Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... (2160 Views)

Dr Paul Enenche's Visit To Agatu Land / See What Dunamis Pastor Dr Paul Enenche Said Would Happen In 2015 / Black Man The Bowl Of Wrath From Which You Drank Will Be Passed To The White Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by rattlesnake(m): 11:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- Paul Franklin Crouch, co-founder of Trinity Broadcasting Network, has died at age 79, according to the Christian-based network's website.

In 1973, the Missouri native founded TBN with his wife and parlayed the television station into the world's largest Christian TV network.

TBN grew from little-watched KLXA Channel 40 in Costa Mesa to a worldwide operation with 84 satellite channels offering targeting specific demographic groups in their native languages around the globe.

Crouch had been treated for chronic heart problems in the past and had received a pacemaker in 2012.

On Oct. 22, the former religious broadcaster was hospitalized in Dallas, Texas due to "heart and health-related issues," but was later released.

Trinity Broadcasting Network released the following statement Saturday: "Dr. Paul F. Crouch passed into the presence of the Lord on November 30, 2013. We are grateful for the live of this amazing servant of God. Please pray for the Crouch family during this time. #paulcrouch #tbn"

No further details on Crouch's death were immediately available.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=9344456

Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 01, 2013
Gone to be with the Lord in glory ? How do you know this.

He is dead and waiting like the rest of the dead for judgement day.

Job 14:12
" So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep."
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:44am On Dec 01, 2013
TBN founder Paul Crouch Dies at the age of 79 after Chronic Heart Problems

Paul Franklin Crouch, co-founder of Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), is dead at age 79, reported his grandson Brandon Crouch on Saturday.

"Today, my grandfather, #PaulCrouchSr went home to be with Jesus in heaven. Thank you for your prayers…" Brandon Crouch tweeted.

TBN's official Facebook page later released the announcement about Crouch's death: "Dr Paul F Crouch passed into the presence of the Lord on November 30, 2013. We are grateful for the life of this amazing servant of God. Please pray for the Crouch family during this time. #paulcrouch #tbn"

http://www.christianpost.com/news/tbn-founder-paul-crouch-dies-at-age-79-after-chronic-heart-problems-109811/
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 2:00am On Dec 01, 2013
^^^

Now I know where you get many of your false doctrines from.

TBN
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05am On Dec 01, 2013
frosbel:

^^^

Now I know where you get many of your false doctrines from.

TBN

Even the devil gives up after a person's demise but you still want to pull him down into the abyss. undecided I can see your partner in crime Goshen lurking in the dark waiting to pounce. cool

3 Likes

Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 2:06am On Dec 01, 2013
^^^^^

I never said anything about Paul or his family, hence the intentional use of TBN.

Back to my point, if this is where you receive your spiritual food from, no wonder you keep producing errors.

wink
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:12am On Dec 01, 2013
frosbel:

^^^^^

I never said anything about Paul or his family, hence the intentional use of TBN.

Back to my point, if this is where you receive your spiritual food from, no wonder you keep producing errors.

wink

If you must attack the man's legacy must you do so on a thread as this? lipsrsealed
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

If you must attack the man's legacy must you do so on a thread as this? lipsrsealed

I am not one of those who curse a man when he is alive and praise him when he is dead.

I am not attacking Paul , I am simply stating the fact that TBN is one of the most dangerous ministries that has done immense damage to believers and the cause of the gospel in this world. You seem to support it , which says a lot about your theology.
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:54am On Dec 01, 2013
frosbel:

I am not one of those who curse a man when he is alive and praise him when he is dead.

You do worse. You curse a man when he is alive and when he is dead as you are doing now.

frosbel:

I am not attacking Paul , I am simply stating the fact that TBN is one of the most dangerous ministries that has done immense damage to believers and the cause of the gospel in this world. You seem to support it , which says a lot about your theology.

By saying what you just said now on this thread proves my point. angry

3 Likes

Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 3:09am On Dec 01, 2013
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

You do worse. You curse a man when he is alive and when he is dead as you are doing now.

Obviously , you cannot understand simple statements !

