Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. (40863 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? / Igbo Attire And Its Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by jnrbayano(m): 2:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
Isioma - Good Head / Wise Head cool

Chei!

You don't know the meaning of your name?

Which one is Good head/ wise head?
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by glossy6(f): 9:14am On Jan 16, 2016
iamdsam:
Mine is Oghenenyerhovwo meaning God answers prayers. I'm an Urhobo from Delta State.

That's what my neighbour translated my Igbo name "Chilasa" to

God answers
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by spafu(m): 11:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
Greatpooss:
Origin: Ibie(Edo). Name: Omokhagbor. Meaning: child is life.
Child is the world
I think life is Aiyeme/Aiyemhe
So child is life will go more like Omokhaaiyeme
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Living4christ(m): 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
Chizobem - God guide me.

proudly Igbo
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by queenjoe(f): 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
Oghale meaning Blessing
Isoko, Delta State
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by prissyluv(f): 11:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
spafu:

Child is the world

I believe ua edo. Can u pls translate destiny to an edo name for me. Or the true meaning of Osawe. Thanks.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by tpiar: 12:05am On Mar 22, 2016
prissyluv:

I believe ua edo. Can u pls translate destiny to an edo name for me. Or the true meaning of Osawe. Thanks.

which specific Edo language do you want Destiny translated to?

http://www.edofolks.com/html/pub172.htm
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by prissyluv(f): 12:13am On Mar 22, 2016
tpiar:

which specific Edo language do you want Destiny translated to?

http://www.edofolks.com/html/pub172.htm
Bini ma.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by tpiar: 12:19am On Mar 22, 2016
prissyluv:

Bini ma.

ok ma.

Seems Destiny may be Agha or Awon/Awo going by this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/902334/proudly-bini-names-meaning

since Amen is water (Omi).
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by prissyluv(f): 12:41am On Mar 22, 2016
tpiar:

ok ma.
Seems Destiny may be Agha or Awon/Awo going by this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/902334/proudly-bini-names-meaning

since Amen is water (Omi).
Thanks so much ma,I do appreciate.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by tpiar: 1:29am On Mar 22, 2016
you're welcome ma.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by tpiar: 2:20am On Mar 22, 2016
yominaire:
Tribe: yoruba.
The longest Yoruba name. OTAIBAYOMIOBAOLUWANIKOJE. Meaning: enemies would have made mockery of me, if not for God.

its also OTAIBAYOMISUGBONOLOUNOJE.

and yes, it's the longest Yoruba name.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by spafu(m): 4:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
prissyluv:

We have different dialects in Edo state and as such you will find different ways of been called destiny. But from I site I will provide you below, I was able to get " Gods says or
decides" as the meaning of Osawe. The same site gave Amenaghawon (The water you shall drink) as Destiny.
The site is:
www.edofolks.com/html/pub172.htm
However, this other site I pasted below, so Osawe as "God is all caused it for me(sic)",and Amenaghwon as "My Share". So which one of this two names sound more like Destiny to you?
The second site is:
www.edoworld.net/Edo_Africa_names_dictionary_A.html
Check them both.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by mightyokwy(m): 7:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
Okwuchukwu or Okwy meaning word of God. In one word Gospel.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Greatpooss(m): 3:47pm On May 28, 2016
spafu:

Child is the world
Please tell me what 'Agbor' is.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by spafu(m): 6:33pm On May 28, 2016
Greatpooss:
Please tell me what 'Agbor' is.
Agbor is the world
Try saying, we brought nothing to this world in Ibie.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by agadam(m): 8:33pm On May 29, 2016
Igala
Ojonimi meaning God own life
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Collinz2(m): 9:04pm On May 30, 2016
Peremobowei meaning king wey come with riches.

2 Likes

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
can u pls introduce yourself. Are you an Igala man?
yea y ask?
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
luli:
From the Uneme tribe of Edo state, my native name is "RekpemhinOghene" translated as give thanks/praise to God.
that looks like a urhobo mutant name
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by poranta(f): 8:53am On Oct 12, 2016
ifyDean:
My sistas name...but u can ans Harachi too?...lol

kosarachi
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by habundanz(m): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
eromosele...meaning..prayer is capable
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 25, 2016
omenkishk:

If eneojo means son of God what does ''omojo'' mean? Ma broda d meaning of ur name is 'man of God'
what's the difference?
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by zhiiee(f): 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2017
Offiong .(Moon)
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by LotannaOffia(m): 10:42am On Feb 08, 2017
Mine is Lotanna, which means to remember your Father.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by iRepNaija1: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2017
Dannylux:

Igbo angry

It's Igbo or Ibo.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by agent9(m): 10:40am On Oct 18, 2017
mine is OLUWATOMISIN
meaning - The Lord is enough for me to serve

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

To Maintain The Rolls-Royce Of The Emir Of Kano, Sanusi: See What It Takes / Memunat Omowunmi Adeyemi Celebrates Her Birthday With Beautiful Photos / Stylish Oluwo Of Iwo Shows Off His Swags As He Strolls With Other Kings In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.