Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,806 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

What Church Do You Attend? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Church Do You Attend? (13480 Views)

Why You Should Be Very Careful What Church You Attend - A MUST READ! / Which Church Do You Attend And Why? / Nairalanders What Church Do You Attend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Church Do You Attend? by goodguy(m): 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2005
www.dictionary.com sure is a good site. You didnt need to have copied that for me. Cant u read? I said "In ur own words"
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by WesleyanA(f): 11:42pm On Sep 14, 2005
can't you read. i said i wasn't your teacher. i'm not going to waste my time like this is my homework.
it's answers.com by the ways tongue
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by donnie(m): 12:29pm On Sep 17, 2005
Christ Embassy of course, where we give your life a meaning.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by layi(m): 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2005
Me too Christ Embassy a.k.a Believers Loveworld.......building a happier world with love
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by goodguy(m): 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2005
Eyin omo Oyakhilome grin I love the guy's preaching.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by fabian(f): 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2005
R.C.C.G rocks though!
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by otokx(m): 11:57am On Sep 24, 2005
The Carpenter's Church
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by Latoya(f): 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2005
which one is d capenter's church?
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by hotangel2(f): 10:04pm On Sep 24, 2005
I was gonna ask the same question.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by goodguy(m): 11:49pm On Sep 24, 2005
Jesus was a carpenter so I think it's more like Jesus' Church
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by queen2(f): 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2005
goodguy:

Jesus was a carpenter so I think it's more like Jesus' Church

hmm jesus church called carpenter's church, i doubt it, even if jesus was a carpenter...
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by Seye(m): 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2005
Seye attends Christ Life Church (An arm of The Sword of the Spirit Ministries)
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by trinity: 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2005
Winners Chapel
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by nike4luv(f): 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2005
@ trinity..where u live?
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by SirKay3(m): 10:56pm On Oct 07, 2005
Mentioning the name of our churches is not the most important thing pls. Let's pray that whichever one we attend, God'ld make us know the truth of HIS word and do as HE commads.

Is your church a gate to heaven or hell? Let's all ponder about this o. Eternity is fast approaching, heaven and hell are both real o.

I attend Deeper Life
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by WesleyanA(f): 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2005
cool. i know someone who attends deeper life too. didn't they say deeper life members aren't allowed to use computers/T.Vs? don't let your pastor catch you wink
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by SirKay3(m): 6:28pm On Oct 08, 2005
WesleyanA,

Haba. Enough of this they said, they say or whatever about Deeper Life Church. Why dont you go in there and attend a service to see for yourself.

We are on the Net o and the address is,

www.dclm.org

I dont criticise churches and will never do in my life, but am always praying that God should open our eyes to see the truth and our minds to know it and allow the grace of God to perform the work of holiness in our lives.

Heaven is sooooo precious o.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by WesleyanA(f): 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2005
people say stupid stuff about your church then. you should get them and teach them the lesson of their lives.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by SirKay3(m): 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2005
No problem my sister, we all own our opinions, so no shaking.

May God keep us all till the end by His grace
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by adesodgi(m): 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2005
Amen ojare my deeper life bros.
I no be deeper life o,am a happy catholic and attend Saint David's..
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by Balogun(m): 9:27pm On Oct 18, 2005
Never been able to understand nigerians obsession with what is not their natural religion. We are even more religious than those that introduced us to religion. The only thing that is important is morality. This is something absent in most nigerians, explaining obsession with religion. What have we benefited from those that brought us religion. Civil war, strife, diseases, corruption.......... need i go on
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by goodguy(m): 9:30pm On Oct 18, 2005
The topic says, "what church do you attend?" smiley
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by donnie(m): 7:52am On Oct 19, 2005
Morality is important for any society to function properly. Morality in itself is not good enough without a living relationship with the creator.

