Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,365 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:14 PM

Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff (3536 Views)

Buhari Approved The Appointment Of New Vcs For The 12 Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Latest News On ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
The Federal Government on Thursday directed the immediate re-opening of all Federal Universities in Nigeria. It also directed that the position of any academic staff who does not resume by December 4th, 2013 should be declared vacant and advertised.

...Details to follow

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-declares-war-on-ASUU-orders-vcs-to-advertise-for-new-staff/165438/

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ghen Ghen

And so it begins...

The final battle

The ultimate showdown between evil and somewhat less evil

An establishment run by an ogogoro master versus an establishment run by intellectual perverts

Who shall prevail?

Who shall win?

It's the final countdown....

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by donphilopus: 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Odikwa!
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Demdem(m): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Na today grin grin

The military did worse than that and yet ASUU triumphed. Strike continues till ASUU is satisfied that govt is sincere.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by mdee1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Finally
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Is this the right thing to do?

Is this not calling for anarchy in our educational system?

Mr. President should be properly advised.

On a second thought: I wonder why ASUU is hell-bent on insisting on all of these their demands.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
I thought we have travelled through this thoughtless road before with the UNILORIN expelled lecturers who were reinstated by the Supreme court and the university compelled to pay them all their arrears even after several years just because they stood firm with ASUU!

GEJ sure hasn't learnt a thing!

2 Likes

This is the ACTION FILM that I've been waiting for. When all pleading and negotiations fail, the only option left would be physical FIGHT, aka WAR. Lets do it man to man and get bruised so that both sides can learn the RIGHT lessons going forward. No one has monopoly of violence or force.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by kingofpool: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
They re givin sill.y excuse for not givin us light.........hope am in dey ryt thread nd its gonna make front page cos for over four months i neva made it to front page talk more of ftc.........................dnt hate maka ndu gi na elu uwa
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by youngdee168(m): 12:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oya na!!!! grin
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
sagombugo: I thought we have travelled through this thoughtless road before with the UNILORIN expelled lecturers who were reinstated by the Supreme court and the university compelled to pay them all their arrears even after several years just because they stood firm with ASUU!

GEJ sure hasn't learnt a thing!
Yes o, let them go to supreme court or United Nations. It is part of the war. Let the President do what he can and let ASUU do what they can. It is now WAR.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by kasiem(m): 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
yea, thats d way fashola did it to doctors

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by musiwa112: 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
if jonathan was not too proud and ask me, i will help him beg all nigeria professors, they will listen to me. but i have not got involve because i mind my own business. the professors are very reasonable people and i believe, they will listen to me.

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
kasiem: yea, thats d way fashola did it to doctors
It is not exactly. Fashola did not make any concessions with the doctors, unlike the FG. During the last negotiations with the president which lasted for unprecedented 13 hours, the president granted ADDITIONAL concessions to ASUU but all to no avail. All these because a terrorist is the head of ASUU

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by chiefinalowo: 12:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
GEJ, thank you very much. These useless ASUU members are over doing things. I can't be paying over 200k for my wards in LASU and the hopeless institution will go on strike for almost 5 months.
I wish state governors can do same.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by noobsaibot2(m): 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
very fresh...
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by OreMI22: 12:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The Federal Government on Thursday directed the immediate re-opening of all Federal Universities in Nigeria. It also directed that the position of any academic staff who does not resume by December 4th, 2013 should be declared vacant and advertised.

...Details to follow

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-declares-war-on-ASUU-orders-vcs-to-advertise-for-new-staff/165438/

I completely support this move. Those using ASUU strike as a way to loot the nation to detriment of the lives of our children should be confronted once and for all.

[size=18pt]"Speak softly, but carry a big stick!" - President Theodore Roosevelt.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by jmaine: 12:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
Action film don set . . .
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by phlamy(m): 12:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lots of kids here.
Abacha also sacked university workers. How did it end?
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by theoctopus: 1:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
phlamy: Lots of kids here.
Abacha also sacked university workers. How did it end?

