Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card (17727 Views)

Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) / National Identity Number Mandatory From September / President Jonathan's National Identity Card (For Age Clarification Rumour) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by nagoma(m): 11:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nigeria go better. All that is needed is for people from the axis of EVIL -APC e-warriors, Tinubu, Buhari and Boko Haram- to give this president some breathing space.

A man who cannot breath for 3 years is not only dead but rotten. And you claim to be a Doctor! Your hero stinks of corruption and incompetence.

2 Likes

Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by onyxo76(m): 11:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ozonna: My brothers, this na real end time things (ett) cheesy.

If you don't understand, read Revelations .......
666 in da pipeline... hmm

1 Like

Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
Rednaxelot: what if it get lost?
Na wahala be that o!

From the report, you can choose to put money on it and withdraw anywhere in the world and you could choose not to cheesy
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by Dextra(f): 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
I've lost my old National ID card. How can I get a new one? cry
What are the processes? I hope I don't need a place report, I don't ever want to set foot in a police station.

1 Like

Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by Dahkogrin007(m): 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
D great University of Ilorin issued her student sometin lyk dat n probably beta
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by dhaewood(m): 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
END TIME THINGS............. FROM THERE WE MOVE TO CHIPS INSERTED INTO OUR PALMS..............READ MORE............
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1711-Qzvxk4
[b][/b]
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
kingoflag: Tell ur principals they are dumb as hell. Not just for hiring you, but this is not how to go about collating vital statistics in the country by selling the country's citizen's biometrics information to foreign banks who will in turn sell it to foreign Govt's to commit all kinds of acts with!!!! Are u guys ok? Do you even have an idea what the hell ure doing?

What position would this post be on my dumbest-post list for this month? No. 3 is fair cheesy
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by HuJJC(m): 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
“If you are an alien and you think you can continue doing that and go scot-free, then the person’s time is numbered because very soon, we will get to him or her,” he said. (NAN)

Calling them aliens ...lol.
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by dhaewood(m): 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
[url]youtube.com/watch?v=USPF0wVuwQ4[/url] NEXT LEVEL
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by GboyegaD(m): 11:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
How successful is the issuance of the id card itself? I wonder why we don't like to walk before we start running in Nigeria. The good side is that it is one's choice to put money on it.
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by Vinsaint(m): 11:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
Na him be say we dey grow.
and e go reduce fraud and crime
even moni lundary. smiley.

But is evrybody havin de national ID?
If u dont have it and police controls u
wat wil happen? cos here, its a most
dat u most go even to the toilet
Failure to go with it and control comes ur
way. Na deportation be dat. But if ur a citizen
u have a ticket which is 80-100 euros.
I hope one person will not have about 5 copies.
Meanwhile do we have Social Security Number?
The number controls de identity of every citizen. No one
can impersonate anyone. All these helps to reduce crime
in Western Europe. It can also help in our country.
smiley smiley
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by 24in7: 12:04am On Nov 29, 2013
ATM card Wit or witout Code, just asking
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by nnamdizen(m): 12:10am On Nov 29, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
take dat: This is a country where N75billion was allocated for data capturing machines for voters registration, even after spending such an humongous amount and biometric data collection we still find ourselves in situations where names suddenly disappear from the voters register simply because some government officials are in the habit of tampering with it. How are we sure our thieving government officials won't manipulate our data/information to commit fraud? When bankers who are expected to abide by strict ethics connive with fraudsters to commit ATM fraud, why should I then trust our dishonest and ever-swelling cult of thieves in government?
no system is ever created perfect or without the try and error element in play! Our dear country is just passing through the lava/pupa stage of life and I believe with our collective effort, we can help open up the cocoon to speed up her growth to maturity.
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by dhaewood(m): 12:23am On Nov 29, 2013
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by dhaewood(m): 12:24am On Nov 29, 2013
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 29, 2013
What a laudable achievement. This would further enhance the CBN's cash less policy, as more people would likely have the National card, compared to the bank ATM cards.

However, I don't think European countries, the US and others would accept a mere ID card as a substitute for a passport. The card would, at best, be accepted by fellow ECOWAS countries; because the ECOWAS charter already promotes the free movement of persons within the region.

