Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,848 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment; Awo&biafra – Adebanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment; Awo&biafra – Adebanjo (830 Views)

Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo / The Mistake Tinubu Made In The APC Marriage – Adebanjo - From Vanguard / Politics Of Development. And Underdevelopment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment; Awo&biafra – Adebanjo by nduchucks: 7:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hmmm, This octogenarian has no reason to lie or revise history. It appears that Awolowo made a conscious decision to starve biafrans for the sole purpose of ending the war. Katsumoto, Prof_Corruption, and others will probably have choice names to call this octogenarian

ELDER STATESMAN and stalwart of the pan-Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, has urged the Igbo and Yoruba ethnic nationalities to join forces and develop the country, arguing that recurring mistrust between them has stunted Nigeria’s socio-economic development.

According to the octogenarian, if the late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe and Chief Obafemi Awolowo had closed ranks, collaborated and ruled Nigeria, the country would have been an oasis of development.

He spoke yesterday in Lagos at the presentation of a 771-page book: “The Untold Story of the Nigeria-Biafra War,” written by Dr Luke Nnaemeka Aneke.

Obafemi Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Ahmadu Bello – founding fathers of Nigeria
Adebanjo picked holes in age-long comments blaming Igbos for the 30-month civil war that claimed about three million lives, saying “When we chronicle the diary of what led to the Nigeria-Biafra war, a lot of people felt the Igbos must be blamed. There is no doubt that mistakes were made but the principle on which war was fought was on the ground of a person who does not want to be cheated.

That is the truth. Ladies and gentlemen, whether we like it or not, we are bound to live together, but I want you to imagine that until the starvation came, the war was on. Following the chronology of this book, Awolowo who was in Gowon’s cabinet, who never wanted the war said, the best way to end this fratricidal war is to stop the food allocation going to the Biafra region, because he said that anything that must allow the war end must be done.

Read the full story here
Re: Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment; Awo&biafra – Adebanjo by Akanbiedu(m): 10:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
Gowon was the military head of state, not Awolowo. The buck stopped with Gowon.

But if people are hellbent on blaming Awolowo, they can go fuuuc-k themselves, including you, suks.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment; Awo&biafra – Adebanjo by nduchucks: 1:39am On Nov 27, 2013
Akanbi_edu: Gowon was the military head of state, not Awolowo. The buck stopped with Gowon.

But if people are hellbent on blaming Awolowo, they can go fuuuc-k themselves, including you, suks.

I knew you are honest enough to admit Awolowo's culpability without trying to obfuscate the truth or revise history. I can excuse your foul language because it must have hurt to make the kind of admission you made.

Gowon has apologized for his part in the war, we are waiting for the Awolowo crew to stand tall and offer their unreserved apologies for their hero's actions. Its time to heal.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment; Awo&biafra – Adebanjo by bloggernaija: 5:51am On Nov 27, 2013
Adebanjo should stop all those revisions.
The Igbos made a play for supreme power as soon as AHMADU BELLO Started his northernisation policy,
That play includes
The first coup
The second coup(ironsi's),
The unitary decree,
Etc
But that crude play for power backfired and that empowered the Hausa/Fulani to use the military to dominate.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment; Awo&biafra – Adebanjo by Akanbiedu(m): 8:16am On Nov 27, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I knew you are honest enough to admit Awolowo's culpability without try to obfuscate the truth or revise history. I can excuse your foul language because it must have hurt to make the kind of admission you made.

Gowon has apologized for his part in the war, we are waiting for the Awolowo crew to stand tall and offer their unreserved apologies for their hero's actions. Its time to heal.

It doesn't hurt me one bit.

Awolowo is dead, so what crew are you talking about? You mean people should apologize on his behalf? have you been drinking that "ogogoro" again? If Gowon has apologized, that should be enough. Afterall, he was the Head of state, and final decision was his.

Personal opinion now, It's the Biafrans that need to apologize, for setting Nigeria back for over fifty years.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment; Awo&biafra – Adebanjo by oilykid(m): 8:55am On Nov 27, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

It doesn't hurt me one bit.

Awolowo is dead, so what crew are you talking about? You mean people should apologize on his behalf? have you been drinking that "ogogoro" again? If Gowon has apologized, that should be enough. Afterall, he was the Head of state, and final decision was his.

Personal opinion now, It's the Biafrans that need to apologize, for setting Nigeria back for over fifty years.
smh for u,so igbos wia d ones dt left nig in dis mess abi
obj,atiku,ibb,gowon,abacha,buhari,awolowo wia all ibos ..tel me sumtin i dont knw dude

(1) (Reply)

When did Borno became Part Of The Middle Belt Not North! / Beautiful Reaction To Can's Allegation To Boko Haram Poisoning Suya / Face Of Tourism Attraction In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.