Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,014 members, 7,803,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

How Do I Make My Blog Post Short - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Make My Blog Post Short (671 Views)

20 Blog Post Ideas To Boost Your Readers Engagement / How To Make Google Index Your New Blog Post, Web Page Quickly. / Classical Ways Of Promoting A New Blog Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make My Blog Post Short by vosquare: 12:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
masters i nid ur helps on my blog. when i post sumtin long on my blog,it will bring it lyk dat on my blog
what i min hear is dat sum1 shuld just c d beginning of d post den click on it to view d remaining........sumtin lyk read more underneath nt 2 post everyitin @ once...pls if u no understnd wetn i dey talk,go to vosqaure..com nd linda ikeji blog on pc and c d post difference,i hv changed to meni template stil d same
i nid ur helps pls...veri urgent
Re: How Do I Make My Blog Post Short by omoelu1(m): 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
firstly, go to your blogger dashboard, then to settings.Select the "other" option and look for the "allow blog feed" bar. Set it to "until jump break" and save.
The next time you want to write a post, use the "insert jump break" option in the editor tool bar. Insert the jump break where you want the post to break from.
And you are done.
Re: How Do I Make My Blog Post Short by ZinoFego: 11:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
No offence intended, but as a blogger I think you should be able to express yourself in a well written and properly formatted article in correct English Language.

I didn't bother visiting your blog because, I know there may be no difference between what you wrote here and what you have there.

Have a great evening.

vosquare: masters i nid ur helps on my blog. when i post sumtin long on my blog,it will bring it lyk dat on my blog
what i min hear is dat sum1 shuld just c d beginning of d post den click on it to view d remaining........sumtin lyk read more underneath nt 2 post everyitin @ once...pls if u no understnd wetn i dey talk,go to vosqaure..com nd linda ikeji blog on pc and c d post difference,i hv changed to meni template stil d same
i nid ur helps pls...veri urgent
Re: How Do I Make My Blog Post Short by Gerardcole(m): 12:03am On Dec 02, 2013
This works on wp. Dunno about bg.

If you write up to the point you want to be shown only when the post is visited, put the html tag.

<!--more-->

The rest of the post starting from where this tag is should then be stripped if the post is being shown on a posts list page.

No fears. That tag is in the html commenting format so it wouldn't show in your post even if blogger doesn't support it. I would be waiting for your feedback.
Re: How Do I Make My Blog Post Short by bizfirst: 2:32am On Dec 02, 2013
Gerardcole: This works on wp. Dunno about bg.

If you write up to the point you want to be shown only when the post is visited, put the html tag.

<!--more-->

The rest of the post starting from where this tag is should then be stripped if the post is being shown on a posts list page.

No fears. That tag is in the html commenting format so it wouldn't show in your post even if blogger doesn't support it. I would be waiting for your feedback.

GBAM

You nailed it! And that HTML tag works across boards! I used it when my theme could not handle the function for me. However, my theme does the summary now.

(1) (Reply)

Creating Good Web Forms / Do U Need A Website To Sell U Books / I 'm Looking For Lagos State & Kaduna State Database To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.