Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? (44179 Views)

Why Do Igbo People Claim Yoruba Words To Be Theirs? / Why Do Igbo Kids Ignore Elders? / Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:07am On Nov 29, 2013
Sam_Ikenna:

Bro I don't think you're entirely correct. I have asked that question and have delved deep into Igbo culture and history and I can say that the emergence of out-castes in Igboland, even though very minuscule, is a complex one and most often had a lot to do with people who were either heavily indebted or in existential danger and, voluntarily, had to seek protection in many dreaded shrines that spanned the land in those dark ages.

You can see it as filing for bankruptcy kind of thing. The only problem is that once you fail to bail yourself out and seek the protection of community gods/shrines people in the community see you as someone belonging to the dreaded god. They give you a huge space and, alas! you don't need protection anymore. But it turns out you're stuck. However, because Igbos are generally competitive and would avoid shame by all means, folks chose to pay their debt, did their thing, and stayed away from being the property of the gods.

So, when you say "sacrifice," I say its kind of close but not exact. Anyway, who knows. Perhaps other communities had different routes they used to get to the same system. However, at the end of the day Christianity has destroyed the practice just as it destroyed polygamy in Igboland and what's left of the practice has been abolished and the population of Osu is perhaps a thousandth of a percent of Igbo population and I'm really happy for that.

If I find you, the Gods help me......

Ill break your head.

typical stinking christain liar.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

If I find you, the Gods help me......

Ill break your head.

typical stinking christain liar.

Guy, what exactly is your problem? Besides what u've read on the internet, what do u know about osu? Why are u verbally abusing people that understand the system better than u?

And what's ur beef with Abrahamic religions anyway?
Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
Radoillo:

Guy, what exactly is your problem? Besides what u've read on the internet, what do u know about osu? Why are u verbally abusing people that understand the system better than u?

And what's ur beef with Abrahamic religions anyway?

problem? What is my PROBLEM with arbrahamic religions ?

These dirty religions have destroyed my country and not just Nigeria, but half the world.

THAT IS MY PROBLEM.

and even now they have not stopped. islam is blasting everyone up, while christianity is still using those age-old tricks to gain converts.

Can you imagine, even now in the 21st century, missionaries from Sweden are coming to my village and other Arna/Maguzawa communities and are trying to convert us?
They are enticing us with food and money and other aid in return for us to let them preach bible to us and convert us, like as if we are dogs.

TUFIAKWA! angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Sufhkah: 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
Follow this link and you will be happy all the day http://youthwealth.com/index.php?myrefcode=4761
Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by hermesprogidy(m): 1:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
I laughed in spanish when someone commented that igbo women are 'faithful to the end'.. Igbo women are amongst the most adulterous females I've met (largely because they are vain and materialistic) better no deceive yourself..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
Yoruba rocks: According to ibo nairalanders.
All ibo ladies are virgins.
All ibo ladies are good cooks.
All ibo ladies have good character.
Any beautiful girl i approach on the street is definately gonna be ibo.
You can only but laugh at their inane stupidity where is Oduaboy and italiano 1 when you need them.
Guy they are hiding because they know the truth..... ask why obasanjo son rush go collect one Ada Adasharp sharp b4 we change mind grin cool

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by tonychristopher: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
JUST TO ENSURE THAT IGBO GENES DONT GET SPILLED ANYHOW, WE VALUIE OUR CULTURES AND IF IGBOS ARE TO MARRY OUUTSIDE ITS EITHER CALABAR AXIS AND DELTA AXIS. COS OF THE SIMILARITY OF OUR CULTURE. ANYTHING FROM EDO, IS A RISKY VENTURE .... INSHORT MOST WOMEN FROM THE WESTERN AXIS TO BENIN DONT VALUE MARRIAGE, THE CHEAT AND INFEDILITY IS A NORM ...SO STAY AWAY FROM THEM, WE IGBO GUYS. WE DO MARRY FROM DELTA STASTE DOWNWARDS TO EFIK

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by tonychristopher: 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
ANOTHER REASON IS THIS

The creatures called yoruba girls are a very unique bunch. When i mean unique, i mean UNIQUE (their habits and acts are unique o them alone). They are extremely promiscuous. Their promiscuity knows no bounds. Their males are no different. Yoruba girls can open their vulvas for anything that has a hanging rod in their groin area. Also yoruba girls are so local/razz. Gaddem!!! their locality knows o bound. they have no finesse at all in their behaviors. also they r filthy and their homes are equally filthy. A yoruba girl could look really fly in her dressing and outlook but her abode always gives her away. Pls i wanna ask, is having filthy houses a yoruba thingy? Anyone married to a yoruba girl, i pity. this is because your children almost have different fathers. Also why does it seem that thses days most yoruba marriages break-up? and why is infidelity or screwing around ALWAYS the cause.

