Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,115 members, 7,807,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

My Mum's Use Of Words..please Advice. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum's Use Of Words..please Advice. (3582 Views)

Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" / You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum's Use Of Words..please Advice. by Ishilove: 12:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nashville: No mother should talk to a child above the age of 21 in that manner. It shows bad and failed parenting to want to slap a 21 year old adult. You are old enough to have your own children and how would your children look at you if your mum still slaps you or threathens to slap you? What did she expect? That you will cringe in fear? The joy of parenting is to see their adult children living fruitful lives and independent of their parents not having children they can still slap at will.

Poster, dont worry, disagreements will always happen. Your mum will still pick your call. If she gets angry and says you are rude, you can apologise for peace sake but I am sure you have passed your message!
Smh.
Re: My Mum's Use Of Words..please Advice. by simdam500(m): 12:04am On Jul 07, 2014
At first I was opposing you but the part where you stress 30yrs of age convince me not to fully support you but blame her if she does that outside......

She's your mum, o da eje le e Lori ....... And even some words are easier said than done..... She might not mean the action
Re: My Mum's Use Of Words..please Advice. by royalnikita(f): 9:31am On Jul 07, 2014
[quote author=sauer]People react to the things depending on what state of mind they are in. I think she was probably concerned about something completely different, and exercised anger based on this. Not necessarily based on what transpired between you two.
You need to find out what exactly she's facing. It would seem to me she wants to discuss something and probably needs attention.

I was tot in skul dat der is a rlatnshp btwn ur state of mind nd d language u use.
The psychological disposition of a person determines d language he or she uses.
So jxt bear wt her cos she wasn't in a gud mood, dat may hv caused d outburst.
Thank you.
Re: My Mum's Use Of Words..please Advice. by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2014
@op....OKRO nor dey big pass e owner oo....if okro too long d owner go bend am pluck oo....let me tell u something....your mother can even hold your ears in d presence of ur friends even when u at 40...dats d highest respect she deserves from u at dat stage(that is if ur mother does dat)..a doctor was in d hospital working...when his parents walked in to visit him....and the parents of dis doctor are midget...dey sent for d boy..and d boy said dey should wait for ten minutes...d parent did waited for him....going to an hour...d guy dint show up...dey called him..and he was like he forgot dat dey came...dat he was inside d office arranging files...d parents ended d call....d boy just walked down straight to meet d parent...immediately he got dere...prostrated on d floor begging for dier forgiveness.... even at dat...d dad gave him a knock on d head...in a matured way tho....and every body were amazed....even d staffs were like wats goin on here....and d guy introduced his parent to d staffs and even patient dat were standing at d scene...dis is a grown up man...dat has achieved alot in life...still prostrating bfore his parent and even recieving a knock....i know say if na u @op....u go inject ur parents with acid just cos dey gave u a knock in d presence of ur pipo....make i tell u...RESPECT IS EARNED....is not given......ur mum has earned d respect from u by training u up etc....only ur parent have d right to shout at u in public...dey are ur parents...but if any intruder comes in and said such words to u even at dis ur attained age....u fit even cut d person head self...if u wish....dats y i love yoruba peeps...even as u c fashola d lagos state governor so.....e mama and papa still get say over am....and em go still prostrate bfor dem...anytime anyday...how much more u....GO AND APOLOGIZE TO YOUR MUM....
Re: My Mum's Use Of Words..please Advice. by destante(f): 9:51am On Oct 24, 2014
I suppose you are a Yoruba man nau.
Your mum couldn't have slapped you literally now.
she said that to just show her authority that is still over you.
in my opinion, just talk her into not getting annoyed with you again. I can't say apologise because you haven't said much wrong too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Help Urgently! (For Sale) / For Effective Family Happiness And Peace, By Funke Adejumo(a MUST READ) / I Need Social Service's Contact For Child/slave/maid Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.