This relationship is what gives eternal life in this world and hereafer. Morality cannot give eternal life.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by Balogun(m): 12:31pm On Oct 19, 2005
Funny thing about this church business. I heard a year or so ago some pastor in London, nigerian off course was celebrating his birthday party for which he hired a 5* hotel, had special guests with bill running into hundreds of thousands. What has that got to do with religion. Yet nigerians flock to this church and hand over their money to this man. Wish i had that gift of talk to make people part with their money that easy. Morality is what nigerians need and not religion. I dont go to church, I keep moral standards and help fellow human beings
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by goodguy(m): 7:33pm On Oct 19, 2005
So why then did God tell Solomon to build a temple for him? Wasn't it for people to worship in it? So why then do u say it's not what we need? Can anyone tell God what we need or not?
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by fabian(f): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2005
As for me, I don't bother myself with things like what the Pastor did outside church, or what they do with my offerings/tithes. I go to church to listen to the word. If a Pastor delivers the word in a way that increases my knowledge and understanding of God, then I am O.K with that. There are too many more important thing to worry about than my Pastors (mis)conduct.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by layi(m): 11:08am On Oct 20, 2005
I get angered when people talk about pastors squandering their money. How did u see it in the first place. It shows how greedy u are. If u know u can't give without lettin go.,...then don't give.
If he truly was your pastor and u gave from your heart not out of coersion, then i tell u..u would be the one to buy a car for him not backbiting.
Has your going to that church blessed u? If not then leave rather than watch for stupid signs like how he spends your money. I doubt if such people had ever given a dime to their pastor (thanksgiving).
Ur business in church is to get blessed. If u r not gettin it, check urself. U may need to adjust urself or vamoose
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by fabian(f): 11:20am On Oct 20, 2005
Word!
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by donnie(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2005
Mark 14:3-10:

"3 And while he was at Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at table, a woman came with an alabaster flask of ointment of pure nard, very costly, and she broke the flask and poured it over his head. 4 But there were some who said to themselves indignantly, "Why was the ointment thus wasted? 5 For this ointment might have been sold for more than three hundred denarii, and given to the poor." And they reproached her. 6 But Jesus said, "Let her alone; why do you trouble her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 7 For you always have the poor with you, and whenever you will, you can do good to them.... 9 And truly, I say to you, wherever the gospel is preached in the whole world, what she has done will be told in memory of her." 10 Then Judas Iscariot, who was one of the twelve, went to the chief priests in order to betray him to them"

You know, there is nothing new under the sun. I am often glad when i see people of God put God's work to test. It is very likely that the man of God had nothing to do with the extravagant celebration that was held on his behalf. But that is the kind of honour God gives to his prophets who have left all to follow him.

Whether people are happy about it or not is inconsequential. It is not their money that was used. Such people are coveteous. They may not say they are angry about it openly, they could even mention the poor to cover up, but their hearts are not right. And like Judas, who was a theif, they can even kill. He was so angry over the matter that he betrayed Jesus and sold him out.

The bible tells us that whosoever honours a prophet shall recieve the prophets reward. In my church we give to our pastor Big time! I do not know what we gave for his last birthday but i can remember in 2003, as a church we gave himĀ  $1million as a birthday gift. If you are angry about that, go knock your head on the wall!

We know how to celebrate good gifts from God. We know the kind of man of God we have. We know that all that money will go back into the gospel but we do it all the same.

I remember several years ago, when we gave him a gift of N3mil, he used all of it to purchase cameras for our TV ministry.. Cars will mean nothing.he will give them all out.

You say church business? I pity you.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by layi(m): 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2005
I attest to the gifts because i'm also a member of BLW aka christ embassy.
It basically has to do wit the state of their hearts. I once saw (in church) a man dropped his car keys and went half naked (dropped his clothes except his boxers and singlet) during Oyakhilome's teachin on "Kingdon Finance".
This man recieved a hummer 2 months later. Another 1 gave a truck to the TV ministry and he raised a dead soul in eastern Nigeria later.
I dropped all i had when i was in school to support the gospel and that month i recieved 24 times what i gave. People remembered me.

I said that to say this. I don't need anyone to tell me its good to give. If i found out later that the money was used to buy a car...i would even fuel it for them. I'm beign blessed by givin to the kingdom and thats d most important.

Those who complain about how d money is spent are greedy and do not understand a thing about Kingdom finance.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by damygurl(f): 11:23pm On Oct 22, 2005
I go to:
Mountain Of Fire(MFM) &
Evangel Cathedral.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by otokx(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2005
i attend the carpenter's church

www.thecarpenterschurch.org

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Thank God For One Thing In Your Life / What's Your Favourite Christian Music? / Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.