Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

What Is Dating And Courtship All About? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Dating And Courtship All About? (1479 Views)

Dating And Courtship In Islam / Marriage: Does The Length Of Courtship Matter ? / My Wife Is Dating Her Boss. Pls Help Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Dating And Courtship All About? by akindaves(m): 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2006
let me hear your views. is it compulsory before marriage?
Re: What Is Dating And Courtship All About? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2006
if u don't wonna Court then U're basically Saying U're going to marry a lady the[b] moment[/b] U set eyes on her??!!!!!!
Re: What Is Dating And Courtship All About? by hotangel2(f): 4:38pm On Jun 15, 2006
getting to know each other BETTER! That's what it's all about.
Re: What Is Dating And Courtship All About? by Shagari2(m): 7:17pm On Jun 15, 2006
You meet someone you like and she likes you, you date 1st, the odd cinema the odd restuarant then you get serious you start courting than you get engaged (still courting) than you get married you have children you get bored than you divorce, whats there to explain?  wink
Re: What Is Dating And Courtship All About? by Nosu(m): 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2006
Divorce wasn't part of God plan for marriage , so when going into marriage ur mindset should be to stay in the institution till death do u part.

Courtship is as important as going thru college/secondary school before going into the university, the former qualifies u for the latter, so courtship tells how far the partners can go in marriage.
it is a time of getting to know each other better. Marriage is more than loving each other, it also entails understanding each other. there is conflict in any relationship when there is no understanding , even if both parties love each other.

these are the ffg reasons why courtship is a must;

1. u get to know each other-weakness and strength
2. know how to complement each other
3. understanding eschother
4. know how to tolerate each other weakness
5. understanding each other background
6. understanding each other needs and interest etc.

so dear, it is very important ,don't ignore the process. everything in life is a process. so pls following the process so that u don't rush into it and rush out.
Re: What Is Dating And Courtship All About? by thelma2(f): 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2006
It's a period where you get to know if you can actually leave with each other as man and wife. so it's very neccesary.
Re: What Is Dating And Courtship All About? by Shagari2(m): 4:50pm On Jun 16, 2006
Shagari2:

you get married you have children you get bored than you divorce, whats there to explain?

@Nosu, it's called 'humour' pastor wink
Re: What Is Dating And Courtship All About? by Nosu(m): 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2006
@ Shagari2
l see,
But u might just be misleading people, because some might take that statement serious.

am sorry for that, l was only trying to correct that statement
Re: What Is Dating And Courtship All About? by kticks(m): 7:33pm On Apr 12, 2007
It is just a period 4 u to Bleep and explore each others sexual expertise. simple. cool
Re: What Is Dating And Courtship All About? by adeboo(f): 9:37pm On Apr 14, 2007
It would be necessary to know the person you wanna spend the rest of your life with.

So yes its not only important, its a MUST.
Re: What Is Dating And Courtship All About? by WilderPeters: 12:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
Yes, I agree with you, and I think people should understand this sooner. That's why I recommend them to check out this dating site blog, and learn as much about this as possible.
Re: What Is Dating And Courtship All About? by Baueress: 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
WilderPeters:
Yes, I agree with you, and I think people should understand this sooner. That's why I recommend them to check out this dating site blog, and learn as much about this as possible.

Why bump an old thread. You smoke?

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Do? / Why Honey-moon? / Will You Disown Your G.A.Y SON/ LES.BIAN GIRL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.