Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow (30113 Views)

'Go And Die' Widow Get Letter Of Appointment. [photo] / Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) / Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by fleps(m): 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Edo State, has condemned the inhuman treatment meted out on a widow by the State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole. The video which has gone viral captured the erstwhile

The PDP in rescue of the widow has asked the widow to come to their office and get the sum of N250,000 to help cushion the effects her siezed goods will have on her. This was contained in a press release obtained by Elombah.com and signed by the state chairman, Dan Orbih.

PRESS RELEASE
"Edo PDP watched with consternation Governor Adams Oshiomhole’s brutal, inhuman and merciless treatment of a widow street-trader whose wares he ordered seized and who he unfeelingly told to ‘…go and die’ even as she knelt down in fervent protestations and appeals to his pity on a helpless widow.

The governor’s actions are appalling, insensate, disgraceful, indecent, cruel and below board. It is clear that he does not care much about the well being of the people as he pretentiously avowed. Our hearts go to that hapless widow in this her time of travails and through her, to other widows who have been oppressed by the unfriendly policies of the administration in Edo State.

The PDP, Edo State will not let any Edo person ‘to go and die’ if it can help it, especially not hardworking people like that widow who are engaged in lawful enterprises that are, in themselves, not easy to carry on.

To this end, our party has instituted an endowment fund for all widows and oppressed people in the state and by this release, we invite the widow captured in the video of the encounter with Governor Oshiomhole to come to the PDP Secretariat on No. 70, Sapele Road, at 11am on Tuesday December 3, 2013 to receive a first-installment sum of N250,000.00 to cushion the pain, trauma and loss occasioned by her mistreatment and the seizure of the items she sells. Governance is about the people and as a responsible National Institution, Edo PDP cannot be unconcerned about the wrong treatment of indigenes of the state to whom the present administration promised heaven just to win their votes.

We will continue to stand in the gap to ensure that Edo people are deservedly fairly treatment If Governor Oshiomhole believes that Edo People sinned by voting him into office, let him remember that he will account for his actions, if not to the people because he apparently does not think much of them, but to God Almighty in the short or long run.

We thank all those who have been humanely concerned about the plight of the widow and have stood out vehemently against the crying shame that was the insensitive action of a governor who seems bent on repaying electoral favor with ingratitude."

SOURCE: http://elombah.com/index.php/reports/breaking-news/19238-pdp-rescues-widow-whom-gov-oshiomhole-told-to-go-and-die

45 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ladies and Gentlemen,

There you have it, Edo PDP has taken glory, this gesture WILL NEVER be forgotten. cool cool

Even the Bible said it, the people rejoice when the rightoues is in power and they gnash their teeth when the wicked like Gov. Oshiomole rules.

Thanks to EDO PDP...You will win the next election.

83 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by overdrive(m): 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
Rubbish are there no other widows in Benin? Make I hear word abeg.nonsense and ingredients.

19 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by lertee(f): 5:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
Propaganda,they should do same to all widows in benin and not this one alone so we will know they are working..since when did being inhumane become a political thing. Oshiomole did what he did because he is oshiomole and not because he is APC member.

23 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
I expected this.....that it's just a matter of time before PDP picks it up to play politics.. grin grin

9 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Firefire(m): 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
Can you people imagine how this has now become a political score points?
Adams Oshiomole goof.
PDP Edo shines.
All politicians in Nigeria are all the same wicked elements… PDP, APC, APGA, LP…
Only time will tell who really are the saints.
2015 game plans.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by obuksjr(m): 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
This will be an interesting game to watch. PDP : 1 APC : 0 1st half. I know that oshiomole,the captain of APC would want to equalize before the match ends.That is God at work,turning disgrace to blessing.

14 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nuzo1(m): 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
Whether political or not, this goes along way to the saying:

"Every disappointment is a blessing"

That lady if properly identified can rake in over N500k from nairaland alone....not to talk of the Nigerian public, various charity organization and women support group.

11 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by jmaine: 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
See blessing . . . .Though there may be wailing in the night . . .Joy cometh in the morning . . . . grin

PDP fall hand joor, e suppose be 500k . . . tongue

7 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Babacele: 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
THE SORRY STATE AND POVERTY THAT PDP BROUGHT TO EDO STATE HAS PUT MAY PROBABLY HAVE PUT THE WOMAN IN HER PRESENT CONDITION. AND THAT IS WHAT OSHIOMOLE IS TRYING BEAUTIFULLY HARD TO CORRECT! TO HELL WITH PROPANGANDA!

