals belonging to both groups.

So, inno nwannem nwoke, dont just judge a man blindly. I am not an obi supporter, but i am not an obi hater too. I just try to be objective.
About the quality of roads, obi has got it wrong there no doubt.
Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by Zonacom(m): 9:02am On Nov 26, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

You keep bringing this your stupid population ish every now and then. Why are you obsessed with anambra?
Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by Nnewi1stSon: 9:11am On Nov 26, 2013
Zona.com:

On the contrary bro, obi's style of donating money to schools and hospitals management for projects in the institution is yielding positive results. Even the world bank hailed this aproach and is set to use this system in their interventions too. I bet you dont know better than the world bank. Moreover, this donations are usually done in the full glare of the public such that the school/hospital managements would be held responsible by the communities should the projects fail to be implemented.

About creating division between the catholic and anglican church. The truth is that problems have existed between these two groups even long before obi came into power. I think the governor should even be commended for his efforts in bringing the two groups together by carrying both parties along in his activities. Since the state govt returned public schools to the rightful owners, hardly would you hear the governor making any donations in any town without including schools/hospitals belonging to both groups.

So, inno nwannem nwoke, dont just judge a man blindly. I am not an obi supporter, but i am not an obi hater too. I just try to be objective.
About the quality of roads, obi has got it wrong there no doubt.
i give him a cautious '70%' in Eduacation but other sectors are below 50%!
Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by ifechez: 9:52am On Nov 26, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: When we Igbos advice your people to cut down on their intake of 'oily soup' you think we're insulting you. So as slow as your brain is, 1.72 million 'VOTERS' translates to 'RESIDENTS'? Pls i dont engage in arguements with juveniles, google up and get lost! cool

free globe, is that you? so this is your new moniker now. that's OK.
Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by Realdeals(m): 9:53am On Nov 26, 2013
Anything to the agricultural sector is commendable
In btw join the agriculture community on www. where you can interact with farmers and agriculture professionals across the world, also downoad weekly prices of agric commodity/foodstuff from market in lagos.
Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by ifechez: 9:53am On Nov 26, 2013

freeglobe, is that you? so this is your new moniker now. that's OK.
Re: Obi Grants Seventy Million Naira Intervention Fund To Farmers by Nnewi1stSon: 10:13am On Nov 26, 2013
ifechez:

freeglobe, is that you? so this is your new moniker now. that's OK.
Have u been taking too much of fermented Carbohydrate of late? I've been running this account even b4 freeGlobe was banned. Pls stick to the topic or get lost. Iti boribo! angry

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Reduces Aso Rock’s Billion Naira Feeding Bill By N494 Million / Believe It Or Not: Ebola Is The End To Boko Haram Insurgency In Sambisa / APC Accuses DSS Of Crass Partisanship, Calls Spokesperson Unfit For Her Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.