Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,722 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Oshiomole And Rumuola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole And Rumuola (552 Views)

Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Governor Oshiomole And Wife Postpone Honeymoon / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomole And Rumuola by kel4soft: 11:53am On Nov 30, 2013
As the title suggest, the Governor has fallen into the hands of one chance of PDP in his state.

Now, let me talk about Rumuola.
Rumuola is a very popular place in Port Harcourt that connects Aba-Road and Ikwerre road. Runs from Aba road to Ikwerre with one end at Aba-Road with flyover and another end at Ikwerre road with rotary (roundabout). Now, I will be discussing the one at Aba road. Before I continue I would like to tell you that, the road is a dualized one with walkways from both sides of shoulders.

Two months ago, I went to RIVCAS at Rumuola to see a relative of mine that lives there after work. Coming back. I took a cab to Rumuola junction, to take another that will take me to artillery junction. On approaching at the junction of Rumuola junction. I noticed traders have practically blocked both the walk ways and one full lane. Thus leading to serious traffic to commuters.

I was really angry, I quickly ask the TIMARIV guys there, why they should allow this nonsense. One of them told me, they are tired of arresting them. Even the police I tried approaching looked too tired to say anything. I was like, why on earth in God's name will people decide that, is only on walk ways and roads they will sell?

And this is not peculiar to Rumuola junction. If you go to Slaughter area, where RCC is constructing a road, you will still see traders selling under a crane. All in the name of making money at the expensive of their lives and hazards they may likely incur.

I truly understand the plight of Nigerians, but we must try and see how we can keep our city clean. We have all pass through poverty one way or the other. That doesn't mean we should keep our city untidy.

I understand the Comrade's anger, but he went too far and I myself not even a Govt worker or politician hate seeing how hawkers litter our street indiscriminately.

I hope, Nigerians must kick against this vices instead of sympathising with the woman at the expense future law laws.
Re: Oshiomole And Rumuola by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
I understand your anger and how you want Nigeria to look like a western city. That's nice but don't you think to solve this problems, government need to do the needful.

You will understand that Nigeria, a country of more than 150million people has not generated power above 4000 megawatts of electricity since the country independence. We need electricity to power the industries, attract foreign investors and engage in micro schemes, and other small scale businesses that will employ many. Can 4000 megawatts of fluctuating electricity provide enough power to millions of Nigerians and its economic ventures to increase the GDP?

In developed country of the world, their government takes care and maintains its citizens and the society runs smoothly. Youths access student loans to finance their education and that basically keeps them off the streets hawking on walkways.

Social care also goes to every legal citizens to access. You hear of health insurance schemes, payment to unemployed graduates and other basic necessities of life provided by the government.

With all this in place, you won't see someone trading on walkways and on the street. Jobless people are even paid over there.

Nigeria is a consumption based economic unlike this developed countries that has industries that produces virtually all they need. Job opportunities aren't a problem to the youths of this developed countries hence their absorption into the working economy.

Since we are consumption based economy, 90 percentage of Nigerians to my statistics will remain traders until we industrialised. More jobless people will always hawk/sell and the Nigerian government can never win the war not until the do the needful

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole And Rumuola by bloggernaija: 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Western country ,
They do not even behave or to lest things like that in many parts of Africa .
Have you even been to Cotonou before?

(1) (Reply)

Obama's Tribute To Mandela / Frank Talk To Our Leaders / BREAKING: Six Rivers State Lawmakers Move To Impeach Gov. Amaechi Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.