Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? (1241 Views)

Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? / Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? / Permanently Banning Members From The ISLAM Section Is Now Allowed ? Sharia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Zikdik(m): 4:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
Is the section really has biased as it is painted to be? Are the mods really as tyrant as widely acclaimed?
These are important questions. I am neither a muslim nor religiously inclined. But I feel this section should be an avenue for all nairalanders to have an e-experience of the purity, tolerance and amicable disposition of Islam and muslims alike. Hence, this reputation might not be exactly conducive for the development of the section.
Matured views and opinions would be sincerely appreciated.
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Logicbwoy: 6:08am On Nov 30, 2013
You have gotten ur answer....almost a day and no reply.

This section.....smh
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by golpen(m): 11:37am On Nov 30, 2013
Logicbwoy: You have gotten ur answer....almost a day and no reply.

This section.....smh

I think you have been a regular visitor of this section and most likely, you and your non-muslim folks are in the best position to answer those questions. Muslims here are just fine, and have not complained at anytime to anyone.

People just like me have decided to keep mute because any of the yes or no answer given to those questions, will definitely spring up a basis of argument which we might not be up for.

Now I think we should add some more questions, because this shouldn't be only about the mods and the muslims here;

1. Haven't the some non-muslims been antagonistic with their comments and opinions.

2. Have they contributed to the section like someone who deserves to be tolerated?

Just let's treat this too...no arguments.

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Zikdik(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
golpen:

I think you have been a regular visitor of this section and most likely, you and your non-muslim folks are in the best position to answer those questions. Muslims here are just fine, and have not complained at anytime to anyone.

People just like me have decided to keep mute because any of the yes or no answer given to those questions, will definitely spring up a basis of argument which we might not be up for.

Now I think we should add some more questions, because this shouldn't be only about the mods and the muslims here;

1. Haven't the some non-muslims been antagonistic with their comments and opinions.

2. Have they contributed to the section like someone who deserves to be tolerated?

I wouldn't know about that. But judging everyone else by the character of a select few is not exactly smart.
At least, for the sake of the section.
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Logicbwoy: 2:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
golpen:

I am not a regular visitor here. A visitor is treated with respect.

I am a regular pest. That is what your mods and some of your members treat me like.

You ask about contributions....did you know that one of my write ups here on islam made it to an online newspaper?

I am one of the few non-muslims that understand islam and yet, I am treated like vermin. How much then a non muslim that deosnt understand?

Yes, some non muslims have been disrepectful. However, muslims can insult not muslims here and get away with it. Mislims are given special priviledge. I will never forget when vedaxcool derailed my thread and I was banned by maclatunji for reporting....

This section is intolerant

3 Likes

Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by beejaay: 6:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
There is no tolerance here at all.mods here are fightin for God when they feel He is insulted when its clearly stated in d Quran dt no one cn fyt for Him.go to d main section and c all manner of talk against Xtian believe and God and yet they dnt ban ppl instead they try to bring their own convictns and when they knw or feel there audience is nt buyin it they simply ignore him, nw dts wat i cal tolerance. Am nt a Xtian and wil neva b bt d truth need to b pointed out. The mods here are nt different 4rm boko haram jst dt they are nt using bomb.s.(i knw i myt b banned 4 dis). No1 cn 5yt 4 God.let ppl av freedom to say anythin they wnt against God, He knws hw to deal wit them if He wnts to,its nt ur job to take vengeance 4 Him
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by golpen(m): 7:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
nairaland.com
Logicbwoy:

I am not a regular visitor here. A visitor is treated with respect.

I know you visit here and that's the point. A visitor that deserves it. Some people would even scold you if you sit when not asked to.

I am a regular pest. That is what your mods and some of your members treat me like.

Every non-muslim is a pest according to the code of conduct of this section. You've always read it on top, "muslims only please..." . But not the less, herbs maybe useful pests and you can make yourself one.