You need to start receiving teaching from the true source and not TBN.

cool
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Joagbaje(m): 3:52am On Dec 01, 2013
frosbel: Gone to be with the Lord in glory ? How do you know this.

" So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep."

When a believer dies he goes to be with christ.

2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

4 Likes

Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by tpia5: 4:24am On Dec 01, 2013
i dont know him but may he rip.

TBN is watched by a lot of people.
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 5:03am On Dec 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Even the devil gives up after a person's demise but you still want to pull him down into the abyss. undecided I can see your partner in crime Goshen lurking in the dark waiting to pounce. cool
grin grin grin

According to them every single ministers in ages past from luther,spurgeon, hagin,idahosa to even our dear own kumuyi have errors. grin

They might have made mistakes,but saying they are the ones that caused damage is taking it a little too far.

Paul had made his mark by broadcasting Jesus to so many nations via satellite,places like Russia, china,India and some Islamic countries where opposition to the gospel is stiff and persecutions can best be imagined have been touched by this ministry.Lets give honour instead of unwarranted criticism.

Atleast he was broadcasting Jesus,he would have broadcasted english premier league,aljeezera,CNN and other TV shows that are unedifying with his money but no he didn't. May his soul rest in peace.Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Dec 01, 2013
Bidam: grin grin grin

According to them every single ministers in ages past from luther,spurgeon, hagin,idahosa to even our dear own kumuyi have errors. grin

Says a lot about their 'Christ-like nature'... JW folks won't just stop attacking anything or anyone who doesn't use the NWT.
Those MOGs above are well seasoned in the word. Esp Hagin and idahosa

They might have made mistakes,but saying they are the ones that caused damage is taking it a little too far.

grin you just gave them the avenue to derail this thread

grin

Paul had made his mark by broadcasting Jesus to so many nations via satellite,places like Russia, china,India and some Islamic countries where opposition to the gospel is stiff and persecutions can best be imagined have been touched by this ministry.Lets give honour instead of unwarranted criticism.

They won't notice that.... They sure can't! Rather some choose to preach that only 1440 or so folks will go to heaven. grin

Makes me wonder whether Jesus came for a select few.

Atleast he was broadcasting Jesus,he would have broadcasted english premier league,aljeezera,CNN and other TV shows that are unedifying with his money but no he didn't. May his soul rest in peace.Amen.

They won't see that o!

@OP...he's gone to be with the Lord, oya frosbel faint!

grin

2 Likes

Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by nlMediator: 6:45am On Dec 01, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

What you are doing is in extremely poor taste. Somebody died today and you wouldn't even spare him and his ministry a day of your sordid attacks? Unlike you, there are people that believe in Paul Crouch's ministry and they would like to visit this thread to receive some comfort or say some prayers for the departed man's family. There's a a time and place for everything.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Gombs(m): 7:01am On Dec 01, 2013
^^
I tire for frosbel

1 Like

Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by 4tunebest(f): 7:16am On Dec 01, 2013
My first RIP on Nairaland goes to Paul Crouch. I remember that few years ago, my sister and I used to watch this station 24 hours everyday. Thank God for this wonderful man and his glorious vision which has succeeded in liberating captives and bringing millions of people close to God. Indeed, he fulfilled destiny

2 Likes

Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 01, 2013
May his soul rest in peace...his network was really a blessing to many

2 Likes

Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:50am On Dec 01, 2013
Good man
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by cecegorz(m): 9:38am On Dec 01, 2013
This Bro frosbel sha.
Wondering who made you the Registrar of Heaven's gate.
You've got too much bile in you for a double life time, quoting a philosophical thought in the book of job just to 'deny' Paul entry to be with the Lord? Lol
Anyway, thank God we are Confident he is present with the Lord (2cor5vs8)
RIP soldier of Christ. You put the banner of Christ in territories where your critics dare not lift a finger, spreading the Word of life into the hardest iron curtains and deepest dungeons of opposition.
We'll continue to Praise the Lord!
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 01, 2013
1. No one goes to be with the Lord until the resurrection.