9 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
I hope they(the PDP) don't stop here they should equally take care of all Widows with the same gesture, starting from edo state to the national level. Do they need a governor to misbehave before they take action. God punish them if they are doing this for political gains.

16 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Akanbiedu(m): 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
Laugh wan kill me. Yeye dey smell.
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
Oshiomhole should look for that woman, apologize to her and rehabilitate her. That's the only way to save whatever is left of his reputation. He should quit giving explanation that does not explain anything.

15 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
Obiagelli: I hope they(the PDP) don't stop here they should equally take care of all Widows with the same gesture, starting from edo state to the national level. Do they need a governor to misbehave before they take action. God punish them if they are doing this for political gains.

Sorry but your post is DUMB. PDP like any other entity or individual is extending a hand of help to her after the wickedness shown by this evil short midget. So their kind gesture has turned into a crime? The way most you think is just baffling, is PDP bound by any law or principle to do anything for the state, are they the ruling party? smh

62 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 6:08pm On Nov 29, 2013
Babacele: THE SORRY STATE AND POVERTY THAT PDP BROUGHT TO EDO STATE HAS PUT MAY PROBABLY HAVE PUT THE WOMAN IN HER PRESENT CONDITION. AND THAT IS WHAT OSHIOMOLE IS TRYING BEAUTIFULLY HARD TO CORRECT! TO HELL WITH PROPANGANDA!

Akuko... Tell me something grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by obuksjr(m): 6:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
overdrive: Rubbish are there no other widows in Benin? Make I hear word abeg.nonsense and ingredients.
Didn't you read the part that says the party has instituted endowment funds for all widows?That is the beauty of democracy,your opposition keeps you in check whether politically or otherwise.So, it worth having one to curtail the impunity of the party in power.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by nuclearboy(m): 6:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nice, very nice! Even if this is just for political gain, at least a Nigerian who otherwise wouldn't have gotten such, has profited!

APC should try get more PDP members to shake them so they do better and PDP shouldn't allow APC's mistakes to go without such propaganda - its us Nigerians that will be the better when the parties TRULY start looking for ways to win us to their side!

I used to support APC but will now be neutral - whoever faces social responsibility most wins my vote cheesy

9 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by doncaster(m): 6:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
ilugunboy: I expected this.....that it's just a matter of time before PDP picks it up to play politics.. grin grin
APC will do the same. So cry not.

We all know its hypocritical but at the same time all politicians and political parties are.

10 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agbameta: 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
ilugunboy: I expected this.....that it's just a matter of time before PDP picks it up to play politics.. grin grin

This is not only ridiculously corny, it's cheap and lousy propaganda... These PDP clowns no go kill pesin with laughter I swear...lmao

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
manny4life:

Sorry but your post is DUMB. PDP like any other entity or individual is extending a hand of help to her after the wickedness shown by this evil short midget. So their kind gesture has turned into a crime? The way most you think is just baffling, is PDP bound by any law or principle to do anything for the state, are they the ruling party? smh
if the PDP (controlling governments at the centre), can't adopt this as a national policy then it's stupid. What happens to even poorer Widows in their millions? Should they wait till they are insulted?

4 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
nuclearboy: Nice, very nice! Even if this is just for political gain, at least a Nigerian who otherwise wouldn't have gotten such, has profited!

APC should try get more PDP members to shake them so they do better and PDP shouldn't allow APC's mistakes to go without such propaganda - its us Nigerians that will be the better when the parties TRULY start looking for ways to win us to their side!

I used to support APC but will now be neutral - whoever faces social responsibility most wins my vote cheesy

Slowly but surely, let the BEST party prevail. grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by JulianBond007: 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
PDP Edo state chapter is giving the woman 250k. I expect APC to tripple the amount and shame PDP. Its all about the highest bidder. Let them play politics with the matter. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by omanzo02: 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
Obiagelli: I hope they(the PDP) don't stop here they should equally take care of all Widows with the same gesture, starting from edo state to the national level. Do they need a governor to misbehave before they take action. God punish them if they are doing this for political gains.

U goofed, it clear in the article that "
PDP has instituted an endowment fund for ALL WIDOWS and oppressed" in Edo state, the woman is just the person to access it.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
jmaine: See blessing . . . .Though there may be wailing in the night . . .Joy cometh in the morning . . . . grin

PDP fall hand joor, e suppose be 500k . . . tongue

Even Devil sef sabi quote the scriptures. . . .

(Na joke I dey joke o. Lol.)