You ask about contributions....did you know that one of my write ups here on islam made it to an online newspaper?

And that's good for you, if that adds to your profile - none of anybody's business. I could also get a journalist/blogger get my article here on one too.

I am one of the few non-muslims that understand islam and yet, I am treated like vermin. How much then a non muslim that deosnt understand?

You don't understand islam so much as you think buddy, you may only have some guts and points you feel is good enough to antagonize. Imagine the british had to disappoint you on your "unfair islamic criticism of the west".

Yes, some non muslims have been disrepectful. However, muslims can insult not muslims here and get away with it. Mislims are given special priviledge. I will never forget when vedaxcool derailed my thread and I was banned by maclatunji for reporting....

Are you talking small on the disrespectful non-muslims? You've got to be kidding me. My posts have been hidden too and so almost every muslim here. The thing is when you're good at choosing your words, you pass your message satisfactorily without being banned. I learnt that here. So sorry for the mac mix up, might be a mistake.

But I assure you that @ifyalways came here with a rational motive and you know what?..she found herself in islam. I'm not saying you must become a muslim, but you should bet you'll never get a pat at the back for bringing antagonising/militant views which we would find offensive to our religion, better still, you may keep off grin

This section is intolerant

And you and your folks have never stopped visiting. Please do call again grin but not with this kind of hypocrisy.

4 Likes

Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by golpen(m): 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
Multiples
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by golpen(m): 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
Multiple posts
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by golpen(m): 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
Multiple posts.
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Logicbwoy: 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
@ Golpen

First of all, this section shouldn't exist at all. The veru fact that it exist is a sign of intolerance. Even my british muslim friends shake their heads in disgust when I tell them that on the biggest Nigerian site, the muslims segregate themselves on their own section while other religions work it out in one section.

Furthermore, non muslins have given the verdict on your mod....the ayatollah
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by golpen(m): 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
Double posts
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by golpen(m): 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
@logicbwoy

I've not gotten to the roots of why it exists, but I think it's a matter of choice. You may request your xtian or atheist section be made too, there's no problem about that.

But the mere fact that it exists should have made it so easy to do away with the intolerance by not visiting here again. I'll take the section and the mods to be intolerant, only if and when every non-muslim post made here, relevant or irrelevant is deleted with immediate effect.

Further more, non-muslims may do away with the lashes of intolerance on their bomboms. Keep clear!

3 Likes

Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Logicbwoy: 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
golpen: @logicbwoy

I've not gotten to the roots of why it exists, but I think it's a matter of choice. You may request your xtian or atheist section be made too, there's no problem about that.

But the mere fact that it exists should have made it so easy to do away with the intolerance by not visiting here again. I'll take the section and the mods to be intolerant, only if and when every non-muslim post made here, relevant or irrelevant is deleted with immediate effect.

Further more, non-muslims may do away with the lashes of intolerance on their bomboms. Keep clear!

Your comment didn't make any sense. You were making sense before......were u coached? Lol
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by golpen(m): 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Your comment didn't make any sense. You were making sense before......were u coached? Lol

it doesn't make any sense because you're never going to stop calling smiley . Just admit and be gentle, we'll accommodate all of you the way you deserve. Keep calling!!! And remember, staring at the abyss makes the abyss stare back grin

3 Likes

Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Logicbwoy: 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
golpen:

it doesn't make any sense because you're never going to stop calling smiley . Just admit and be gentle, we'll accommodate all of you the way you deserve. Keep calling!!! And remember, staring at the abyss makes the abyss stare back grin

Yawn
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Zikdik(m): 8:52am On Dec 03, 2013
No need to get personal, guys. Maybe the mods should move this to the front page of the section so that more views would be posted.
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by onegig(m): 9:22am On Dec 03, 2013
Zikdik:
I wouldn't know about that. But judging everyone else by the character of a select few is not exactly smart.
At least, for the sake of the section.
Want answers.

