Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (45668 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
eagle,eye:

Why rent cars? smh.

Oh well, some people like "loud" weddings, others like it quiet. To each his own.

1 Like

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by eagleeye2: 4:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
Phema:

Oh well, some people like "loud" weddings, others like it quiet. To each his own.
Phema,
wishing you God's Wisdom and Guidance as you build your home. In Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
eagle,eye:

Phema,
wishing you God's Wisdom and Guidance as you build your home. In Jesus name, Amen.

Thanks dear. Same to you too. smiley
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Don1Dee(m): 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
eagle,eye:

Why rent cars? smh.
Just asking, in case..
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by heirsmac: 6:53am On Dec 19, 2013
I am Ela Rose, If you are searching for wedding dresses, bridesmaids dresses, shoes and accesories at affordable prices n lovely design, you can contact me on twitter @ elaela284, add me on Whatsapp 08172333805, or pin 27F54AA0.
I am based in Lagos, but I do deliveries nationwide
Love to glam you up dolls

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by BORNTOWIN(f): 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
Phema:

Oh Yes! It was quite helpful. Thanks smiley

Good to know
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 26, 2013
Merry Xmas everyone! How are you celebrating? As for me, I'm enjoying the yuletide to the fullest. Will resume planning shortly after grin
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Administrator: 5:35am On Jan 03, 2014
Laeroy: Hi all, I,ll be getting married on Saturday the 31st of May 2014, I need a very good wedding planner who will help plan our wedding with a budget of 0.5 million..........................thanks in anticipation....

Please hit me up on creativemide@gmail.com Thank you.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by chiefwedslolo(f): 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nnekacherry: Lol.. 50k just for wrapper..
@Phema.. You have a good heart girl..
I love the way you answer people's questions and also help them out with their budgets..
That's very kind of you..
I never knew that planning a wedding can be this stressful..
My wedding is on 2nd Jan 2014..
Lol.. Yea i know it's already close..
But I'm having the wedding jitters..
I'm scared mehn, sometimes i feel like it's just a dream..
That I'm not about to lose my freedom and privacy.. Lol
And the date is close already..
May God help us all..

Nnekacherry, 1st NL bride of the year? I hope your wedding was beautiful. Wishing you a blessed union.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
chiefwedslolo:

Nnekacherry, 1st NL bride of the year? I hope your wedding was beautiful. Wishing you a blessed union.

Yeeeeeeeeeeee! That is true oooo! Nnekacherry darling, how did it go? Hope u had a swell time. Come and give us gist ooo, so the upcoming brides will learn.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by BnBarbie(f): 10:24am On Jan 08, 2014
Hello all,
Congrats in advance to all intending brides.
i love weddings and i'm offering myself up to brides to be for advice on wedding planning, if you need someone to accompany you dress shopping (only in lagos sha), wedding coordinator on your wedding day, anything to make you have your dream wedding.
What is the catch some pips may ask. But there is none. I am not a wedding planner either oo smiley
I had my wedding last year January and there were a few things i regretted doing sha as regards the wedding plans that when i think about, i still get angry. Anyway, i just wanna help anyone willing to accept my help.

@Phema; Have you found your dress yet? What kind of wedding gown are you looking for exactly? i want to sell my own oo wink
@numdes, nkkystel and Laeroy, how far with wedding plans na?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Laeroy(f): 11:26am On Jan 08, 2014
BnBarbie: Hello all,
i love weddings and i'm offering myself up to brides to be for advice on wedding planning, if you need someone to accompany you dress shopping (only in lagos sha), wedding coordinator on your wedding day, anything to make you have your dream wedding.
What is the catch some pips may ask. But there is none. I am not a wedding planner either oo smiley
I had my wedding last year January and there were a few things i regretted doing sha as regards the wedding plans that when i think about, i still get angry. Anyway, i just wanna help anyone willing to accept my help.

