Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers (31628 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by thegeorgy(f): 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
why am i not surprised when Nigeria is a place where we beg terrorist/pay them for killing people while we threaten lecturers.*long hisssssssssssssss

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by CATEMARY(f): 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Let's fight, let's fight no one knows whom fighting would favor!! ASUU tink about it!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Miscellaneous(m): 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
This will only end in favour of one party. . .whether we all agree or not! The question is, which of the parties ?
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Thankgodtt(m): 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Now I clearly see dat this assu ppl won't to destroy my academic carer--- xo selfish-- opon everything Gej tried doing, u guyz still dnt want to listing-i

Plz. How can 1 get admission in any uni in Ghana. Plz pm me if u hav useful information....

Assu--- I just hope non of ur kids are in skul
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Sasquare1(m): 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
The fact is that not all the lectural are in surport of ASUU actions...so many lectural ar behind fg on this

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by solacec4t(f): 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sack Profs, Associate Profs, Drs?

Hmm. I can only imagine how the recruiting exercise would be,

Well, i wish them all the best in their search for new lecturers.

I shall just watch and see how it ends.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
All this children sef. Have you forgotten ow the things goes. You have junior lecturers, lecturer 1, graduate assistant, senior lecturers,drs, associate professors, professors etc. When u sack all, where do u start from? Maybe we will start with prof jega, he will resign as inec chairman and resume as a lecturer in one of the unis, then GEJ was a lecturer, he will resign as the president and lecture in one of the zoology department in the numerous unis we have. Need I remind some people that the units are even short of lecturerers. I remember a lecturer handling 3 of my courses in 500l. Engineering for that matter. And you want to sack the ones u have? Maybe u guys want all ur lecturers to be graduate assistants/ junior lecturers.
You think experienced candidates will rush for the job so that tmr you can saack them too when they start making their demands too. Most of the students shouting they want to go back are just interested in the freedom, scamming parents, partying,bleeping of babes, clubbing etc. Cos if you have a common sense you will knw the implications of what is happening. They tried during the military era without success. How long will the police remain on campuses, when they are meant to be out there fighting crimes.

Why are u guys getting angry this guys are demanding for money? @ least this guys are doing some measure of work unlike the govt officials that keep embezzling money without results. Less than 500 bunch of 'people' eat 30% of the annual budget every yr. Haba u people should think well on this.

Their salaries have been budgeted for. If they don't pay them who will eat the money? Do you guys actually prefer some bunch of politicians to actually eat that money again knowing fully well it will never fnd its way to the national treasury again rather it will be embezzled again with no records. FG caused the strike in the 1st place.

24 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Symphony007: 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
This FG threat will be a catastrophy. That's what you get when you have an area boy like ezenwor wike advising the president as minister for education. Their are 60,000 empty spots in federal universities which the FG has not been able to fill and now they want to sack the entire rouster, where will they find replacements? Profs, doctors, emeritus luminaries? Goodluck mr president!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by DKJaleel: 2:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
priscaoge: The fate of Nigerian students lies in the hands on bunch of fools(FG & ASUU).....God is watching you all via His Plasma TV
..and laughing at your fo.olishness

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by DKJaleel: 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
#teamASUU...FG must bow...we are tired of studying in abysmal conditions, the university education system must improve by fire by force...

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by people3: 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
the lecturers shuld be sack ....if dey like dey shuld not resume on or before 4 dec ...stupid ASUU ...imagine everybd knows no-work no-pay policy,dey a asking 4 4months old strike arrears without no work... rubbish ASUU
People are looking 4 jobs outsides... Dey shuld be sack nd look 4 competent people to replace dem Foolish ASUU ppl time wasters

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by musty001: 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
*lols* dammmmmmmm!
this drama x getting more interesting.
Left 4 me,jan. thingz on point
guys,u do the same
*i dey cum make i go give dat gal*
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Miscellaneous(m): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU vs Gej
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
Lets see whether jona wont eat his words like the MAULAG issue.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by MAYOWAAK: 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
As FG threatens mass sack of lecturers, if strike isn't called off,
here are our new lecturers:Nysom Wike may begin to lecture
Political Science,Goodluck Jonathan to teach Zoology;Anyim Pius Anyim, Local Govt Studies;Patience Jonathan, Biology/Maths;Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to take Economics;Sanusi Lamido Sanusi,Accounting;Julius Okojie(NUC), Educational Administration/ Management;Reuben Abati, Mass Communications;Deizani Alison-Mudueke, Chemical Engineering/ Petroleum Studies,Stella Odua, Transport Studies,David Mark, Military Studies,Labaran Maku, Public Administration... Let the list continue.Meanwhile, who among the government functionaries would take English? I would have suggested Dimeji Bankole but he's on political exile. If these people don't do the lecturing, who will?

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Ukutsgp(m): 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2013
Fg is joking, it really shows he is nt ready to release the money for the funding of our ailing institutions.

Strike should continue until that money is released. No money no resumption. Time 4 joke is over.