Yoruba girls, your the dirtiest creatures ever know to man.

I THINK THAT'S ONE OF THE REASONS, I KNOW HOW MANY TIMES WHEN THEY HAVE CONVINCED MY FRIENDS WIFE TO CHEAT, A YORUBA WOMAN IN MY STREET, THE HUSBAND WAS SICK, SHE DUMPED HIM IN VILLAGE AND MARRIED ANOTHER MAN, SHE ATTENDS JEHOVA WITNESS, WHAT OF MY NEIGHBOUR THAT IS AROUND 60 SHE IS HERE IN LAGOS AND HERT HUSBAND IS IN VILLAGE, WHAT OF MY OTHER NEIGHBOUR THAT RAN OUT FROM HER HUSBAND AND CAME BACK TO HER ILE BABA ... WE CALL HE MRS ILE BABA MI, SHE BRINGS IN DIFFERENT MEN INTO HER DAD HOUSE IN FRONT OF KIDS.

NOT THAT IGBOS DON'T CHEAT, BUT THEY VALUE MARRRIAGES, SO MARRYING A YORUBA WOMAN IS SUICIDAL. I CAN TRY IT, I WONT ADVISE ANY IGBO MAN TO DO IT.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
tonychristopher: ANOTHER REASON IS THIS

The creatures called yoruba girls are a very unique bunch. When i mean unique, i mean UNIQUE (their habits and acts are unique o them alone). They are extremely promiscuous. their promiscuity knows no bounds. their males are no different. yoruba girls can open their vulvas for anyhing that has a hanging rod in their groin area. Also yoruba girls are so local/razz. Gaddem!!! their locality knows o bound. they have no finesse at all in their behaviors. also they r filthy and their homes are equally filthy. A yoruba girl could look really fly in her dressing and outlook but her abode always gives her away. Pls i wanna ask, is having filthy houses a yoruba thingy? Anyone married to a yoruba girl, i pity. this is because your children almost have different fathers. Also why does it seem that thses days most yoruba marriages break-up? and why is infidelity or screwing around ALWAYS the cause.

yoruba girls, you r the dirtiest creatures ever know to man.

Igbo girls chop knuckle jor. una try. they say igbo girls are greedy, but i have noticed that it only the brokeass guys that say so cos YOU CANT AFFORD IGBO GIRLS. yoruba girls are easier for the taking cos you can get 5 of 'em for a kobo. AFTERALL, IF YOU CANT AFFORD CREAM DOUGHNUT(IGBO GIRLS), AGEGE BREAD(YORUBA GIRLS) IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
O boy, you dey find trouble oh *jumps out* grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by tonychristopher: 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
PocketEconomist: O boy, you dey find trouble oh *jumps out* grin grin cheesy

I AM JUST PASSING NOT A TENANT BUT A PASSERBY LOL
Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

problem? What is my PROBLEM with arbrahamic religions ?

These dirty religions have destroyed my country and not just Nigeria, but half the world.

THAT IS MY PROBLEM.

and even now they have not stopped. islam is blasting everyone up, while christianity is still using those age-old tricks to gain converts.

Can you imagine, even now in the 21st century, missionaries from Sweden are coming to my village and other Arna/Maguzawa communities and are trying to convert us?
They are enticing us with food and money and other aid in return for us to let them preach bible to us and convert us, like as if we are dogs.

TUFIAKWA! angry
guy I can see you and your villagers are trying to say you are better than God. Be careful make lucifer no go use your soul dance skelewu .
Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by tintingz(m): 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
gratiaeo:
Eyaaa it de paper you? Take some chill water ok!
Btw, Igbo have got quality ladies like Okonjo Iweala, Oby Ezekwesiri, Oduah, Alison Mmadueke, Ekwunife, almighty Dora Akunyele, Joy Emeodi the numbers is endless, who have Hausa got?
LOLZ I'm talking about beauty and good character women, this one is posting wannabe women grin SMH...
Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by tintingz(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2013

The creatures called yoruba girls are a very unique bunch. When i mean unique, i mean UNIQUE (their habits and acts are unique o them alone). They are extremely promiscuous. Their promiscuity knows no bounds. Their males are no different. Yoruba girls can open their vulvas for anything that has a hanging rod in their groin area. Also yoruba girls are so local/razz. Gaddem!!! their locality knows o bound. they have no finesse at all in their behaviors. also they r filthy and their homes are equally filthy. A yoruba girl could look really fly in her dressing and outlook but her abode always gives her away. Pls i wanna ask, is having filthy houses a yoruba thingy? Anyone married to a yoruba girl, i pity. this is because your children almost have different fathers. Also why does it seem that thses days most yoruba marriages break-up? and why is infidelity or screwing around ALWAYS the cause.

