Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

G7 Governors Joins APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / G7 Governors Joins APC (49457 Views)

Lamido Names Streets After ‘G7-Governors’ / BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Summons G7 Governors To Aso Rock! / Asokoro DPO Didn't Hold G7 Governors Hostage, He Was Disgraced By Them (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

G7 Governors Joins APC by Aabheaven(m): 12:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
This breaking news was reported by TVC news right now.according to information gathered and reported,the G7 governors had meeting with APC leaders (Bola Tinubu and Mohammed Buhari),APC national chairman;Chief bisi akande and so on.the meeting started by 9:30am and ended by around 11:30am-12:00pm.the meeting was held at the Kano governor lodge,Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by seriousspy: 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
I don't think anyone was under any illusion about the intentions of these governors. At the end of the day, we hope this would be for the advancement of the country, but somehow I doubt it...

Aabheaven: This breaking news was reported by TVC news right now.according to information gathered and reported,the G7 governors had meeting with APC leaders (Bola Tinubu and Mohammed Buhari),APC national chairman;Chief bisi akande and so on.the meeting started by 9:30am and ended by around 11:30am-12:00pm.the meeting was held at the Kano governor lodge,Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by gleaf: 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
this is true ooooo! news bar on channels undecided undecided LOOTING REBRANDED

1 Like

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by toyibhabib: 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
It's a news flash on channelstv. This might be true.
Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by passionate88: 12:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
Yes o. Amaechi dn enter 1 chance. Molue wey no get brake. Him dn join a coup plotter (buhathief) and a Tinubu party. grin

22 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by yorke1: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ameachi is going to regret this! ganging up with the Northerner to unseat your brother. They have ruled for so many years with nothing to show for it. And you believe Buhari to perform magic now, wake up Ameachi the dreamer! Tinubu and Buhari only need your money for the forthcoming election. be wise!

50 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Built2last: 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
APC, The internet party is rebranding. simply put, an old wine in a new bottle. same thaste same worries.

As they have joined APC, permit me to say that they are now corrupt free and progressives.

I pity the Nigerian populace. 2015 Election is now between south south and south east versus south west and north.

lets see how it plays out.

11 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
And some docile minds will come here and start shouting progressives. Foolish idi.ots

6 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Italiano1: 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
Now GEJ, PDP and all their supporters can now learn how politics is played. Politics is not about noise-making or gloating over your enemies, it requires planning, thinking outside of the box and building bridges.

GEJ in all his daft glory tried to call the bluff of a powerful bloc and now it has come back to hunt him- watch how others will start decamping to the winning side. Goodbye to Goodluck Jonathan in 2015- you wont be missed.

112 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Aabheaven(m): 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
Even though am not a fan of PDP, i don't just love the APC because of their desperation.the same PDP/PDP members they once castigated is who they are uniting with.politics is such a selfish game.Someone once said and I quote "the only thing that unite politicians in Nigeria is CORRUPTION.God help our nation.

30 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by superior1: 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
[size=13pt]Anything but PDP[/size]

67 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by ITbomb(m): 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
Aggreived and same corrupt people now getting a new name.
How long shall we continue like this.
My problem with APC is that if voted into power , it will be a reign of bitterness and revenge, dismantling every little progress made by PDP to make their own name.
So I prefer let the transformation be concluded by 2019 before we consider new players

End of the road for the most confuse political gathering APC as more confusionist now enters

18 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by rozayx5(m): 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
good riddance tongue
wish them more slavery to buhari

2 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by ednut1(m): 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
Animals in human skin

3 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by IleIfe2(m): 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
Alright get to work, you have about 500 days to take this country back from kleptomaniacs grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by papagiddy(m): 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
OLD WINE IN NEW SKIN

2 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by abuc: 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
Its a welcome development. We need 2 strong political parties for the general benefit of the masses. Its either they deliver on their promises or get kicked out after 4 years. And for PDP, its easier to fight a war outside than within. The political scientists in PDP will start planning and executing more strategies in the next 10 months. But It would have been wise for G7 Governors to cause more trouble within and defect 6 months to election.

The fact is, PDP will still win the Presidential Election in 2015 but will loose more states and members of the National Assembly. I'm not a politician but I believe in reality. GEJ will win the 2015 Presidential race with tough opposition but these guys (PDP) know how to win Elections. I'm still wondering how they got such votes in Ondo and Anambra State Governorship elections respectively.

Congrat to APc
Congrat to Nigeria

At least the palava between G7 Governors and PDP National Leadership will die for now. Both parties should better compete by delivering dividend of democracy to the populace or else, pay for it in 2015.

I JUST DEY OBSERVE..

