Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,636 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet (18323 Views)

Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) / Man Drowned In Lagoon While Swimming To Win A Bet / TRAGIC: Two Girls Die While Swimming In Enugu River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by frederickokey(m): 11:24am On Nov 26, 2013
when death calls the body falls undecided.... 2 me thats suicide
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Ego2(f): 11:32am On Nov 26, 2013
wat a waste of admission, wen millions of student r still struggling too gain ders. All d same R.I.P:@
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by ceospecial(m): 11:35am On Nov 26, 2013
cry Na ASUU cause am, if not, d guy suppose dey school dey do im Physical Clearance.... Base on the story...
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Ego2(f): 11:44am On Nov 26, 2013
dis kin person deserve make dem use koboko dey flog am for were e dey nw, n all dis mumu pple wey dey admit dem for uni wey no go do mental test on dem
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by XLR8(m): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2013
Iku omi ni pa omuwe
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by vislabraye(m): 11:46am On Nov 26, 2013
Some people have died doing stewpid things. This reminds me of a story of a man who made a bet that he could finished 10 wraps of foo-foo. By the time he was through, he died.
This guy should have known his limits.
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by flowwebdesign01: 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
Great innovative and informatics post forum this is...keep working. Here I find many post related with our life, this is nice forum.

window cleaning
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Tinyemeka(m): 12:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
25 years of age and had just gained admission?
Synonymous.
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by engroke(m): 12:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hmmmmmm, village things!!!!!!!!
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by smite(m): 12:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
The guy got talent...unfortunately it wasn't properly utilized! with the right training, facilities and connection this guy would have performed better while representing Nigeria at world events
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by isalegan2: 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
Afam4eva: Why do Nigerians run when kasala burst?

Because Police will haul everyone to jail in the Black Mariah, no questions asked!

Lagosians have a lot of histories of Police mistreatment and young men suffocating to death in those Black Mariahs.

RIP to the young man. sad If it's true, then it was just youthful foolishness. But, I will respect his family's wishes and accept that it was an accident. undecided Afterall, no friend has come forward to verify a wager.

curiouslad:
Because we mostly have a very big and loud mouth grin grin but we are mostlychickened at heart!!

grin grin cheesy This too. grin
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by funnyx(m): 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
ichommy: I said it yesterday, I hate swimming.

Swimming is great, you just need to know your limits.
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by isalegan2: 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
Tinyemeka: 25 years of age and had just gained admission?
Synonymous.

At least he kept trying. It's not an easy feat gaining admission and finding housing and having the ability to fund yourself. We hear stories all the time of students waiting for ages to gain admission. Have a heart!

vislabraye: Some people have died doing stewpid things. This reminds me of a story of a man who made a bet that he could finished 10 wraps of foo-foo. By the time he was through, he died.
This guy should have known his limits.

There was a report a few years ago about a white guy in the USA who bet his friends he can swallow a fish. He picked a bigger fish than the rest and put it into his mouth head first. . . and met the Piper shortly after. undecided I think they may have been drunk or high. Things young men get up to when idle.
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Comradekenny(m): 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
Now this goes out 2 all of una wey dey bet eg.nairabet,1960bet,surebet,dollarbet or what have we.....etc.....bet no b d surest way oooh........as for jimoh whatever may be the truth I don sori 4 u.....pe leee........ sadNow this goes out 2 all of una wey dey bet eg.nairabet,1960bet,surebet,dollarbet or what have we.....etc.....bet no b d surest way oooh........as for jimoh whatever may be the truth I don sori 4 u.....pe leee........
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by simdam500(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
Smartini: Are we to mourn? cheesycheesycheesy
Celebrate naa
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by isalegan2: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
binhozie:

What is it with Yoruba people and pickin race sef? Haba

I quickly checked to see if you were a habitual Tribalist, and I saw this. You started the betting, didn't you? I think you were there, sir. wink Things that make you go hmmm. undecided

binhozie:
believe me if there is anything like purgatory and i miss batch A to heaven
six months frog jump na small thing for me.
I go add back flip on top "chuku-chuku" and butterfly stroke inside shiit water

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by creativemusic: 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
a pity
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by shinkafimoon(m): 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
This was sent from his village..mmmm...or maybe he was sleep-diving the whole time.. undecided Millions of years of evolution and this is what we have to show for it?.. undecided Bone-headed blunder
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Oludrex(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2013
ASUUUUU.. See what u caused .. He would have been in library preparin for his exam.....
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by suzyluv(f): 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ω̴̩̩̩̥a their village that guy problem f♡̷̴̬̩̃̊r start
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by jahbiz: 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
The love of money and glory!
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by XLR8(m): 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
is dat nt d river wher dose girls goto to wash dere dirty wrappers wey don stiff lyk dey add 20 sachets of starch to t....if dey luk well dem go c dat na d stench dat made im pass out cry cry

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Oludrex(m): 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
Everyone is goin to die one way or the other.. What's goin to kill us we don't know.. Before passin judgement on the deceased, think abt this.. Its just a thin line between life and death.. If he had a clue its goin to kill him he wouldn't hav done it

+For every single day we live.. We only live to die another day

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by lastmessenger: 1:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
Believe me the bet wont be more than 5k.
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by shadrach77: 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
iku odo lo'n pa omuwe sad sad sad
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by bluntspirit(m): 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mfinna ibagha.......na burial things na.....
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by whatofyou: 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
l pray say this him act go dey etched on my and our minds this festive season we been dey enter so, the season of so many show-offs and bets-placing.
Nwoke, na n'udo. A living dog is better than a dead RION.
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Youngsage: 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
Isé Áyé...
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Youngsage: 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
lastmessenger: Believe me the bet wont be more than 5k.
Lol. Believe me it might even be N500! shocked
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
Youngsage:
Lol. Believe me it might even be N500! shocked
#SeriouslySpeaking
It could be not more than a N100
Re: Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet by efilefun(m): 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
Forget about the age, I know this guy personally, he was a year jnr @ FCE (college of education) Akoka 2009 set, thou he lost he's life so stupidly, may he's soul rest in peace.

Nobody knows how he or she is gonna die so let's please respect the dead.

Tinyemeka: 25 years of age and had just gained admission?
Synonymous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Ranked 21st Most Generous People In The World / Jilted UI Student Drinks Bleach / Why Is Popular Romancelander Vickybee Always Fond Of Unfollowing Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.