Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State (24628 Views)

Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms / Minor Could Be A Bride Stop The Fuse And Get Educated-muslim's View On Underage / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Sissie(f): 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
We do not have to turn everything into a Christianity vs islam thing. Destroying the bottles affect some Muslims too.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by alphaconde(m): 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sissie:

You are comparing alcohol with sugar really!!!!!!!

Alcohol does not only affect the drinker it affects others too, I.e the innocent bystander that gets killed by a drunk driver, the wife that gets molested, etc. The list is endless. Alcoholism is a disease and should be treated as one.

One does not need to be religious to be anti-alcohol.

Beautiful girl u have spoken intelligently, but then alcoholism and alcohol aren't same. I use alcohol appropriately and I like it.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by alphaconde(m): 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
mad nigerian:

Obesity, diabetes, hypertension, tooth decay, organ damage, fatigue....

Better to avoid sugar , and alcohol and be like [url]Jack La Lanne.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_lalanne[/url]

I have answered your question....now answer mine.......can you refute the points I have raised ? With science?

Alcoholisim has a bad effect on the body. Just ask people like Tony Adams(Arsenal and England player and captain 1983-2002).

You have spoken like a fine man. Well what am saying is that while condemning alcohol, you have to remember that alcohol is not the bad but alcoholism.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by idedan(m): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sissie:
What area in kano did it happen, because I know for a fact alcohol is allowed in the sabon gari area of kano state, any other part is not allowed. If this was done in sabon gari, it's totally wrong.

Even for the Muslims, breaking the bottles of alcohol makes no difference, people will still sell/buy alcohol.
. Nonesense, Sabin gari or the entire kano its still wrong. Leave ur religioncentric mindedness.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by EyesWideOpen(m): 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
BetaThings:

Really?
Please can you quote where you did this type of analysis when Muslims were (and still are) precluded from building a mosque in Rivers State University while the authorities of same University built several churches for Christians
They have even ignored court judgment
Sorry, Christianity CANNOT be an intolerant religion! Only Islam is

But Christians mounted a sustained campaign against Islamic Banking in this "free" country!
I can even be an unwitting victim of the reckless driving by an inebriated motorist.
So outside religion, some people in free countries frown at alcohol because it can fuel violence or accidents
I am scratching my head how Islamic Bank to be funded by private money (just like GT, First, Zenith and other banks) will affect anyone to justify the opposition by Christians
I am sorry, I missed the memo, Christianity CANNOT be an intolerant religion

Here we go. Christians have been fighting against Hijab for ever. What harm it does to them, I cannot fathom
They cane Muslim pupils in PUBLIC schools. When a newspaper reported that Lagos state had banned the Hijab, Christians were agog online
Sorry, I forgot that Christianity CANNOT be an intolerant religion

I have not seen Muslims take a position on a matter that will make Christians commit any sin. None
Christians want Muslims to deal in Riba (a sin) by using conventional banks
Christians want Muslims ladies to expose part of their bodies that Allah require them to cover (a sin)
The FG spending public money put up a national christmas tree in Abuja and ensured members of diplomatic corps were present
This army that would have been screaming against Hijab ban did you seen them? - please can you show me Muslims protesting?
But Islam is intolerant!

Let me ask: what would have been the reaction of CAN if it were a national Eid-el-Mawlid tree?

Hijab is a religious obligation and is compulsory everytime a Muslim lady is outdoors (it is not required at home)
Just like normal societies don't ask people to go out in the nude and take their baths at home with their clothes on
Banning alcohol is not an attack on any religion - it is not a religious duty - we should not mix dissimilar issues

BTW If people want to get drunk, they should be free to provided they don't run me over
However even Guinness recommends people start drinking as from 6pm

As for VAT, I support isolating VAT income from non-halal sources
Allah is sufficient for those who place their trust in him. Muslims should not eat from haram sources

^^^^

This is my view.

The OP is missing something, prohibition of the consumption of alcoholic beverages affects no religion!!!!!!

Since wen was alcohol consumption a rite in christianity?! Puhlease, peeps need to be thinking before they start ejaculating nonsense!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
@op
hypocrite will always be hypocrite.
both Christians and Muslims .. just that, it's very rampant among Muslims

look at tbaba and betathing posts... this is public display of "high tension" hypocrisy

because Muslims are majority in a particular place means the minority in that area can go to hell if they can't believe or abide by what majority believe. but if the table turns, they shout murder, declare fatwa and killing or beating will start.

you cannot start a church or temple is Saudi Arabia because Saudi belongs to Muslims but they have the gut to tell the french (probably a Christian nation) what dey should do with their law.
they cried to high heaven when some certain policies are not in their favor in Angola.
they beat teachers of a baptist school (a supposedly Christian school) to coma simply because they didn't allow their children to wear hijab when there is uniform for all. they believed its their right
if a Catholic child or a celestial or a pagan decides to dress in line with his or her belief to answeru deen or one of those almajiri schools, they start complaining n reminding you how the school belongs to them . the minority must obey the rule this time.

me I no have any thing to say before another hypocrite mod Go ban me

but it will be highly hypocritical for any Muslim to support what the so called governor did in a state that still runs federal law

5 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Dabss(m): 7:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sissie: We do not have to turn everything into a Christianity vs islam thing. Destroying the bottles affect some Muslims too.
it affects Muslims how?
Sissie:

You are comparing alcohol with sugar really!!!!!!!