You cannot compare this to Abacha's situation. Abacha never gave them so much respect and time. They have abused the goodwill extended to them and lost public sympathy.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
Observing as usual
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by PointB: 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
Well, that's a card available to the FG and they have elected to play it. The way I see it, the lecturers will go to court, while lectures go on courtesy of the new lecturers. After a long winding court case, they will agree to settle out of court for more or less what have been offered. Same thing they could have done now.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
Jonathan, Jonathan must hv been taking to much ogogoro lately
and who we interview d new lecturers
does he even know how d univeristy system works.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Demdem(m): 1:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
jemman: Jonathan, Jonathan must hv been taking to much ogogoro lately
and who we interview d new lecturers
does he even know how d univeristy system works.

Wike, Bipi, Abati and their cohorts will conduct the interview grin
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by dridowu: 1:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
I smell continuity of strike DEC 4 is just a matter of days
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
theoctopus:

You cannot compare this to Abacha's situation. Abacha never gave them so much respect and time. They have abused the goodwill extended to them and lost public sympathy.
Exactly. At the moment, ASUU only enjoys the sympathy of Tinubu dogs who see the ongoing strike as part of the instruments of making the country ungovernable for GEJ, who they hate so much

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by khamas19: 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
...who is advising this cow?...
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by nuclearboy(m): 1:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
horrific and daft timing - a bit more quiet would have broken their ranks but in dis one stupid stroke, you have given them reason to get angry and continue fighting.

abacha lost against these people! point is where do you want to find qualified manpower to fill those spaces? or can a B.Sc holder lecture 400 level students? if the medical lecturers refuse to go back, is it new graduates that will handle medical classes?

often times, it seems to me that the people advising GEJ are actually planning for his downfall! because when the lecturers get angry and refuse, he will (like npdp) start calling them back for meetings and further lose respect!

the man has totally demystified the office of the president

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Youngzedd(m): 1:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
musiwa112: if jonathan was not too proud and ask me, i will help him beg all nigeria professors, they will listen to me. but i have not got involve because i mind my own business. the professors are very reasonable people and i believe, they will listen to me.

Jona have already begged them, so you want him to go naked before you notice it. 13 hours meeting...
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by onipedelekan(m): 1:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
Obj do more than that!
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Olaolufred(m): 1:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
THIS IS HOW ASUU FARE UNDER IBB AND ABACHA.
MAY BE GENERAL JONATHAN CAN TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

courtsey of Wikipedia on history of ASUU strike.

Military regime

The union was active in struggles against the military regime during the 1980s.[1] In 1988 the union organized a National Strike to obtain fair wages and university autonomy. As a result, the ASUU was proscribed on 7 August 1988 and all its property seized. It was allowed to resume in 1990, but after another strike was again banned on 23 August 1992. However, an agreement was reached on 3 September 1992 that met several of the union's demands including the right of workers to collective bargaining. The ASUU organized further strikes in 1994 and 1996, protesting against the dismissal of staff by the Sani Abacha military regime.[1]

MY TAKE:
IF ASUU COULD REMAIN AFTER THE IBB AND ABACHA'S VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH.
I AM KEENLY WATCHING TO SEE WHAT GENERAL EBELE CAN DO.
IF HE CAN PUT AN END TO ASUU, THEN HE BECOMES THE FIRST FIELD-MARSHAL NIGERIA WILL EVER HAVE.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by theoctopus: 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
nuclearboy: horrific and daft timing - a bit more quiet would have broken their ranks but in dis one stupid stroke, you have given them reason to get angry and continue fighting.

abacha lost against these people! point is where do you want to find qualified manpower to fill those spaces? or can a B.Sc holder lecture 400 level students? if the medical lecturers refuse to go back, is it new graduates that will handle medical classes?

often times, it seems to me that the people advising GEJ are actually planning for his downfall! because when the lecturers get angry and refuse, he will (like npdp) start calling them back for meetings and further lose respect!

the man has totally demystified the office of the president

We know that for people like you, the strike is a political capital to further your "bring Nigeria down" campaign. Nothing new there. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls How Will I Switch On The Bluetooth Of My Digital Headset N85 Zealot Version / Assu Calls Of Strike / Ten Everyday Saying That Make No Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.