On friday there would be threads from this section on the frontpage look at the responses of most people who call themselves tolerant. Then wait till sunday and see threads from the christain section and see if any muslim post irrelevant things.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by vedaxcool(m): 9:46am On Dec 03, 2013
onegig: Want answers.

On friday there would be threads from this section on the frontpage look at the responses of most people who call themselves tolerant. Then wait till sunday and see threads from the christain section and see if any muslim post irrelevant things.

My brother the way they think remains baffling!
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by jumzzy448: 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2013

You are so correct.
Logic boy that calls himself visitor only visit this section to ridicule Islam. Why visit a religious section when you know you are only there to look for trouble and you expect the mods to be silent about it.
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by harbiola1(m): 12:31am On Dec 04, 2013
beejaay:
mods here are fightin for God when they feel He is insulted

You must be very crazy for writing this. And may God destroy the hand u used to type this (I don't think i'm cursing u), u this unfortunate fellow. How many times have you insulted ur father and mother b4 coming here to insult God?

Eh eh! an avenue for insulting God is what u want? and that is the definition of ur own Tolerance?
But every muslims here were nt brought up by useless Mother like your's, so we don't have that previlege let alone of given others. A curse in ur life can visically be pointed out.
All the graces of God, water, air, sun, light, darkness, land... are surely cursing u. And the best thing you can do is to implicate others with you misfortune. I pray that your father and mother are nt damned for given birth to their enemy.
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Logicbwoy: 4:33am On Dec 04, 2013

Harbiola and vedaxcool are examples of Muslims that attack Christians.

furthermore, most Muslims quarantine themselves to this section but then they want front page. You will find that Christians mostly do not come here unless it is a front page material. Most do not see why you guys deserve the front page.
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Logicbwoy: 4:39am On Dec 04, 2013
jumzzy448:
You are so correct.
Logic boy that calls himself visitor only visit this section to ridicule Islam. Why visit a religious section when you know you are only there to look for trouble and you expect the mods to be silent about it.

Exhibit a of an intolerant mind.

atheism = ridiculing Islam.

Go and check out my threads on my profile and you will find that they contain logical and well thought out issues on Islam. Sometimes, I criticize Islam, sometimes I defend the west, sometimes I defend atheismor even Christianity....,.

Just admit that you don't want to see any criticism of Islam. We know what intolerance some of you like.

My profile is one click away for you to differentiate between criticism that is well thought out and ridicule

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Logicbwoy: 4:44am On Dec 04, 2013
vedaxcool:

My brother the way they think remains baffling!

Typical intolerance. Who are they?

Only Muslims think properly abi?

Please, take a look at vedaxcools profile and count how many one liners and troll pics thaT he uses to attack people rather than focus in the topic of the thread.

On a normal section, this guy would have been cautioned.
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Logicbwoy: 4:45am On Dec 04, 2013
harbiola1:

You must be very crazy for writing this. And may God destroy the hand u used to type this (I don't think i'm cursing u), u this unfortunate fellow. How many times have you insulted ur father and mother b4 coming here to insult God?

Eh eh! an avenue for insulting God is what u want? and that is the definition of ur own Tolerance?
But every muslims here were nt brought up by useless Mother like your's, so we don't have that previlege let alone of given others. A curse in ur life can visically be pointed out.
All the graces of God, water, air, sun, light, darkness, land... are surely cursing u. And the best thing you can do is to implicate others with you misfortune. I pray that your father and mother are nt damned for given birth to their enemy.

Lol....a foul mouth

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Logicbwoy: 4:53am On Dec 04, 2013
Evidence;

A thread containing the claim that Muhammad invented the toothbrush through using chewing stick first made it to the front page.

The truth doesn't matter as long as it is praising Islam or the prophet.