Alcohol does not only affect the drinker it affects others too, I.e the innocent bystander that gets killed by a drunk driver, the wife that gets molested, etc. The list is endless. Alcoholism is a disease and should be treated as one.

One does not need to be religious to be anti-alcohol.
In other words, everyone that takes alcohol should suffer for the crimes of a few alcoholics?
I agree!
I also agree that the Hijab should be banned in kano too because some girls use it for exam malpractice.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by amiskurie(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
note:-im saying this as muslim.

well,if christians or other religions are denied their rights,then its against the letter the prophet muhammad(S.A.W) wrote to the church in sinai.the prophet(SAW)made strong warnings that muslims must not denied christian their rights.

pls research that.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Mujah1deen: 7:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
I'm in full support, 100% behind the Governor, Kwankwaso for president.

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by nduchucks: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
Kano state simply enforced its laws which are quite constitutional, the last time I checked. Law abiding citizens will not try to bring in contrabands where they are banned without expecting to face the law. One of the problems in this country is that too many people break the law with impunity. kudos to kano state for enforcing theirs.

The courts are there for people who believe that their constitutional rights have been violated.

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mujah1deen: I'm in full support, 100% behind the Governor, Kwankwaso for president.
President of ur village square mumu
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Sissie(f): 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
No one's right is being denied, Alcohol is not completely banned in kano, it's sold in some places the people who take alcohol know where to buy it.

It's sold in the minority area, so all the people shouting minority this minority that have no case.

For transportation the government needs to give the seller's licence so they can transport it to the area's it's allowed.

But no alcohol can't be sold everywhere.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Sissie(f): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
it affects Muslims how?
In other words, everyone that takes alcohol should suffer for the crimes of a few alcoholics?
I agree!
I also agree that the Hijab should be banned in kano too because some girls use it for exam malpractice.

We do have Muslims who take alcohol so it affects them.

Few alcoholics really!!!!!!
Taking alcohol is not compulsory in the Christian religion but the Hijab is, so no basis for comparison.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by chidijp1(m): 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
I believe this alcohols were seize at the point of entry. So the government of Kano was very wrong. This were trucks still coming in. Somebody livelihood been destroyed. Which constitution supersedes, Nigeria constitution or sharia law.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
uboma: I also agree with the writer. But he better watch his back because I'm sure they libel him an infidel and may resort to eliminating him for condemning the action of destroying those bottles of alcohol. What a bunch of hypocrites they all are.
. Why won't yu agree,you will even agree with far worse factless point of view,such gullible

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
aManFromMars: Wow. Thanks for sharing.

Deep.
stupid,you know nothing about the history of blacks,a bLack was never an activist naturally, but white,a black man has always be a thinker,moody and hard working.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by eagleeye2: 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
Why are we so biased in this forum, nay this country?
Before you reply in the muslim section you will see the warning clearly, any mis interpretaion your post is deleted or you can even be banned.
Go to the religion section and see how people are speaking ill of the Catholic Faithfuls.
MODs please pay attention to this.....
www.nairaland.com/1541581/observation
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by baba11(m): 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
A n gba adie lowo iku,o ni ki won je ki oun lo si aki tan lo o je meaning we are refraining a chicken from death and it said they should allow her to go to dump site to eat - Yoruba proverb.In this state,i don't think anybody is above the law as it's enshrined in the constitution(shari'ah),so they should all abide by it.Secondly,what do you want to gain with the consumption of alcohol,nothing except to show 'class'.In the long run,it has serious adverse effects like kidney failure.If govt did not banned and destroyed it,i don't think anybody in his/her right sense should go near it.If it's good for your health,why the partial ban - DRINK RESPONSIBLY!!!#bewiseall.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by greatmen: 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
deols: Gimba Kakanda writes on facebook-

What do you think?
wow so deep we keep on playing religious cards Christians and Muslims ur d black race first wake up frm your slumber bfr Iran and America, the easy and the west make us a battle ground we have forgotten our identity may God help d black race.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by EmperorAugustus(m): 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
I do not think that is the opinion of a Muslim. Am very sure no Muslim will say those things!

