Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,539 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:33 PM

What Church Do You Attend? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Church Do You Attend? (13436 Views)

Why You Should Be Very Careful What Church You Attend - A MUST READ! / Which Church Do You Attend And Why? / Nairalanders What Church Do You Attend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Church Do You Attend? by ono(m): 3:46pm On Mar 04, 2006
I'm already involved in Gods work:

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature
Mark 16:15
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by donnie(m): 5:51pm On Mar 04, 2006
Inasmuch as God is interested in soul-winning, he is also interrested in the 'due process'. He is a God of order and He is bringing order to his church which should  be presented as a bride without spot or wrinkle at His appearing.

God is not only concerned about souls. He is also very very concerned about the due procees. This is the reason many preachers will Go to hell for starting churches. Some started churches  because they had some problem where they were before and so left the church to start theirs as if it were a  business. They think it is all about winning souls , but it isnt.

You can't just get up and say, "i worship God in my house". or "I  am starting my own Church" No! you have to be called of God into that ministry office. It is not a business, but a calling. You cannot have a church in your house. However, the church can  meet in your house. Do you understand me?

This is talking of God's Spiritual order and the way he is building His church.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by ono(m): 7:59am On Mar 06, 2006
No doubt, we are saying absolutely the same thing, my brother.

I go to church but I don't get glued to the politics in there.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by desiretom(f): 4:40pm On Mar 06, 2006
naaaaaaaa, very tiresome, i tell you.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by babymine(f): 1:21pm On Mar 13, 2006
Abundant Life Evangel Mission. grin
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 15, 2006
Living Faith Chruch
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by Grizzly(m): 12:35am On Mar 15, 2006
Well i dont got no specific church. i attend diff. churches as the spirit leads.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:35am On Mar 15, 2006
i hardly go to church sad
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by vickybabe(f): 12:37am On Mar 15, 2006
redeemed christain church of God (RCCG)
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by donnie(m): 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2006
Grizzly,

is that as the Spirit leads or as u lead?
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by reniks(f): 1:41pm On Mar 18, 2006
The Redeemed Christian Church of God.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by Rhea(f): 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2006
, that other shursh by the end of my street, across the motor park, adjacent to that police station
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by desiretom(f): 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2006
hehehehe, very funny Rhea
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by Johnny(m): 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2006
I am Methodist by birth, but now I go to DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by LaShon(f): 7:20pm On May 22, 2006
IMPACT Ministries - Huntsville, Alabama

www.impactministries.com

But, living to attend the synagogue!!!
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by blueiyke(m): 10:47am On May 23, 2006
Christ Embassy
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by TMoney4(m): 11:40am On May 23, 2006
CHRIST EMBASSY CHURCH A.K.A BELIEVERS' LOVEWORLD

WWW.CHRISTEMBASSY.ORG
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by layi(m): 2:55pm On May 23, 2006
Christ Embassy
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by LaShon(f): 3:23pm On May 23, 2006
That is, T.B Joshua's Church of all Nations.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by blueiyke(m): 3:54pm On May 23, 2006
@ LaShon

Christ Embassy is pastored by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (You may have heard the name before), not T.B. Joshua.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by dammybee(f): 4:56pm On May 23, 2006
The Apostolic Church (Glorious Vision)  cool cool cool
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by Dojo(m): 4:58pm On May 23, 2006
Christ Apostolic Church.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by akindaves(m): 9:43am On May 25, 2006
the redeemed christian church of God. you can visit our site on www.rccg.org
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by JOSSYTEM(f): 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2006
I AM A BORN ANGLICAN, AND I AM PROUD OF IT wink
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by plezant(f): 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2006
Roman Catholic
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by mekoyo(m): 12:49pm On Feb 12, 2007
I attend DLBC

Deeper Life Bible Church

cool. i know someone who attends deeper life too. didn't they say deeper life members aren't allowed to use computers/T.Vs? don't let your pastor catch you

Where did you get that from.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by TV01(m): 1:11pm On Feb 12, 2007
Church is not something you attend. Church is not a "go to". Asking the question "what church" is nonsensical, as there is only one. The earth has only one moon, and as such no one ever bothered naming it.

The church is something one is a part of a "belong to", so any question of "which one" is inherently flawed and betrays an inherent mis-understanding of the nature of the church. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger smiley!

God bless
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by trinigirl1(f): 1:26pm On Feb 12, 2007
TV!

I am back! I don't think this forum is the same without us grin where is shahan and tayoD? Have they taken sabbatical?

Anyway, you are right! Church is not a building or religious affiliation. I see some people say they are a proud Anglican. I hope someday we as christians will realise that our pride should only be in Christ as being one of his born again spirit filled, spirit led, saved by grace disciples. smiley
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by TV01(m): 2:00pm On Feb 12, 2007
trini_girl:

I am back! I don't think this forum is the same without us grin

Welome back my sister! I noted your re-appearance and I was truly gladdened. (Just in time for Vals day too  grin). How far? How de go dey go? I trust all is well with you and yours!

Your return is timely ma'am. some gunslingers who go by the names of bari_kade and analytical are looking for a shootout on a thread titled "Church Structure & Sole Pastor Authority". When they finally show up, I was hoping you'd be kind enough to ride shotgun with me!

trini_girl:

Anyway, you are right! Church is not a building or religious affiliation. I see some people say they are a proud Anglican. I hope someday we as christians will realise that our pride should only be in Christ as being one of his born again spirit filled, spirit led, saved by grace disciples. smiley

A claim to be a proud [insert denomination here], is very worrying. It is engendered by a combination of religious pride and spiritual deceit, and is almost certain to make people miss road (the broad way instead of the narrow path).

Stressing allegiance to any other than Christ and claiming membership of something other than the true church/one body, could in a very real sense disqualify one. Christ is coming for His Bride. There's a LovePeddler out there and to the undiscerning eye , not only does she look, talk, speak and act like the real thing, she is a lot more seductive.

A word for the wise and those who are proud of Him, boast in Him and love Him in truth.

God bless
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by shahan(f): 2:36pm On Feb 12, 2007
@trini_girl,

trini_girl:

I am back! I don't think this forum is the same without us grin where is shahan and tayoD? Have they taken sabbatical?

Chei! This trini_babe thinks she's the only one who can appear and disappear without notice!

Anyway, I'm thousands of miles away from naija at the mo, and will be returning to our air-and-noise pollution in naija soon. How I hate the feeling that my hols are almost over! undecided
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by mrpataki(m): 6:01pm On Feb 12, 2007
@ Shahan,
Welcome back.
Re: What Church Do You Attend? by trinigirl1(f): 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2007
@ TV

Valentine's Day u say! Well since you dumped me a couple weeks ago Im not sure I qualify anymore   wink
(I don't forget)

Anyways, I'm great.  All is well.  Just very busy with work these days.  But I missed annoying you guys too much to stay away any longer  grin

I have much to catch up on, but I have been passively observing this bari kade fellow. Let me come up to speed before I join any existing debate.

Much luv!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Thank God For One Thing In Your Life / THREE THINGS GOD CAN NOT DO / What Makes The "Ember" Months So Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.