Imagine if someone (a non Muslim) lied by stating that the prophet invented war? Would that even make front page?
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Logicbwoy: 4:56am On Dec 04, 2013
Logicbwoy: Evidence;

A thread containing the claim that Muhammad invented the toothbrush through using chewing stick first made it to the front page.

Imagine if someone (a non Muslim) lied by stating that the prophet invented war? Would that even make front page?

When I made a complaint about the falsehood about the thread claiming lies about the prophet and toothbrush, I got my comment hidden.

Tolerance?
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by golpen(m): 6:52am On Dec 04, 2013
Logicbwoy: Evidence;

What is our mr logicbwoy saying? How many times as the truth mattered to you when it criticises islam? Do you know how many of hoaxes and fabrication about ridiculing islam that has made front page? "Do not post wrong information on NL"

And the stereotypical aspect is that ones a thread concerning islam is brought up on front page - no matter on what topic it is - what our tolerant christians and atheists shout on is terrorism, not caring if it derails the thread or not.

But here's what you should rather be logical about. OPs don't just make it to the front page. They actually pass through the superior mods which may include non-muslims, so its out of the mods hands to post an OP on the front page, be wise.
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by onegig(m): 7:53am On Dec 04, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Harbiola and vedaxcool are examples of Muslims that attack Christians.

furthermore, most Muslims quarantine themselves to this section but then they want front page. You will find that Christians mostly do not come here unless it is a front page material. Most do not see why you guys deserve the front page.
Can you please reread what you just wrote?

So because some people "feel" gives them the audacity and excuse to run rampage when such threads hit fp? What happened to abstaining from commenting if you really want to preach your tolerance.

Its your actions and not your words that tells whether you guys are tolerant or not and i must say judging by the way you guys have been behaving on this forum... You guys are very immature, intolerant, crass, selfish and condescending.

You can just imagine what he just said. Muslim threads should not hit fp because christains dont want it there. Ain't that highlight of an intolerant group?

Quarantine? You don't tell someone where to visit or what to do on a public forum. Why would they visit your religion sections and argue endlessly with you when you have nothing new to offer. The truth is most muslims on this forum have come to understand we are in a multi religious setting and have learnt to let others live by what they believe and won't go on opening stupid and degrading threads about what is or what is not; which is a Sign of religious maturity.
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by onegig(m): 8:12am On Dec 04, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Exhibit a of an intolerant mind.

atheism = ridiculing Islam.

Go and check out my threads on my profile and you will find that they contain logical and well thought out issues on Islam. Sometimes, I criticize Islam, sometimes I defend the west, sometimes I defend atheismor even Christianity....,.

Just admit that you don't want to see any criticism of Islam. We know what intolerance some of you like.

My profile is one click away for you to differentiate between criticism that is well thought out and ridicule
Guy, you are so full of yourself you know.

Is peddling falsehood about things you don't understand; passing it on as facts and gospel truth to the populace what you call criticism?

Someone who's criticizing comes to town with a great understanding of what his subject is and is laden with facts not heresays. Also he bows to voice of reason when he is schooled about what he lacks knowledge about not going on a merry go round march and talking about irrelevanties when "caught".

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 04, 2013
onegig: Guy, you are so full of yourself you know.

Is peddling falsehood about things you don't understand; passing it on as facts and gospel truth to the populace what you call criticism?
Lol. Well put, repeats falsehood long enough, he ends up believing they are facts. Good one, onegig, good one. grin
Re: Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? by onegig(m): 8:27am On Dec 04, 2013
And mind you i won't be responding here again. Lets live and let others live. Respect peoples choice of religion and beliefs. If you want to convert them . There are more subtle ways of doing it. Do unto others what you want them to do to you. Its that simple.

All these are what differentiates as logical beings from the so called extremists and
Radicals. Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Sister Nafeesah / Is It Compulsory For A Muslim To Do Genotype Test Before Marriage / Saudi Authorities Build Giant £500 Million Clock In Mecca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.