I THINK THAT'S ONE OF THE REASONS, I KNOW HOW MANY TIMES WHEN THEY HAVE CONVINCED MY FRIENDS WIFE TO CHEAT, A YORUBA WOMAN IN MY STREET, THE HUSBAND WAS SICK, SHE DUMPED HIM IN VILLAGE AND MARRIED ANOTHER MAN, SHE ATTENDS JEHOVA WITNESS, WHAT OF MY NEIGHBOUR THAT IS AROUND 60 SHE IS HERE IN LAGOS AND HERT HUSBAND IS IN VILLAGE, WHAT OF MY OTHER NEIGHBOUR THAT RAN OUT FROM HER HUSBAND AND CAME BACK TO HER ILE BABA ... WE CALL HE MRS ILE BABA MI, SHE BRINGS IN DIFFERENT MEN INTO HER DAD HOUSE IN FRONT OF KIDS.

NOT THAT IGBOS DON'T CHEAT, BUT THEY VALUE MARRRIAGES, SO MARRYING A YORUBA WOMAN IS SUICIDAL. I CAN TRY IT, I WONT ADVISE ANY IGBO MAN TO DO IT.
hehehe ironically with the crap you posted, most ibo girls do ashewo business...abeg come down to lagos if you don't live there and see your ibo sisters in brothels...smh

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Mujah1deen: 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
tintingz: hehehe ironically with the crap you posted, most ibo girls do ashewo business...abeg come down to lagos if you don't live there and see your ibo sisters in brothels...smh
please, I'm not trying to tell you what to do but stop replying them, they will lead you to tribalism and Islam is against tribalism .Do not mind them .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by collynzo2(m): 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by tintingz(m): 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
ngozievergreen:

What's with u saying Igbo gals go to Italy for whoring?
Don't u know d ppl that do it?
Who are the people that who;re most in nigeria? Are they not the ibo girls? undecided

What am against is making ONE tribe look special as if other tribe are not special? That's illogical.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Psychedelia(m): 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2013

The creatures called yoruba girls are xxxxxxxxx...

"Wetin make Igbo man to not regularly look outside for love?"

And your answer na to start attacking Yoruba girls... undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by tintingz(m): 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mujah1deen: please, I'm not trying to tell you what to do but stop replying them, they will lead you to tribalism and Islam is against tribalism .Do not mind them .
Thanks bro...am not even doing the tribalistic ish...I'm against when some people make their tribe look special and say/post many lies about other tribes.

Once again thanks for this reply smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Mujah1deen: 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
tintingz: Thanks bro...am not even doing the tribalistic ish...I'm against when some people make their tribe look special and say/post many lies about other tribes.

Once again thanks for this reply smiley
you are welcome and thank you for your understanding.
May Allah forgive them.
Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by tonychristopher: 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
Since on Sunday when Peter Okoye and Lola Omotayo had their traditional marriage, a lot of stories has been flying around as to the reason why majority of Peter Okoye’s family were not present at the marriage of their very prosperous son. OluFamous.Com decided to stay away from the story until we know more.
At last, a report has come out, exposing the crux of the matter. See the revelations below…
According the NET: On Sunday, November 17, 2013, Lagos stood still for Psquare‘s Peter Okoye and fiancée Lola Omotayo as the couple held their traditional wedding ceremony, surprisingly elder brother Jude Okoye was missing. Social network has been buzzing.
The twins’ publicist Bayo Adetu said Jude was missing at the wedding because he was stuck in Ghana. Psquare had performed in Accra, Ghana at the ‘Glo and Bounce Slide‘ tour the night before. Adetu says Jude missed his flight and couldn’t get back to Lagos in time for the nuptials.
But a source who was part of another artiste’s entourage to Ghana for the concert says Jude Okoye did NOT travel to Ghana. ‘We didn’t see him, the twins were here with their band but we didn’t see Jude‘, a source said.
There are few instances pointing to the fact that Jude did not travel with his Pop star twin brothers to Ghana for the concert: Jude, a regular user of photo sharing Instagram never fails to post photos of their trip outside Nigeria – there were no photos of him aboard the airplane heading to GH, photos of the twins performing
at the concert.
One source asks: ‘If he was truly stuck in Ghana, wouldn’t he have even lamented on Twitter like D’banj?‘.
Instead Jude posted a photo of himself and Wizkid in the studio. The picture is believed to have been taken a
night before at the Mavin Records studio where he had been working with Don Jazzy, Dr SID, Phyno and others. Inside sources in the Okoye family revealed that Jude Okoye and a few other family members did not support their brother’s marriage to his baby mama Lola Omotayo. Some sources also also claim their late mother never supported the relationship too.
“Jude and some others don’t like her. They never gave their blessing for the marriage. Paul too, but he is his
twin. Other family members who were there were reluctant to attend. Jude didn’t go because he never supported the idea from day one”, a family source tells us.
Some of the Okoye family members have even gone as far as insinuating that Lola Omotayo has allegedly
constantly cheated on Peter Okoye. It was gathered there have been demands for a DNA test to really
ascertain whether his children Cameron and Aliona are truly his. “It’s that serious, they claim Lola sleeps around with her so called ‘uncles’, they want a DNA test done, they just want to protect their brother.”
This allegations have not been confirmed, and Adetu insists there are no issues, stressing that Jude was only MIA because he was stuck in Ghana. One of the couple’s friends also told us all these are ‘wicked rumours’.
‘Wicked, false rumours. Nothing can be more false and distasteful. They should leave them alone and let them have peace…’
Lola currently lives in a mansion in Park View estate, Ikoyi. The Okoyes are currently building their new home somewhere not to far from there. It is uncertain where the couple will make their home.
Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=132668
Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by bassdow: 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
But like Seriously, it isn't just the IGBO men that don't like to marry outside IGBO. Even IGBO LADIES don't wanna marry a Yoruba MAn cos they always complain that YoRuBa MEN are not Caring like the IGBO MEN; abi na lie I talk? I know a lot of women will support me on this.