@Phema; Have you found your dress yet? What kind of wedding gown are you looking for exactly? i want to sell my own oo wink

hello sweets.....i'M HERE OOOOOOO....I'M WAITING, PLANNING AND MOST OF ALL PRAYING EVERYTHING WORKS OUT SMOOTHLY....MAY 31ST IS MY WEDDING....DAT ASIDE...I'LL LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU'RE U ON WHATSAPPP SO DAT WE CAN TALK FURTHER THERE?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by BnBarbie(f): 11:43am On Jan 08, 2014
don't worry, all will be well. smiley
From experience, you just need to follow up on your vendors before that day and on that day, someone to follow up for you (i didn't have that).
i am on whatsapp, i'd send u an email and then i can give you my number.

Laeroy:

hello sweets.....i'M HERE OOOOOOO....I'M WAITING, PLANNING AND MOST OF ALL PRAYING EVERYTHING WORKS OUT SMOOTHLY....MAY 31ST IS MY WEDDING....DAT ASIDE...I'LL LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU'RE U ON WHATSAPPP SO DAT WE CAN TALK FURTHER THERE?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 08, 2014
BnBarbie: Hello all,

Thanks sweetheart. The planning for me has been exhausting!

I settled for one online dress as I couldn't find anyone I liked here in Lasgidi. It should be delivered before the end of January. It's a mermaid tube dress. Will have to make an inner lace to cover the top. Already bought the material and have given it to my tailor.

Now, I'm left with buying and making of native attires for couple, parents and siblings. Will do the shopping for that next weekend.

Shoes, jewelry, hand fan, weave on, bouquets and the likes are still pending and my wedding is in less than 2months!

I still need a DJ and EMCEE in Benin. The ones I've seen have quotes as high as heaven. Hmmnnn. . . undecided

What were those things you think you should have done differently during your wedding plannig? What mistakes did you make that you think we can learn from?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
I met a Nairalander that helped make my native attire jewelry; that is, neck piece, ear ring and bracelet at an affordable price. They came out really nice and I am impressed. If you need her contact, holla.

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by BnBarbie(f): 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
My number 1 mistake was not using a caterer. I felt caterers were gonna be a rip off and that there would be plenty food for guests to eat cos the last thing i wanted was for my guests not to eat. i wanted my guests to eat and be overfilled sef but at the end of the day, some pips said dey ate plenty while some others dint get to eat and u can imagine my anger when i went home that nyt and saw coolers of ofada rice in our kitchen gone bad, moin moin neva got to the venue. food wasted wella.
We bought the cow ourselves, bought all the ingredients, hired someone to cook, hired pips to serve, rented plates, glasses and all. A day to the wedding, i was goin up and down to hire ikoko irin angry (huge pot for large cooking)
Well, i guess my mistake was thinking that evrything wuld fall in place. i should hav gotten som1 to coordinate but i just assumed family members would step up. I even heard that my mum in law and one of my aunty's had an argument (cos we did just one catering). Sumthn about the waiters serving my side of the family only and then my mum in law redirected them bla bla bla.
Then came the time to return the plates and stuff, and the they were incomplete, and of course we had to pay for the missing stuff.
I ended up paying more than if i had hired a caterer, family members packed plenty of food home that my guests should have enjoyed and then food wasted cry
Phema:

Thanks sweetheart. The planning for me has been exhausting!

I settled for one online dress as I couldn't find anyone I liked here in Lasgidi. It should be delivered before the end of January. It's a mermaid tube dress. Will have to make an inner lace to cover the top. Already bought the material and have given it to my tailor.

Now, I'm left with buying and making of native attires for couple, parents and siblings. Will do the shopping for that next weekend.

Shoes, jewelry, hand fan, weave on, bouquets and the likes are still pending and my wedding is in less than 2months!

I still need a DJ and EMCEE in Benin. The ones I've seen have quotes as high as heaven. Hmmnnn. . . undecided

What were those things you think you should have done differently during your wedding plannig? What mistakes did you make that you think we can learn from?