Let's see hw d threat goes.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Wizvic007(m): 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2013
uhmmmmmmm ok?? so wah do we do now?
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by hornytonia(f): 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
Am not a student,am an event manager,but know what you all,are passing through.
For those of you,that are upcoming artistes(singers&rappers),send your bio and track to musicpromoter9ja@mail.com.
Selected artistes will be promoted,and earn at least 20k per show,this december.You must have a good stage performance. Cheers.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by ddeola: 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
Fellow Nigerians, it's high time we sack this government. Or how on earth can a non-performing government be threatening those they have disabled from performing ?

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by priscaoge(f): 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by priscaoge(f): 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
DK Jaleel:
..and laughing at your fo.olishness
And what is this ape feeling like? Abeg hide
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by priscaoge(f): 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ukuts gp: Fg is joking, it really shows he is nt ready to release the money for the funding of our ailing institutions.

Strike should continue until that money is released. No money no resumption. Time 4 joke is over.

Let's see hw d threat goes.
You are right, Nigeria don't have money yet they keep looting our money and buying bullet proof cars.....FG is a big JOKER of the year. GEJ shud get ready to go back to classroom as a teacher where he started

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
coward fg
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Ugosample(m): 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
But to say the truth, most of our lecturers know nothing They hardly do research, copy and paste, handout, female and male sexual harassment, e.t.c. If they get the money, they must swear with jazz on their waist to repent of their evil ways. Students are the ultimate losers

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by 3kay945(m): 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU has responded. now I have updated my diary and my fingers remain crossed. cool
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by stagger: 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
kelvin.ginzie:
During Abacha's time,prices of things were much cheaper.Right now,the pains of being jobless is like hell,No lecturer will risk his job.

Says who? In 1996 a Professor was earning N10,000. Some soldiers were earning N3,000. Salaries were raised when Abacha died and Abdulsalam came to power. What was the purchasing power of the salaries then? Inflation then was also at 70%. What is the inflation rate now?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by takedat(m): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
Anyone with half a brain knows that the sack threat from government is an idle one and a display of empty bravado. Even if half of the lecturers decides to call the bluff of government, and they get sacked, it will take us years to get new and competent ones and presently the universities are short of teaching staff so it will be foolhardy to sack out of the few available. Or will government call on lecturers turned politicians like Prof Jerry Gana and co to return to the classrooms or is there a jankara market where we can easily get unemployed professors? The only way out is continuous dialogue and not a show of power. Our university system is already in crisis, so why should we then plunge it into deeper crises? Even the military failed with this approach(sack threat), how much less a civilian government?

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by norigams(m): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
Lol !! NLC dey warm up 2 support ASSU wt strike action, FG most eat their word
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by FiZYoH(m): 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
stagger:

Mr man, Abacha not only wrote sack letter, he issued eviction notices from their official residences. DID IT WORK? NO.

Fashola that sacked doctors: did he not call them back?

We are not in a military era. The use of such language by government will only fuel the suspicions of the striking lecturers. A typical lecturer is 10 years in the making, 20 years or more for Professors.

Ok, where will the government recruit the new lecturers from? FROM YOUR VILLAGE?
True. Talk,FG no fit. Dis 1 pass empty threat,dis na threat cald free to air

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Decentdamsel(f): 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hahahaha...every month z a new episode...I wonder wu z d actor en who's d boss...arms folded watching out for the 5th episode
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Skullomania(m): 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
ladepete: All this children sef. Have you forgotten ow the things goes. You have junior lecturers, lecturer 1, graduate assistant, senior lecturers,drs, associate professors, professors etc. When u sack all, where do u start from? Maybe we will start with prof jega, he will resign as inec chairman and resume as a lecturer in one of the unis, then GEJ was a lecturer, he will resign as the president and lecture in one of the zoology department in the numerous unis we have. Need I remind some people that the units are even short of lecturerers. I remember a lecturer handling 3 of my courses in 500l. Engineering for that matter. And you want to sack the ones u have? Maybe u guys want all ur lecturers to be graduate assistants/ junior lecturers.
You think experienced candidates will rush for the job so that tmr you can saack them too when they start making their demands too. Most of the students shouting they want to go back are just interested in the freedom, scamming parents, partying,bleeping of babes, clubbing etc. Cos if you have a common sense you will knw the implications of what is happening. They tried during the military era without success. How long will the police remain on campuses, when they are meant to be out there fighting crimes.

Why are u guys getting angry this guys are demanding for money? @ least this guys are doing some measure of work unlike the govt officials that keep embezzling money without results. Less than 500 bunch of 'people' eat 30% of the annual budget every yr. Haba u people should think well on this.

Their salaries have been budgeted for. If they don't pay them who will eat the money? Do you guys actually prefer some bunch of politicians to actually eat that money again knowing fully well it will never fnd its way to the national treasury again rather it will be embezzled again with no records. FG caused the strike in the 1st place.
On point. Please educate this children who just type without reasoning or should we say dat their reasoning is not yet mature.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Maritime Academy Of Nigeria Oron Registeration / Idogbo Secondary Students Edo Destroy School Properties, Attack Principal, Polic / Cynthia Chizoba Okoye Graduates As Doctor From Tulane University Medical School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.