2. TBN promoted and still promotes some of the most demonically inspired lies and blasphemies against the truth of God , the mere fact that all of you rely heavily on this ministry instead of Jesus is the main reason why 90% of Nigerian churces are plagued with error and false doctrine.

3. It is so shameful that some so called believers support a ministry that used the proceeds from the poor and gullible to buy a $100,000 dog and live in mansions worth over $10 million.

4. TBN promotes Roman Catholicism - fact

5. TBN promotes some false doctrines such as :

- Kenneth Copeland: "I was shocked when I found out who the biggest failure in the Bible actually is....The biggest one is God....I mean, He lost His top-ranking, most anointed angel; the first man He ever created; the first woman He ever created; the whole earth and all the Fullness therein; a third of the angels, at least--that's a big loss, man. . . . Now, the reason you don't think of God as a failure is He never said He's a failure. And you're not a failure till you say you're one."
"Praise-a-Thon" program on TBN [April 1988]

- Frederick K.C. Price: "God can't do anything in this earth realm except what we, the body of Christ, allow Him to do. Now that statement is so--that's so--that's so foreign and so contrary to tradition that, like I said, if they could get their hands on me right now most evangelicals would burn me at the stake and dismember me and feed me to the crocodiles, because they'll consider that statement to be just heresy."
"Ever Increasing Faith" program on TBN [1 May 1992], audiotape #PR11

Benny Hinn: "When you say, 'I am a Christian, you are saying, 'I am mashiach' in the Hebrew. I am a little messiah walking on earth, in other words That is a shocking revelation.... May I say it like this? You are a little god on earth running around." "Praise-a-Thon" program on TBN [6 November 1990]

John Avanzini: "Jesus had a nice house, a big house--big enough to have company stay the night with Him at the house. Let me show you His house. Go over to John the first chapter and I'II show you His house. . . . Now, child of God, that's a house big enough to have company stay the night in. There's His house."
"Believer's Voice of Victory" program on TBN [20 January 1991]
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

When a believer dies he goes to be with christ.

2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

"people are laid to rest and do not rise again. Until the heavens are no more, they will not wake up nor be roused from their sleep." - Job 14:12
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by cecegorz(m): 11:04am On Dec 01, 2013
frosbel:

"people are laid to rest and do not rise again. Until the heavens are no more, they will not wake up nor be roused from their sleep." - Job 14:12
Hahahahahha. Bro Frosbel, do you really do contextual studies or you just lift up a scripture and starts shouting on the roof top?
Do you think that every statement made in the Bible by everybody speaks the mind of God?
Continuing to quote Job's statement when he was utterly confused about his trial period, after you have been corrected, and projecting it to Christians as Gods' final word shows crass ignorance and unteachable Spirit.
Now, come with me to same Job later in Chpt 38vs1-2
''Then the Lord answered Job ... 'Who is he that darkeneth my words without knowledge? Gird up now...for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me'.''
Job was dumbfounded as God put to shreds all his previous lamentations (chpts 38-41) until the 42nd chapter when his eyes cleared, he blurted out '...but now my eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and I repent in dust and ashes' vs5,6.
That's a humble and a teachable Spirit at display.
That's why scripture says 'we know in parts, and we prophesy in parts', we can all learn and grow as revelation increases.
While Job ignorantly said then that '...they
Shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep'
The present hour truth is that '...with the trump of God, the dead in Christ shall rise first.' 1thes4vs16
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 01, 2013
[quote author=cecegorz]
Hahahahahha. Bro Frosbel, do you really do contextual studies or you just lift up a scripture and starts shouting on the roof top?
Do you think that every statement made in the Bible by everybody speaks the mind of God?

The Book of JOB is inspired.

Continuing to quote Job's statement when he was utterly confused about his trial period, after you have been corrected, and projecting it to Christians as Gods' final word shows crass ignorance and unteachable Spirit.

Job made a statement by inspiration, a statement which has contextual support bible wide.

