Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,960 members, 7,799,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** - Rap Battles (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** (8862 Views)

* * ~ Brutal Clash III { Season 2 } : Ibime Vs U3 ~ * * / ** King Tournament : Q. Finals ( Ibime Vs Blaqbonez ) ** / ******WARCRAFT: THE APOCALYPES*** Ibime Vs Mikuz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by DBR: 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
mikuz: Votes closed :

Result : Ibime 6 - 2 U3

Ibime wins and qualifies for the quarter final.

Congrats to Ibime!!

I have an issue with the fact that U3 is out so early tho.
This is the kinda match up one wuld xpect to see in semi/finals. .
Is there a way to remedy this?
Just a whimsical thot'. .

oNe
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by coogar: 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
DBR:

Congrats to Ibime!!

I have an issue with the fact that U3 is out so early tho.
This is the kinda match up one wuld xpect to see in semi/finals. .
Is there a way to remedy this?
Just a whimsical thot'. .

oNe

medicine after death.
mikuz should have seeded the top netcees - making sure they don't come across each other during the early stage.
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by mikuz(m): 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

medicine after death.
mikuz should have seeded the top netcees - making sure they don't come across each other during the early stage.

Not exactly,
U3 is not totally outta the tournament.
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by khimwhyte(f): 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
mikuz:

Not exactly,
U3 is not totally outta the tournament.
I just hope dia won't be sentiments and favouritism cos we are 16 in total... Dia's no way we getting a "best looser" after dis round so I wnder how you going to make him come back ...
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by DBR: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

medicine after death.

Hehehe dude,
i wasnt aware of the pairing cos v'been off the site for a while, I wuldda flagged it earlier.
Mikuz sent me a mail that's wat reminded me there was a battle sef.
Nonedaless, we can have a BPD campaign to bring U3 back, dude got sth to offer.

oNe
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by mikuz(m): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
khimwhyte: I just hope dia won't be sentiments and favouritism cos we are 16 in total... Dia's no way we getting a "best looser" after dis round so I wnder how you going to make him come back ...

What I mean is, if someone pulls a no-show or chickens out in the quarter final. The best loser in the first round will fill in.
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by dawhizkid1(m): 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
DBR:

LMAO!! I've had this argument too many time.
Ps riddle me this, When u read TEXT,do you not hear "sounds" in your head?
In fact, whether you are reading the words or hearing them,
the process of identifying whether a word rhymes with another is through sound cognition.
Mostly the final judgement is not by textual analysis in nature but by its auditory experience.
Great writers

Na u wan skool me? bwahahah!! Joker!
Get educated with ma response to Whiz .
Btw, I didn't say Ibime did better in rhyme. . it's a Close fight. .
check ma score, it's like they both got Tuxedo, cos i gave them Both TIE!
grin

oNe

when i'm reading, i pronounce the words in my head, i dont hear sounds, maybe we are different. cheesy
To be very honest, i dont f.uck with these criteria ratings, sometimes, a good vocabulary is enough to win a battle, it why its called TEXTceeing. Text skills count. . . I don't really like when people rhyme things like 'Verse' with 'Vex' in a text battle, because it doesnt rhye when i pronounce it in my head, but it might work in an audio battle due to accent or whatever, i hope you see the difference?

Lemme make an Example. . . .
Eminem raps in Bad Guy:
"Wait, is that sirens i hear?/ guess 90 on the freeway wasnt the brightest idea/ Cops appear in my DRIVER'S SIDE MIRROR"

you cant write the above in a text battle and expect to score points on Rhyme, i cant hear it in my head. . . . But when Em said it, you go WOW, cos of his accent and the way he pronounces his words. Get it? cheesy

U be still boss though.
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by dawhizkid1(m): 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
DBR:

U call a cerebral discussion on elements like cognition/rhymes/text /audio/ et al as rant, sir?
I'm. . errm.. .worried.
We do this!

oNe

! ! ! !
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by dawhizkid1(m): 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
mikuz:

What I mean is, if someone pulls a no-show or chickens out in the quarter final. The best loser in the first round will fill in.

this na PDP oo. If someone pulls a no-show in the first round, best loser in the first round replaces him/her. If someone pulls a no-show in the quarters, the best loser in the quarters replaces him/her, thats the way it should be. Bless Bro.
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by coogar: 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
khimwhyte: I just hope dia won't be sentiments and favouritism cos we are 16 in total... Dia's no way we getting a "best looser" after dis round so I wnder how you going to make him come back ...

you are a femcee? wow!!!
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by drulz(m): 7:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lol... Its all coming down to this? Lucky U3 I guess.. Next time seed ur tourneys...
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by DBR: 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
da-whizkid:

when i'm reading, i pronounce the words in my head, i dont hear sounds, maybe we are different. cheesy
To be very honest, i dont f.uck with these criteria ratings, sometimes, a good vocabulary is enough to win a battle, it why its called TEXTceeing. Text skills count. . . I don't really like when people rhyme things like 'Verse' with 'Vex' in a text battle, because it doesnt rhye when i pronounce it in my head, but it might work in an audio battle due to accent or whatever, i hope you see the difference?

