Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... (40469 Views)

Do It Yourself Exportation Business Guide Free - Season The Nitty Gritty. / What Business Is The Most Profitable To Invest In Nigeria / Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Debesther: 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
HI BROS I AM ENJOYING UR TREND. HOW CAN MY ACCOUNT OFFICER GET A BUYER FOR ME?.PLS LET KNOW SO I CAN TALK TO MY ACCOUNT OFFICER
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by spotmataz: 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
@OP, this is a great job, being looking out for this information. I am following so can be updated, I don't have new questions now but will definitely ask if one arises...

Waiting for the articles.

Thanks
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by kenraj(m): 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
@OP... This is a very good and enlightening topic you have brought up. I basically deal in this topic but mine is different in this way. I study in Russia and I bring my stuff personally to Russia and I sell. This is what I've lived on ever since I came to Russi and I say glory to God today. Buh really it's a very hectic dealing for me cos Russia is not very encouraging. I started by sending my stuff through Post office and it got to a point that it's either I don't receive my goods or they get them returned which I think they have seen the goods as commercial good instead of for personal usage which I always declare and henceforth, i've been shuttling between Nigeria ever since then bringing my stuff myself or where I have to send someone to?9ja 2 bring my stuff when am tied with school stuff and this is quiet expensive for me. I've looked for means to send in very large bulk which is never enterprising as Russia organisation's in terms of courier services and shipping have hindered either by charging large amount of money or demanding some kinda rubbish like been uin a possession of a Russian passport thereby making you pay tax on commercial activities.
Do you have any link to sending stuff to Russia?
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by 2baga(m): 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
lets see how it goes,would love to take advantage of this export thingy shocked shocked shocked
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by jamp: 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
This guy just hold people for brocos. When will u start unleashing the article.

Guys shine ur eyesooo. From article to phone number then to account number.

#justsayingtogingerhim
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by daymaster(m): 2:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
thank for d info so far bro. am following big time
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by tafrica(m): 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
Kindly outline the bodies that accredit different products; say food items, leafy items, drinks and so on.
Thanks
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
This sounds good but do you mean an offer letter..if that what you r talking about, that means you dnt need it again, the function of the offer letter is just to describe your pdt and even introduce you formally to your buyer, and other modalities that surrounds the transaction, after this, you go for certification and take note, you are doing the certification at the Health certifying agency..this is directly under nafdac..because garri is a processed pdt, the office is at yaba nafdac office, its different from plant quarantine agency..am sure you must have discussed the payment term before now...cos that's d koko..I hope av bn able to answer your question sir
Tunjman: Hello Lizu, I already have a market for my product (packaged ijebu garri) in London but I don't know how to go about getting the stuff there...do I still need a letter of specification? Please enlighten me. Thanks
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by 360command: 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
kenraj: I started by sending my stuff through Post office and it got to a point that it's either I don't receive my goods or they get them returned which I think they have seen the goods as commercial good instead of for personal usage which I always declare and henceforth, I've looked for means to send in very large bulk which is never enterprising as Russia organisation's in terms of courier services and shipping have hindered either by charging large amount of money or demanding some kinda rubbish like been uin a possession of a Russian passport thereby making you pay tax on commercial activities.
Do you have any link to sending stuff to Russia?
look no further as your items can be sent to you through UPS delivery. They help small scale business or entrepreneurs export commodities. Tell me what do you actually send (what product)?
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lovelymind(m): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hello lizu pls, before a pdt goes under certification, will you present the sample of the pdt to the agency or will u take the total pdt to the anency for certification . Regards op
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by sconp: 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
Bros pls drop the articles o
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Tweetie(f): 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hi Lizu, I am interested in exporting palm kernel shells to European countries. I heard its lucrative. Kindly give the step by step procedure of how to go about it. Thanks
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Tunjman(m): 3:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
lizu: This sounds good but do you mean an offer letter..if that what you r talking about, that means you dnt need it again, the function of the offer letter is just to describe your pdt and even introduce you formally to your buyer, and other modalities that surrounds the transaction, after this, you go for certification and take note, you are doing the certification at the Health certifying agency..this is directly under nafdac..because garri is a processed pdt, the office is at yaba nafdac office, its different from plant quarantine agency..am sure you must have discussed the payment term before now...cos that's d koko..I hope av bn able to answer your question sir

Thanks for your prompt response, Yeah! meant to type offer letter (thanks for the correction). We have settled the payment term, what is left for me now is how to go about the certification and what comes up after the certification.

