Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,571 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... (40475 Views)

Do It Yourself Exportation Business Guide Free - Season The Nitty Gritty. / What Business Is The Most Profitable To Invest In Nigeria / Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 8:03am On Nov 27, 2013
Do you know you can export stuff as small in size as BAGCO super sack...just learn the KNOW HOW...I will like us discuss here and the know how will be taught free....ask questions and answers are readily available.

1 Like

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by theodavid: 8:18am On Nov 27, 2013
Hw and wat are the necessary steps to export agricultural products and hw to get buyers

1 Like

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 8:23am On Nov 27, 2013
Hey Theodavid...that I can say is even the simplest of all..do you know that over 400 agricultural pdts are readily available in nigeria for export...it depend on the state you live in, but if you are really ready these are things we can discuss here on this platform no hidden bars..

2 Likes

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by theodavid: 8:27am On Nov 27, 2013
Am with you please i nid ur help on it and i believe others will benefit from it
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Chidonsky: 8:41am On Nov 27, 2013
@op can 1 export food products like,garri,yam,beans,bitter leaf,infact what other product and how does 1 export them
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 9:17am On Nov 27, 2013
@ chidonsky..yes you can, infact these are the major things people export in bit quantity, they are packaged with small amount of money here and according to specifications by the buyers..for example yams are sold at the rate of 130 - 150usd per pallet in the united states ( a pallet contains about 40tubers and it weighs about 25kg), therefor the export price per tuber will be 3.25 - 3.75usd per tuber and the local price ranges from 100 - 200 naira that means the return on investment is about 61.4percent

3 Likes

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Jbrain88: 9:41am On Nov 27, 2013
I luv to go in2 dis biz,bt i feel is too xpensive n d port autorities makes it hard,bt if there is realy a way out i wil go in2 it wit al i got.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 10:07am On Nov 27, 2013
@jbrain88, I really do understand you, its just the way the so called gurus in the business have made it look...but I tell you that its really an easy business that has its own rule..all games has got rules thou..so if you follow the right steps that have been untold by the people in the game, you will definitely fly..ask questions on what you don't know about the business and you will be shocked that things are quit easy and cheap doing this business..take my words.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 10:15am On Nov 27, 2013
The moment people hear about export business, what comes to their mind is that its only millionaires that are involved...that is not true at all..people can do this business with money as low as 70 - 100k even lesser it depends on what you are into...

Do you know how many nigerians abroad that have not taken akpu for so long and are ready to buy but don't have it around the...just think of that..or are you going to exporting akpu with a million naira...at most akpu of 20k will fetch you like 400percent of your initial investment if you get it to where its needed..food for thought...we need to wake up

8 Likes

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Chidonsky: 11:33am On Nov 27, 2013
@lizu..hw can 1 start this business as in,hw do we export them?..which company can 1 use 2 export them that is reliable and cheap with their services...pls i need ur direction have been looking for this opportunity 4 a very long time,am happy to stumble on ur thread...what other rules govern the business.

1 Like

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Chidonsky: 11:56am On Nov 27, 2013
@lizu,hw do we locate buyers of this product we are exporting...how reliable are the buyers..do we export it to them with the hope of getting our money later after the goods has reached them or their destinations?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
@chidonsky.., doing this business only takes some steps, which has to be understood and followed...but basically, the drive has to be there, I have to be sincere with you, be ready to always go out there to search and compare items where is of cheaper price and all.
After this you don't buy the item not until you have secured a buyer for it.
This is where the work is, getting buyers for this stufff you are exporting comes in different ways...like one of it is getting your buyers through your account officers in the bank, if you have a relative abroad that is willing to help you secure a contract (d best form),through chamber of commerce of different embassy, through reliable forwarding agents, through port agents e.t.c and your payment is secured in as much as your part has been played properly as specified..let me know if you have other questions..but please I will like you to take it slow and comprehend all I say to you..articles will be out soon on this thread...for free thou so you can always read more, okay but meanwhile if you have anything you will like to know before then, feel free to ask.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by creamdreams: 12:13am On Nov 28, 2013
Feels good to stumble on this thread at this time. Just earlier today I & my friend were discussing the chances & opportunities with exporting from Nigeria. We are really pumped up about it & I would definitely be waiting for what you have to say. Knowledge is Power. Enuf thanks for your effort.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Chidonsky: 7:11am On Nov 28, 2013
@lizu,since i dnt have any of the above link u said on how to reach out 2 a buyer,what other measures are available..i will wait 4 ur articles 2, if that would buttress all ideas related 2 export,that covers every aspect of our need to kick off the business

