Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,017 members, 7,806,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? (2558 Views)

10 Blames Ladies Put On Nigerians Guys For Their Inability To Find Boyfriends / Homebased Nigerians Guys More Aggresive Towards Women?....Evidence exposed! / Nigerians Guys Back Home . . Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by getrich(m): 2:57pm On Jun 15, 2006
hi nairalanders;
i have been observing with keen interest this trend of late marriage among the nigerians guys who have earn for themselve the title of everlasting bachelor.

Could it be economics factors that is responsible for this or what? can someone help me to find timely answers to this critical question,before our nigerian sisters embark on public prostest that millions of nigerian police will not be able to curtail.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by desiree(f): 6:11pm On Jun 15, 2006
hmmmmmm----good question!!! I asked one of my pals at work this question recently and you would be surprised at the reason he gave, of course it varies for different men though.

Just to summarize, Men feel too comfortable in long-term relationships where co-habitation exist hence they can't be bothered to get married, like some would say, why pay for the cow when you can get the milk for free.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by akani(m): 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2006
Infact this is a reasonable question ever observed in the forum.Well i think the answer to this varies but i percieve it from the angle of the country's economic depression in that most of our young guy that should be engage in marriage find it very difficult to make their ends meet talkless of feeding anyone else or keeping someome else in their canopy.Indeed it was discovered that the standard of living is very high compare to their income.Most of this youth sqout with friends for survival like parasite,they discover that engaging into marriage siphones more resources and profound limitations to their free-will.imagine the basic essential amenities of man- Feeding,sheltering and clothing most people find it difficult to cope with these factors talkless putting other factors into consideration.
If the country's economy is more favourable to the people at least the (youth) the standard of living will definitely improve the growth of the country and tendency of getting married early increases.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by 4Play(m): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2006
because Nigerian ladies stink like hell,are golddiggers,brainless,stuckup,fatcows,ugly,goodfornothing hoes.Thats why am with a non-nigerian girl.Cos I can't stand Nigerian women
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by IAH(f): 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2006
Hehehehe cheesy and who told you Nigerian women can stand you? grin
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by 4Play(m): 10:19pm On Jul 03, 2006
They can't stand me cos am way too smart for their inane machinations,I have no time for these ugly fat cows
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by IAH(f): 10:23pm On Jul 03, 2006
Lol! You must have been badly hurt by one of them in the past. Buhahahahaha!
May I ask: Is ya mother Nigerian or not?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by Nosu(m): 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2006
all lot of factors are responsible for this. they include;

1. the economy situation of the country. l think it is wise for the guy to get every thing set before going into marriage.
2. the working environment. some guys are just too busy that they don't see nice chics went they pass by. they leave home very early and return very late at nite.
3. some don't just believe in marriage, reasoning be that they hv messed around with a lot of gals that they don't see any reasons to trust and love them because they hv had enough for either free or at very cheap rate. so they see ladies as bitches.
4. Some can't just trust a ladies, because they have had bad expriences that they can never forget. so any time they remember that they tried to avoid them or harm any they come in contact with. so they can no longer love.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by Eurphoria(f): 12:55am On Jul 04, 2006
probably because our gals put too high expectations on the men?

@4play hey hey hey calm don't dont give yourself a stroke, first of all , you sound lame,sad, and ugly urself , coming up with all these adjective too, how old are you? my 15 yr old cousin won't come out with lame and ignorant rants like that. fix up , quick quick before your arse gets left behind on. I hope you were not dropped on your head as a child and i hope you are not educated , cause you would be a disgrace to which ever establishment had the misfortune of having you. And God i hope he is not Nigerian and just doing this out of spite,, pls God ''eurphoria looks up to the heavenlies with a desparate plea and hope for the Nigerian man''
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by WesleyanA(f): 9:59am On Jul 05, 2006
4 Play:

because Nigerian ladies stink like hell,are golddiggers,brainless,stuckup,fatcows,ugly,goodfornothing hoes.Thats why am with a non-nigerian girl.Cos I can't stand Nigerian women

the question is: WHY DO YOU FEEL RELUCTANT TO MARRY THIS NON-NIGERIAN LADY OF YOURS?
because you sound like a fart for disrespecting Nigerian women like that. people like you that bring shame to the country where other nationalities are proud of their people male or female.

shame on you
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by New(m): 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2006
Could be because we are looking for Nigerian women and can't find eligible Nigerian women where we live.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by iice(f): 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2006
It varies with each man, some might have similar reasons and all that. As for me, i dont see y men gas rush marry, abeg when u get ur shit 2geder, u will know its time 2 do the marriage thing, Me sha if a guy is like telling me he wants 2 marry after a couple of months 2geder, he can marry himself coz i aint jumping in2 a binding relationship w/o having enuf experience of a life 2geder tongue
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by Ashiwaju(m): 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2006
Ofcourse for a thousand and one reason, it pays to be a bachelor! and guys would always say, they are not thru with da enjoyment! Wanna see how many apples could be sample b4 marriage

Some would say for financial reasons and some would say for economical reasons

but me thinks, its for tha apple reasons
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by iice(f): 5:24pm On Jul 05, 2006
Ashiwaju:

Ofcourse for a thousand and one reason, it pays to be a bachelor! and guys would always say, they are not through with da enjoyment! Wanna see how many apples could be sample before marriage

