Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers (31623 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by omenka(m): 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
hypenation: ASUU leaders are terrorist under the control of the opposition party! They will do anytin to hinder and destroy our education system. GEJ should disolve the association if he really want to put an end to this strike
Why dont you go disolve it yourself?? If you sack the profs, Assoc. Profs, and Drs, who are you gonna replace them with, graduate assistants? Wike is an uneducated thug who knows not the composition of a staff of universities hence his ill informed statement ystday. This man would cause more harm than good to the president.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Idriswhite(m): 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
I just got my recruitment letter. I am now an English Professor at Unilag. I am going to class. See you guys later.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by MAYOWAAK: 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU + RESUMPTION = GOODLUCK
ASUU + STRIKE = PATIENCE
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by masciv: 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
Diamond dris: Oh my God...am happy...i cant wait to start school...am a new recruit....

oh sorry.but your contract won't commence until 2014.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by jayte054: 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
f.g Re so full of shit, y can dey prove dey Re committed 2 making it work instead dey result to threats. u guys Re just fkd up relics dt should b done away with. I believe In ASUU's cause nd I'm with dem till d end.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by tpapi: 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU is askin where fg wil get lecturers to replace d strikin lectures, jus put out advert 4 lecturin vacancies, u go fear to see d amount of pple wey dey find lecturin job as dem go begin dey apply 4 dos jobs, nonsense

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by lavivi(f): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
HOPELESS FG, I strongly support ASUU, FG has shown that they are insincere about the agreement it enter with ASUU. Who breach de agreement abinito? FG. To be an ordinary lecturer2,it easy? Not to talk of snr lecturer or prof.. Let FG put all it agreed with lecturers in clear writing signed by Artoney General of de federation and CBN and pay de lecturers their outstandings shikena!
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by ichommy(m): 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
tendercharles: Take it or leave it, FG is bigger than ASUU, they can always find a way to deal with ASUU if they want to..

100% Correct

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Capisco(m): 3:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
The people supporting this latest barbaric and ill nurtured plan by the Fg are rather naive or senseless...count d numba of lecturers in ur skul and u wil discover dat even upon dat u stil hv visitin lecturers..so tel me who wil d Fg employ if they sack d current 1s,is it doz gainfully employed by private universities making their cool money?d important question is dat y is it so difficult for the president to put their agreement to paper if he is sincere..the fg is made up of rogues wit no exception

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Bestofralph(m): 3:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
I almost beat up somone for wishing me goodluck on my exams... I tot he meant GEJ- Failure!

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ok, now predict the scorelines btwn FG vs ASUU

1) FG: 2 vs ASUU: 1

2) FG: 2 vs ASUU: 2

3) FG: 2 vs ASUU: 3

85mins gone so far. Injury time! grin grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by danjalingo: 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
abhosts: It is indeed an empty threat. How many unemployed Professors are you aware of that can fill the void?

How many ASSU members are professors?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by takedat(m): 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
To the students who are in support of the sack threat, if your lecturers call the bluff of government and some of them get sacked, it is then that you would know that your journey of sitting at home as just begun because you need to see all the bureaucratic bottlenecks that accompany recruitment process in Nigeria. You may not have a lecturer to take a course throughout a session if government goes ahead to sack some of the striking lecturers. Continuous dialogue is the only solution.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Davicjoe(m): 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
may d God that we serve continue to punish ASUU and its stubborn members. it shall no be well with them. just feel lyk crying

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by sammsimm(m): 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
I dont need any prophet to tell me, these people (ASUU) are fighting for their own self-interest. Imagine whatelse do they want? Be paid 4 months arrears? 'HELL NO' they want to reap where they didnt sow. Let those lazy lecturers be replaced. There are first class, MSc, PHD students out there without job.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by masciv: 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
Thankgodtt: Now I clearly see dat this assu ppl won't to destroy my academic carer--- xo selfish-- opon everything Gej tried doing, u guyz still dnt want to listing-i

Plz. How can 1 get admission in Ghana. Plz pm me if u hav useful information....

Assu--- I just hope non of ur kids are in skul

You sure say you no be patience pikin?
Error 1 - want not won't
Error 2 - listen not listing.(You be youth corper)
Error 3 - ASUU not Assu.(You sure you're a student)
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by smithsammy(m): 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
dabrake: The Academic Staff Union of Universities has said the Federal Government’s December 4 ultimatum issued to universities teachers to return to the classrooms is a clear indication that the government is not committed to implementing any of the resolutions it reached with the union.
While reacting to the threat of the Federal Government to sack the lecturers if they fail to call off their five-month strike by Wednesday nest week, ASUU National Treasurer, Dr. Ademola Aremu, said the union was shocked that the government could have such plan when there was a shortfall of 60,000 lecturers in Nigerian universities, owing to the government’s failure to employ enough teachers.