1 Like

Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by dhaewood(m): 12:27am On Nov 29, 2013
AGreenRoad - India Biometrics Program And National ID Card Processing 1.2 Billion People................................
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCIZTNxPQTE&list=PLA73XWRXkXISCizyK44TCZRRUR30ncQwP&index=18
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 29, 2013
Where is the card.......did mine since August 2013? Talk talk!

1 Like

Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by KiKatanga: 12:33am On Nov 29, 2013
Fantastic. Nigeria will be a lot safer once people realise that without your ID you can't do much.
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by taharqa: 12:53am On Nov 29, 2013
cumpaddre:
Lemmie ask you a question bro, what if u wake up one day and you hear the news on the radio that GEJ has joined APC. What will you do?

Ngwa mecho nu gi (I think I get am? tongue)!!

God forbid bad thing... Infact, the Devil is a Liar.

Join wetin

1 Like

Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 29, 2013
Vin saint: Na him be say we dey grow.
and e go reduce fraud and crime
even moni lundary. smiley.

But is evrybody havin de national ID?
If u dont have it and police controls u
wat wil happen? cos here, its a most
dat u most go even to the toilet
Failure to go with it and control comes ur
way. Na deportation be dat. But if ur a citizen
u have a ticket which is 80-100 euros.
I hope one person will not have about 5 copies.
Meanwhile do we have Social Security Number?
The number controls de identity of every citizen. No one
can impersonate anyone. All these helps to reduce crime
in Western Europe. It can also help in our country.
smiley smiley
what is dis one saying? Are u in an Arabic country? Ur use of English is pathetic, u must be an nna

1 Like

Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by frankcimc(m): 1:12am On Nov 29, 2013
A very good one from FG, I would have suggest they improve on the previous one which is very simple without much features but make very sure that all citizen has an identification number or code.
Other features like the ATM etc. will now follow after everyone/banks/companies/ministries/etc must have gotten use to the use of National ID.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by cumpaddre(m): 1:44am On Nov 29, 2013
taharqa:

Ngwa mecho nu gi (I think I get am? tongue)!!

God forbid bad thing... Infact, the Devil is a Liar.

Join wetin
LOOOOOOL! A PEEEE SEEEAAAA cheesy
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by gnykelly(m): 2:21am On Nov 29, 2013
very risky. Foreign security agencies can easily break into the system and commit fraud. I hope they put it on blackberry server cos i heard it is the most secure in the world
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by born2boink(m): 2:43am On Nov 29, 2013
gny kelly: very risky. Foreign security agencies can easily break into the system and commit fraud. I hope they put it on blackberry server cos i heard it is the most secure in the world
why not Android server?
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by gRutiE(f): 3:45am On Nov 29, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm SMH End Time tins
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by Nobody: 3:58am On Nov 29, 2013
Promhize:

What position would this post be on my dumbest-post list for this month? No. 3 is fair cheesy
Obviously ure too stu.pid to understand why I'm against foreign governments and institutions having 100% access to ur biometric info but u just had to say something. I bet u don't even have an authentic birth certificate.

Man, gtfoh.
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by redcliff: 4:41am On Nov 29, 2013
THIS IS UTMOST BULL!@SHIT. Misplaced priorities once again. Where in the world is this done? IT doesnt Just make sense. Let the banks be banks and Let the ATMs be ATMs. LEt ID CARDS BE ID CARDS !!!!
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by Obalende: 4:50am On Nov 29, 2013
this really is end time things...
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by ichommy(m): 5:24am On Nov 29, 2013
I pray o
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by Lawalemi(m): 5:33am On Nov 29, 2013
Good on paper
Re: National Identity Card To Become ATM, Travel Card by Meegan: 5:51am On Nov 29, 2013
pendusky: so what will happen to my 2 master cards from my banks?? and to which bank will we deposit money to debit our card whenever we want..
They didn't say it will replace atm card but it can be used as an atm card if you load it. So your usual bank atm cards will still be active

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Election: A Physically Challenged Man Casting His Vote (Photo) / Buhari To Visit Lagos Tomorrow, Wednesday, April 24, 2019 / 2023: We Won’t Accept Old, Sick People - Arewa Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.