PS: I need detailed information on how to go about the certification (will I go to NAFDAC office with a pack of the product or what? what's the cost implication?). Please i await your response.

Thanks.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by kenraj(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
360command: look no further as your items can be sent to you through UPS delivery. They help small scale business or entrepreneurs export commodities. Tell me what do you actually send (what product)?

It ranges from foodstuff, cosmetics, hair extensions, beverages, etc..

Where do I start from and what are the requirements from UPS cos I always have stuff sent from 100kg upward and if they need to be split I don't mind!
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by MightyFortress: 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
OP, nice job! I'm following gradually. My questions will come in due course.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
yes you will have to go with the products...you know how our people are, you can go with samples and they will ask you for the remaining ones..but its very adviceable to do all this the same same you are sending out the package so as to reduce the cost of transportation.
lovelymind: Hello lizu pls, before a pdt goes under certification, will you present the sample of the pdt to the agency or will u take the total pdt to the anency for certification . Regards op
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
in as much as we are trying to be sucessful int his kind of business, we have to be sincere with ourselves that this is nigeria...nothing goes for nothing.. what i mean is that different transactions must have passed through the banks due to different mode of payments that involves the bank, so there for the contact of a buyer must have been documented in the bank, so the business desk of a bank will definately have such contacts and those contacts are very real i hope you understand what am trying to say here...so all you need to do is just talk your bank officer up and he does the rest of the job by getting you contacts...and the rest they say becomes history
Debesther: HI BROS I AM ENJOYING UR TREND. HOW CAN MY ACCOUNT OFFICER GET A BUYER FOR ME?.PLS LET KNOW SO I CAN TALK TO MY ACCOUNT OFFICER

1 Like

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
please dont be crossed with me, this will be done very soon. tnx for the understanding...dont mean any disrecpect.
tafrica: Kindly outline the bodies that accredit different products; say food items, leafy items, drinks and so on.
Thanks
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
please make no mistake..its the office at yaba.. i mean nafadac office at yaba, you are to go to..since its a processed product you are sending and you are paying around 2.5k -3k...dont dull yourself oh.. make dem feel and know that your are not new in the business.
Tunjman:

Thanks for your prompt response, Yeah! meant to type offer letter (thanks for the correction). We have settled the payment term, what is left for me now is how to go about the certification and what comes up after the certification.

PS: I need detailed information on how to go about the certification (will I go to NAFDAC office with a pack of the product or what? what's the cost implication?). Please i await your response.

Thanks.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Tunjman(m): 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
lizu: please make no mistake..its the office at yaba.. i mean nafadac office at yaba, you are to go to..since its a processed product you are sending and you are paying around 2.5k -3k...dont dull yourself oh.. make dem feel and know that your are not new in the business.

What if the product doesn't have nafdac number yet? Please pardon me for the questions.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by ceasare: 4:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
@lizu: good work you are doing here.hope u r not going to sell any scrappy manual at d end of d day cos thats d norms wth all dis export business messiahs they abound online and on d business section of nairaland( i want to bliv u r not 1) dont mind my sceptism as your suspense filled response is always d cheapest luring trucks used by manual marketers(my thoughts though).that you ve given some insightful details regarding d biz shows some level of sincerity on your part(we are still watching though) as most nigerians will definitely not want to show there brother where they r making small change,nigeria in diaspora are not excluded if you knw what i meant.more power to your elbow as dis thread makes one of d best thread on nairaland.
Pls keep d suspense low and break d steps as simple as possible before d thread lost steam and been derailed..i knw what am saying.

Cheers.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by docadams: 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
I am involved with some group of friends in the production of a product that comprises mainly plantain in Delta State. We have gone from one agency to the other looking for e.g NAFDAC certification, quality assurance from FIRRO, analysis at UNIBEN, tools and equipment fabrication in Ibadan in an attempt to achieve a medium scale capacity. Guess what: we ran out of money. Project still in its embryonic stage.
The product is popular in our locality, though.
Following this thread has raised a glimmer of hope.
Bro, carry on, I am following you closely, minute by minute.

