Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,389 members, 7,808,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land (7249 Views)

Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) / Live From Senator Gilbert Nnaji Celebration Party / Tribunal Sacks Senator Gilbert Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 1:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
A fight ensued today between senator gil nnaji who is representing the Enugu east senatorial district in the senate and his junior brother hon.cornelius Nnaji who doubles as the chairman of Enugu east local government over a land.
The senator who wanted to build a health center for the Nike community indicated his interest to use the land which was alloted to the Nike women association for the construction of their secretariat. The move by the senator to take the land met strong opposition by the women association who approached the local government chairman to help them and call his brother(sen.gil) to order, after a private meeting between the senator and his brother the chairman who is popularly known as ike nike(power of Nike) in the Nike community they agreed to meet publicly with the Nike women so as to strike an all party accepted agreement between the women and the senator. The meeting was fixed for today saturday the 31st november at the iji Nike community hall.
All parties arrived this morning for the meeting which proceeded peacefully until the chairman asked the senator to compensate the women if he insists on taking their land or look for another land but the senator disagreed and insisted that since the project is for the good of the community, the women have to forfeit the land, A statement which didn't augur well for the chairman who told the senator to his face that he will never get the land and walked out of the meeting with his supporters. As at now, the fight is still on-going but it seems the chairman enjoys enough support from the Nike community......I will countinue to bring updates as the fight countinues
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
I tried taking some close range pix when the senator and chairman were exchanging words but a security man attached to the senator seized my phone, it took the intervention of the chairmans p.A who is a close friend of mine to get back my phone but they made me delete all the pictures........I was later able to take pictures of the crowd that gathered but am having trouble uploading the pictures..

The senator and the chairman

Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
Try snap some pics
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
ilugunboy: Try snap some pics
I snapped some pix but I can't resize them.....I snapped with a blackberry
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
The chairman just gathered his supporters which is a major chunk of the people gathered and left the scene. They are moving towards his house now. The senator looks on helplessly.

The wife of the chairman who doubles as the woman leader Is seen moving towards the women probably to adress them.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by collynzo2(m): 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
At least they are both fighting for the good of their people, not for personal gains.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
The fight is almost is about to degenerate between the senator's security and the chairman's......the senator's security men attempted to beat the chairman's supporter who assaulted the senator to his face but the chairmans security men took it personal.......the way this people are carrying their guns with recklessness, their may be an accidental discharge
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
Pls is their any blackberrry app that I can use to resize this pictures..........I have a couple of pictures of the crowd gathered
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by ENEONWO(m): 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
That's what you get when touts assume power. Sullivan Chime has made Gil Nnaji believe one can grab people's land without compensation, all in the name of bringing development. Sullivan grabbed some 6000 hectares of land belonging to Ihe community (in Awgu LGA) and handed them to one foreign company named San Carlos for pineapple farm/ processing plant partnership with the State Govt. This was done without any negotiation with the land-owners, not to talk about compensation. Now, Gil Nnaji, a dormant senator, an educated illiterate has learnt the art of land-grabbing from Governor Chime's administration. Besides, if not for the unholy imprimatur of the Governor, why would two brothers and their father take the traditional rulership, Senatorial seat and LG Chairmanship post of their place? Is Nnaji family the only family in the zone? Or, were the people of Enugu East being used to compensate the royal father, Igwe Edward Nnaji and his sons?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
Gunshots are currently been fired in the air by the senators security scene so as to disperse the crowd who are booing him.
I sighted few state house of assembly members from the zone gathering in the Nnaji palace probably to cool down the chairman who is still boiling and threatening to use his executive powers to take over the land.
The igwe of the community who is also their senior brother is also currently talking to the chairman.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
Pdp women from the zone are singing the chairman's praise. The whole scuffle is about to boil down to a political war. The commisioner for inter-ministerial affairs just entered the palace
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
The senator just left while the chairman retreats to his house.....this signals the beginning of another political war between the two brothers. They had fought a very deadly war prior to the 2007 election which their mum managed to settle, she died few months after advocating peace between them. The Nnaji political dynasty and royal family is arguably the strongest political dynasty and most legendary royal family in Enugu. I will countinue to update on the fight as it progresses. Am an insider in the family.......anyway, security have been beefed up in the palace with anti-riot and anti-kidnap squad deployed to the palace. Its also now a no picture for workers there.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
ENEONWO: Besides, if not for the unholy imprimatur of the Governor, why would two brothers and their father take the traditional rulership, Senatorial seat and LG Chairmanship post of their place? Is Nnaji family the only family in the zone? Or, were the people of Enugu East being used to compensate the royal father, Igwe Edward Nnaji and his sons?