Lets review some :

"Many of those whose bodies lie dead and buried will rise up, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting disgrace." - Daniel 12:2

"Don't be so surprised! Indeed, the time is coming when all the dead in their graves will hear the voice of God's Son " - John 5:28

I think I will rather stick to the bible than your crass 'teaching'.

Now, come with me to same Job later in Chpt 38vs1-2
''Then the Lord answered Job ... 'Who is he that darkeneth my words without knowledge? Gird up now...for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me'.''
Job was dumbfounded as God put to shreds all his previous lamentations (chpts 38-41) until the 42nd chapter when his eyes cleared, he blurted out '...but now my eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and I repent in dust and ashes' vs5,6.
That's a humble and a teachable Spirit at display.

Don't quite get your point here.

That's why scripture says 'we know in parts, and we prophesy in parts', we can all learn and grow as revelation increases.

There is a marked difference between learning and producing the bad fruit of heresy which is what many churches in Nigeria are famous for these days.
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by mysticgal(f): 11:26am On Dec 01, 2013
this thread sha lipsrsealed

rip dr paul,you have been an immense blessing to me and others.
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by ayoku777(m): 11:54am On Dec 01, 2013
frosbel: Gone to be with the Lord in glory ? How do you know this.

That's not true! Do you remember the story of the rich man and Lazarus? It was an actual event because Jesus was detailed even to the name of the begger.

Luke 16v20 -And there was a certain begger NAMED LAZARUS, which was laid at his gate, full of sores.

In the story, the rich man died and was buried and his soul went to hell, it didn't sleep waiting for the judgment day.

Luke 16v22v23 -And it came to pass, that the begger died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom; the rich man als died, and was buried. AND IN HELL he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off and Lazarus in his bosom.

Does this sound like someone sleeping and waiting for the jugdment to you?

And in other matters. RIP to Paul Crouch, he was a christian tv media trailblazer. He took the risk when many believers couldn't and he inspired many with courage to do the same. Now christian channels are everywhere.
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 01, 2013
[quote author=ayoku777]

That's not true! Do you remember the story of the rich man and Lazarus? It was an actual event because Jesus was detailed even to the name of the begger.

It was a parable.

Also, what is the rich man's name ?

Luke 16v20 -And there was a certain begger NAMED LAZARUS, which was laid at his gate, full of sores.

In the story, the rich man died and was buried and his soul went to hell, it didn't sleep waiting for the judgment day.

Luke 16v22v23 -And it came to pass, that the begger died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom; the rich man als died, and was buried. AND IN HELL he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off and Lazarus in his bosom.

This is a parable

And in other matters. RIP to Paul Crouch, he was a christian tv media trailblazer. He took the risk when many believers couldn't and he inspired many with courage to do the same. Now christian channels are everywhere

His ministry was used to propagate some of the most wicked doctrines that has done immense damage to the gospel.
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by ayoku777(m): 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2013
So Jesus gave a parable that people went to hell after they died? When it wasn't true?

And what of Christ? Didn't He go to hell to after he died?

Acts 2v26 -Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: because thou will not leave my soul in hell.
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
ayoku777: So Jesus gave a parable that people went to hell after they died? When it wasn't true?

And what of Christ? Didn't He go to hell to after he died?

Acts 2v26 -Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: because thou will not leave my soul in hell.

Sheol is the word used for Hell here, Sheol means the grave or place of the dead. In fact , if you were to review the old testament , both the bad and good descended there after death.
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by ayoku777(m): 12:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
frosbel:

Sheol is the word used for Hell here, Sheol means the grave or place of the dead. In fact , if you were to review the old testament , both the bad and good descended there after death.

So the hell the rich man went to was a fake hell or 'parable' hell?
Re: Dr Paul Crouch Founder Of Tbn Passed To Glory..... by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
ayoku777:

So the hell the rich man went to was a fake hell or 'parable' hell?

How many hells are there in the bible ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Church Sound System Wouldn't Allow Me Sleep!!! / Do I think that I am very rich and wealthy, and why do I see myself so???... / 990yrs In Kingdom Of Satan-confession. Click Here To Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.