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
deols:

My understanding of shariah is that it applies only to Muslims. What happens to the non Muslims? Do you deny them that, as well?

and what do you think of the part where he speaks of what could happen in another region of the coutry? If athan gets banned, would we take it lightly?
what religion even endorse alcohol,shame on such religion,who told you alcoholism is human right,so prostitution sud be human right too,anyway some people are clamouring for homosexuality,how much more alcohol,shame on all of you,any state,entity or individual that support alcoholism sud know that he has supportted thuggery,robbery,prostitution,kidnapping,corruption,abortion,any vices,name it. I LOVE MY DEEN.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sissie: No one's right is being denied, Alcohol is not completely banned in kano, it's sold in some places the people who take alcohol know where to buy it.

It's sold in the minority area, so all the people shouting minority this minority that have no case.

For transportation the government needs to give the seller's licence so they can transport it to the area's it's allowed.

But no alcohol can't be sold everywhere.
so, no non Muslims in areas that alcohol was banned right? those non Muslims have to move away from that area to get what dey want when federal law simply permits anyone to do whatever they want, anywhere they want in Nigeria as long as it doesn't affect others or goes against the law.
I hope u won't cry when Igbos ban all Muslims from wearing hijab to any school or in public places simply because its against majority's religion and some students use it to cheat or move bombs around
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
aManFromMars:

Says the id1ot who bears an Arabic name.
lipsrsealed grin
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Sissie(f): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
9jadelta: so, no non Muslims in areas that alcohol was banned right? those non Muslims have to move away from that area to get what dey want when federal law simply permits anyone to do whatever they want, anywhere they want in Nigeria as long as it doesn't affect others or goes against the law.
I hope u won't cry when Igbos ban all Muslims from wearing hijab to any school or in public places simply because its against majority's religion and some students use it to cheat or move bombs around

Yes if you want to buy something you go to where it's sold, if I want soup ingredients I go to the market or to the mall and buy the ingredients, if you want to drink you go to the bar, do we have bars in kano state? Yes and it's in major non muslim areas in kano.

Like I said earlier alcohol and Hijab are not on the same level, and no its not against majority religion in the non muslim state, non Muslims are not forced to wear the Hijab in majority Muslim region, and banning alcohol in certain areas of kano is not against the Christian religion.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by greatmen: 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
The guy has a point the black man has a big problem sons of kush find out your origin, do not let ishmalites or moabites let you define urslf the black race needs his own identity, for too long have we been abused, a 100 years of slavery by pple we preached God abeg make we think deep, look at how western countries are marginalization African nations, Mr Muslim black man and Mr Christian black man abeg what color is ur skin pls look ft what unifies us, my black brother God bless you for this article may the black man wake up!
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by alnaijiri(m): 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
To use moral relativism, ie, to put the sacred laws of Islam on equal footing with manmade laws is a perversion and amounts to blasphemy. No to alcohol in the North. If you don't like it, go to another region.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by alnaijiri(m): 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
greatmen: The guy has a point the black man has a big problem sons of kush find out your origin, do not let ishmalites or moabites let you define urslf the black race needs his own identity, for too long have we been abused, a 100 years of slavery by pple we preached God abeg make we think deep, look at how western countries are marginalization African nations, Mr Muslim black man and Mr Christian black man abeg what color is ur skin pls look ft what unifies us, my black brother God bless you for this article may the black man wake up!

Skin colour differences is the accumulated adaptation to solar radiation. There is no difference between different skin colours in the eyes of God. There is only one race, the human race. Stop sowing division among people. God wants everyone to serve Him.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by nagoma(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
uboma:

In that case, please edit the part of your comment where you insulted me.

Stop mourning this is NL.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
beejaay: hw u guys reason always amuse me. So because its nt done in a muslim majority side its ok and d right of d minority cn b nonexistent?rili? Will u say the same thing if such is done to u cos u are a minority somewhere? For example in a place where muslin population is less 5percent?hw wil u feel if u are nt allowed to build mosque,celebrate eid,wear ur veil if u are a woman just because u are in d minority.wil u stil take this same stands(i remember vividly hw we complained in anambra during my nysc cos there was no mosque in nnewi). We shd learn to look at all d sides and nt to b seeing as an hypocrite,am sure Quran frown at hypocrisy.if it is in our favour we are cul wit it and if nt we shout and invoke god
I did not even plan to comment,I just want to read through,but this piece is too much for me to forgive,though I won't say much,just something to go home with,so I start. na wa for you o,see as you dey talk am wey ur mouth dey sweet,is alcoholism the doctrine or practise of any religion?I

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does The Quran Permit Suicide? / Devoted Muslims Praying Under The Rain. Photos/Video / Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.