Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,488 members, 7,770,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:14 AM

28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ (40613 Views)

Obama Meets His Extended Family Including Step Grandmother In Kenya / 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa / 12-yr-old Boy With Growth Tail Hailed As god In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by obynocj(m): 7:23am On Nov 28, 2013
For many 28-year-olds, the idea of starting a family can be a daunting prospect......

But one woman has embraced her matriarchal role with open arms, after welcoming her first great-grandchild into the family.

Kelly Baker from Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, took on three step-children and their nine offspring when she married 68-year-old Bob in 2010.

But the 28-year-old couldn’t be happier with their budding family, despite her husband being more than a decade older than both her parents and her eldest grandchild just three years her junior.

According to Daily Mail reports, ‘It’s so wonderful having a baby in the family,’ says Mrs Baker, who has resigned hopes of children of her own.

Kelly, whose friends tried to warn her off grandfather Bob when they first met, loves grandchildren, Chanice, Amber, Warren, Chloe, Toby, Kamran, Arran, Jade and Tahra like her own.

Baby Layla who is just five-months-old is the first great-grandchild in the family.

‘I feel like they’re my own family, we spoil them rotten,’ she told the Daily Mirror.

The couple who work together as cleaners met when Kelly was just 21, after the pensioner stopped seeing one of her friends who was also in her twenties.

Having endured the harsh criticisms of friends and families, Bob proposed after four years of dating.

While Mrs Baker has given up on the idea of having their own children, father-of-nine husband Bob insists ‘never say never,’ though admits the family is ‘quite large enough.’

Mrs Baker describes meeting her spouse’s three children, the youngest of whom is ten years older than she, as one of the hardest things about their relationship.

‘But once they had gotten to know me they were very accepting and we’ve since become close’.

All 13 family members will spend Christmas together in a local pub for a ‘huge dinner’, the couple say.

And though naysayers sometimes hurt her feelings with ‘snide comments’, Kelly insists she has proved ‘everyone’ wrong with her marriage that is as happy as she could hope for.

More News On http://www.revealzones.com/2013/11/meet-28-yr-old-grandmother-who-just.html

Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 28, 2013
hmmmm..rare happenings

Am so so happy and I assume y'all know why na!!
1st to .................... fill in d blank space
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by seankay(m): 8:53am On Nov 28, 2013
How did it happen?
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by philfearon(m): 10:02am On Nov 28, 2013
Na wa o!
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by wheesin(m): 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hmmm..... BET THIS ONE IS STRONG...

So what did she gain now... Fucvked like a fool and became a great grandma.... She even encouraged her offspring to do so... Mtcheewww.... Harlots(–)

Ese

Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by enigmagu1(m): 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
oyibo and dia many liess
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by Danhumprey: 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
But why is love blind? embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by Ibangap(m): 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
seankay: How did it happen?
Rushing to be FTC that u couldn't wait to read. Smh

4 Likes

Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by dwittyc0der(f): 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
#shhit

Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by bluerange(f): 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
hmm.... anything is certainly possible!

1 Like

Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by safarigirl(f): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
She looks 48 anyways so she could pass for someone's grandmother....or great-grandother

9 Likes

Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by Abhandsum(m): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
this can't really work in 9ja
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by vislabraye(m): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oyibo dey crase oh !!
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by ektbear: 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
Bob putting it down cheesy
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
I guess I'm happy for them?
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by 9jahubcom(m): 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
HHA

1 Like

Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by omajali2003(m): 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
sadVery confusing tale; I can't make sense out of this.

3 Likes

Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by tshakes(m): 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
like seriously?
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by BabieGhagha(f): 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
dis is absolutely ridiculous
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
If that woman is 28, my mother is 80. Why do some women even marry men old enough to be their grandfathers anyway? I can't comprehend it.
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by wasak(m): 6:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
dwittyc0der: #shhit
please can we chat offline? I need ur assistance on something. I know a pm might not work.
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by zubimete(f): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
this story is complicated, pls through more light cos i cant understand the writeup.
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by Gifted4all(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
Wonders shall not end all dis white lies
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by johnlegend01: 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
Clap for yourself, Kelly, the Great-grand Mother. Indeed! Great-grand mother without using her own womb. #smiles#

1 Like

Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by AbuMikey(m): 6:20pm On Nov 28, 2013

Not what I was expecting undecided

1 Like

Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by Blazinraj01(f): 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
wheesin: Hmmm..... BET THIS ONE IS STRONG...

So what did she gain now... Fucvked like a fool and became a great grandma.... She even encouraged her offspring to do so... Mtcheewww.... Harlots(–)

Ese
You didn't even read the post and you went ahead to cast aspersions (Full). SMH

4 Likes

Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
She must really love old Bob cos there ain't no gold to dig here. Very rear shocked
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by blackhope: 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
obynocj: .......

Kelly Baker from Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, took on three step-children and their nine offspring when she married 68-year-old Bob in 2010.

According to Daily Mail reports, ‘It’s so wonderful having a baby in the family,’ says Mrs Baker, who has resigned hopes of children of her own.

Thought this would be incredible if really true, but really there is nothing special happening here, since they are not biological great grand children of the woman.. They are all step descendants.
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by kambili999(f): 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
help me tell her congratulations on her achievement.
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by Texykool: 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Linqsz: hmmmm..rare happenings

Am so so happy and I assume y'all know why na!!
1st to .................... fill in d blank space

happy for U too

1 Like

Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mtchew!
Thought I d see a wonder 28years old lady who v a biological grandchild.
Last Bullet:
I v seen a 28years old woman who's now a grandmother. She gave birth around 15years & her daughter later broke her record to give birth at 13years.
Re: 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ by Temismith(f): 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
Okki

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition / South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC / Without France, There’d Be No Mali, Burkina Faso And Niger, Macron Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.