1 Like

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 08, 2014
BnBarbie: My number 1 mistake was not using a caterer. I felt caterers were gonna be a rip off and that there would be plenty food for guests to eat cos the last thing i wanted was for my guests not to eat. i wanted my guests to eat and be overfilled sef but at the end of the day, some pips said dey ate plenty while some others dint get to eat and u can imagine my anger when i went home that nyt and saw coolers of ofada rice in our kitchen gone bad, moin moin neva got to the venue. food wasted wella.
We bought the cow ourselves, bought all the ingredients, hired someone to cook, hired pips to serve, rented plates, glasses and all. A day to the wedding, i was goin up and down to hire ikoko irin angry (huge pot for large cooking)
Well, i guess my mistake was thinking that evrything wuld fall in place. i should hav gotten som1 to coordinate but i just assumed family members would step up. I even heard that my mum in law and one of my aunty's had an argument (cos we did just one catering). Sumthn about the waiters serving my side of the family only and then my mum in law redirected them bla bla bla.
Then came the time to return the plates and stuff, and the they were incomplete, and of course we had to pay for the missing stuff.
I ended up paying more than if i had hired a caterer, family members packed plenty of food home that my guests should have enjoyed and then food wasted cry

Chei! That must have hurt. All these family members eeeeehhhhh. Thank God it's over .

Now I'm scared oooo. I hired a caterer, but will be buying all the ingredients, while she cooks and serves. I hope all these over sabi family people will not interfer.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by xtraordinariguy(m): 4:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
Phema: Now, lemme kick start this. . .

My wedding is in exactly 3 months from now (on my birthday) and the planning has been both exciting and Exhausting! I'm the only girl in my family, so no much helping hands. My brothers couldn't be bothered with the nitty grities. All they want to know is how much drink will be served and what kind of music will be playing. cheesy

Anyways, we've decided not to go over the top financially as there is life after wedding, though my family thinks otherwise. "Whose wedding is it anyways"? wink

Now to the planning proper. . .

We've booked the reception hall, picked out colors and styles, went window shopping for some wedding stuff. I'm still very undecided as to whether to buy my dress physically or to order online. The few dresses I like are online, but most people advised against it. undecided

Madam Chaircover, help a sister out ooo. I know you have a wedding store. Please help with the address and the things you sell. smiley
jj

Let us bear ur headaches for your wedding..from the decorations
Bridals
Hall
Emcees
Dj
Catering
Cake making
Everything we at your service
Some tip that would help
Budget;let us plan according to money you have,don't overstress your purse wit less than a million we can give a quality wedding package

Don't go borrowing:work with your budget.. We are at your service feel free to call or inbox us..onyixtra@gmail.com,komighon events 08136238324 ,bbpin 294CE3C3..God bless
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by rotudeb(f): 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
Phema: I met a Nairalander that helped make my native attire jewelry; that is, neck piece, ear ring and bracelet at an affordable price. They came out really nice and I am impressed. If you need her contact, holla.

Please i need her contact
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by rotudeb(f): 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
I need help everyone.
I am based in the US
My wedding is in July in nigeria and i am so overwhelmed.
Please i need pointers.
I was so excited when i found this thread.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
rotudeb: I need help everyone.
I am based in the US
Please i need pointers.

Congrats in advance. The info you gave is kinda skeletal. Where in Nigeria is the wedding taking place? How many guests will you be expecting? What is your budget like? What kind of wedding do you plan to have (big or small)? Are you doing both Engagement and white same day? What are your colors? You can ask specific questions and be sure to get answers.

As for the jewelery lady, send your email.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by chiefwedslolo(f): 2:42am On Jan 09, 2014
I am based in the US
Please i need pointers.

Ooh, a destination wedding! I love them.

