Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,474 members, 7,781,383 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:32 PM

Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? (28878 Views)

A Nairalander Wore A Dress Made With Newspapers (hit Or Miss) Pic / Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo Dazzles In Traditional Attire (Photos) / Miss University Nigeria Contestants - Traditional Attire (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by hardbody: 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
By usage, it is considered a miss, same way you should not use a laced shoe to wear a traditional outfit. I have no explanation to the reasoning behind these but if the world of dressing (a'la locally) thinks it is absurd, then it is best to join the band wagon as people will just see you as being unusual in your dressing if you were to dress otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
I always wear socks with my shoes so it doesn't smell when moisture from you feet drips to the inner fabric. You can wear the small cut socks which don't pop out from the hemline on the shoes....
pls don't be a learner

3 Likes

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Exponental(m): 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
Socks exist cos of shoes not cos of any traditional attire. If u feel ok without sock, sobeit, but on d contrary, 4 someone like me, I can never wear a shoe without socks cos d shoe will inconvenient me throughout d period I'm wearing it.
So I belong to team socks on native!

6 Likes

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by olaplus170(m): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2013
The beauty of d native attire is mostly apreciated when u put on shoes without socks...so@ op, its a mess. Oh sorry, miss
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Symphony007: 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
It's standard set by some unknown people which i don't buy. I think it is your choice and comfort. There are people(like me) who find it extremely uncomfortable to wear a shoe without socks, so you expect us to go against our comfort to meet some unknown fashion standard. Even the president wears a sock with his native atire. Is it a flop? You expect him to go without socks? And when he crosses his leg, how will he look on t.v or to others around? Do what suits you! There is no such standard.

3 Likes

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by baby124: 7:29pm On Dec 03, 2013
White socks is for babies. Real men wear dark socks. I think dark colored socks are good. It also prevents sweating directly in the shoe, which could cause it to smell terribly. The only thing that looks ridiculous with native is white socks. LOL.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by agrovick(m): 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
I just cant imagine wearing shoes without socks, so for me its a hit though most times i go with slippers when I'm donning a native attire. Lobatan
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Segadem(m): 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
kennyonthrone: I reali find folks dat do it funny....so 4 me is a Capital MISS
Wearing with sandals or with shoes? Is Like many people do not know what socks are meant for. Socks are not for fashion is for protection for so many things if you are to wear your shoes for longer hour.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Segadem(m): 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sniper4real: AO U GO COMBINE TRADITIONAL WITH MODERN. LOOK ABSURD
If you want go traditional wear Sandal,shoes are not traditional they are modern.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ericomoto: I need the opinions of NL Fashion experts. Is it right or wrong to wear socks with shoes when you put on a native attire. Traditionally people always say its a fashion miss especially when you put on flowing Agbada or Babanriga but considering the fact that many native attire these days are sewed in a contemporary manners with some even worn on western clothes like Jeans etc. In my own case I cannot wear shoes without socks native or western. Can it be considered a hit or miss?
who decides weda its right or not? I wear wat goes wit my mood @any point in time. Wat people think about it doesn't really matter, as long as its neat & decent. And its not just abt socks, 90% of my native trousers are sewn wit belt holes..
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by IAMBREEZY: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
Miss and mister kisskisskisskiss
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by soulglo: 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
Wear loafer socks instead of ordinary socks.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by ignis: 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
Obviously miss
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by geosegun(m): 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
In a city like London when its Chilly Cold? its A HIT for me. What are you guys saying. It depends on the locations Abegi, i no fit shout. cheesy cool
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Jobabori(m): 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
ignis: Obviously miss
Please give reasons.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
Which one be miss again
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by drealdoc89(m): 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
cool
Ngene-Ukwenu:
Op,
I tire oo. My wife no dey allow me put socks with my native. Na this question i dey ask am everyday. Cos of that i don pack all my native put one side for am grin grin grin ;. I no fit wear shoes without socks tongue

Am with you@i no fit wear shoe without socks.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
When dressed in native with socks and shoes on and next u see an aboki dressed in jalabia with socks and shoes. How do u feel? Do u feel superior or like him?
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by drealdoc89(m): 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
Buoyantic: Which one be miss again

shocked
Dont you know miss?..........wow!
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Abmalcom(m): 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
Imo, i think wearing socks has to do with the what you wear on your feet. If you think it is a miss, then you shouldn't wear shoe at all when you wear your agbada
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Snoopywallace(m): 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
Have u guys tried dat very light,un-noticeable,condom-like socks?
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ptoocool: 4 my side, most people say na miss..
So na wetin make M̶̲̅ε̲̣ kuku say na miss too..

*dazzol..

Na so some people go still say sleeping on top bicycle it's cool n u go follow.....
Mr. follow follow
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
me I can't wear any shoe without socks.....
so to me it's a hit.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Meegan: 8:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
I remember one time when we were kids and my mum made kaftan for us. she told us not to wear socks and we cried. We later allowed us. When I see those old pics, I realise we look stupid. So its definitely a MISS
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by DexxyAlebs(m): 8:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ericomoto: I need the opinions of NL Fashion experts. Is it right or wrong to wear socks with shoes when you put on a native attire. Traditionally people always say its a fashion miss especially when you put on flowing Agbada or Babanriga but considering the fact that many native attire these days are sewed in a contemporary manners with some even worn on western clothes like Jeans etc. In my own case I cannot wear shoes without socks native or western. Can it be considered a hit or miss?
guy i wear socks on anytin, as mata of fact if d native wld b showing ur open leg put on d socks it's better

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by tonychristopher: 8:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:
Op,
I tire oo. My wife no dey allow me put socks with my native. Na this question i dey ask am everyday. Cos of that i don pack all my native put one side for am grin grin grin ;. I no fit wear shoes without socks tongue

bullshit....I can't imagine wearing a shoe without socks,it inches my legs and the shoe will smell. socks cushions the feet and absorbs the sweat ...its dirty not to wear a socks without a shoe or trainers
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by DexxyAlebs(m): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
hit or miss
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by phuckNL: 8:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
The people calling it a miss are the ones with smelly feet that stink up everywhere. IF you wear covered shoes, you wear SOCKS, period. Whether you have native attire on is irrelevant. If we claim it is culture, need I remind you that our ancestors wore sandals and not shoes. Heck most of them walked bare footed.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by hedgesfun(m): 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
guy socks is designed for shoes and not cloth so as long as you wear a shoe u should wear a sock not minding whatever cloth u wear with it. the reason people believe we shouldn't wear sock with native is cos our forefathers don't wear it buh they forgot shoes re not our traditional wear and they don't wear shoes then only sandals thus socks not needed.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Afrok(m): 8:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
I can't wear shoes without socks nd don't really care coz my trouser ain't 3 quarter, hardly will U know if I wear socks or not. But seriously, has there been a perfect dressing? Wot looks like a miss to u might be an hit to d wearer. No matter how hard U try to please ppl with ur dressing, dem go still talk coz na dem get their mouths.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Patdedon(m): 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
Absolute miss!! If u can't wear a shoe without socks, please stick to sandals.
Wearing socks on traditional makes one look like a clownn.
And for your prestige's sake don't try it to where people who know fashion are many in attendance cause you'll be sorry at the kind of gazest that 'll come your way....
My 2 kobo
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by LadyH(f): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
I have always known it to b a miss. it actually is funi tho. MISS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogburie Pascal Representing Nigeria At Mister Model Worldwide 2018 In India / Girls Uses Indomie To Style Hair!! [pic] / Where Can I Get Training On How To Make Ankara Shoes And Bags?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.