Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,255 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

The Sham Called Immigration Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Sham Called Immigration Recruitment (2496 Views)

Check if you are Shortlisted On Immigration Recruitment / Fresh Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2015 / Immigration Recruitment 2013 Has Been Advertised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sham Called Immigration Recruitment by Fadelex(m): 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
I can't just but wonder why people get away with different form of atrocities in this country. it's so pathetic that in this age, government agency will resort to scamming citizens in a disguise of given them jobs.
Few months ago, there were publications in national dailies that federal ministry of interior will be recruiting into Nigeria Immigration Service. applicants were directed to pay #1,000 after online registration. from a credible source, over 800,000 Nigerians applied and pay d aforementioned fee. but here are the events that unfolds since then;
● house of representative summoned the minister: on 8th October, 2013. the house committe on interior summoned the interior minister, Abba Patrick Moro and asked him why the ministry should charge #1,000 and even asked d minister why he went ahead on the recruitment exercise after he had been directed to stop such exercise, after the normal hullabaloo from the house, the minister still continue the exercise and even dared the house that there's no going back on the fee because military departments charges such during recruitment.

●NIS boss denied knowing about the recruitment:- on 27th October 2013, during the comptroller-general parade in the service headquarters Abuja, an officer asked the NIS boss, David Shiktfu Parradang in plain terms about the recruitment but to my greatest surprise, the man (parradang) said he knew absolutely NOTHING about the exercise. how could it be?

●No date for exams; over a month after the closure of application now, there is no date for examination for applicants. I doubt they will EVER write exams as only few people will be shortlisted

●do NIS really have vacancies? on 15th August 2013, the federal government approved the establishment of border patrol corps as a component of NIS. but the recruitment into this corps should be the responsibility of the service and not ministry of interior.

●heads have rolled... this include the Secretary of CDIPSB as it is now, nobody including Head of service, NIS boss, interior minister and board Secretary can tell you what is going on concerning the exercise. if the figure quoted is correct, the board has made #800 millions from the applicants.

my question is whose account is this money being kept? who is benefiting from the interest yielding? what do they plan to do with this money? even if immigration is goin to recruit, federal govt approved between 5,000 and 10,000 why can't they control the number of applicants? does it mean the house of rep cannot control the excesses of a minister?

this write up is not to discourage the applicants. just felt it's necessary for people to be informed.

mods please take this to front page as It affects so many youths on nairaland
Re: The Sham Called Immigration Recruitment by Hasjam(m): 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
Thank bros for dis update. so dis is how dey will continue deceiving and cheating us all in d name of giving us job
Re: The Sham Called Immigration Recruitment by kelvin1191(m): 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
Any how they like let them delay but what i know for sure is that they must recruit cos if they fail, Egypt will be more peaceful than Nigeria and, i know my Name is there already cos my OGA @ THE TOP (baba God) is and will "DO THE NEEDFUL" for me.

A chake go'm
Re: The Sham Called Immigration Recruitment by Ndumyke(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
I have heard but thanks to God I know abt this
Re: The Sham Called Immigration Recruitment by leyeluv(f): 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
I apply, i be dy wonder Y dy never call 4 exam. jesus people a wicked ooooo
Re: The Sham Called Immigration Recruitment by azidomedogo: 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
They are all theifs.even the Nigerian Airforce and Nigerian Army also exploit nigerian graduates by charging over #2800 for application that will be filled by applicant.Only few candidates of about 5 will finally be chosen from each states at the end of the recruitment out of the thousands of people that applied in a state.Govt should deal with this.#500 as registration fee is enough for them.
Re: The Sham Called Immigration Recruitment by eminex(m): 8:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
leye@luv:
I apply, i be dy wonder Y dy never call 4 exam. jesus people a wicked ooooo

grin so u jus dey knw
Re: The Sham Called Immigration Recruitment by Onintegra: 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sit Down Dere Dey Decieve YourSelf when others are working hard to pay the 500k to get Enlisted. Get Info from Your Agent. If u dnt hav direct agent, Why do u wasted ur 1k in d first case?
"Naija na by KNOW YOUR WAY" am also in Training Now...
Re: The Sham Called Immigration Recruitment by Fadelex(m): 8:35am On Dec 19, 2013
why are comments been hidden?
Re: The Sham Called Immigration Recruitment by arizona20: 9:17am On Dec 19, 2013
@Fadelex,u spoke wel bt beliv me dis recruitment wil stil b completed bt it mighty tak time due to some isues hanging..lets nt term dis a scamm for now until after mayb 5 months n notin comes up.A friend of mine got a fed.gov.job after 2 yrs of aplication.Police ICT professionals recruited for abt 6 months ago ar stil waitin for dia ap.leter n training.so lets wait n c wat hapens next yr.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

DHL Aptitude Test/interview / KPMG Partner Interview For Management Consulting / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.