2 Likes

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 8:40am On Nov 28, 2013
@chidonsky...the reason why those links are stands as the best way or move to get buyers is because those of people or agents would have records of dealings of real and authentic buyers that would have passed through their desk in one way or the other..do you understand because the whole world is full of scams and fraud so its not always adviceable to get buyers through the internet due to what the world has turn to, but using or going through this type of medium, you are rest assured that which ever contact u are given is real cos the contact must have had dealing with someone in nigeria for the chamber or agent to have his or her contact with them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 8:47am On Nov 28, 2013
@creamdreams..you r welcom on board..u see export business is not what people think it is....its not as if its a child's play but all the same its not as hard or you have to be a millionaire before you venture into it, all you need is just determination and be ready to go out, make enquiries and all..I believe you are already following the thread..as we go if you have questions on anything you don't understand, feel free to ask..I will be coming up with free articles very soon on the discussed platform, but meanwhile am still very much here to give out little tips and answer questions from people.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 9:02am On Nov 28, 2013
Part of what I discussed or mentioned yesterday, which I considered the best form of getting buyers is having someone or a willing relative abroad, that can help to scout for buyers, I believe we all understand what I mean...there is going to be a 101percent on every move u make on the business...be it specification, delivery and even payment.

1 Like

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by luv4real(f): 9:06am On Nov 28, 2013
Following....
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 9:19am On Nov 28, 2013
In this export business, we have what we call Offer letter...this is written to the buyer after one has been gotten, the letter is to give out the description of the food item you are exporting to him or her..a free sample will be given late in the article, this letter talks about the delivery time, price, pdt specification, terms of sale, quantity e.t.c this is a step that has to be taken to ensure safety through the business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Kamkamdd: 1:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
Great wk bro.I've bn making researches on hw 2 go into exporting food stuffs etc.4rm d information i've gotten,d exporter need to meet certain specifications & requirements 4rm FDA,NAFDAC,NEPC etc. b/4 d guds 'll be allowed for export.Dis is where my problem is.I'm planning 2 register with AMEN but will dat solve d problem?
Emeka!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 3:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
@kamkamd...tnx for d complements..the business is very lucrative no doubt but it involves steps as I have earlier written..there are two steps you are mixing up here...SPECIFICATION and CERTIFICATION...specification is done by the buyer while certification is done by the seller..which means if the buyer has told you his or her specification on how he or she wants the goods or pdts, then when you have gotten the items, then you go to the necessary/required institution or agent for certification, so you won't have to send what is not health worthy to your buyer oversea...do you understand...
Nb...we have different agency for different types of certifications

As for NEPC...this is nigerian export promotion council...you only obtain an export liscense here...and its not needed for all types of export..I will talk more on that as we drive on to our export business success. Questions and critics are welcome.

3 Likes

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by creamdreams: 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
Thanks op..
I have noticed the mention of agencies & licensing requirements. Are these mandatory requirements before one can begin this business?
Please categorically tell us what we need to have or put in place before the golden commencement of this business.