My brother, the people of Nike have this almajiri mentality towards the Nnajis. Infact, Enugu east local council was created for their father by Abacha. Can't you see their father's statue standing in the middle of the secretariat and pointing at his "subjects"? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
20pounds:

My brother, the people of Nike have this almajiri mentality towards the Nnajis. Infact, Enugu east local council was created for their father by Abacha. Can't you see their father's statue standing in the middle of the secretariat and pointing at his "subjects"? Smh

You got it wrong, The Nike people love their father, he brought them to political limelight. The man was a also a good man which is why his children flourish in politics.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Firefire(m): 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
What are they fighting for?
Personal Gain or community gain?
I believe the people can reason and choose what they want.
chikena
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by mekaboy(m): 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
vanguard1:

You got it wrong, The Nike people love their father, he brought them to political limelight. The man was a also a good man which is why his children flourish in politics.

U mean their great grand father not the ones on the throne nw.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by ENEONWO(m): 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
vanguard1:

VANGUARD1, thank you for the update anyways. Yes, Igwe Edward Nnaji may have been adjudged a good man, but could he be the only good man in Enugu East? I am pretty sure that it was the Sullivan influence & the band-wagon mentality of the people (who, like their counterparts, are hungry and do not believe that their votes would count) that helped the then Hon. Gil Nnaji's senatorial ambition. When he help position of a member of the House of Reps, what were Senator Gilbert Nnaji's achievement, apart from constant use of body creams and his "fine boy" posturing? His brother, Cornelius Ike Nnaji is far more honest, intelligent and humane.

2 Likes

Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by juman(m): 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
The thread is interesting.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by MrRenaissance: 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
Shameless fools. Look at the people we entrusted power and leadership with. Smh
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by kmariko: 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2013
ENEONWO: That's what you get when touts assume power. Sullivan Chime has made Gil Nnaji believe one can grab people's land without compensation, all in the name of bringing development. Sullivan grabbed some 6000 hectares of land belonging to Ihe community (in Awgu LGA) and handed them to one foreign company named San Carlos for pineapple farm/ processing plant partnership with the State Govt. This was done without any negotiation with the land-owners, not to talk about compensation. Now, Gil Nnaji, a dormant senator, an educated illiterate has learnt the art of land-grabbing from Governor Chime's administration. Besides, if not for the unholy imprimatur of the Governor, why would two brothers and their father take the traditional rulership, Senatorial seat and LG Chairmanship post of their place? Is Nnaji family the only family in the zone? Or, were the people of Enugu East being used to compensate the royal father, Igwe Edward Nnaji and his sons?

What was on the land before Sullivan put it to use. Were they using the land productively or was it just there as has been throughout the millennium with nothing to show for it.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Napoleondegreat: 10:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
Op i dare say that u are from Nnaji family. Hence ur stupid defence of their madness in not only Enugu east lga but also on the entire federal constituency it shares with Isi uzo lga. Nike has always beleived that they own every political post in this constituency and ended up giving us a man who is almost illiterate and who can not speak English as a senator. Just know that the political domineering era of the Nnajis has already come to an end. So stop braging of ur fake political success.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 7:53am On Dec 01, 2013
mekaboy:

