Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,945 members, 7,803,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Attitudinal Change As A Panacea For Africa's Woes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attitudinal Change As A Panacea For Africa's Woes (447 Views)

Seun: Offline Reconciliation And Re-unification Is The Panacea / True Federalism - A Panacea For Economic Development Of Nigeria / Fiscal Federalism, Panacea For Power Struggle – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Attitudinal Change As A Panacea For Africa's Woes by Ugosample(m): 8:24am On Nov 28, 2013
The African continent is faced with daunting challenges. Many however, are quick to blame external forces for these challenges without sparing a second to think of how Africans themselves contribute to this mess. Without the right attitude, the continent can never change. I will touch on some aspects as this thread progresses.
Re: Attitudinal Change As A Panacea For Africa's Woes by Ugosample(m): 8:30am On Nov 28, 2013
The first one i will touch is our attitude to change. This is a subjective statement but i have to say that Africans have the poorest attitude to change. The world is fast evolving, and if you as a person or a society is not ready to change, you would be left behind. There are certain practices that has to be done away with, but because of that apathy to change, it continues. This trend must be curbed.
Re: Attitudinal Change As A Panacea For Africa's Woes by Ugosample(m): 8:36am On Nov 28, 2013
Another one is the poor attitude to work. You might say that Africans are the most hardworking. I don't agree completely. What defines hardwork is the productivity level, or output per head and as an economist, i can tell you authoritatively that Africa has the least output per head. This has contributed to Africa's economic woes.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan To Pay Keshi’s Salary / Oyinlola Wants AGF To Compel Prosecution Of MTN / Jonathan Rescues NFF, Approves N280m For Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.