PS: Yu are a very good master of suspence. You've had me glued to this topic more than any. I really can't wait till I start seeing your actual steps on how to go about this exportation.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
@creamdreams...lols..am not trying to put anyone under suspence but trying to make everyone in this forum reading what am writting to comprehend it properly, dats y am not rushing things for now, but you have aksed..its very necessary and compulsory for everyone exporting through air freight to do certification from agency that is concern because there are different agencies for different items..will talk more on that later...but as for export liscense, its only needed when exporting through sea (I.e in large quantity in containers) and this is important because there are insentives from the government to exporters after sometime and to collect it d export liscense is one of the documents needed to claim it. Do you understnd all av said here. Questions and critics are welcome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Kamkamdd: 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tanx 4 putting me thru.Anoda issue dat gives me concern is that most of d activities involved in exporting is done in Lagos.How posible is it 4 dos of us outside Lagos 2 engage in dis biz?
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by jummyontop(f): 11:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
Thank you @Lizu,pls can you help highlight the steps needed as simple as a lay man would understand? For instance, taking the already mentioned akpu as a case study.
1.Do we need a registered company's name to do this?
2.Assuming we've gotten a buyer,give us a sample offer letter.
3.After d buyer's specification,tell us what we will do,how to get approvals/what conditions we will have to meet before our product is slated for export.
4.The charges on products.
5.How we will get paid,and is it before or after the exportation?

I will appreciate you response on all these and more.
You are doing a great job brother!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by creamdreams: 6:02am On Nov 29, 2013
lizu: @creamdreams...lols..am not trying to put anyone under suspence but trying to make everyone in this forum reading what am writting to comprehend it properly, dats y am not rushing things for now, but you have aksed..its very necessary and compulsory for everyone exporting through air freight to do certification from agency that is concern because there are different agencies for different items..will talk more on that later...but as for export liscense, its only needed when exporting through sea (I.e in large quantity in containers) and this is important because there are insentives from the government to exporters after sometime and to collect it d export liscense is one of the documents needed to claim it. Do you understnd all av said here. Questions and critics are welcome
Lol don't mind me, I appreciate what your doing for us. I also understand everything you replied. Tho the licensing was one part, my main question was you to tell us what we would need to have or put in place before we can say we are ready to start the export biz.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 8:29am On Nov 29, 2013
@kamakamdd..may be that y its called the centre of excellence..lols..nywaz am not campaigning on behalf of lagos state...but what I can say to that will just be a repeatition to what have said before..this is a business that requires sacrifies and lots of going out..if you are thinking of yourself not staying in lagos, am very sure some peoplethat lives in lagos and will have to go out of lagos to get their items so everyone has one or two sacrifies to make...the more dats how the offer price is being calculated....questions and critics are welcome
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Alexyem(m): 8:56am On Nov 29, 2013
Following you bumber to bumber

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by taiwolola(m): 11:40am On Nov 29, 2013
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 1:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
@jummyontop..tnx for d complements, its seems u sound like ur really ready for d show...lols, but I will like to let you know that all the questions will be treated accordingly cos they r important, but I will want us to thread gently so we can all carry ourselves along, n moreso u knw nigerians watever I say here will be quoted by people that won't even take their time to digest things they have heard
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 9:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
@jummyontop...Registered company name.....it is very okay to have a registered company but you dont use it in all cases of export business..what is mean is that, you can only use it when your are doing a large quantity of export and you will have to use the sea medium to transport your items...in this case the need for an export liscence will be required and there is no how you can obtain that without having a registered company name.
but in the case of air freight, you might not need it because you will have t hand over the items at a certain time to a trusted forwarding agent of your choice, so you use your personal name as the sender of the goods or company name, so it depends.

a free sample of an offer letter will be published in my article later, so be on the alert for that

after the buyer has given you his or her specifications..i.e how he wants it to be, ten you go and procure the goods as specified by the buyer ( you dont buy your stuffs before getting specifications), then after which you go the necessary agency for certification, the type of item you are sending will determine the agency you will go to for certification, if you are done with that, then you should be ready to send out your stuffs.

there are no charges or what so ever to be paid on any item to anybody asides the one you will have to pay at the agency during the certification

there are different ways of payment, this will be a serious topic on its own that has to be treated properly so dont make a mistake while doing the transaction...i hope this is understood....questions and critics are welcome

2 Likes

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by BOss31(m): 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2013
@lizu,can I send my products through post office.someone said 30kg is 40,000.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) / Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 / 10 Things You’ll Find In The Handbag Of A Female Bank Marketer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.