Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? (13198 Views)

Nigerian Cinema Etiquette / You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG / Details And Recommendations: Nigerian Cinema Guide (19.04.2013 – 25.04.2013) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by VillageBoi(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
click2cbn: ABEG where I fit see ONYE OZI?, I hear say Oyibo speak Igbo for d movie

Btw, y advertise d premiere of a movie if it is 'strictly by invitation'?.

I'm not sure where you are but the premiere for 'Onye Ozi' was not 'invitation only'. The tickets were £20, fun evening but technically a horribly ugly looking movie to be honest... One would think that Mr Obi Emelonye would be a much better filmmaker by now.

If you 'badly' want to see it it is on Distrify - https://distrify.com/films/7176
Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
VillageBoi:

I'm not sure where you are but the premiere for 'Onye Ozi' was not 'invitation only'. The tickets were £20, fun evening but technically a horribly ugly looking movie to be honest... One would think that Mr Obi Emelonye would be a much better filmmaker by now.

If you 'badly' want to see it it is on Distrify - https://distrify.com/films/7176
NO, I DIDNT MEAN THE MESSENGER. A MOVIE THEY ARE ADVERTISING OVER HERE, THE TITLE ''RUMUOKANI'', ITS STRICLY BY IV

1 Like

Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by VillageBoi(m): 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
click2cbn: NO, I DIDNT MEAN THE MESSENGER. A MOVIE THEY ARE ADVERTISING OVER HERE, THE TITLE ''RUMUOKANI'', ITS STRICLY BY IV
Ah, ok.
Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by viruz007(m): 1:01am On Nov 29, 2013
Illuminatus:
I understand that they're running a business, but if I can't afford it, I won't attend it. They've got to understand the damonic condition of the country and try as much as possible to suit the income per captia of Nigerians. If they produce a movie that can be favourably compared to the likes of Avatar, tag the tickets for 2000, some people will see the movie, but majority of the populace won't because they can't afford it. They'd rather wait for the pirated copy in DVD format. But if the price is within the range of 300 and 700, lots of people will definitely see the movie, assuming the problem of few cinemas is solved.

U have to also understand that getting the tapes cost a lot. I perfectly understand you sha. Just trying to shed an insight
Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by lynx200(m): 8:11am On Nov 29, 2013
Morning people. Thank you so much for your responses. We have gleaned a lot of info from it. The original plan we have at Dreamplay entertainment is in two phases. First we do what is called location viewing where through our website (which is under construction) and social media we ask people what type of films they want to see. (something similar to the website www.demandit.com) Depending on the number of responses we get from any particular area we get a quality venue in that area and show it to the populace at nothing more than N300 per movie. We were hoping to start in Lagos and then spread out to other cities but it seems there's a lot of demand for this from other cities as well so we are trying to tweak the original plan to suit them. We will be kicking off next year. Thank you all for taking time out to air your feelings. Honestly I wasn't expecting this much response in so short a time. If you have anything to say about our plan you can drop it here.
Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by Emmandus(m): 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
well i did pay to watch Being Mrs Elliot recently and it was just great!
Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by lynx200(m): 10:57pm On Nov 10, 2014
Sorry, we have been silent for a while. We've had some challenges along the way therefore we have decided to come out with our mobile phone based VOD (Video on demand) service where you can watch a film that is showing in the cinema at the same time on your phone. We have reached advanced stages in partnering with a phone company (sorry its only one as they wanted an exclusive service) With this service you do not have to pay for data as that has been taken care of. Watch out for our lineup and more details here as we will be opening in December. Watch this space.

1 Like

Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by VillageBoi(m): 11:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
^^^
Nice!!
Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 12, 2014
After seeing movies such as "the meeting" and "tango with me", of course
Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by lynx200(m): 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
Here is an article in a daily newspaper "National daily" where our upcoming Video on demand for mobile phones service was highlighted.http://www.nationaldailyng.com/trends/219-arts-arena/1434-nollywood-hopefuls-target-15m-cinema-visits-per-day
Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by Talius(m): 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2017
lynx200:
Wow! Thanks for the insight guys. Concerning the price we were looking at N300 and we would only screen cinema quality movies not home videos. Keep the responses rolling. Thanks Uj sizzle, Mynd 44, Ogbeche and Nadia.
I'll like to know, Lynx200, did this work?

1 Like

Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by lynx200(m): 7:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
Talius:

I'll like to know, Lynx200, did this work?

We haven't started. Still working on the logistics.
Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by Talius(m): 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
lynx200:

We haven't started. Still working on the logistics.

A long time in planning. Hopefully, it works, it's a good idea.
Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by lynx200(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
Talius:

A long time in planning. Hopefully, it works, it's a good idea.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by Narnah(f): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
Yes I would, it has to be comedy tho
Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by Narnah(f): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
Yes I would, has to be comedy tho
Re: Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? by lari89: 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
I watch more of documentaries on docubay, its actually cheaper than other video-on-demand services available here in Nigeria. You can check it out here https:///3fUrZBT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Killer Bean Or Badoo Omo Mushin..which Do U Prefer / Download Jenifa's Diary Season 10 Episode 6 [real Download] / I Need Some Site To Download Second Chance Telemundo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.