Lemme make an Example. . . .
Eminem raps in Bad Guy:
"Wait, is that sirens i hear?/ guess 90 on the freeway wasnt the brightest idea/ Cops appear in my DRIVER'S SIDE MIRROR"

you cant write the above in a text battle and expect to score points on Rhyme, i cant hear it in my head. . . . But when Em said it, you go WOW, cos of his accent and the way he pronounces his words. Get it? cheesy

U be still boss though.

There u have it. Once u enter the realm of Pronunciation dude, u already dealing with SOUNDS!!!!

I get u whiz, but ur example is an extreme ref. of slants.
On the real Axe aint even far from Acts even pronounced without a slant,. .c'mon!!

oNe
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by Emaprince: 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
anybody who is knocked out is knocked out!!!...which one is best looser?...mancity,madrid,dortmund and ajax who were champions from different leagues were all squeezed into the same group where CITY got knocked out and there was nothing like best looser..
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by dawhizkid1(m): 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
DBR:

There u have it. Once u enter the realm of Pronunciation dude, u already dealing with SOUNDS!!!!

I get u whiz, but ur example is an extreme ref. of slants.
On the real Axe aint even far from Acts even pronounced without a slant,. .c'mon!!

oNe

LOL at Extreme reference. . . Its the same. Acts =aekts, Axe = aeks [Spot the difference] . . . . As far as i'm cooncerned, that wordplay is forced in a text battle, in an audio battle, it goes! Make we no argue again boss. cheesy
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by Mathicks(m): 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
da-whizkid:

LOL at Extreme reference. . . Its the same. Acts =aekts, Axe = aeks [Spot the difference] . . . . As far as i'm cooncerned, that wordplay is forced in a text battle, in an audio battle, it goes! Make we no argue again boss. cheesy
guy!! Tell me 10 good wordplays you know, and give us the transcriptions ..lets see how ''exactly the same'' they are. Cmon! Wordplays are wordplays... Like if ur pastor says ''axe of the apostles'' in church, any of you would spot the 'axe'..
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by delidimes: 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
abeg oo nofin like best looser lets move on wi d tourney n be positive
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by mailmalc(m): 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
@Mikuz
Hey bro, can I make a suggestion. Imo 3-5 judges are more than enough in a tournament. Such a shameful display seeing Judges doubt their fellow Judges capability and they argue out their verdict in the open.
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by dawhizkid1(m): 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
mailmalc: @Mikuz
Hey bro, can I make a suggestion. Imo 3-5 judges are more than enough in a tournament. Such a shameful display seeing Judges doubt their fellow Judges capability and they argue out their verdict in the open.

Oga Donald. . . If na DBR and I you dey refer to as 'judges doubting their fellow judges capability', I'd like to clarify things. We aren't doubting each other's capability, we only have different opinion on an issue and we are trying to sort it out. Bless Boss
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by dj5naira(m): 11:23pm On Nov 28, 2013

Votes closed :
Result : Ibime 6 - 2 U3
Ibime wins and qualifies for the quarter final.
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by dj5naira(m): 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
gringringringringrin gringringringringrin gringringringringrin

coogar:

mykali is a goat.....
Xplicit-rage:
Criteria is a b*tch.
coogar:
you are a fool....
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by Swiftboy(m): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hmmm I love the way you guys chewed each other out! Kudos am not a judge but I think U3 is more creative! His stuffs are enjoyable. His opponent tried too but I feel his chess thing,even on football too. Put that on a beat and make some cash out of it U3!
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by Swiftboy(m): 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
Oh yes! Acts actually can be replaced by Axe! Since we get the idea which is rather perfect for the scheme. I mean axe of apostles...d0pe!
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by sleakid(m): 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
mikuz:
He hide behind his crew . . . that’s a faggót nigga hustle!/ KINGS don’t need strength in NUMBERS to pad em up with muscle/
oya. . . JUDGES. . . score me points. . . as I attack him with the gospel/
cos his punches leave no MARK. . . but there’ll be LAMENTATIONS. . . when I split his skull. . . with THE AXE OF THE APOSTLES!!!!/

You a fraud and bozo!/ If Lites’ niggas saw some photos/ they would all go solo/
I strolled in. . . . pictured him viewing gay pórn. . . he grabbed the remote. . . like "PAUSE!". . . "NO HOMO!"/ !!!

X-Lites whole army is boring/ so we hardly applauding/
The fans screaming "KILL THAT NOISE!". . . so dampen the volume/. . . before I 'turn Lites down low'. . . like Bob Marley and Lauryn!!!/

Numero Uno Femcees crushed your stúpid gimmicks/ with brutish lyrics/
So when you say "No girls allowed". . . I had to check twice. . . cos X-Lites’ . . . . got nothing but pússies in it!!/

My clothes is expensive design. . .

I’m expected to shine/ cos I work in a professional line/ . . . while he hustling for pennies and dimes/
. . but I can’t knock the hustle . . . there’s dignity in labour. . . . . as long as cassava turn to garri. . . I’m respecting his 'grind'!!/

KING!!!

Kai wtf,, U3 is not your fault you got kicked out bro... Shet
Re: ** King Tournament : First Round ( Ibime Vs U3 ) ** by Emaprince: 8:54am On Jun 03, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

**Rap ~ Retrospection** / Challenge!!! / Edosioo's Murder ''2008 Most Credible' Battle Rap Tournament. Entries Now Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.