Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue (33078 Views)

Man Spotted Riding A Bike Unclad On The Highway (Photo) / PHOTO: Made In Benue Filling Station / Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by tomakint: 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
Terrible things are indeed attached to superstitious beliefs in Africa! Read on......

They say this happened on Thursday 19th September at Orokam, Obadigbo Local Government area of Benue State.

According to the story, the woman is said to be the wife of a popular school proprietor in the area who was caught cheating days after he died.

She lost her husband on Tuesday.
They say according to the Orokam culture, there is an oracle called “ALEKWU” in the town which punishes married women who cheat on their husbands and also deters people from committing atrocities.

This oracle warns husbands of adulterous women to perform certain rites for cleansing of himself and family or die.

They claim the proprietor died because he didn't heed to the warning of the oracle so the cheating couple had to walk the town naked to cleanse the land and she was sent back to her father's house and banned from attending her husband's funeral.

http://trendysturvs..com/2013/09/photos-cheating-couple-forced-to-walk.html

To those who want to see the pix....well, I don't want to do this but for you.....

Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by tomakint: 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
I can't even imagine myself pasting those 'pix' here, they are all there on the site I supplied What a world we live in.

1 Like

Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by Sermwell(m): 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
Op is really maaaaaad!!! Wat bizness do u have commenting on ur post 1st? And the source u supplied doesn't even exist!.....give us Pix joor or it didn't happen!

7 Likes

Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by IAMBREEZY: 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nawa
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by LMAyedun(m): 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
Sermwell: Pix or it didn't happen!
Seconded
+ Can't even find the story on that link.
So, it didn't happen.
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by Gwekzy: 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
N dis made fp There was nairaland

1 Like

Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by Lilimax(f): 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
Some traditions are damn silly angry undecided
The man died because his wife committed adultery?
what for?

No way, I shall not be held responsible for another man's sin.
The soul that sinneth shall bear the consequence and not me.
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
Adultery is a sin.
The punishment na wa!

1 Like

Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by dwittyc0der(f): 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by ShineIt: 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
The page you're looking for does not exist yet the mods took this nonsensical story to the frontpage.

Seems the mods do not actually examine a thread but are buoyed instead by the thread title.

1 Like

Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by lertee(f): 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
Will they ever stop this in benue state? Despite having the highest number of HIV cases in the country. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by Fazhy: 2:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
Africa! Africa!! Hmmmmm.

Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by Mubby4luv(m): 2:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
Sermwell: Pix or it didn't happen!
L.M Ayedun..:
Seconded
After U
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by Olugbenger(m): 2:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
bad!
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by homesteady(m): 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
Chei! Na wa oh!
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by Prowizy2(m): 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
The source doesn't exist + no pinchure = to POO
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by Archmed(m): 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
Tradition or Not,,customs or Not,this action is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience and must be condemned in its entirety.
Goodness sake, we are not in the days of Homo erectus!!

1 Like

Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by c0ast0l: 2:43pm On Nov 27, 2013
@op, u write story finish & cum dive 1st stand 2 be 1st to comment.
Even tho ua story no 2 make brain bt,u made front page. Nawa oo

na lion share u qet 4 nairaland 2day

congrat!

1 Like

Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by RedCard1(m): 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Post the pictures or I shoot you!
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by vislabraye(m): 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
tomakint: I can't even imagine myself pasting those 'pix' here, they are all there on the site I supplied What a world we live in.

The page does not exist, Mr. Op.
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by NoobSaibot1: 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Adonbilivit!
No pictures? undecided
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
Mtchew. Some people will open thread without source. Helping me to finish my MB. Mtcheeew again
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by Prowizy2(m): 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
dwittyc0der: ..

tongue
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by olorunthobby(f): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
too bad
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by LMAyedun(m): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
Mubby4luv:
After U
Na Wah 4 you oh!! You won see naked Woman LOL!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by zubimete(f): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
D story get k leg o. E no get tail at all. How e take consign me sef sef.
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by Osehnetworld(m): 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hmmmmmm
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
[size=24pt]YOU SAY THIS IS EVIL & BACKWARD JUST BECAUSE THE SENTENCE WAS ORDERED BY A PAGAN PRIEST.

BUT IF THE SENTENCE WAS ORDERED BY YOUR PASTOR, THEN YOU ALL WOULD BE APPLAUDING IT.[/size]

I feel the right thing has been done.

THe man shouldve heeded the advice of the oracle.

now he lost his life and his wife's dishonoured.

There is no mercy in Traditional Religion.

If you want mercy, go to na.ked jew/jesus or Nigeria court.

The Oracle has spoken. cool

2 Likes

Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by phransix147(m): 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
Mods always verify stories and link pages before moving them to frontpage!
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by ambassadorgozie(m): 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
tomakint: Terrible things are indeed attached to superstitious beliefs in Africa! Read on......

They say this happened on Thursday 19th September at Orokam, Obadigbo Local Government area of Benue State.

According to the story, the woman is said to be the wife of a popular school proprietor in the area who was caught cheating days after he died.

She lost her husband on Tuesday.
They say according to the Orokam culture, there is an oracle called “ALEKWU” in the town which punishes married women who cheat on their husbands and also deters people from committing atrocities.

This oracle warns husbands of adulterous women to perform certain rites for cleansing of himself and family or die.

They claim the proprietor died because he didn't heed to the warning of the oracle so the cheating couple had to walk the town naked to cleanse the land and she was sent back to her father's house and banned from attending her husband's funeral.

http://www.brimtime.com/2013/09/cheating-couple-forced-to-walk-naked-in.html
Re: Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue by esbjaygmailco(m): 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
mtchweeee, old news

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cattle Spotted On BRT Lane In Lagos (Photos) / 5 Classes Of Nigerians Who Play Important Roles But Are Hardly Recognised / LADIES AND GENTS: THE UGLIEST AND THE SCARIEST! PLEASE Y'ALL CHECK THESE OUT!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.