Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' (2168 Views)

"Scandal" Fan Page. / Why I Quit Channels TV – Deji-Bademosi / Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
My latest girlfriend is addicted to a show called Scandal which is about a woman called Olivia Pope that is having an affair with the President of the US. The show goes into a lot more but the main plot of the movie surrounds Olivia, the President and the President's wife.
I watched a couple of episodes here and there because that is what my new missus wants to do when we spend time together but watching the latest episode with her, I developed a very strong dislike to the show.
The glorification of Olivia and her relationship with the president is sickening and just makes me feel for his wife. I know it is just a show but I think the way Olivia is praised as a heroine in the movie makes me feel like people condone the relationship of the mistress. I feel the real heroine in the show is Mellie, the President's wife who has been through way too much for that man. She halted her career, had babies, got raped by her father in law, has an unfaithful husband, conspired to rig an election, etc. and is still a strong woman that has been castigated as the nasty wife that pushed her husband into Olivia's arms.

This show is ridiculous and I would like to hear people's opinions on this matter.

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by JadeWilliam(f): 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
So I'm not d Only one not feelin dat series.Dat Olivia Pope actin al high&mighty yet is havin aan affair wit a married president&d whole white house knws abt dat.How real is dat?IIf its a Nigerian film now,it'l mak headlines.Isn't infidelity d reason y they tried 2impeach Clinton?I'm yet 2c d season 2&3.Heard its good but I usually don't lik movies centred mostly on a particular persn;knwin dat nothin can eva happen 2dem in d movie&dats y I lik dat series "Revenge".
Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by anselm791(m): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
You sound like the biggest fan of the show, I've never seen a concise summary of all 3 seasons as above. You even went as far as getting us a photo Lol. Anyway I don't think the show is rediculous, I think you're being rediculous to think the reason she's a herione is because of her affair with the president, that's her weakness and have begged to be let go, and yeah, you have to beg cause if the president wants you, there's not very much you can do. Her strenght is her skills to handle scandals, and that's why she's the star of the show.
Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by sholay2011(m): 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
I just finished the season 1 of this series. Is the OP a wizard? undecided His opinion about the series kinda coincides with mine. Not interested in seeing season 2. I've had enough of the Olivia Pope-gives-Mr President-bedmatic-action-'cos-she's-his- true-love story.

And why do most of the characters speak very fast as if they have hot yams in their mouths? undecided To depict events are fast-paced? Puullleeeaassee!!!! angry

Next thread!! cool
Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by khanivorous(f): 8:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
Don't mind those idiotas

I don't even focus on olivia anymore...his dad the command of B613 is my new focus. With hulk too

Olivia is confused
Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by JadeWilliam(f): 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
sholay2011: I just finished the season 1 of this series. Is the OP a wizard? undecided His opinion about the series kinda coincides with mine. Not interested in seeing season 2. I've had enough of the Olivia Pope-gives-Mr President-bedmatic-action-'cos-she's-his- true-love story.

And why do most of the characters speak very fast as if they have hot yams in their mouths? undecided To depict events are fast-paced? Puullleeeaassee!!!! angry

Next thread!! cool
LMAO.Hot Yams indeed.Exactly my opinion.I didn't digged d film.

I don't knw if its because d so-called Olivia Pope is petite or because d president guy is dull lookin&d character they used him 2play; d president role didn't fit him.Look at d guy dat played President Palmer in 24.

Then d guy dat is his chief of staff abi PA;I'm used 2seein him play roles as dundy lik in Greys Anatomy,he was Meridith's dundy-father then in Prison Break,he was d Vice President's husbnd dat was secluded abi under house arrest who later committed suicide.Inshort d whole characters in dat Scandal??
D one annoyin me is d hype abt d president&Olivia Pope's lame r/shp.

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by sholay2011(m): 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
Jade William:
LMAO.Hot Yams indeed.Exactly my opinion.I didn't digged d film.

I don't knw if its because d so-called Olivia Pope is petite or because d president guy is dull lookin&d character they used him 2play; d president role didn't fit him.Look at d guy dat played President Palmer in 24.

Then d guy dat is his chief of staff abi PA;I'm used 2seein him play roles as dundy lik in Greys Anatomy,he was Meridith's dundy-father then in Prison Break,he was d Vice President's husbnd dat was secluded abi under house arrest who later committed suicide.Inshort d whole characters in dat Scandal??
D one annoyin me is d hype abt d president&Olivia Pope's lame r/shp.
1 million likes!!!!!!

