Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,783 members, 7,802,426 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

13 Advantages Of Blogger.com Over Other Blogging Platforms - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 13 Advantages Of Blogger.com Over Other Blogging Platforms (3872 Views)

Is "BLOGGER.COM " Down On ? / I Want To Create Site Like Blogger.com. Would You Like That / How Do I Add Blog To My Website From Blogger.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

13 Advantages Of Blogger.com Over Other Blogging Platforms by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
In this post, I will be discussing two main big questions that too many people have asked in the past and are still asking till date. The questions are:

1. Is Blogger.com A Good Blogging Platform?

2. What Do I Stand to Benefit in Blogger?

In answering the above questions, I will be very honest with you. As you well know already, so many persons have said and are still saying that blogger.com is for unserious people or beginners in the blogging industry, some have told me that if really I desire to make blogging a career and hope to make money I must stop using blogger.com.

I want to state here that these people have not yet realized the many benefits of this blogging platform called Blogger.com.

First Answer: I want to start by saying that as the way of life is; everything has advantages and disadvantages so Blogger.com should not be an exemption.
Therefore, Blogger.com is yes a very good blogging platform. You only need to know how to maximize these many benefits.

Second Answer: There are too many benefits you stand to derive from Blogger.com. So here I will be highlighting the many advantages which Blogger.com has over other blogging platforms.
I also want to state here that the advantages of Blogger.com are far greater than the disadvantages.

May I quickly state here that the ONLY major disadvantage of Blogger.com is that your blog may be deleted if it is discovered to be violating their terms, remember, you are in agreement with blogger.com to use their free platform so play be the rules.

Now the Benefits of Blogger.com:
1. Creation Of Widgets: You can create simple widgets to fancy your blog with simple html and JavaScript. You don’t need to learn many HTML languages or such stuff before using blogger platform.

2. Multiple Blog Accessibility: You can create and manage as many blogger blogs as possible and access all of them from one dashboard. I mean from one Gmail account. Isn’t that great? You can manage as many blogs as you want just from one dashboard for free.

3. Bandwidth: This is not a thing to bother about because Blogger.com gives you unlimited bandwidth. You can get as much traffic as you want unlike other blogging platforms like Wordpress where you have limited bandwidth even when you buy unlimited bandwidth, it is not always unlimited.

4. Security: Have no worries or fear about the security of your blog; Blogger.com blogs are secured as far as your Google account is secured. You don’t need to bother about installing security widgets like you do in Wordpress where you have to bother on installing tons of security plugins.

I have never heard anything that someone has hacked Google.com or something like that. Have you heard such before? In Blogger.com you are more than safe and secured. Your blog and its contents are 100% safe with blogger until you share your password with someone else.
Read full story at: http://www.oracleblogger.com/2013/12/13-advantages-of-bloggercom-over-other.html
Re: 13 Advantages Of Blogger.com Over Other Blogging Platforms by bizfirst: 5:50am On Nov 29, 2013
stbaby: In this post, I will be discussing two main big questions that too many people have asked in the past and are still asking till date. The questions are:

1. Is Blogger.com A Good Blogging Platform?

2. What Do I Stand to Benefit in Blogger?

In answering the above questions, I will be very honest with you. As you well know already, so many persons have said and are still saying that blogger.com is for unserious people or beginners in the blogging industry, some have told me that if really I desire to make blogging a career and hope to make money I must stop using blogger.com.

I want to state here that these people have not yet realized the many benefits of this blogging platform called Blogger.com.

First Answer: I want to start by saying that as the way of life is; everything has advantages and disadvantages so Blogger.com should not be an exemption.
Therefore, Blogger.com is yes a very good blogging platform. You only need to know how to maximize these many benefits.

Second Answer: There are too many benefits you stand to derive from Blogger.com. So here I will be highlighting the many advantages which Blogger.com has over other blogging platforms.
I also want to state here that the advantages of Blogger.com are far greater than the disadvantages.

May I quickly state here that the ONLY major disadvantage of Blogger.com is that your blog may be deleted if it is discovered to be violating their terms, remember, you are in agreement with blogger.com to use their free platform so play be the rules.

Now the Benefits of Blogger.com:
1. Creation Of Widgets: You can create simple widgets to fancy your blog with simple html and JavaScript. You don’t need to learn many HTML languages or such stuff before using blogger platform.

2. Multiple Blog Accessibility: You can create and manage as many blogger blogs as possible and access all of them from one dashboard. I mean from one Gmail account. Isn’t that great? You can manage as many blogs as you want just from one dashboard for free.

3. Bandwidth: This is not a thing to bother about because Blogger.com gives you unlimited bandwidth. You can get as much traffic as you want unlike other blogging platforms like Wordpress where you have limited bandwidth even when you buy unlimited bandwidth, it is not always unlimited.

4. Security: Have no worries or fear about the security of your blog; Blogger.com blogs are secured as far as your Google account is secured. You don’t need to bother about installing security widgets like you do in Wordpress where you have to bother on installing tons of security plugins.

I have never heard anything that someone has hacked Google.com or something like that. Have you heard such before? In Blogger.com you are more than safe and secured. Your blog and its contents are 100% safe with blogger until you share your password with someone else.
Read full story at: http://www.oracleblogger.com/2013/11/13-advantages-of-bloggercom-over-other.html

Sorry bust your bubble, dude. Blogger is quite inferior to Wordpress so far as the race for CMS superiority is concerned.

Now, let's analyze:

1. Wordpress has got an amazing number of themes and plugins that make the collection of blogger child's play. This is because, more than 80 percent of the world's blogs run on Wordpress CMS, economies of scale, if you like.

2. Wordpress gives you freedom and independence it is difficult to rival. Remeber the popular ogbongeblog crisis? That guy was on blogger!

3. Most of the classical SEO plugins like WP SEO by Yoast, SEO Pressor etc have no blogger equivalents. It is little wonder that blogger blogs are poorly optimized SEO wise.

I could go on...but I haven't got the time. Comparing the two CMS is like comparing your old 1.6 litre Corolla to a V12 MB, AMG version!
Re: 13 Advantages Of Blogger.com Over Other Blogging Platforms by sunnedee: 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
#bizfirst#:

Sorry bust your bubble, dude. Blogger is quite inferior to Wordpress so far as the race for CMS superiority is concerned.

Now, let's analyze:

1. Wordpress has got an amazing number of themes and plugins that make the collection of blogger child's play. This is because, more than 80 percent of the world's blogs run on Wordpress CMS, economies of scale, if you like.

2. Wordpress gives you freedom and independence it is difficult to rival. Remeber the popular ogbongeblog crisis? That guy was on blogger!

3. Most of the classical SEO plugins like WP SEO by Yoast, SEO Pressor etc have no blogger equivalents. It is little wonder that blogger blogs are poorly optimized SEO wise.

I could go on...but I haven't got the time. Comparing the two CMS is like comparing your old 1.6 litre Corolla to a V12 MB, AMG version!
What you said above is applicable to self hosted wordpress. The op is trying to compare blogger with .
Even though he is wrong in some aspects, there are some truth in his argument.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Your Own Online Radio Station (tutorials) / Introducing The World Best School Management System Web Application-S.D.O.S.M.S / Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria. The Beginners Complete Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.