U mean their great grand father not the ones on the throne nw.
It is not their great grand father buddy, it is their father "Edward Nnaji" he is the person moulded on that epitaph at Abakpa junction. The present igwe is his first son and a very honest man too. He have helped many Nike indigenes secure admission and job.
Generally, the Nnaji royal family are a good set of people with goood heart, its just that politics has always tried to tear the family apart
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 7:59am On Dec 01, 2013
ENEONWO: VANGUARD1, thank you for the update anyways. Yes, Igwe Edward Nnaji may have been adjudged a good man, but could he be the only good man in Enugu East? I am pretty sure that it was the Sullivan influence & the band-wagon mentality of the people (who, like their counterparts, are hungry and do not believe that their votes would count) that helped the then Hon. Gil Nnaji's senatorial ambition. When he help position of a member of the House of Reps, what were Senator Gilbert Nnaji's achievement, apart from constant use of body creams and his "fine boy" posturing? His brother, Cornelius Ike Nnaji is far more honest, intelligent and humane.

Constant use of body cream grin
ENEONWO: VANGUARD1, thank you for the update anyways. Yes, Igwe Edward Nnaji may have been adjudged a good man, but could he be the only good man in Enugu East? I am pretty sure that it was the Sullivan influence & the band-wagon mentality of the people (who, like their counterparts, are hungry and do not believe that their votes would count) that helped the then Hon. Gil Nnaji's senatorial ambition. When he help position of a member of the House of Reps, what were Senator Gilbert Nnaji's achievement, apart from constant use of body creams and his "fine boy" posturing? His brother, Cornelius Ike Nnaji is far more honest, intelligent and humane.

Constant use of body cream...guy you wicked... Truth be told, cornelius enjoys more grassroot support than gilbert, but Gil has more political machineries at his disposal. When It comes to who is better among the two of them, ike nike is always the answer. This is so humble and humane, he is always In touch with the people and treats his subjects with respect. I so much like him and would prefer seeing him in that senate than the ga*ish looking Gil who is more concerned about his looks than his constituency.

1 Like

Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 8:02am On Dec 01, 2013
Firefire: What are they fighting for?
Personal Gain or community gain?
I believe the people can reason and choose what they want.
chikena
Ike nike is fighting for the community while Gil is trying to sustain his political future. Land is in abundance in Nike, he could have chosen another land for the health center and not using the land alloted to the women.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 8:04am On Dec 01, 2013
juman: The thread is interesting.
Stay glued buddy
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 8:07am On Dec 01, 2013
Napoleondegreat: Op i dare say that u are from Nnaji family. Hence ur stupid defence of their madness in not only Enugu east lga but also on the entire federal constituency it shares with Isi uzo lga. Nike has always beleived that they own every political post in this constituency and ended up giving us a man who is almost illiterate and who can not speak English as a senator. Just know that the political domineering era of the Nnajis has already come to an end. So stop braging of ur fake political success.
Why the insults, The Nnaji family's domination of Enugu east just started, they will only rest when they clinch the governorship seat and I see cornelius doing it in the near future. He is currently married to the governor's niece.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 8:08am On Dec 01, 2013
kmariko:

What was on the land before Sullivan put it to use. Were they using the land productively or was it just there as has been throughout the millennium with nothing to show for it.
Bro ask am ooooo
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 8:10am On Dec 01, 2013
Mr Renaissance: Shameless fools. Look at the people we entrusted power and leadership with. Smh
If you don't know what to say, leave the thread.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 8:11am On Dec 01, 2013
Mods!!! This thread is front page worthy nah...please move it to front page. Sexkillz,afam4eva and oAm4j be fast with it biko
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Afam4eva(m): 11:35am On Dec 01, 2013
collynzo2: At least they are both fighting for the good of their people, not for personal gains.
Exactly.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2013
vanguard1: Mods!!! This thread is front page worthy nah...please move it to front page. Sexkillz,afam4eva and oAm4j be fast with it biko

What is front page material about adults fighting for land? Is land that in short supply over there? undecided
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 1:01pm On Dec 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

What is front page material about adults fighting for land? Is land that in short supply over there? undecided
Bros, how far nah.....we don get problem before.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Doesn't Support Nigeria Breakup:Stop Using Ijaw militants as decoy! / BREAKING: Jubilation In Aso Villa, As Buhari Seals Powerful Agreement / Tinubu Should Review RECs Appointment – Ex-INEC Chairman, Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.