Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Afropop/urban Albums In The Last 10 Years - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Nigerian Afropop/urban Albums In The Last 10 Years (780 Views)

These Are The 20 Best-selling Albums In History / Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Nigerian Afropop/urban Albums In The Last 10 Years by kessyville: 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
In 2004 2face Idibia released Face 2 face under the biggest music label at the time- Kennis Music. With hits like Nfana Ibaga, Ole and the globally aclaimed African Queen, afropop was reinvented. I can vividly remember that 'Keep on rocking' was the only Nigerian song that was played and danced to in parties. As we approach 2014 which makes it ten years since the music industry was reborn I am using this opportunity to present my top 5 albums in the genre. These albums contain tracks that top charts and definitely put millions of naira in the pockets of their composers.
5. Independent by Faze 2006 (8.5/10)
Ex plantashun boys 2face and Faze released their second albums days apart. See me so and Letter to my brother were perceived to be shots at each other. However the singer named Chibuzor Oji won the 'battle' with one of the biggest songs of 2007- Kolomental
4. Talk about it by MI 2008 (8.8/10)
With no famous guest appearances like Nas' Illmatic, Jude Abaga's debut album was dope. It sold thousands in minutes. No doubt it is Africa's best rap album ever.
3. Mushin to Mohits by Wande Coal 2009 (8.9/10)
We all know when it comes to dropping the best beats Don Jazzy doesn't have a rival. He has been doing that for a long time. Wande's vocals and lyrics complimented the don's keyboard magic to give birth to Mohits/Marvin's best album to date.
4. Asha by Asa 2007 (9.1/10)
Mini skirts, sex appeal and average vocals can be used to describe the chart topping female artists at the moment. Asa didn't use semi nudity to deliver the best Nigerian album by a female in Nigeria. At a time when 'slow' songs couldn't move crowds Asa's soul songs moved mountains.
5. Face to face by 2face Idibia 2004 (9.4/10)
They always say empty barrels make the most noise. In music, hungry (not for food but success) artistes make the best songs. Fresh from the break up the Benue indigene delivered what would go on to be a reference album for Nigerian music.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Afropop/urban Albums In The Last 10 Years by DKJaleel: 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
MI2 by MI
Grass to Grace by 2face
S.O.S by Vector
C.E.O by Dagrin
those are those i can call 'best'..

(1) (Reply)

Video: Wande Coal – Baby Hello (official Video) / African Mixtape / P Square Feat Rick Ross Vs Chris B Feat Usher And Rick Ross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.