26 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
http://www.nigeriaintel.com/2013/09/11/how-far-can-jonathan-go/

Already 22 senators have pitched their tent with the Baraje faction. Prior to the escalation of the crisis, the party had 74 members in the Upper Chamber; the Tukur faction is left with 52 senators. The Presidency may lose control over the Senate, if the 22 new PDP senators decide to team up with the opposition, which has 31 senators. Therefore, the opposition may be in the majority, with 53 as against 52 for PDP. Similarly, 57 members of the House of Representatives have pulled out of the Tukur group and aligned with its rival. Given this development,President Jonathan’s faction of the PDP has lost control over the National Assembly and some states. The implication is that the President’s popularity has shrunk.

The real battle will be waged at NASS. It's no longer business as usual.

4 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Lusola15: 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
Good
Now things are balanced.

Born again thief na thief any how u see am. grin grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Domaro: 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
NPL525(nigerian politics 525)semester exam after ASUU strik. Answer the following with respect to engineering and political terms

CPC + ANPP+ ACN = APC and EFCC + ICPC + NPF + GEJ + JEGA + AGPGA = PDP, Find,
(a) (i) Using Pythagoras theorem prove that: PDP < APC.
(ii) Using Almighty Formula where JEGA is constant what is the value of PDP?
(b) If Tinubu and Buhari remains constant and Okorocha varies, what
is the coefficient value of Okorocha in APC?
(c) If PDP is constant, what is the cube root of rigging coefficient? Where pi= 21 > 16
(d) Use the Do or Die theory & explain all the answers above to show that it give you max 2015.
*** NO CHEATING***. Your time starts now....
GOODLUCK
by the way back to topic
haleluya!!! This is miracle, infact its wonderfull. Atleast they can allow our dear president focus on the issue of national matter as they remain irrelevant to nigerian polity even in their new OPC. Sorry APC

26 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Nnewi1stSon: 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
I dont know why these people dont reason any better than the cows they rear. By decamping to Apc, they'll probably do so too with their individual state's Pdp structure, with the northern delegates now out of the way, i see jonathan clinching the primaries, and the same people who voted him in the north(Mostly southerners and Northern Christians) will still do the same in 2015. Infact anyone who thinks this move will have any impact in 2015(Against Jonathan) is a political neophyte!

17 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by 2rutalk1: 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
Omen! Very soon some people will realize the overwhelming power of the President. You want to unseat the sitting President? Mirage!

6 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
This wont have happened had it been our drunken master didnt fall ill to ogogoro drinking, a reason for the postponement of his supposed meeting with G7.

I for win 2015 election...ogogoro na u cos am o!

4 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by DariusD(m): 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
The same set of people trying to create a new path...Impossible>>>Let's wait and see..

1 Like

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
What a shame. I just watched a video clip of the announcement of the so called merger. The chairman of the newPDP who was supposed to read the statement announcing the merger could not even pronounce the full meaning of APC. He was aided by cacophony of voices

4 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Nikapetrelli(f): 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
Finally,Make we hear for them.Nxt Pls
Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Italiano1: 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What a shame. I just watched a video clip of the announcement of the so called merger. The chairman of the newPDP who was supposed to read the statement announcing the merger could not even pronounce the full meaning of APC. He was aided by cacophony of voices

The cries of a drowning man grin grin grin

At least he didnt call PDP the Umblerra party like Dr Patience Jonathan. What you are witnessing is called political sophistication; APC has played a blinder and has beaten GEJ at his own game.

Even his own region, the SS has now being compromised- Ameachi will deliver Rivers state to the APC grin Reminds me of a saying- The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone grin grin

GEJ supporters- please do us a favour- Suck it up!!

51 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by israel007: 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
[size=15pt]In one statement: GEJ till 2019; NOT NEGOTIABLE[/size]

85 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by mr9ceguy3413: 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
Yes...I love dis news!...#team Jonathan must go!

3 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
Strong opposition = Better democracy.

Thats the only positive I can take out of this news

Goodluck and co will have to sit up and work very well with the small time left till 2015, to convince nigerians to extend his tenure.

Strong opposition is all nigeria needs to move forward.

But the only problem I see here is, the APC state leaders in those 7 states may not be very willing to accept those 7 governors at the state level, because it will mean their influence will diminish. Because at the state level, the APC people were enemies with the ex-pdp govs in 2011. I think the same thing applied to Rochas (APGA) and Udenwa (APC) in imo.

Also, what will happen to Atiku and Oyinlola

7 Likes

Re: G7 Governors Joins APC by tyson99(m): 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
This is just the beginning......season film

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Ebenezer Babatope: Jonathan Will Regret Working For APC's Victory In Bayelsa / Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour / Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.