From my observation, it's easier for an IGBO man to marry a Yoruba Lady or any other Tribe than for an IGBO LADY to marry outside IGBO. Even the "I missed my period" trick women play to get a man into marrying them has very little effect when it involves an IGBO MAN with a woman from another TRIBE especially the Yoruba's.
That is why despite marrying a YORUBA LADY is almost FREE if not totally FREE, AN IGBO MAN will still Struggle and Hustle to make money in order to marry an IGBO LADY.
So you should know that there is a reason why some one will prefer to Pay for something He can easily get for free else where.
Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
googlepikin: guy I can see you and your villagers are trying to say you are better than God. Be careful make lucifer no go use your soul dance skelewu .

We never said that. Stop putting words in my mouth.

But We are Certainly better than your jew man-gods.
Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
many dumb ppl have access to the internet these dAys
Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
Please take a look at Nairaland posts and you will see why Igbos dont marry from other tribes. You cannot eat your cake and still have it. The hatred in Nigeria is too much and mostly directed at Igbos FROM EVERY TRIBE. The Igbo man is under constant attack from everyone, pray tell, how do you expect him to be sleeping with the enemy?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Nobody: 3:45am On Dec 02, 2013
CHESSBOARD:
Guy they are hiding because they know the truth..... ask why obasanjo son rush go collect one Ada Adasharp sharp b4 we change mind grin cool

Dem say the boy mama na Igbo woman ,dem say she died
The boy simply went to his mother's people to find better

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Saraha1(f): 9:38am On Dec 02, 2013
These topic get as he be oh.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Tbken: 11:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
tintingz: When I said "yam lags" I mean thick big lags most ibo girls are endowed with that and it is not sexy at all.
They are the most sexy besides i havent noticed any thing like that on ma sisters and friendz
Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Roda94(f): 12:45am On Dec 05, 2013

angry undecided What utter crap and drivel. Unless you have met EVERY Yoruba woman desist from saying such jargon. Your tribe does not affect your chances of success in marriage, the onus is on YOU. Stop shouting out about their 'rubbish' . And as for dirtiness? Another lie. You have to ask yourself what kind of man you are to be attracting these sort of women. I'm fed up of these stupid generalizations.

Signed~ An angry Yoruba woman

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Mujah1deen: 12:51am On Dec 05, 2013
Lol
Re: Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? by Tbken: 1:14am On Dec 05, 2013
Roda94:

angry undecided What utter crap and drivel. Unless you have met EVERY Yoruba woman desist from saying such jargon. Your tribe does not affect your chances of success in marriage, the onus is on YOU. Stop shouting out about their 'rubbish' . And as for dirtiness? Another lie. You have to ask yourself what kind of man you are to be attracting these sort of women. I'm fed up of these stupid generalizations.

Signed~ An angry Yoruba woman
you people dont like wearing pants when going out,and too lousy also

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Two Masquerades Pictured Riding By On A Motorcycle In Kogi State / The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom / Outrage As Nigerians Perform Traditional Rituals Publicly In South Africa.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.