Damn! You hit the nail on the head! Perfect comment. smiley
Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
I have to agree with the OP. That part of Scandal is sickening, Fitz disrespecting Mellie and rubbing his annoying sexcapades with Olivia in her face. Mellie is strong because if I was in her position, I would have stabbed the ungrateful son of a bítch to death. Olivia is such a mediocre and hypocritical person. No matter how moralistic the writers try to portray her, she is still that mistress sleeping with somebody's husband. She is a fixer, she should fix her love life and stop acting so mawkish whenever she's around Fitz. I just wish the writers would hook her up with Jake. I'm sick of the whole Olivia and Fitz affair and how Scandal fans keep exalting it. It's ruining for me an otherwise excellent show.

khanivorous: Don't mind those idiotas

I don't even focus on olivia anymore...his dad the command of B613 is my new focus. With hulk too

Olivia is confused
Tell me about it. Eli Pope is too legit for words, he is the reason I still follow Scandal bumper to bumper.
Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 01, 2013
Thank God I am not alone o. I told my girlfriend about what I thought about the show and she went ballistic. She is a Scandal stan and loves Olivia to death.
I think the main reason a lot of women like the show is due to the race dynamic. Olivia is a black woman who is in a relationship with a white man and is supposedly a strong independent woman who runs a successful business. I think most black women love the stroyline but tend to forget that she is the mistress and there is no honor in that no matter how much excuses are made for her.

*Sigh*

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by Nobody: 12:51am On Dec 01, 2013
anselm791: You sound like the biggest fan of the show, I've never seen a concise summary of all 3 seasons as above. You even went as far as getting us a photo Lol. Anyway I don't think the show is rediculous, I think you're being rediculous to think the reason she's a herione is because of her affair with the president, that's her weakness and have begged to be let go, and yeah, you have to beg cause if the president wants you, there's not very much you can do. Her strenght is her skills to handle scandals, and that's why she's the star of the show.

The only reason I know so much about the show is because me and my missus had an argument about it while we watched the latest episode together last night. I just wanted to confirm that I wasn't the only one who felt that way about the show too.

Besides your argument like all the others is just annoying. So she doesn't know right from wrong? If the man truly truly loves her and she is the strong woman that she is protrayed to be, she would tell him NO! and not sleep with him like trash while he goes home to his wife after. It is beyond sickening how people make up excuses for her behaviour. Honestly we all know it is wrong so we should stop glrofying the relationship she has with that man.
Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by Csami(m): 2:49am On Dec 01, 2013
C'mon, the name says scandal. What were u guys expecting? Romance? Action?
Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by SIRcumalot: 4:55am On Dec 01, 2013
Aside from the jungle fever love between Miss Pope and the President and that enforcer/hacker that can't open his mouth to talk properly I enjoy the show.
Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by chromatic: 8:39am On Dec 02, 2013
I never liked Olivia and that douched face president's relationship, it seems too forced, like they shoving it down people's throat to look like some epic love story..I like Mellie more, though she ha no chemistry with the president guy, which. I exactly what Shonda wanted anyways.
Anyone that watches(or watched) Grey's will see the similarities of Derek/Meredith in this Olivia/fitz snoozefest,which in the same Grey's i liked Addison more, though Addison wasn't a saint too.
Apart from that, the show is just ok, not bad not great either!

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
I hate that show more than all of you combined..I hate the way Olivia talks,like she's carrying water in her mouth,that affair is DISGUSTING.
What is the morale in making Mellie bring Olivia for her husband fitz with face like someone who has everlasting constipation.
Are they glorifying adultery or what abi Olivia cannot say no.I don't see any justification about their affair.The back and forth is repulsive.

Hawk abi Hulk,forever miserable,hate that show!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by jeffoski(m): 3:34am On Dec 03, 2013
I like the show because it shows that no matter how perfect and powerful one might look, there is always one weakness and imperfection some where. Olivia pope with her powerful status and skills is still human and imperfect. In fact all the character are guilty of this. Let's be realistic we have immoralities going on all around the world,na d person wey dem catch red handed na him be bad person at that moment. i would love to see how everything plays out at the end because am loving the twist and turns of every event so far. And i like the way she talks grin
Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by jerrymania(m): 5:48am On Dec 03, 2013
you guys think you are watching a movie.its a t.v series for lords sake, it has an unravelling ongoing story line, every episodes explains why olivia and fitz came to be together, there is a mystery behind their relationship. try and watch the latest episode and see what i mean
Re: Why I Hate The Show 'Scandal' by oluwanoni: 11:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
all those that have commented above s eem to be the biggest fan of the show...why so much hatred if yoi u didnt like it

(1) (Reply)

Offer: Digital Tv System/digital Headend Manufacturer (dvb/cas/stb) / Lost - The Best Serial So Far / A Private Lounge For All Things QUANTICO...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.