He added that the threat would not hinder the union’s determination to ensure that Nigerian universities were well funded.
He said, “It is a pity if the Federal Government is not willing to perfect the resolutions reached with the union. This is why we find it difficult to trust our leaders by their words. How can someone be threatening to sack lecturers when universities are already short-staffed by almost 60,000? We are not in a military era. The military tried it and failed. This one will fail again. They can re-open the schools. ASUU did not shut the universities; it was the school management that ordered the students to go back home.”
ASUU added that the FG was wasting the time of Nigerians and youths in the country by failing to perfect the resolutions so that classes could resume in the schools.
Making reference to the failure of the government to honour the agreements it entered with resident doctors and health workers after they suspended their strikes, the union said it had reasons to be wary of the government, adding that the threat was an insult to the sensibilities of Nigerians who were waiting for the government for a positive reaction.
“With the latest action, the government has shown that it is not committed to all it has been saying. We are saying that since we agreed at the meeting that the sum of N200bn is for 2012 and 2013 revitalisation, the government should deposit same in the Central Bank of Nigerian. We are already in November and December is around the corner. If they don’t do that now, when do they want to do it?” Aremu said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ASUU-dismisses-fgs-threat-to-sack-lecturers/
meanwhile, this is what our gramalist, patrick obahiagbon has to say: This ASUU strike is a miasma of a deprecable apothesis of an hemorrhaging plutocracy, cascadingly oozing into a malodorous excrescence of mobocracy.
With all termagant ossifying proclivities of a kakistocracy, our knowledgia centura is enveloped in a paraphlegic crinkum crankum. Therefore ASUU, cest in dejavu, dejavu peret ologomabia. - Hon Patrick
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by YungLaw(f): 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
jaykaylegend: I wan knw where dis season film go finish!! Bt F.G big pass ASUU ooo nd na F.G get the schools. So make ASUU go find somewhere sit down..

Guy, shey u know say FG no go teach
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by obioraj: 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
What has ASUU done 4 d student?its d post ume the school loot from student or admission!were those lecturer will not come to class but sale textbook@ high cost.how d strick is 4 d interest of d student,nigerian youth be wise

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by tmtech: 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
I may partly agree wif some pple saying sacking them won't resolve the issue...buh if you fink dey are irreplaceable........hmmm
Picture this
If govt introduces 10 new federal unis won't they get new staff.....abi na for ur vilage dem go com recruit

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Miner13: 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
chimex38: To ASUU president, until sack letter appear 4 ur table, ur eye go clear.
U go tell me whether na FG. get schl or ASUU abi na Mgmt. Mtchwww.....
ok
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Tudorstar1: 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
why u people a nt facing reality,ASSU a in right path,tell F.G to listen to them
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Ugosample(m): 3:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
Symphony007: This FG threat will be a catastrophy. That's what you get when you have an area boy like ezenwor wike advising the president as minister for education. Their are 60,000 empty spots in federal universities which the FG has not been able to fill and now they want to sack the entire rouster, where will they find replacements? Profs, doctors, emeritus luminaries? Goodluck mr president!!
I want to fill up the space. make e be 59999 slots remaining. tongue tongue grin
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by shevi4mb(m): 3:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
I support ASUU. What ASUU want is clear, even tho, it might be in their own interest, we still know they are fighting for a course and the so called Government have promised to settle them.
All they want is d government to sign their agreement and what this foolish jonathan is gonna do is to issue a threat. 9ja government never cease to amaze me...lolzzzzz
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by seydam21(m): 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU vs FG season 9.....watch out!!!
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by oduason: 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
Jonathan is a very stupid man with bad advisers---and to all you idiots yearning rubbish if Jonathan suceeds in sacking all ASUU members where is he going to see the new lecturers to employ,your villages i guess?Silly lots.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Decentdamsel(f): 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
masciv:

You sure say you no be patience pikin?
Error 1 - want not won't
Error 2 - listen not listing.(You be youth corper)
Error 3 - ASUU not Assu.(You sure you're a student)

Hahaha,u dint see his "carer en opon"??
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Mickey7(m): 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
Thankgodtt: Now I clearly see dat this assu ppl won't to destroy my academic carer--- xo selfish-- opon everything Gej tried doing, u guyz still dnt want to listing-i

Plz. How can 1 get admission in Ghana. Plz pm me if u hav useful information....

Assu--- I just hope non of ur kids are in skul
opon...listing grin rotfl! Ghana is just the place for you grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Musharraf: 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
Bad Country Indeed....
God av mercy....
ASUU vs fg season 8 epiisode 26
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by YankeeJoe(m): 3:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ebig22: finish him.f.g to ASUU.
fatality

yes o.. FG na sha kahn while ASUU na shang-shung
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Miner13: 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
When the promises under church and mosque oath could not holds it way in marriage "that til death do us part".
If most new couples could result to court marriage where evry promises are zealed and stamped under law.
Now if ASUU are saying they can not marry the Fg with the same promises.
If there is much determination in fg to marry ASUU. Let fg zealed the promises with stamped signature.
Then ASUU as the bride will accept his groom.
#gbam# zealed
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Jman06(m): 3:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU is just being unreasonable in its demands this time and i strongly support the FG to take some drastic measures against them if they fail to resume work as directed.Enough of this political strike.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA / Maritime Academy Of Nigeria Oron Registeration / Idogbo Secondary Students Edo Destroy School Properties, Attack Principal, Polic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.