Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,498 members, 7,801,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

My Grouse With NYSC Corp Members that are Graduate of Medicine and Surgery - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Grouse With NYSC Corp Members that are Graduate of Medicine and Surgery (2536 Views)

Any Query For Corp Members That Missed Head Count? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Grouse With NYSC Corp Members that are Graduate of Medicine and Surgery by topsquino(m): 10:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
Issues are clear and the stakes are high. I really groan, bemoaning my predicament as a corps member that studied Engineering. If the clock could turn back its hands and rewind time, studying Medicine would have been my preferred choice of profession rather than Engineering.

Undoubtedly, Engineering is a good and decent profession, and without Engineering, there can never be any meaningful development in any State or Society. However, in Nigeria, the profound profession is inadequately appreciated which has resulted in low scale of industrialization, thereby rendering many Nigerians that studied the profession hopeless and jobless.

The few months I served, as a National Youth corps member in Osun State has broaden my insight on some reasons why many Nigerians choose to study Medicine rather than studying any other professions; State Government pays them N98,000, while others are been paid N5,000 as their monthly stipend. Personally, the financial disparity seems unprecedented because the glorified profession is not rocket science; anybody with sound mind can study the profession.

I must confess, I feel jealous when I see corps members that studied Medicine, swanking around in their expensive cars, wining and dining with beautiful girls, whilst corps members that studied Engineering or other professions manage to fend for themselves with their ‘little alawee’. Imagine! Last week, a friend cried foul, when a Doctor snatched is girlfriend due to the obvious reasons of finance. However, despite his lamentations, the bitter truth is that they seem to have a better prospect than other professions due to the job securities and stupendous salaries they earn during and after National Youth Service.

Dear Nairalanders, I strongly believe that all professions are great and no profession is the greatest on earth, but the apparent truth is that Doctors in Nigeria are enjoying in all ramifications far more than the Engineers. I wish I knew these facts earlier before studying Engineering. I wish I had listened to my parents and ignored the idea of studying a profession that I love wholeheartedly. Alas! I made a costly mistake and there is nothing I can do about the nation’s ill-fated profession (Engineering).
Re: My Grouse With NYSC Corp Members that are Graduate of Medicine and Surgery by firstolalekan(m): 12:25am On Nov 26, 2013
It is so pathetic. It is so unfair. Nigeria, what a nation.
Re: My Grouse With NYSC Corp Members that are Graduate of Medicine and Surgery by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
As a doctor i dnt fil inclined to respond to d mata @hand, i'v been into such dbates countles tyms bt wot i realise is that u guys hv ur mindset already fixd(as in u'r biased 2d left) ,therefore in yoruba parlance: ko le ye won or in french: ils ne voudrent pas comprendre. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: My Grouse With NYSC Corp Members that are Graduate of Medicine and Surgery by abbeywasc(m): 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2013
olrotimi: As a doctor i dnt fil inclined to respond to d mata @hand, i'v been into such dbates countles tyms bt wot i realise is that u guys hv ur mindset already fixd(as in u'r biased 2d left) ,therefore in yoruba parlance: ko le ye won or in french: ils ne voudrent pas comprendre. I rest my case.
is it true u ar paid those amount?

1 Like

Re: My Grouse With NYSC Corp Members that are Graduate of Medicine and Surgery by lawizle(m): 11:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
olrotimi: As a doctor i dnt fil inclined to respond to d mata @hand, i'v been into such dbates countles tyms bt wot i realise is that u guys hv ur mindset already fixd(as in u'r biased 2d left) ,therefore in yoruba parlance: ko le ye won or in french: ils ne voudrent pas comprendre. I rest my case.

My guy d hatred dat was displayed against us by camp officials no get degree...obvious hatred and beef even from corpers..its only d lizard with belly on d ground dat knows wassup...explaining to dem is like talking to d wall...its as if dr understanding has been cursed...I can't wait to leave ds country for Australia where my trade is well appreciated...its because dey see who to criticize Dats y dey are making mouth...doctors are d highest paid workers in other developed country and dr citizens are proud about it...hence our top officials fly dere to receive world class treatment and squander our resources dere thus dr medical profession generates more revenue in d long run...but all we know is to beef doctors here and dere in ds country...In my opinion we doctors are not supposed to serve cos d duration we spent in school and internship is equal to a masters student if not even more and b4 we start service we've gotten our cars already...do you expect me dat was receiving 180k/month to now start receiving 5k? Even d lga chairmen know we are enduring hence dey try to commend us as much as possible...Africans still have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: My Grouse With NYSC Corp Members that are Graduate of Medicine and Surgery by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
I'v always said it dat i'v neva bn inclind to serv in nysc, same goes for many othr docs. If d tin pain una 2much, pls help us lobby FG to xclude us frm d service, u'l b doing us a mutual favour.

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read If You Are Posted For NYSC To Anambra State / Call Up Letter / Bvn Issues Regarding Nysc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.