Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict (7853 Views)

Who Taught You How To Drive? / Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by XLR8(m): 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
smiley Well my mom taught me how to drive. She was reluctant to teach me at first but i stayed on her neck (literally) grin
When we started with the field training, she was quite pleased with my driving. She started becoming strict and stern when we got to the street part and till now I can still picture her annoyed face grin..
I had a tough time with the gear changing ish but now i can even drive a car inside water

2 Likes

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by buskie13(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
This has to be on frontpage
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
second to comment.... my mom oh. so very strict. sometimes I get scared that she us gonna hit me. it was fun sha
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
No one taught me how to drive. I simply watched my parents when they drove, and applied the same technique when I was able to get access to the keys.

I then refined my driving style in time.

2 Likes

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by XLR8(m): 2:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
Siena: No one taught me how to drive. I simply watched my parents when they drove, and applied the same technique when I was able to get access to the keys.

I then refined my driving style in time.

am sure d car na automatic

2 Likes

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by RAPMAN02(m): 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
DRIVING SCHOOL,my teacher wasn't that mad....the guy dey always fear me

1 Like

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
XLR8:

You think so?
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
XLR8:

Wrong assumption, borne out of the fact guys like you find it difficult to grasp basics of driving a manual, and have conditioned yourselves to believe "I will never master using the clutch." So you assume (erroneously) that everyone else is like you. If you follow my posts, you'll realise I don't like automatics, I'm an enthusiastic driver, and manuals are my favourites.

Besides 30-odd years ago, automatics were not all the rage in Nigeria, I started my driving with dad's Volkswagen Brasilia (Igala) which was never available as an automatic.

2 Likes

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by chucky234(m): 11:16am On Nov 30, 2013
No one taught me how to drive,I always observed how people drive whenever I find myself in a car and paid close attention to everything they were doing.
Bought my first car,a Mazda 626 manual gear then put all I learned into practice and that was it.

1 Like

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Lagusta(m): 8:50am On Dec 01, 2013
A friend taught me how to drive, that was when we always quarrelled......

I remember the day I burned his clutch plate, the guy para no be small!!!! grin
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by XLR8(m): 8:54am On Dec 01, 2013
Lagusta: A friend taught me how to drive, that was when we always quarrelled......

I remember the day I burned his clutch plate, the guy para no be small!!!! grin

how come? I guess you pressed the clutch and turtle at d same time
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Lagusta(m): 9:03am On Dec 01, 2013
XLR8:

That's it!!!

But now, I love manual drives, I don't think I can even buy an auto....
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 01, 2013
XLR8:

shocked
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 01, 2013
XLR8:

Turtle? What's a "turtle" doing in a car? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Lagusta(m): 10:37am On Dec 01, 2013
Siena:

Turtle? What's a "turtle" doing in a car? undecided

I think he meant THROTTLE!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by otijah(m): 3:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
Lagusta:

I think he meant THROTTLE!!!
I think he meant bottle

1 Like

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by chelseabmw(m): 3:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
I got the inspiration from God.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Rhofiu(m): 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
dnt knw ao to drive
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by LMAyedun(m): 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2013
Nobody...
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by brushesz: 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2013
I learnt driving from a video simulation on a PC with a steering wheel, clutch, brake and accelerator pedals. The only difference was that I made changes to gear from the keyboard.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2013
My adopted brother and he wasn't strict, probably because I understood the mechanism of how car works and I was very enthusiastic, in 3days I started driving on my street.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by OME1(m): 3:47pm On Dec 01, 2013
Got the whole driving concept by observing my parents, I later went to driving school for few days. My teacher and I dey quarrel chai, Mr Charles we go meet for road one day one day and I go show you say I dey drive pass you, na fast and furious style it go be that day.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Moshkom(m): 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
Driving Skool nd My Dad.. Both strict; Dats y am stil a LEANER til date#

3 Likes

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by vanguard1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
I didn't have any formal driving lessons, just watched other people drive and practice it with the spare car when everybody leaves the house. Now I can drive from Enugu-ph without much stress
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Mcweber(m): 3:50pm On Dec 01, 2013
No one taught β€Žβ€‹Me how to drive.....
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
Ah wasn't really taught ah just watched wen ma mum was learnin n dat was it,ah even started driving on roads before her
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by niceeric(m): 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
Siena:

Wrong assumption, borne out of the fact guys like you find it difficult to grasp basics of driving a manual, and have conditioned yourselves to believe "I will never master using the clutch." So you assume (erroneously) that everyone else is like you. If you follow my posts, you'll realise I don't like automatics, I'm an enthusiastic driver, and manuals are my favourites.

Besides 30-odd years ago, automatics were not all the rage in Nigeria, I started my driving with dad's Volkswagen Brasilia (Igala) which was never available as an automatic.
Yeepa!!!Agbalagba Oye!*prostrates*...I've seen ur posts on d car section sir and they've always proven u know ur onions wen it comes to cars...I'm in love with manual transmissions too as they give me d racing experience I always desire in cars
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Crixina(f): 3:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
I don't know how to drive

Period!
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by nekaa(f): 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
Ermmm, I had two teachers, 1 for auto and the other manual.... The guy that taught me auto was really calm nt strict at all buh my cousin that taught me manual use my eye see something....
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2013
No one taught me driving, i watch my parent while driving, i also fight for the front seat to master my skills
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? Was The Person Strict by Stdhayour: 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
Wiki how

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja / Thread For Air Condition / Tesla Model 3 Will Be Almost Fully Voice Controllable With Future Update – Musk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.