Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,642 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Shyness Is A Curse - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Shyness Is A Curse (2212 Views)

Virginity @25 Is A Curse Not Decency. / When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. / Vertedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shyness Is A Curse by CastingCrowns(f): 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
I hate being shy....i hate being self conscious....i hate not been able to look people in the eye.
Shyness robs one of many things....am just happy ave nipped it in the bud....lets share our experiences people.....wat shyness has cost us as individuals.
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by SBJoji(m): 8:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sometimes it comes as a reflex action! You can control it not as you wish.

1 Like

Re: Shyness Is A Curse by 7footre(m): 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
BRB!
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Vivly(f): 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
Brb
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Rednaxelot: 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
Shyness isn't a curse but a reaction as a result of insecurity in the environment wherever one is.

Those days when i was young, even to my teenage years, i did feel shy. When i decided to look into the reasons why i did feel shy, i discovered that the reasons were;

when with a lady, did think the lady is more pretty than what i can handle and i began to shiver and unable to dispense a good masculin action and words to the lady.

When with guys, i thought of my dressing not matching up with the standard of the guys around and started to feel i don't belong to the 'serie A' of those guys but 'serie B'.

Later, i started to build myself up psychologically that am the best of my kind and nothing can be compared to me. View myself up to the standard of every guys and also that one doesn't have to be handsome to date the most beautiful lady, setting many cases in the celebs' arena to build myself up.

Lastly, i made sure i read and know many things for me not to be dumb where intelligent people are interacting.

7 Likes

Re: Shyness Is A Curse by sweetestguy(m): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
Shyness made me loose a girl way bak in my jss3,I cudnt jus approach her,meanwhile I later found out dat she was also dieing for me,I nearly killed mysef,from dat day, no more shame-shy..I don tear eye

2 Likes

Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
CastingCrowns: I hate being shy....i hate being self conscious....i hate not been able to look people in the eye.
Shyness robs one of many things....am just happy ave nipped it in the bud....lets share our experiences people.....wat shyness has cost us as individuals.
if you single we sure cud work things out although not 2 cute but i'm aiit.
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
I don't think it's a curse; it's a human trait that has its adverse effects.
I was a little shy in my secondary school days too. cool
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Iaz93: 12:56am On Nov 29, 2013
undecidedundecided
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by elrony(m): 1:37am On Nov 29, 2013
Shyness!!!...complicated on my side grin grin angry

Really cost me things i'd never be able to get back again!! cry
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Thavik(m): 1:49am On Nov 29, 2013
shyness...hmm, battled with that little biitch for a while.....find the source, usually due to insecurities, Are you too short for your liking, ugly, or other undesirable things you consider yourself to be....once y0u have found out, you are half way there...and you will realize that what you were thinking of your self isnt half true...

I used to be shy cos i was too short being 5"10, buh now im 6"4 hehehe....
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 29, 2013
ya,use to be shy back then in sec skul,but ever since my mindset changed to a positive one,ever since i cultivated that act of not caring what anybody thinks about me,that act is now part of me,like now i can look anybody in the eyes and talk with great confidence,be it president jonathan or the pure water seller,now no matter how beautiful a girl is,i dnt care if she's the miss world,i would never get nervous around her because my mind doesn't carry 2much load,my mind is relaxed and as free as the air.

2 Likes

Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Mavor: 8:46am On Nov 29, 2013
If you have your kpetus licked every morning before work, you wont be shy. FACT!!!
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by mencade6: 10:07am On Nov 29, 2013
shyness has robbed me from dating ogugua88, alutacontinua, idowuogbo, harbosede, booqee, mrs. Chima, ishilove, caracta, casting crowns, ms-pee, and so many of them.

Oh God, i dont want to be shy again.
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by misterjosh(m): 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
Shyness actually cost me my date to our prom night while I was in second skl, nd also made me to miss d prom entirely.
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by EejaNla01(m): 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
E b like say na all of us shy for secondary skul, embarassed
Mine seem seasonal,can be shy in Nov and be damn Bold in DEC. embarassed
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Gabreal1(m): 3:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
I feel like im havin too much attention to mysef, makes me xo shy. (i can't even use spectacles).
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Thavik(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
Gab-real:
I feel like im havin too much attention to mysef, makes me xo shy. (i can't even use spectacles).
trust me bro, it jappens to the best of us from time to time
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Thavik(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
Gab-real:
trust me bro, it happens to the best of us from time to time
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by IAMBREEZY: 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
Brb
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
shyness is just a terrible curse and timidity and cowardice is worse. I cant count how many things shyness has cost me. A book wont finish it.
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
Krystalxxx: shyness is just a terrible curse and timidity and cowardice is worse. I cant count how many things shyness has cost me. A book wont finish it.
lol, aww sorry.
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by hotmolo(m): 11:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
Shyness is peculiar to virgins
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Thavik: shyness...hmm, battled with that little biitch for a while.....find the source, usually due to insecurities, Are you too short for your liking, ugly, or other undesirable things you consider yourself to be....once y0u have found out, you are half way there...and you will realize that what you were thinking of your self isnt half true...

I used to be shy cos i was too short being 5"10, buh now im 6"4 hehehe....
5'10 is not short oo. angry angry
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by elrony(m): 11:25pm On Nov 30, 2013
Yield:

lol..yea...

Laff wan scatter my belle after I finished setting up Xmas tree at home yesterday...n it was taller than urs truly!! grin grin grin
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
elrony:

lol..yea...

Laff wan scatter my belle after I finished setting up Xmas tree at home yesterday...n it was taller than urs truly!! grin grin grin
Christmas trees are typically tall, yea. 5'10 is still not short, at least for a girl. tongue
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:00am On Dec 01, 2013
Hmm.. Shyness!!! Still facing that shiiii.. I wish I can overcome it faster, but I know I will get there someday... It has cost me a lot of things...
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by slimfit2(m): 1:49am On Dec 01, 2013
shyness.. of cos av had my own fair share of DAT disease especially when it comes to relating with d opposite sex BT my brkthru came when one spirit just came upon me d odaday afta Church service and I greeted one fyn gal and to my surprise she responded and we gat talking...
I was amazed and stunned BkOS 1)I didn't know what gave me d courage to approach her since DAT wasn't my 1st tym of seeing her( I see her almost evrywk in Church BT her beauty scares me away, u knw d she is out of ur league mentality) 2) she gave me her undivided attention
Na DAT day my wahala solve oh and I waved bye bye to Mr shyness...
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Thavik(m): 10:34am On Dec 01, 2013
Yield:
if you leave in my house its o
Re: Shyness Is A Curse by Youngpo413: 10:27am On Oct 16, 2014
LogoDWhiz:
Hmm.. Shyness!!! Still facing that shiiii.. I wish I can overcome it faster, but I know I will get there someday... It has cost me a lot of things...

(1) (Reply)

Common Kissing Mistakes / Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? / Valentine Hangout!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.