1 Like

Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Emmanuel602(m): 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
following
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Kamkamdd: 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
Waiting 4 d article.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
lizu: @chidonsky.., doing this business only takes some steps, which has to be understood and followed...but basically, the drive has to be there, I have to be sincere with you, be ready to always go out there to search and compare items where is of cheaper price and all.
After this you don't buy the item not until you have secured a buyer for it.
This is where the work is, getting buyers for this stufff you are exporting comes in different ways...like one of it is getting your buyers through your account officers in the bank, if you have a relative abroad that is willing to help you secure a contract (d best form),through chamber of commerce of different embassy, through reliable forwarding agents, through port agents e.t.c and your payment is secured in as much as your part has been played properly as specified..let me know if you have other questions..but please I will like you to take it slow and comprehend all I say to you..articles will be out soon on this thread...for free thou so you can always read more, okay but meanwhile if you have anything you will like to know before then, feel free to ask.
my broda man dis is d business I want to do..I've been to nacho at mmia..too get accurate info about dis..the story long oo..but let me share the little I got..I went too we're dey package ugu leaves they are fresh nd big sizes..now I some in turkish airline he said
1) who have too get registerd for the busines..dats some cash too u hv too be legal to avoid dis one complain or the other..
2) if ur sending perishable goods u shld know how long it will last..
3) if ur starting u hv too start small not wit goods of large quantity so it can be sold on time nd fast..
4) the major problem..getting a trusted buyer from wch ever country ur sending too to avoid had I know..
5) if ur merging wit some one in business while u are not registerd wit them its risky too and not just risky if not careful they mit put drugs in ur goods nd na heavy casala oo..I saw how the goods we're been inspected at nacho export..any can just take a day nd go ther see for urselfs den cum back nd help us wit fit back..
Am hustling for pay too start mine..God has helpd me my frnd dat lives in uk gave me contact too buyers over ther so I hv to arrange wit my bank to get it legal ..its lucrative business I must say..plz more experience share wit us oo..this was my find..
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
lizu: my brother...we have an agency that certifies those types of items...we call them the plant quarantine certification agency...they certify raw agro products, they certify product per transactions....their office is adjacent to Nahco warehouse ikeja, lagos. But there is one secret about those leafy items..., you dont buy from the market, you buy directly from the farmer because the market women would have washed them before displaying them for sale and by so doing they will shrink up before getting to the buyer so you are to buy directly and package it like that... so it can retain its physical quality when it gets to the buyer. please i stand not to be quoted bro.. i only used hat price range as an example, i hope you understand me..this and more are things you get to read in the coming article...thanks . questions are critics are welcome
u just gave the main secret of the business like I posted bfor..u buy from the farmers, directly..cus the vegetables leaves I saw was so fresh nd big ther we're packing it in a carton.water will not touch it so it last long depending on when it wil be cleard..so I think I just helped here?..plz let's share more ideas..what ever I get I will still post..
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by Iyohokwa(m): 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
Lizu, for one who wants to export dried crayfish, do u need to get approvals from any authority, can it be properly packet and handed ovr to a freight agent?

How can one build contact or interested parties/contact to enable export possible?
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by rammytt(m): 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
Who hide my comment?.just want to be sure this wil not be hidden too.i wil modify dis later
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 7:29pm On Dec 03, 2013
No oh....this has nothing to do with nafdac number..the concern agency is just placed under nafdac so take note
Tunjman:

What if the product doesn't have nafdac number yet? Please pardon me for the questions.
Re: Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... by lizu: 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
Yes you have to go for certification cos its also a processed product, the relevant agency is under nafdac at yaba office as well and you can hand it over to any registered forwarding agent.
Iyohokwa: Lizu, for one who wants to export dried crayfish, do u need to get approvals from any authority, can it be properly packet and handed ovr to a freight agent?

How can one build contact or interested parties/contact to enable export possible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Never Sign A Deal Without This Clause / Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) / Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.