Some would say for financial reasons and some would say for economical reasons

but me thinks, its for tha apple reasons

Enjoy oh, enuf apple dey LMAO
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by desiree(f): 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2006
@ashiwaju

I figured as much!!! Some guys in the late 20's to early 30's still have the general notion of "why buy a book when you can read as many as want in the library" I even know a guy that is 39 and still has that attitude. I mean c’mon he is 39 for Christ sakes!!! What was he doing when he was 21-28?? And still doing the same ol’ thing now. Some people must get tired of doing the same thing for almost half their life span.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by Ashiwaju(m): 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2006
39? and he is still sampling? Please get him a therapy. Ofcourse Sampling has to do with age and time yoou know. if i can sample for over 10 years haba, i should be done sample b4 that kinda age now

Please 39 is on the high side, how old would he be when his first born is 10?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by desiree(f): 5:40pm On Jul 05, 2006
LOL abi ooo, i think settling down is not in his vocab, I don't think therapy can work on him, he is well over that level.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by Ashiwaju(m): 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2006
abi o
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by adconline(m): 5:18am On Jul 06, 2006
4 Play
You  ve got to take it easy on Naija girls. By the way, my sisters are not ugly and dumb. My mum is also a wonderful queen. I am not gonna take this disparaging statement. I think its a slight on Naija women including likes of Okonjo Iweala,Oluchi Onweagba, Agbani Darego, Oby Ezekwesili, Dora Akunyili ectc. Okonjo Iweala, Ezekwesili and Akunyili are turning things in Naija. Things that were messed up by " wiser and better" specie MEN. Please lets  exercise more restraints in our postings
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by akniy(m): 9:13am On Jul 06, 2006
recently, i had a chat with a friend and i gave him a paraphrase of this bible verse''if u find a GOOD WIFE, u ve found a GOOD THING, and definitely u shall receive GOD'S BLESSINGS n fantastic PEACE OF MIND for the rest of YUR LIFE''. HE smiled and said he thought i would only say A WIFE without the prefix GOOD.

so its simple, apart from the economic point of view, our ladies got to brace up with der xaracter.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by whitelexi(m): 12:25pm On Jul 06, 2006
The Mere thought of marriage Terrifies me! grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by Tywoh(f): 2:11pm On Jul 06, 2006
There is an iota of truth in what has been said so far.
But the truth is dat d advantages of early marriage outweighs d disadvantages.
Synergy and many other things are part of d gains.
Why postpone wat can be done now.
Don't run away from responsiblities cos it makes u responsible.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by Eurphoria(f): 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2006
@whitelexi

What terrifies you about marriage? do tell plsssssss wink
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by hotchic1(f): 9:31pm On Apr 21, 2007
Because they dont want to drop their games.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by U1(m): 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2007
The Ego,I mean Kudi abi na owo factor.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by dodowaski(f): 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2007
Ask the babes.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by olutomiwa(m): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2007
ask SOME girls and our economy.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by outlaws(m): 2:23am On May 01, 2007
cool

To:4 play
“because Nigerian ladies stink like hell,are golddiggers,brainless,stuckup,fatcows,ugly,goodfornothing hoes.Thats why am with a non-nigerian girl.Cos I can't stand Nigerian women.”

First of all. **** you.

Don’t you ever disrespect my Black sisters again.

Your statements sounds like you are one retarded, white looking, air headed bastard.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by outlaws(m): 2:56am On May 01, 2007
cool
Why the wait?
I don’t know. I know for me, I know some qualified Igbo ladies here. The question is which one do you pick? And if you do pick one, does that mean that you are trapped with her? Cash is also an issue. Right now I don’t have the cash that I want to have but I am working on it. I have too many bills at this time not even to talk about having to meet her needs.

What if she gets pregnant? Then, that means trapped without a choice.

One thing ladies need to understand is that Guys like to use certain ladies [those that have no respect for themselves and for others] as experiments and then they turn around to marry the ones that are strong, respectful, courageous and full of self esteem.

In Portland, there are some Igbo ladies that don’t take **** from any one. These people have gotten engaged or married and settled down in a house. And you have these ladies that are always on the phone with their girl friends talking about useless things [this guy, that guy, this party, have a date with this guy and another date].

I think that any lady that is strong and have full of self esteem and doesn’t let others to experiment with her is more likely to get engaged by the time she reaches her late 20s.

I see guys that experiment with other ladies. That’s disrespectful. Any lady who goes out with different guys is considered to be loose or lack self-esteem. She is just desperate to win some one. The truth is, the other guys know and they will experiment and won’t give in.

Ladies if you act in a decent way and play hard to get, you will attract the decent. That way you don’t have to wait for the experimenters out there with the other loose ladies.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by slimfine(f): 6:49am On May 01, 2007
outlaw,
you have spoken like a matured person but dating and marriage perspections depends on individuals. I have seen rascals get married and have families. by the way, this 21st century. I for sure are not waiting for any man to take of me and my need. That is why God gave me brains and hands.

4 play,
I think you are just looking for an attension. Respect yourself so that you shall be resected.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by outlaws(m): 9:01am On May 02, 2007
cool
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Guys Feeling Reluctant To Marry? by dremoney(m): 2:04pm On May 02, 2007
Individual differences.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He's Never Told Me He Loves Me Or Likes Me / Can I Spend Weekends With My Fiance After Introduction? / Why Do Some Women Date Or Marry African Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.