Well, first make sure to get everyone traveling to Nigeria from the US or another country ready for travel. Tickets purchased? Passport/visas? Medication? Packing list? Travel arrangements within Nigeria and a place to stay? Is this taken care of yet?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by rotudeb(f): 4:34am On Jan 09, 2014
Thanks Phema
It would be in Ibadan. I am expecting 100 guests for engagement, 150 guest for the wedding. I want a small wedding. The engagement would be on friday and the wedding on saturday.
I would to know the prices for most of the vendors, so that i know what to bargain with when i am talking to them over the phone.

Halls for Engagement and the wedding reception-
Alaga Ijoko/Alaga Iduro-
Decor for engagement and wedding-
DJ for engagement and wedding-
Photographer and Videographer - 
Makeup artist(Gele, Makeup, UpDo) -
Engagement Cake-
Catering -
Aso oke -
Wedding reception lace -
Bead Accessories -
MC for the wedding-
Caterer-
People to serve/waitress service-
Cars-
Suggestion for Bridesmaid gifts-
Small Live band-

Thanks in advance

[quote author=Phema]
Congrats in advance. The info you gave is kinda skeletal. Where in Nigeria is the wedding taking place? How many guests will you be expecting? What is your budget like? What kind of wedding do you plan to have (big or small)? Are you doing both Engagement and white same day? What are your colors? You can ask specific questions and be sure to get answers.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by rotudeb(f): 4:35am On Jan 09, 2014
Thanks Chiefwedslolo
That is in the works.
Most of them usually travel to nigeria.
chiefwedslolo:

Ooh, a destination wedding! I love them.

Well, first make sure to get everyone traveling to Nigeria from the US or another country ready for travel. Tickets purchased? Passport/visas? Medication? Packing list? Travel arrangements within Nigeria and a place to stay? Is this taken care of yet?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by taryour(f): 6:38am On Jan 09, 2014
rotudeb: Thanks Chiefwedslolo
That is in the works.

Hello goodmorning. I sent you a mail,please reply
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by BnBarbie(f): 8:56am On Jan 09, 2014
The thing is there arent any set prices for these things. It all depends on your budget and your taste.
Decor would depend on how big the hall is, the kind of decor you want etc Photography would depend on how many photobooks, sizes of the photobook etc
So i think first and foremost. Think about how much you are willing to spend, then we can go from there.
If you are hiring a caterer, they'd be the ones to sort out the waiters.
rotudeb: Thanks Phema
It would be in Ibadan. I am expecting 100 guests for engagement, 150 guest for the wedding. I want a small wedding. The engagement would be on friday and the wedding on saturday.
I would to know the prices for most of the vendors, so that i know what to bargain with when i am talking to them over the phone.

Halls for Engagement and the wedding reception-
Alaga Ijoko/Alaga Iduro-
Decor for engagement and wedding-
DJ for engagement and wedding-
Photographer and Videographer - 
Makeup artist(Gele, Makeup, UpDo) -
Engagement Cake-
Catering -
Aso oke -
Wedding reception lace -
Bead Accessories -
MC for the wedding-
Caterer-
People to serve/waitress service-
Cars-
Suggestion for Bridesmaid gifts-
Small Live band-

Thanks in advance

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by breadplanet(f): 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nice thread. I would be joining real soon. Una weldone o.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by pickabeau1: 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
happy married life... brides
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
rotudeb: Thanks Chiefwedslolo
That is in the works.

Sent you a mail.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by bakeuhappy: 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
hello brides,
congrats to u all.
i am bakeuhappy n i am based in imo state
u can contact me for ur quality wedding cakes,small chops,pastry n chinchin
call:08026555999
bbpin:29044727
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
pickabeau1: happy married life... brides

Thanks dear. smiley
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
I am based in the US
Please i need pointers.

Please, refer to page 7 of this thread, you will see my budget list. You can add or subtract to fit your taste and budget. Let me know if you need clarification on any of the listed Items/price.

Wishing you a strees-free planning. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What Would You Do If You See Your Child Doing This? / Is My Elder Brother Possessed Or An Occultic Man? / My Breakfast This Morning (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.