@Topic

Fabulous gesture by the PDP. Who would have thought that the much maligned PDP has far more 'milk of human kindness' than the self-proclaimed "people's governor" can ever muster? One by one, the progrethieves in the APC would reveal themselves as the callous and ungodly demons they are, and Nigerians would become wiser in making their democratic choices.

The PDP is a safer, saner option than the APC and its constituent parts, no doubt about that.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
Obiagelli:
if the PDP (controlling governments at the centre), can't adopt this as a national policy then it's stupid. What happens to even poorer Widows in their millions? Should they wait till they are insulted?

Leave the center, the center wasn't the one that told the woman to go and die, even the center isn't uncouth as this fugly dude, so leave the center alone. Every PDP is independent of their own actions and decision though they have one agenda and reporting to one unit, but each state forms their own winning strategies. If EDO PDP can adopt it at their state level and it works for them, GREAT. That it worked in Edo doesn't mean it will work in Rivers.

Besides, why should this be a "national policy"? Isn't it the responsibilities of the states or cities to take care of their widows/ Or you want to add another burden onto our national budget abi? Yes, the insults brought about the change, at time things have to happen for there to be change. Like Edo Gov was fed about something and decided to enforce laws, same rule applies...SO YES, if the likes of GOV have to insult citizens in a demeaning way for ther to be change, SO BE IT.

10 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
PDP wins this time.1-0. Remember Joe the Plumber and Obama.Pdp wins small battles and loses the war. Pdp can never redeem itself in my mind.They want to give 250k to steal billions.Tufiakwa!!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
JulianBond007: PDP Edo state chapter is giving the woman 250k. I expect APC to tripple the amount and shame PDP. Its all about the highest bidder. Let them play politics with the matter. grin grin

It's not about the highest bidder, it's about the intention.

Can't you see the pattern of abuse and injustice meted out to poor citizens?

First it was unjustly deportation by a certain governor,

Now we have a governor who told a poor widow to go and die

What's the common denominator between these two - SAME PARTY IDEOLOGIES .

Nigerians should think with their head, the devil you see and you know, is better the so-called proclaimed saint you don't know only to manifest as Lucifer himself.

11 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by BabaEleko(m): 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nothing special. Na the woman share of the "national cake" she wan collect so.
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
omanzo02:

U goofed, it clear in the article that "
PDP has instituted an endowment fund for ALL WIDOWS and oppressed" in Edo state, the woman is just the person to access it.
great then, I would monitor to see how it goes.
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by jmaine: 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
nuclearboy: Nice, very nice! Even if this is just for political gain, at least a Nigerian who otherwise wouldn't have gotten such, has profited!

A very fair and apt post bruv . . . .

Healthy competition will benefit the masses more, while our democratic tenets grows and mature steadily . . . cool

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
manny4life:

Leave the center, the center wasn't the one that told the woman to go and die, even the center isn't uncouth as this fugly dude, so leave the center alone. Every PDP is independent of their own actions and decision though they have one agenda and reporting to one unit, but each state forms their own winning strategies. If EDO PDP can adopt it at their state level and it works for them, GREAT. That it worked in Edo doesn't mean it will work in Rivers.

Besides, why should this be a "national policy"? Isn't it the responsibilities of the states or cities to take care of their widows/ Or you want to add another burden onto our national budget abi? Yes, the insults brought about the change, at time things have to happen for there to be change. Like Edo Gov was fed about something and decided to enforce laws, same rule applies...SO YES, if the likes of GOV have to insult citizens in a demeaning way for ther to be change, SO BE IT.
If the PDP ain't adopting it as policy then it's of no use other than politics. If Nigeria's economy was favorable the woman won't be on the street. Where is the FG'S social ware fare package for the needy

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by jmaine: 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
pro01:

Even Devil sef sabi quote the scriptures. . . .

(Na joke I dey joke o. Lol.)

@Topic

Fabulous gesture by the PDP. Who would have thought that the much maligned PDP has far more 'milk of human kindness' than the self-proclaimed "people's governor" can ever muster? One by one, the [i]progrethieves[/] in the APC would reveal themselves as the callous and ungodly demons they are, and Nigerians would become wiser in making their democratic choices.

The PDP is a safer, saner option than the APC and its constituent parts, no doubt about that.

Broz, see as your joke just burst my bubble . .lolz . . . tongue . ..

But we know say all na politics . . . . grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fielding Jonathan In 2015 Election Was A Mistake - Fayose / Lagos State Suspends NURTW Operations / COVID-19:Twenty Osun Judges In Isolation After Dubai Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.